Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 198 199 200
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-26 11:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
My dad gave me his Trump 2020 hat...
I was thinking on wearing it to work to make it less busy at the restaurant so my life would be a little easier (assuming no one tries to assault me).

(I’m not a Trump supporter, but i’m not a “lib” either... go Bernie!)
>not a lib
>go bernie

Wut?

Democrats aren't liberal enough for him.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-26 12:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Michael Mann, global warming guru who developed the famous hockey stick graph, just lost a legal case because he could not prove his graph was not a fraud.

Global warming hoax confirmed.

It's actually much worse then that. Mann sued the other guy for libel because the other guy claimed Mann's report was a deliberate fraud. The defendant then claimed a truth defense, meaning the claim they can prove the statements to be true. The defendant then said they would need the original data used by Mann to form his famous "hocky stick graph" that folks like Chanti and Shiroi believe in. The court then ordered Mann to provide the data and set a deadline, Mann refused to do so and the court then dismissed the case with prejudice and assigned all costs to Mann.

Two take aways here, first is that the data of this world changing IPCC "we're all going to die" report is still secret and not open to unbiased third party verification. The second is that the person possessing the data refused to release that data even under court order for a lawsuit he himself filed.

The criminal version of that would be if a Prosecution accused Shiroi of murder and Shiroi's lawyer then asserted they could prove otherwise if they had the DNA evidence the police collected. The Judge then tells the prosecution that they had better hand over that DNA evidence, upon which the prosecution refuses.

Yeah instant case dismissal under 5th and 14th Amendment due process.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-08-26 12:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And that's why you always ask for the raw data. A graph without raw data might as well be considered art, because it's definitely not science.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-08-26 14:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Michael Mann, global warming guru who developed the famous hockey stick graph, just lost a legal case because he could not prove his graph was not a fraud.

Apparently, this is a lie. The case was dismissed due to Tim's health condition and his lies had no influence on Mann's reputation.

Does that really surprise you?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-08-26 15:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently, this is a lie. The case was dismissed due to Tim's health condition and his lies had no influence on Mann's reputation.

Source?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2019-08-26 15:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol ok the guy who just lost the case’s spin is im sure 100% objective.

Im sure if his scam is unraveling it bears no effect to his economic, moral, or social credibility.

Atta boy shi!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-26 18:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure if his scam is unraveling it bears no effect to his economic, moral, or social credibility.

Atta boy shi!

Find me 1 reputable news website reporting Michael Mann lost the case because he couldn't provide data and I'll believe you.

Looking forward to your 100% objective websites.

You mean you will agree with someone if they find you a website that you agree with?

Here ya go everyone, liberal logic for ya.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-26 18:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Atta boy shi!

Find me 1 reputable news website reporting Michael Mann lost the case because he couldn't provide data and I'll believe you.

Looking forward to your 100% objective websites.

You mean you will agree with someone if they find you a website that you agree with?

Here ya go everyone, liberal logic for ya.
Bingo, the appeal to their own socially constructed authority.

Do you see how this works yet shi?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-26 18:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Atta boy shi!

Judge dismissed the case and ordered Mann to pay the costs.

If Mann "won" then why would his lawyers considering appealing.

As for the reason, Judge ruled that the plaintiff (that's Mann) was taking to long to provide court ordered documents (that's the raw data-sets) and ruled in favor of the defendant by default. It's just like my example above, the Judge wouldn't rule Shiroi "innocent" when the prosecution failed to submit their DNA evidence, it would instead dismiss the whole case "with prejudice". The "with prejudice" means the case can *never* be attempted again.

What the liberals are trying to do is play with words because it's a "dismissal" and not a "final verdict". The judge didn't decide the merits of Mann's accusations because the required documents weren't present for them to do so. And because Mann was the one responsible for those documents not being provided, the judge decided to dismiss the entire thing, with prejudice. A dismissal with prejudice is functionally the exact same as a win for the defendant and a loss for the plaintiff.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-08-26 18:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like it was too much for him, Shiroi. Completely reasonable request, met by retreat.
By Viciouss 2019-08-26 18:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
What the liberals are trying to do is play with words because it's a "dismissal" and not a "final verdict".

This is completely facts I don't like, nobody cares about this "case." It means absolutely nothing. Shiroi simply asked for a source, because its nowhere to be seen. Nobody is reporting on it. And considering nausi is a chronic liar, there is no reason to take his word for any topic.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-08-26 19:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I searched it. Three stories.

Power Line, Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph.

Power Line is a right wing blog. The other two are Australian newspapers. The newspapers stories are already down.

Its BC Canada case and there is nothing in the Vancouver Sun about it.
By Viciouss 2019-08-26 19:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its easy to guess what source nausi used lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-26 19:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Its BC Canada case and there is nothing in the Vancouver Sun about it.

Which is sufficient evidence that it's in favor of Tim and not Mann. If it was as Mann said, then CNN, MSNBC, BBC and every other leftist paper would be running the story on how the great high priest beat out the nay-sayers.

Mann is the person who wrote the report that the rest of your religion used to justify the "give us all the power or the world will die in a fire" line they took awhile back. He's also the person at the very center of the climate gate emails that showed climate science was cooking the books for government funding.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2019-08-26 23:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How did Mann win the argument again?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-27 06:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He's a liberal, therefor he instantly wins everything.

Classic situation of moving the goalposts. Notice he keeps using the whole "put up a source I agree with" line. Case has been going on more then nine years for reference.

Anyhow WUWT has been tracking the entire thing and Tim Ball is a member of that community, they really like to provide citations, pdfs and so forth.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/08/22/breaking-dr-tim-ball-wins-michaelemann-lawsuit-mann-has-to-pay/

Of course Shiroi doesn't agree with them and they aren't liberal so he doesn't consider them credible.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-27 08:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't put an article from a reputable source. Hell, even fox news would be enough.
So you win not because you have a better argument or even a counter argument, but because I cant provide you a source you deam credible?

Thats not how arguments work, btw. If they worked that way you could just say i refuse to believe something and it wouldn’t be true.

Who am i kidding that exactly how lefties argue anyways.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-08-27 08:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ain't moving any goalpost, I'm asking for a reputable source, not a blog, none of you can deliver. I don't mind if it's from a conservative source, just something more substantial than a blog.

I know it's a very low standard .. but something written by an actual journalist would be at least a start.

It's actually a very high standard if the source you're asking for doesn't exist. And it's clear from Mann's own words that he didn't "win" if he's seeking an appeal.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 198 199 200