WoW Classic Higher Pop Than Live.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WoW Classic higher pop than live.
WoW Classic higher pop than live.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-02 22:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I didn't mean it that way, it was meant as low population = low income.

That and, you know how things work, the average MMO player will think a game is dead if he doesn't see people everywhere. When you go through cities or worse, in the wild, it's pretty empty. Because of this, some people will unsub, thus lowering the population even more.

Part of why we don't get new, meaningful content "regularly", or at least somewhat, is due to the population. Whales will never amount to anything substantial, even more so on a MMO without a proper cash shop.

Makes more sense.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-11-03 04:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Beatrica said: »
It is not that i could not pay it, i have plenty of money... I just dont want to... Game had content but SE ruined old content so now there is not much left, yes

The "content" of the old game which you seem to be harping back on was...EXP grinding...and waiting for things to pop. Gigantic wastes of time where you spent more time waiting on things to happen than you did engaged with those things. Incredibly boring 'game' that was.
[+]
By kinkanat 2019-11-03 07:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyzul isle, Assault, Sky, Sea, Limbus, Einhjerjar, Dinamys, ISNM, BCNM, KSNM, ENM...

Boring content? If this is boring content then what are FFXIV or WoW? XD

Since a few months I am playing FFXI in Nasomi and I am enjoying, after playing FFXI 16 years.

But I'm playing with 4 more friends, 1 of them discovered FFXI 2 years ago and another has never played FFXI and has started directly in Nasomi.

EVERYONE is enjoying it, and except the one who hasn't played FFXI today, everyone else recognizes that FFXI nasomi (or classic as we call it) is a game far superior to the current FFXI.

Current FFXI has wanted to look too much like FFXIV, with teleports everywhere, without exploration or living world as if it has classic. Also the old penalties are harder and the game is a real MMORPG.

Don't get me wrong, FFXI today is still one of the best MMORPGs of all time, but FFXI classic is THE BEST objectively speaking.

Just because some of you around here don't have the time or desire to play such a demanding game as FFXI classic doesn't mean that everyone is like you.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-11-03 08:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

kinkanat said: »
Nyzul isle, Assault, Sky, Sea, Limbus, Einhjerjar, Dinamys, ISNM, BCNM, KSNM, ENM...

Boring content? If this is boring content then what are FFXIV or WoW? XD

Since a few months I am playing FFXI in Nasomi and I am enjoying, after playing FFXI 16 years.

But I'm playing with 4 more friends, 1 of them discovered FFXI 2 years ago and another has never played FFXI and has started directly in Nasomi.

EVERYONE is enjoying it, and except the one who hasn't played FFXI today, everyone else recognizes that FFXI nasomi (or classic as we call it) is a game far superior to the current FFXI.

Current FFXI has wanted to look too much like FFXIV, with teleports everywhere, without exploration or living world as if it has classic. Also the old penalties are harder and the game is a real MMORPG.

Don't get me wrong, FFXI today is still one of the best MMORPGs of all time, but FFXI classic is THE BEST objectively speaking.

Just because some of you around here don't have the time or desire to play such a demanding game as FFXI classic doesn't mean that everyone is like you.

I mean if you're going to be so nitpicky with that list current FFXI has:

Delve, Sinister Reign, Skirmish, Alluvion skirmish, Macro orb BCNM, HTBF, Escha, Omen, Dynamis, Master Trials, Unity, Ambuscade, Vagary, Incursion...

When I said boring content I was talking about the usual 75 days nostalgia claims (which the earlier person sounded like) that loved EXP camps (boring) and camping kings (super boring). Because current FFXI has its own spread of content that rivals all other 75 day content. There's just no King equivalent, and you have CP camps instead of merit parties.

I don't mind if people like 75 days, Nasomi, whatever. But don't try to claim it's a fun game. It's not. It's a boring game, but you enjoy playing it with friends. I don't see how that doesn't translate to current XI, since I play current XI with friends all the time and it makes things more fun for me, but whatever. The 75 era was slow, your options were limited, drops were rare, you could spend weeks farming and not get a single thing to improve your character because of it all. It was a crap "game". It was a good experience, I'll give it that, but the "game" aspect was ***. And there's nothing in the 75 era I don't get in current FFXI, and current era is a far more enjoyable game, too.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By kinkanat 2019-11-03 10:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You are absolutely right, if you are not able to see why FFXI today IF it is more boring than it was 75 it is impossible to reason with such people.

FFXI was 75 was better game than the current one where the combat is so frenetic that it is too chaotic (it starts to look too much like FFXIV), the content is faster and "easy" compared to it was 75 and too repetitive.

In FFXI it was 75 the world if it mattered, and a lot, and it was extremely easy to die if you got lost. Also the final content was not limited to Ambuscade for money and Dinamys Divergence to update your REMA.

What do you like about FFXI today? ok, I still play it, and it's still the best MMORPG today, but FFXI 75 was infinitely superior.

If you can't see it, it's because you're a player with little time and you like instant or faster rewards.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-03 11:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been said many times. You miss the memories of people you played with, not the gameplay.
You guys are delusional.

The combat is only more frenetic because ffxi at the current state has more gear options which allowed you to actually cap haste and therefore attack more, which leads to more tp moves which then leads to more frenetic gameplay.
Don't like it? Play monk... Just the same as it was.

No one enjoyed running around for hours just to die by some random Goblin without a Home Point anywhere close.

75 era had very limited selection of gear...
Nostalgia is great, I get it. I still love my memories of playing Zelda Ocarina of Time, but time moves on.... So do memories which make you see the game differently.

Also the final content was not limited to Ambuscade for money and Dinamys Divergence to update your REMA.

Have you even played FFXI? You are so wrong about this. Goes against your point even more. There is more options if you have time, but you said:
If you can't see it, it's because you're a player with little time and you like instant or faster rewards.

Learn the current FFXI before you attempt to ***on it. You make yourself look like a tool, as well as the others who claim 75 era's superiority.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-03 11:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
It is not that i could not pay it, i have plenty of money... I just dont want to... Game had content but SE ruined old content so now there is not much left, yes

The "content" of the old game which you seem to be harping back on was...EXP grinding...and waiting for things to pop. Gigantic wastes of time where you spent more time waiting on things to happen than you did engaged with those things. Incredibly boring 'game' that was.
You're definitely not wrong.

everyone else recognizes that FFXI nasomi (or classic as we call it) is a game far superior to the current FFXI.

You can't recognize something that factually isn't true. There are some aspects of 75 cap XI that are missing but for almost everything the game today is infinitely better. But you play on a ***broken server, and actually enjoy it, so your view is skewed.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-03 11:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
The combat is only more frenetic because

More like because even when things go right people can easily get 1 shotted in full DT gear, some fights are mitigated with TP feed control but I digress.

Asura.Shiraj said: »
tool

That sums up Nasomi players.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-11-03 11:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-11-03 11:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Try classic again, camp a lame NM for days and *** days.

Nope'd the *** outa that ***.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-11-03 11:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad luck? Ok I'll keep trying.

Classic is:

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-03 12:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, reasoning with such People rly makes Little sense... they only try to make fun of you, they'll never understand the 75 era because they lack the proper Soul to understand it, what a pity but it makes no difference anyway, leave em as they are and walk on to a brighter future, FFXI is just a dying game

Dying game cos you don't understand it?
I remember trying to help you learn how Rune Fencer worked and you could never actually understand how it worked.
Makes me think you preferred simpler times with how easy ***was.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-03 12:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, reasoning with such People rly makes Little sense... they only try to make fun of you, they'll never understand the 75 era because they lack the proper Soul to understand it, what a pity but it makes no difference anyway, leave em as they are and walk on to a brighter future, FFXI is just a dying game

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-11-03 13:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of us have been there and done that. I can't understand wanting to relive content you've already played. I tried to and it's not the same, maybe it is for you, but it's not for me.

There's nothing wrong with that at all, but please keep it to yourself when you're a guest in our house.

Most of us have a thorough understanding of the 75 era.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-03 13:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Shiraj you were 4-8 years old in 2004-2008? I don't get how you're talking about the old times??

What? You believed a number someone said on the internet lol. Come on man, I don't tell any personal information online, even something as simple as an age.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-03 13:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why you gullible.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-03 13:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there is definitely something bizarre about telling everyone you're a child if it isn't true...

1 person pestered me I forgot who back in Crazyfriends. I told them guess. Cos I ain't saying. I never said the number was true or false, just went on with my play time lol.
It's like a false rumour that spreads and you didn't have any say in it.
But idc lol. Doesn't affect me so never said anything about it.

But most useless ***ever lol, my ***don't matter to anyone so why say it. Literally dumbest thing to bring up.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-03 14:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked you if it was true that you are 16 (a few years ago) and you said that you were 17. You told me how you finished school and are doing A levels etc... nothing to do rumours. Didn't CF people play with your parents too?

Questioning someone's ability to talk authoritatively about a time period which they couldn't have really experienced is entirely relevant to the discussion.

No lol. The only thing I've spoke about is that I'm studying a cyber security degree on the side. While learning programming in my free time.

Most pointless discussion in any thread.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-03 14:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No. That's definitely not what you said but w/e. If you wanna keep pretending you played end game in 75 era that's fine...

Never said I played. I know about it, I always kept up-to date.
But not replying anymore atm, doing SF with some friends, better than this pointless discussion.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11