WoW Classic Higher Pop Than Live.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WoW Classic higher pop than live.
WoW Classic higher pop than live.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11
By Mattelot 2019-10-27 14:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
It cracks me up, he's so dumb.

And even dumber people give him free money. :(
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-10-28 16:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately. Where we see a kid with anger issues and laugh because it's ridiculous but not necessarily negative on him, some people see a very cool guy they wish they were.

In their defense, I did find Steve-o and the other Jackass people hilarious back in the days. I didn't give money to this kind of stuff but, I guess these streamers are just the nowadays equivalent.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 16:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I mean like, if you like what someone does its "ok" to pay them for providing content.

It IS a job. If you watch "this streamer" because you enjoy what they do, but they don't get any money, you may never see or hear from them again.

Not any different than buying tickets for events, just cutting out the venue/venders/ticketmaster/agent/advertisers to pay them direct.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-10-28 19:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't think that's the issue. It's more about "anyone can just turn on OBS, link it to Twitch and simply showcase how stupid they are and make money". Roughly.

Some streamers actually script their stuff and all, there is actual work, but those that are "quirky" and other stupid terms, literally gtfo.
By Mattelot 2019-10-29 06:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately. Where we see a kid with anger issues and laugh because it's ridiculous but not necessarily negative on him, some people see a very cool guy they wish they were.

In their defense, I did find Steve-o and the other Jackass people hilarious back in the days. I didn't give money to this kind of stuff but, I guess these streamers are just the nowadays equivalent.

This is just me, but I see Jackass differently. I cracked up at a lot of things they did/said but they were meant to be comedy and stunts. Too many streamers and (for a lack of a more politically correct term) "big name" streamers advertise themselves as being really good at their games when they're not. They throw real fits and discuss cringeworthy things.

It's more about "anyone can just turn on OBS, link it to Twitch and simply showcase how stupid they are and make money".

Yeah, that's basically it. I remember the first time I saw one when I first heard about them. My kid who was 12 or 13 at the time said "watch this guy, he's really popular" and it was just some pleb playing a game. I was like "Is he about to do something?" He said "no, just watch". I kept watching and I said "is something about to happen? I don't get it". No, that was it, it was just a pleb playing a game.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-29 07:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My fave thing on Jackass was when they threw a sleeping Steve-O out of a moving boat and he literally woke up flying through the air xD
By Mattelot 2019-10-29 09:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Steve-O really did some of the most "wtf..." stunts. The one I still cannot believe he did was the Poo Cocktail Supreme. I... just cannot imagine how horrible that was.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2019-10-29 11:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

And he deserves it. He marketed from the start as pranks and other shenanigans. He didn't market himself as being awesome at something when he wasn't.

Oh well, Steve-O for President.

Post deleted by User.
By ashcrow 2019-11-02 01:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Beatrica said: »
wow classic is so much fun compared to FFXI These days... this game just has lost its Appeal, all u do is grinding the same endgame Content again and again and if u dont do this u lv some alt Job with Trusts which carry u while u skill up naked.... amazing

no more Exploration, no more Endurance, no more traveling, no more roleplay, all what People do today is comparing their Jobs in DPS and farm the same tedious Content while collecting as much remas as they can carry, whole game Plays on lv99, al other stuff is Pretty much useless, same for old zones, this game has become so boring with the Zero interest attidude from squareenix to bring the game back to life, all i can see is a minimal effort to Keep the Players playing until the game eventually dies, sad, if ure Looking for a better game experience, i can rly recommand wow classic, it just feels totally different and as much as i loved FFXI in ist better years around 2010, this game doesnt seem to get any real love in the future, People are interested in real MMOROGS as wow classic proves, FFXI was the best MMORPG once, why dont bring it back to ist glory days??? waste of oppetunity but ok....

nah its just unplayable without Gearswaps, that's the only negative, never mind no world exploration and danger too, but that does not make the game bad its the community that does. i have recently got back to the game and i only have around 4 hours too after mastering RDM and getting neck +2 and creating 4 pages of macros for RDM its not fun without gear -swaps and i will never use Gearswaps. Its too fast for manual macros now

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-02 11:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The only problem FFXI has is its low population, really. The game is WAY past its prime. It's enjoyable in ways it wasn't before but yes, at the end of the day, it's a MMO and the lack of people is severely hurting the experience in many ways.

That being said, it's still enjoyable in certain ways, so it's wrong to say that the game didn't adapt.
The game has and will always be niche because of the way it is played but if some of the stuff that was added in the past decade was present back in 2006, the game would have been crazy.

But I still find it dumb to judge a game with a very active community due to the current hype and a dead game, population wise. They obviously cannot bring the same kind of experience. I'm pretty sure most of the people on FFXI nowadays lament the lack of people. I miss leveling parties a lot, really a lot, but it just can't happen anymore if there isn't anyone playing anymore. That's how it is, deal with it.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-02 11:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What server are you on? Asura is where almost everyone who likes having more people/activity around transferred to, and there's basically always 2000-3000 people on, which isn't TOO far away from peak FFXI (~4500).

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-02 12:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Real mmos... lmaooooo

1 2 3 4 5

Move out of red circle

Move out of new red circle

Repeat

Sorry ffxi is hard for a thot like you... but keep your trash opinion to yourself
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-02 13:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxi is hard. I die in Abyssea.
Bubbly Bernie kills me a lot.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-02 13:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
What server are you on? Asura is where almost everyone who likes having more people/activity around transferred to, and there's basically always 2000-3000 people on, which isn't TOO far away from peak FFXI (~4500).
You could park 140,000 people on Asura, this will never bring back the exp parties and other social elements that are gone from the game.
The shouts are more active, that's literally it.

I deal with it by not playing it anymore, simple as that, im tired of the gearing process and endgame forced playstyle of the current game, people still paying overpriced subs for this game while all SE is doing is bashing out minor fixes for the game, they just take ure money and wait for the game to die, if they had interest in the game's endurance they would do something but are not... It is time to move on to a real Mmorpg, as much as i love ffxi as i grew up with it but because of that i know what made it such a good game and it is cleary beyond its lifespan, people who dont see that just are blind
Game is literally deep into its retirement.

But is it really something negative? To me, FFXI is chill. You hop on, you do what you want, it's chill as ***. No pressure, no teens to make things a headache, no frustration personally.
I want to spam Ambuscade? I can, I'm not on Asura. I want to spam ANY HTB? I can, I'm not on Asura. I want to farm an Empyrean with ZERO competition? I can, I'm not on Asura.
So why would I ***on it? If I don't feel like playing it (which I am not these days), I just play something else. If I want to play it? I just launch it. No pressure.

Why are you so obsessed with only playing one game? Why are you so obsessed with leaving stuff behind and that's it?

Why do you bring unneeded frustration upon yourself? Just enjoy life, do whatever you want that makes you feel good.
I find WoW to be garbage (tried it at different times), that's ok, I'll just go play something else. There are so many games nowadays, so many ways to spend time and have fun, alone or not, why always try to knock the other ***down. Just enjoy.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-02 13:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I deal with it by not playing it anymore, simple as that, im tired of the gearing process and endgame forced playstyle of the current game, people still paying overpriced subs for this game while all SE is doing is bashing out minor fixes for the game, they just take ure money and wait for the game to die, if they had interest in the game's endurance they would do something but are not... It is time to move on to a real Mmorpg, as much as i love ffxi as i grew up with it but because of that i know what made it such a good game and it is cleary beyond its lifespan, people who dont see that just are blind

Grow up and get a real job and then you wouldn't consider $12.95 for entertainment expensive.

The only problem FFXI has is its low population, really.

Not really as there's only 1 event you even need more than a party for. I'd say it's biggest problem is lack of modern content (sure has plenty of old, soloable content that is somehow still relevant for people to hash through but most consider it a chore and not fun).

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-02 14:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You could park 140,000 people on Asura, this will never bring back the exp parties and other social elements that are gone from the game.
Then your problem with it isn't its low population, as you claimed, but with what said population does.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-02 16:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost cute that people think $12.95 is a lot of money.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-02 17:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
The only problem FFXI has is its low population, really.

Not really as there's only 1 event you even need more than a party for. I'd say it's biggest problem is lack of modern content (sure has plenty of old, soloable content that is somehow still relevant for people to hash through but most consider it a chore and not fun).
I didn't mean it that way, it was meant as low population = low income.

That and, you know how things work, the average MMO player will think a game is dead if he doesn't see people everywhere. When you go through cities or worse, in the wild, it's pretty empty. Because of this, some people will unsub, thus lowering the population even more.

Part of why we don't get new, meaningful content "regularly", or at least somewhat, is due to the population. Whales will never amount to anything substantial, even more so on a MMO without a proper cash shop.

If the game was free to play, i would aggree but it is not, if u enjoy paying quite high subs for the game in its current state u are free to do but i wont support SE anymore longer, their zero interest in FFXI and how they take care of the game just kills it for me
I have to agree with the opposite here. We're all at the very least at the beginning of our 30s, if you use the fact that you have to pay X$ as an argument, I think you have bigger problems in life than FFXI's state.

I don't even know how much I pay for FFXI and I'm not earning that much.

Asura.Geriond said: »
Then your problem with it isn't its low population, as you claimed, but with what said population does.
You didn't read the previous post properly.

Exp parties don't exist anymore, the game isn't designed the way it used to be, it's only normal things are different now.
This is what my post meant.

The social elements of FFXI are mostly gone, partially because of the game's design but also in part because most people left aren't the "good social kind". Gain is only making things worse, to give you an example.

Siren.Sandraa said: »
The only thing FFXI needs to recover people is:

12 man content of revamped, einherjar, omega, ultima, VW and Legion. Of course this content will have omen-dynamis +3 gear as base.

This will encourage the people to start shout for 18 men to reduce the difficulty and people will join to end-game LS more often cuz you have tons of end-game to do.
Wrong. You'd have to get yourself a time machine. There is no going back to more people, stop dreaming.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-02 17:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't read the previous post properly.
I read it properly; literally every sentence was specifically about the raw number of people, and there is no room for misinterpretation.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11