Wishlist For Items Stackable To 99 (official Post)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Wishlist for Items Stackable to 99 (official post)
Wishlist for Items Stackable to 99 (official post)
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-05-16 04:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dawn Mulsums (noones broken the game using hundreds of these already with current inventory space, make it happen SE)
Bst Biscuits
Pup oils
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
Server: Asura
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-16 04:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caladbolg for maximum torcleaver.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2019-05-16 06:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

eschalixirs
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2019-05-16 06:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Crystal clusters.
Ores.

~Note, I believe these should still be able to be sold in quantities of 12 or 99. Just being able to stack up to 99 would be convenient and space saving for our inventories'
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-16 07:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Please note that after this update, any items that can be listed on the auction house will need to be sold in singles or stacks of 99 only after this update.

We ask that you please take the above factors into consideration and if you have any items in mind that you'd like to be able to stack to 99, we'd like to hear from you!

There is no compromise. If you suggest the item for their list, and it is changed, it will not be able to be AHed as 12 any more. Please don't suggest things that would be impractical to get 99 of, you'll hurt supply.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-16 07:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say sublime belongs on moogle(and as such, shouldn't stack to 99), they've always left the highest tier foods out so that cooks have something left.

Everything on moogle, especially echos/holies/panacea/remedy, should stack to 99. You can always carry a 99 stack of bream sushi or whatever.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-05-16 07:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
They should add Sublime Sushi to moogles, and then let both them and red curry buns stack to 99. All medicines can be purchased from moogles too so there should be no AH issues with any of those at least.

Carrying multiple stacks of echo drops and holy waters is the most annoying thing I would like to see stack though.

nah
This game does not need anymore reduction on featurs of the game.
let cooking crafters have something to do thats fine.
[+]
By Kainrostecello 2019-05-16 07:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kraken Clubs
[+]
By snakeplisken 2019-05-16 08:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised I'm the first to mention (perhaps I missed it). Crystals pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee.
By Shichishito 2019-05-16 08:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

recipes with fish ingredients always get completely dominated by fish bots. it only needs 1-2 of them with a couple of mules to saturate demand on a average server.

the moogle can have sublime np.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-16 08:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No botter gives a ***about sublime sushi at 100k/stack, it's pocket change. It's real players doing that, you're just completely nutty and out of touch.
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2019-05-16 09:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

snakeplisken said: »
Surprised I'm the first to mention (perhaps I missed it). Crystals pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee.

I think that would really mess things up since Clusters exist
By Shichishito 2019-05-16 09:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
No botter gives a ***about sublime sushi at 100k/stack, it's pocket change. It's real players doing that, you're just completely nutty and out of touch.

one would think so but personal experience tought me different.

just needs 1-2 botters that can't math and there are plenty of them out there, you give those people too much credit.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2019-05-16 09:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Neb said: »
snakeplisken said: »

I think that would really mess things up since Clusters exist

Just make clusters still give 12 but stack up to 99, and stack the cluster to 99 too please!
[+]
By Meeble 2019-05-16 10:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Everything on moogle

^ this. Auto Oils and Pet Food, as well. All non-rare vendor consumables should stack to 99.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-16 10:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just about every item that drops from logwatch needs to stack to 99.

Logs
Ores
Jewels/Colored Stones
Monster-specific mats (Demon Horns, Gold Beastcoins etc)
Oxblood/Phoenix
Trump Card Cases (who cares, people buy from vendor anyways so AH is unaffected)
Ninjutsu Tool
Quivers and Ninja Shurikens (pouches)
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-05-16 10:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So... 99 beds?

I think 99 would be too much for a lot of items. It would take forever to gather 99 logs unless you are a bot.

Plus, you don't get 5 stacks of logs and stones in log watch. You get 12 different kinds of logs, 10 different kinds of stones and none of them add up to a stack unless you spend a lot of time on it.
[+]
By Meeble 2019-05-16 10:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The argument for making consumables stack to 99 is that they are things you need and will always have a certain quantity of. If they've already been put on a vendor for quality of life, making them take up 1 inventory spot vs. ~n spots makes sense.

The same argument doesn't work for RNG drops or craft materials. Geodes and Avatar~ites stacking to 99 instead of 12 doesn't make them any less annoying.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-05-16 10:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't buy from an NPC, it shouldn't stack to 99. In fact, I'd like them to make Shivites and company stack to 12 so it's worth putting on ah.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-16 10:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Making alchemy consumables (echo drops, remedies etc) stack is a really nice idea. With some exceptions (the RARE stuff). I would also extend it to BST cookies, jugs, mulsum and pup oils.

I think food can stay at 12, unless they wanna drastically increase the numbers you get from nq, hq etc. when crafting.
What they should really do for food is making so everything stacks to 12, so that there are no unstacksble food left. (with a couple of exceptions like altana repast and similar maybe?)
The same should apply to cooking ingredients (all crafting materials in general maybe?) and make so all of them stack to either 12 or 99
I'm sure all cooking crafters would appreciate that.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-16 11:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH, I think this is a "fix" that's too little, too late.

The reason why I say this is because we all have already accumulated into what to expect from drops, and adjusted accordingly. Meaning we already know and have our economic system in place regarding stacks of 12 and stacks of 99. Most items we use on a daily basis (with the exception of items that are used with abilities/spells, such as COR cards and NIN tools, or medicines such as remedies) are not used at a rate where having a stack of 99 would be worth it. At most, we would want 10 or so on hand and purchasable. Which makes stacks of 12 for food ideal. Having food stack to 99 would make it impossible for most people to buy them (especially HQ variants), and those who do, would buy them once every few months (instead of once a week or so), which would hurt crafters who obtain funds through disposables the most.

On the note of crafting items going from 12 to 99, while that may have merit, it would make said 99 items harder to get because you cannot sell them at all until you get 99 (or sell them individually, which limits your ability to sell items in total). Farming items would help, but only if you farm long hours for sale or use.

The only things that benefit from having stacks of 99 are those who already have stacks of 99, namely any item used for upgrading weapons (alex, plutons, boulders, HMPs, etc.)

Anything purchasable from NPCs should have the ability to stack to 99 though.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-16 12:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Piss on people that sell mats.

Stack everything to 99.

You want to keep selling Waktza Crests, make mules and sell singles. Square gets more dollars from you and it's win/win.

Oh you don't want to buy 99 Sublime sushi? too bad.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-05-16 13:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Piss on people that sell mats.

Stack everything to 99.

You want to keep selling Waktza Crests, make mules and sell singles. Square gets more dollars from you and it's win/win.

Oh you don't want to buy 99 Sublime sushi? too bad.
You should be banned from this site. No one can have a normal discussion with you around.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-05-16 13:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
If you can't buy from an NPC, it shouldn't stack to 99. In fact, I'd like them to make Shivites and company stack to 12 so it's worth putting on ah.
I'd agree, but with a few exceptions. Beastman/Kindred/etc Seals come to mind, as well as plutons/beitetsu/boulders, alexandrite, liminal residue, devious dice, etc. Basically, stuff that might as well be considered a form of currency, and fortunately it pretty much all does stack to 99 currently.

I've got 20 spaces taken up in my mog case for crap like Shivites. Been collecting them since forever, and still haven't hit a full stack on any flavor of them. I think I don't even have 30 of most yet. So I would definitely love if those were reduced to 12.

Another option would be if they let us list 99-stackable items in bundles of 12 on the auction house. That would alleviate a lot of the problems with making things stack to 99.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-16 13:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Stack 99 everything and let AH stay 12 is the perfect solution.

If they refuse to acknowledge that, stack 99. NPC the ***you can't get 99 of.

I mean seriously. Shivites are 100k if you're holding those for some big payout just NPC them. Goldsmith bots will buy any and every all day every day if they have access to you.

Hell Dbox me ALL your -ites day and night, literally every single one you get and ill Dbox you back 1k each.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-16 13:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If they refuse to acknowledge that
They outright said in their post they won't do it.

The auction packet takes a binary flag for stack or single, the client automatically defers to stack if full or single if not. Both the client and packet system would need modifications, and while it isn't terribly complicated, they seem very afraid to modify either of them.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-05-16 13:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
I'd agree, but with a few exceptions. Beastman/Kindred/etc Seals come to mind, as well as plutons/beitetsu/boulders, alexandrite, liminal residue, devious dice, etc. Basically, stuff that might as well be considered a form of currency, and fortunately it pretty much all does stack to 99 currently.

I've got 20 spaces taken up in my mog case for crap like Shivites. Been collecting them since forever, and still haven't hit a full stack on any flavor of them. I think I don't even have 30 of most yet. So I would definitely love if those were reduced to 12.

Another option would be if they let us list 99-stackable items in bundles of 12 on the auction house. That would alleviate a lot of the problems with making things stack to 99.
Ok, I do agree with the items you listed. Those should stack to 99 as well.
And as much as the stack to 99, ah at 12 would be good, they will never be able to do that. Coding that would probably break the game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-16 13:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't say that it wasn't possible, or that they wouldn't do it.

They don't even think of it as a possibility. Should post that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-05-16 13:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Stack 99 everything and let AH stay 12 is the perfect solution.

If they refuse to acknowledge that, stack 99. NPC the ***you can't get 99 of.

I mean seriously. Shivites are 100k if you're holding those for some big payout just NPC them. Goldsmith bots will buy any and every all day every day if they have access to you.

Hell Dbox me ALL your -ites day and night, literally every single one you get and ill Dbox you back 1k each.
We DO NPC them. No one is holding them to sell a stack. And that's the problem. If we could sell 12, crafters would get more of them and the rings would be more common.