First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-03-14 23:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Seems like a potentially large MBD buff then. :D The big question remaining is whether the club provides MBD or MBDII. Do you happen to have enough MBD gear to check if it caps or not? Try testing using non-blu magic to remove the BA bonus from the equation. /rdm or /blm using T1 nukes would work well for narrowing it down.

Tried to do some Maxentius testing this evening. Targets were Apex Eruca, I was using SAM on an alt for SCs, basically the Shoha->Fudo->Kasha->Shoha->Fudo which let me burst fire on all but the first chain to see growth. To do a basic SC I just used Fudo to Fudo or whatever.
It did not seem to matter if it was a T1/2/3 for damage though, tried various two-WS chains and saw no variance. Just used Fire for testing, ensuring consistent numbers.

On 2100JP BLM using these sets:

Freenuke
ItemSet 365620

3442 (non burst)
11465 3.33
12344 3.586
13241 3.847
14168 4.116

Same set as above, but using Nibiru Cudgel Path B
9221 3.255
9695 3.422
10170 3.59
10644 3.757

Each step of a SC adds MB damage anyway, but Maxentius is definitely offering greater increase in damage.

On the other hand, in my MB set:
ItemSet 365619

12439 4.307
13080 4.529
13711 4.747
14357 4.971

nibiru
10162 4.308
10675 4.525
11205 4.75
11728 4.971

It seems to pretty much be in margins of error/rounding. My impression is that it's contributing to the Magic Burst Damage I stat and getting capped, but someone better versed in the mathy parts may see it differently.
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-15 01:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Well, you can just get all 3 t3 NMs and kill 3/cycle for less runs back to the NPC. Assuming you can kill all 3 solo quicker than the time it would take to run back for 3 pops.

Not that Ive tried but I dont think I can kill it solo faster than 2 to 3 man since 2 of these NM has aoe normal attack moves that takes TP away, which makes melee leaden 3 step a lot harder to connect and slow down kill speed .-.

If theres another person that can start disortion for leaden it should be faster probably.

Decided to farm some pulse weapon solo and here are some solo experiences.

It takes roughly 1.5 min to 2 min to kill fleetstalker and shockmaw solo on melee cor because of stun moves slow down kill speed, although if you shoot instead of melee you can probably kill faster without stuns.

I just ws spam instead of 3 steps because its too difficult to connect ws with stun moves.

Urmahlulu takes roughly 2.5 min because I only ws on ws/spell moves.

Between waiting for ??? repop and running back anf forth for new Ki x3, and deal with aggro at pop spot, it takes roughly 10 min per "round". So that makes it 18 NM kill per hr, should take roughly 5.5hr to kill 100 Nm.

Seems slower than going with 3 people for 20 NM/hr but the benefit of solo is to get all the +2 and ore for some extra income. Not too bad imo.

I can also see merc pulse weapon being a good business, probably. Since buying from merc will probably cost less than pay 50m for cells.
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-15 05:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Vw mobs drop weapons also, fights last 5 seconds and can spam it without having to run for a ki.
By SimonSes 2019-03-15 06:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Vw mobs drop weapons also, fights last 5 seconds and can spam it without having to run for a ki.

According to knowledgeable player from my LS, you need capped (or almost capped?) lights and trade rubicund cells on top fo that, to actually have a chance of pulse weapon popping in chest. I can kinda confirm it with 4000 kills on Aello during campaign but without trading rubicund cells on 2 chars and never getting a pulse weapon.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-03-15 07:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my Ephemeron during the VW campaign with capped lights but no cells, but the drop rate is so low period it doesn't matter: anyone trying to get a pulse weapon WITHOUT capped lights and cells is a fool.
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-15 07:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

During campaign I had to put the GK in //tr drop add list, because it kept dropping, I'm under the impression it's a pulse weapon unless I'm wrong.
By SimonSes 2019-03-15 08:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
During campaign I had to put the GK in //tr drop add list, because it kept dropping, I'm under the impression it's a pulse weapon unless I'm wrong.

You are probably confused. There are 2 GKT (and other type of weapons for other respective VW) you can get. One is NQ and is useless and drops fairly frequent with capped lights. Second one is HQ and real pulse weapon and is super rare.
By kishr 2019-03-15 08:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I'll check when I get home, can't see which I have till I return in a hour
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-15 09:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I know they weren't listed in the update notes and aren't considered "pulse panoplia", but has anyone tried trading the nq weapons to see if SE may have goofed and let one slip through the cracks?
[+]
 Asura.Wizzykid
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wizzykid 2019-03-15 10:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania, can you speak a bit about what your strategy was for Fleetstalker? I'm having some trouble on cor with his aura. Using ArkEV tank and trying to water shot for blue !!proc then Leaden to red !!proc, but seems like sometimes the proc doesn't work... He gets sporadic invincible to magic/physical damage when his aura is up and ends up wiping my trusts/me. :(
By Luminiferous 2019-03-15 11:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone had luck getting their weapons from the NNI campaign?
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-15 11:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Luminiferous said: »

I've done quite a bit of NNI and mostly junk weapons and armor. So working as intended.
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-15 12:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
because of stun moves slow down kill speed

Just read wiki and learned that stun move is conel...changed strategy to fighting in the back and managed to push down kill speed to less than 1.5 min.

Terror move still works, so its still possible that 3 step gets interrupted. But its much better than before.

Asura.Wizzykid said: »
Afania, can you speak a bit about what your strategy was for Fleetstalker? I'm having some trouble on cor with his aura. Using ArkEV tank and trying to water shot for blue !!proc then Leaden to red !!proc, but seems like sometimes the proc doesn't work... He gets sporadic invincible to magic/physical damage when his aura is up and ends up wiping my trusts/me. :(

I never manage to proc but I just zerg through him. His nuke can hit hard on trusts, so I use brygid(mdef+5) and runeist roll to increase surviability.

Uploaded a video for anyone needs.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-15 13:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
I got my Ephemeron during the VW campaign with capped lights but no cells, but the drop rate is so low period it doesn't matter: anyone trying to get a pulse weapon WITHOUT capped lights and cells is a fool.
I have so many pulse weapons on mules. Too bad I can’t trade a pulse weapon from very and turn it into cell.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-03-15 13:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I got lucky last night and got a pulse off NNI campaign:

But the pool of potential drops is huge so it's really a matter of luck. Spamming T3 in Zitah is definitely more efficient unless you also need zeni NM pop items (NNI campaign is awesome for that)
[+]
By Luminiferous 2019-03-15 13:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
I got lucky last night and got a pulse off NNI campaign:

But the pool of potential drops is huge so it's really a matter of luck. Spamming T3 in Zitah is definitely more efficient unless you also need zeni NM pop items (NNI campaign is awesome for that)

Congrats! I've been mixing between Zitah T3, NNI and Legion. Regarding NNI, do you aim for higher floors or spam 20?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-03-15 13:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
I have so many pulse weapons on mules. Too bad I can’t trade a pulse weapon from very and turn it into cell.

Well, you didn't want them, so obviously the drop rate is totally different in that case.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-03-15 14:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
The pool of potential drops is huge so it's really a matter of luck. Spamming T3 in Zitah is definitely more efficient unless you also need zeni NM pop items (NNI campaign is awesome for that)

Congrats! I've been mixing between Zitah T3, NNI and Legion. Regarding NNI, do you aim for higher floors or spam 20?
Personally I set 100 and just keep going up random unless next floor is boss. For pure NM farming you can probably set 20 and go up by 1 every time but I like the chance of multiple +2 per run as well as alex pouches
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-15 15:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there more NMs on the first 20 floors? What is the difference here, because I always set to 100.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-03-15 15:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it's just a case of you can mess around a bit more and always end up reaching F20 for the guaranteed +2 Box.
If say you pick F100 as your run and get screwed up with consecutive Order floors with lamps and only make it to Floor 53, you're not gonna get a +2 box - unless of course you fluked hitting 20/40 or landed on 19/39 and just went up 1.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-03-15 16:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So f-ing typical, I should have known the new crepe recipe wasn't the result of my bitching but someone on the jp forums requested for a new type of Crepe recipe

I'm so done now.
By clearlyamule 2019-03-15 16:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone needs to tell the jps we need a new cheese sandwich
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-03-15 16:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

I'd rather they do serious food with greater stats, but I don't two shits anymore. *** it
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-15 17:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wizzykid said: »

Leaden Salute > Aeolian Edge > Leaden Salute

The Distortion part of the chain will proc him.

He gains intermittent 100% -DT to magic or physical, but it only lasts for a second or two. Just power thru it. Save your QD for gaining TP if you hit a -PDT patch.

And as Afa said, stand behind it. The most dangerous thing is Chainspell, but Phototrophic Blessing from Ygnas or Guiding Light from Arciela are both good to counter it. If you need, can also dedicate a roll to mdef. Or if you Dualbox or have a mage friend, can silence it and he becomes nearly harmless.

Shockmaw is probably easier, if you can position your tank properly (not in front). Just ranged attack/Leaden it.

Urmahlullu is also easy if you're good at timing WS during casting/JA. Also don't stand in front, because Wild Horn can hurt.

I'm about 2/40 on Pulse so far. TH4.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-15 19:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
clearlyamule said: »

I'd rather they do serious food with greater stats, but I don't two shits anymore. *** it

It's just a game sir. I'll pray for you
By Nyarlko 2019-03-15 19:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55210-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-44-Digest

Official notes translation for the FP44 are up. Staff really is just mdmg+100 w/ full tp. :(
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-03-15 20:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55210-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-44-Digest

Official notes translation for the FP44 are up. Staff really is just mdmg+100 w/ full tp. :(

That sucks :/.

They could have made it MB II % + 30 and then it would still be arguably weak lol.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-15 20:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

"Furthermore, we're also planning to renew our client installer and configurations, as well as make adjustments so that the installation is much easier to understand. This should allow, not only new players but returning players an easier environment into the game. We'd like everyone to invite your friends over to try the game out once this becomes available."

I've been saying for awhile now the biggest enemy to this game is PoL. If 10 new people attempt to play XI, 7 or 8 give up because it's so dumb trying to get everything installed and then navigating PoL is a nightmare. I know it only says installer, but I pray they axe PoL or streamline the login process to be modern and we'd see so many more new players trying this game out.

Also, when is the 20th anniversary? Wouldn't that mean 2022 or 3 years from now. That's gotta be a full expansion if it's going to take 3 years to release, right?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22