You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 97 98 99
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-21 14:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Do you think they are 'fixing' bows by putting enough usable true shot in sets so you can more likely sit at range?

The 33 Archery on the hands with bounty shot, store tp, and DT seems like a waste for now without PDL or Crit. Still a lot of ranged acc/atk, but nothing else to push it up. Easy to see it as a general archery TP piece when it's +3.

SE's definitely doing whatever they can easily to encourage us to stop swingin', and more pewpew'ing^^ RNG can now very easily get up to a 40% True Shot in a midshot set without much adjustment (non-doubleshot):

7% naturally
8% in gifts
9% Ikenga Clogs r25 (7% for r20)
6% Amini Brague +2
5% Tellen Belt (natural, not from augs)
5% Nisroch Jerkin

Obviously during Doubleshot time, some of those things are going to change dramatically, but Oshosi Trousers+1 have 5% (just 1% less than the empy+2 legs), so would lose about 15% with natural switches of body/feet/legs to Relic+3/Su3 gear in those sets.

I'm not saying its a fix, but all the +dmg tools we have at our disposal stacking I think is what makes it very intriguing. The fact that our Hover Stacks, True Shot, and Empyrean bonuses all stack certainly assist in our dps....but I still view all this as betterment for times we already were shooting, not justification to shoot instead of melee for TP gain if that remains an option.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-21 14:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see myself doing hands and legs while using Gandiva to fish for dumb high numbers. I just need it to not be an obvious dps loss vs alternatives. Doing more than 3/5 on the set bonus I'm having a hard time justifying before even looking at real math.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-21 16:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Someone mind posting their Annihilator-Barrage set?
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-08-21 23:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD and RNG combined at last...Hello FF14
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-08-21 23:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone mind posting their Annihilator-Barrage set?
ItemSet 386281
Something like this,
Enervating Earring until Amini
[+]
By Nehot 2022-08-22 01:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Amini Glovelettes +2

I havnt seen anyone post about this yet and I know that anyone that is a non-thf main can only get up to TH4, but this..... this changes things.
By SimonSes 2022-08-22 04:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Do you think they are 'fixing' bows by putting enough usable true shot in sets so you can more likely sit at range?

The 33 Archery on the hands with bounty shot, store tp, and DT seems like a waste for now without PDL or Crit. Still a lot of ranged acc/atk, but nothing else to push it up. Easy to see it as a general archery TP piece when it's +3.

SE's definitely doing whatever they can easily to encourage us to stop swingin', and more pewpew'ing^^ RNG can now very easily get up to a 40% True Shot in a midshot set without much adjustment (non-doubleshot):

7% naturally
8% in gifts
9% Ikenga Clogs r25 (7% for r20)
6% Amini Brague +2
5% Tellen Belt (natural, not from augs)
5% Nisroch Jerkin

Obviously during Doubleshot time, some of those things are going to change dramatically, but Oshosi Trousers+1 have 5% (just 1% less than the empy+2 legs), so would lose about 15% with natural switches of body/feet/legs to Relic+3/Su3 gear in those sets.

I'm not saying its a fix, but all the +dmg tools we have at our disposal stacking I think is what makes it very intriguing. The fact that our Hover Stacks, True Shot, and Empyrean bonuses all stack certainly assist in our dps....but I still view all this as betterment for times we already were shooting, not justification to shoot instead of melee for TP gain if that remains an option.

According to sheet I have made for white damage for ranged attacks, Gandiva in True Shot range has 10% more damage on avg than Arma without True Shot. This drops to 5% during Double Shot. This assume capped attack and sets focused on white damage, not necessarily at best overall DPS. I have no idea which WS would hit harder now too, since I haven't checked Last Stand and Jishnu in a long time. I might try to do it later.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-22 11:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nehot said: »
Amini Glovelettes +2

I havnt seen anyone post about this yet and I know that anyone that is a non-thf main can only get up to TH4, but this..... this changes things.

I saw the BS+3 on the day of the update and wondered if this allowed you to push TH higher. Good to know.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-22 11:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bounty Shot has always functioned differently than melee TH+ gear.

1. you can step up a THF's TH beyond 9. If say a THF procs TH10, then you bounty shot, you can land a TH11 for example.

2. it will climb beyond TH4 on its own, since it also self-stacks. You can land a TH4 Bounty Shot, then land another for TH5 and beyond.
[+]
By Nehot 2022-08-22 11:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bounty Shot has always functioned differently than melee TH+ gear.

1. you can step up a THF's TH beyond 9. If say a THF procs TH10, then you bounty shot, you can land a TH11 for example.

2. it will climb beyond TH4 on its own, since it also self-stacks. You can land a TH4 Bounty Shot, then land another for TH5 and beyond.

Ive never been able to go beyond TH4 on my ranger, I will do some more testing but my hopes are not very high
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-08-22 11:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It is little bit difficult stacking up the Bounty Shots. From my experience, breaking Camouflage with Bounty Shot lands a lot easier
[+]
By Weeew 2022-08-22 11:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »
It is little bit difficult stacking up the Bounty Shots. From my experience, breaking Camouflage with Bounty Shot lands a lot easier

TH 5 and 6 was always pretty easy to build up to with bounty shot... it got much harder 7+
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-22 14:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely, upgrading TH to 5~6 with Bounty Shot isn't very difficult. You can even get a proc up using Bounty Shot as the very first action on a mob. I tested this ages ago: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/102/#3244722

1) Empy +2 hands should be tested to see if they make Bounty Shot always give TH5 (TH2 from JA natively, plus additional TH3 from hands). Amini +1 hands give no advantage over wearing TH+2 from any other gear sources (e.g., Herculean augs, Chaac Belt, Volte gear), and in fact are worse than TH+2 Herculean Gloves because "Treasure Hunter" from gear appears to be applied first before the game checks for TH upgrade proc from Bounty (so if you have TH+4 or more in gear, Bounty can upgrade it to TH5 immediately).

2) I'm not sure whether stacking as much TH as possible will improve the rate at which TH-up procs occur (like a THF upgrading TH more effectively by having a bigger difference in the THF's TH+ value from traits/gear versus the TH currently on the mob). My past thinking was that it does not improve things, but because there is no downside in using all TH/Bounty gear you have (since it's immediately swapped back out), I see no reason not to include it all in my JA set. Currently, I do Bounty while wearing TH+8 in gear (TH+2 Herculean Vest/Hands/Feet, TH+1 Herc Helm, Chaac Belt).

But if Bounty Shot with Amini+2 hands still only applies TH4 (assuming no immediate proc), that would be pretty weird if having Bounty/TH level higher than the current amount on the mob DOESN'T increase proc-up rate. Because if having excess Bounty/TH gear doesn't matter, then there's absolutely no difference between Bounty Shot +2 (Amini +1 hands) and Bounty Shot +3 (Amini +2 hands).
[+]
By Nehot 2022-08-22 15:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Definitely, upgrading TH to 5~6 with Bounty Shot isn't very difficult. You can even get a proc up using Bounty Shot as the very first action on a mob. I tested this ages ago: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/102/#3244722

1) Empy +2 hands should be tested to see if they make Bounty Shot always give TH5 (TH2 from JA natively, plus additional TH3 from hands). Amini +1 hands give no advantage over wearing TH+2 from any other gear sources (e.g., Herculean augs, Chaac Belt, Volte gear), and in fact are worse than TH+2 Herculean Gloves because "Treasure Hunter" from gear appears to be applied first before the game checks for TH upgrade proc from Bounty (so if you have TH+4 or more in gear, Bounty can upgrade it to TH5 immediately).

2) I'm not sure whether stacking as much TH as possible will improve the rate at which TH-up procs occur (like a THF upgrading TH more effectively by having a bigger difference in the THF's TH+ value from traits/gear versus the TH currently on the mob). My past thinking was that it does not improve things, but because there is no downside in using all TH/Bounty gear you have (since it's immediately swapped back out), I see no reason not to include it all in my JA set. Currently, I do Bounty while wearing TH+8 in gear (TH+2 Herculean Vest/Hands/Feet, TH+1 Herc Helm, Chaac Belt).

But if Bounty Shot with Amini+2 hands still only applies TH4 (assuming no immediate proc), that would be pretty weird if having Bounty/TH level higher than the current amount on the mob DOESN'T increase proc-up rate. Because if having excess Bounty/TH gear doesn't matter, then there's absolutely no difference between Bounty Shot +2 (Amini +1 hands) and Bounty Shot +3 (Amini +2 hands).

the screenshot I posted where the mob gets TH5 is tagging an unclaimed mob with bounty shot (TH0-TH5)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-22 15:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

the screenshot I posted where the mob gets TH5 is tagging an unclaimed mob with bounty shot (TH0-TH5)

Wow- I'm sure I wasn't the only one who missed that screenie because the link was just titled by the gear piece and I assumed it was just a bgwiki link to the piece! Thanks for posting, and I might consider changing the name of the link to reference that proc.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-22 19:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I ever got to TH 9 was when myself and another RNG got really bored on a very bad run on an Omen boss.

My understanding before this piece came out was that RNG was capped at TH4 like everyone else and the difference between your current TH gear (capped at 4) and TH on the mob affected how easily your Bounty Shot increased your TH. TH5+ was always a result of bounty shot managing to upgrade based off your TH4 gear.

If there isn't a marked difference in this upgrade then they will settle at Bounty Shot +4 and you won't need other TH pieces to get the current max potency. Really dumb because you won't get that inventory back because you'll still want it for all the other jobs that use it that aren't RNG.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-23 01:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow- I'm sure I wasn't the only one who missed that screenie because the link was just titled by the gear piece and I assumed it was just a bgwiki link to the piece! Thanks for posting, and I might consider changing the name of the link to reference that proc.

Heh, I made the exact same assumption. TY for posting the screen shot, Nehot.

I assume that, based on my previous testing with Amini+1, it's probably not possible to get TH6 on the mob as soon as the initial Bounty Shot. If anyone can show that it IS true that TH6 can happen on the initial Bounty action, that would be interesting. More likely to me is that TH4 is all RNG can apply from TH gear, and then Bounty can increase that to TH5+. And now, the base Bounty Shot value with +2 hands means you start at TH5.

My understanding before this piece came out was that RNG was capped at TH4 like everyone else and the difference between your current TH gear (capped at 4) and TH on the mob affected how easily your Bounty Shot increased your TH. TH5+ was always a result of bounty shot managing to upgrade based off your TH4 gear.

Pretty much, except that I've seen no good evidence/testing to give us any confidence that the gap between TH gear and TH on the mob matters for Bounty like it does for THF. Might be the case, but may be equally likely that Bounty Shot procs are just their own thing with a % chance of upgrading every time you use the JA - unaffected by TH gear in excess of the TH on the mob.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-23 10:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly the secret to super high TH procs on Bounty Shot is to accidentally shoot your Hauksbok Arrow while using Bounty Shot.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-23 15:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
According to sheet I have made for white damage for ranged attacks, Gandiva in True Shot range has 10% more damage on avg than Arma without True Shot. This drops to 5% during Double Shot. This assume capped attack and sets focused on white damage, not necessarily at best overall DPS. I have no idea which WS would hit harder now too, since I haven't checked Last Stand and Jishnu in a long time. I might try to do it later.

Follow up on this if you hunt for stupid high shot number
25 hover, crit, AM3 proc, Aminii proc, capped attack, second shot of Double shot, True Shot range should be able to do:
- 90k+ with Gandiva
- 105k+ (capped to 99k) with Armageddon
Both should be easily capped at 99k on something that is piercing weak.
[+]
By Weeew 2022-08-23 15:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Follow up on this if you hunt for stupid high shot number
25 hover, crit, AM3 proc, Aminii proc, capped attack, second shot of Double shot, True Shot range should be able to do:
- 90k+ with Gandiva
- 105k+ (capped to 99k) with Armageddon
Both should be easily capped at 99k on something that is piercing weak.

I would say weapon delay should factor in but Hover shot movement kind of defines your next shot these days...
By SimonSes 2022-08-23 15:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually nevermind. Both can do 99k easily. I forgot to switch feet to Ikenga, which are worse for DPS, but much better for higher damage per shot.

Full set is
Code
Oneiros Knife
Nusku Shield
Armageddon
Chrono bullet
Oshosi Mask +1
Scout's +2 neck
Amini +2 earring
Odr
Arcadian +3
Amini hands +2
Sroda
Begrudging
Belenus AGI CRIT
Tellen Belt
Amini bragues +2
Ikenga's Clogs R25
By SimonSes 2022-08-23 15:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
I would say weapon delay should factor in but Hover shot movement kind of defines your next shot these days...

For DPS sure, Im talking strictly about going for highest crit for fun here.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-23 15:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The NQ Amini earring that I have does not give ranged accuracy...

regular accuracy +9 and magic accuracy is listed in augs and that's all it is.

:)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-23 16:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »

For DPS sure, Im talking strictly about going for highest crit for fun here.

BOW TO THE ePEEN SCREENIE OF ALL SCREENIES!!
[+]
By ksoze 2022-08-23 17:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to upgrade my rng gear and would love to see some emp+2 updated sets.

Anyone have them in their profile?
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-08-23 17:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually nevermind. Both can do 99k easily. I forgot to switch feet to Ikenga, which are worse for DPS, but much better for higher damage per shot.

Full set is
Code
Oneiros Knife
Nusku Shield
Armageddon
Chrono bullet
Oshosi Mask +1
Scout's +2 neck
Amini +2 earring
Odr
Arcadian +3
Amini hands +2
Sroda
Begrudging
Belenus AGI CRIT
Tellen Belt
Amini bragues +2
Ikenga's Clogs R25

Which mob did you test this on?
By SimonSes 2022-08-23 18:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Full set is
Code
Oneiros Knife
Nusku Shield
Armageddon
Chrono bullet
Oshosi Mask +1
Scout's +2 neck
Amini +2 earring
Odr
Arcadian +3
Amini hands +2
Sroda
Begrudging
Belenus AGI CRIT
Tellen Belt
Amini bragues +2
Ikenga's Clogs R25

None, it's simply theorized max damage. I don't have Empy +2 at all. I was on vacation since Sortie day 1. I'm also not doing RNG first, so I wont be checking this anytime soon. It's really tedious to make that happen anyway. You need:

attack cap with pdl from set - buffs
crit - Can get that to 100% with buffs I guess
25 hover stacks - So need some mob with high hp like at least Apex something, to build 25 stacks even with some lv 1 ammo
Empy AM proc - 50%
Rapid shot - Can go for 99% I guess
set proc - 2%
Double shot proc - 71%
no proc on triple shot - 50%

0.3% chance for that to happen if you push crit rate to 100% and use sharpshot and if you wont make it in like 2-3 rounds, then your mob will probably die and you will need to build 25 hover stacks again on the new one.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-08-24 18:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Full set is
Code
Oneiros Knife
Nusku Shield
Armageddon
Chrono bullet
Oshosi Mask +1
Scout's +2 neck
Amini +2 earring
Odr
Arcadian +3
Amini hands +2
Sroda
Begrudging
Belenus AGI CRIT
Tellen Belt
Amini bragues +2
Ikenga's Clogs R25

None, it's simply theorized max damage. I don't have Empy +2 at all. I was on vacation since Sortie day 1. I'm also not doing RNG first, so I wont be checking this anytime soon. It's really tedious to make that happen anyway. You need:

attack cap with pdl from set - buffs
crit - Can get that to 100% with buffs I guess
25 hover stacks - So need some mob with high hp like at least Apex something, to build 25 stacks even with some lv 1 ammo
Empy AM proc - 50%
Rapid shot - Can go for 99% I guess
set proc - 2%
Double shot proc - 71%
no proc on triple shot - 50%

0.3% chance for that to happen if you push crit rate to 100% and use sharpshot and if you wont make it in like 2-3 rounds, then your mob will probably die and you will need to build 25 hover stacks again on the new one.
How far off is Ikenga hands R25 in this situation vs Amini hands +2? If we use Ikenga hands, do we still need the PDL from Sroda?
By SimonSes 2022-08-25 01:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How far off is Ikenga hands R25 in this situation vs Amini hands +2? If we use Ikenga hands, do we still need the PDL from Sroda?

Ikenga are generally better, but this set was made specifically to include Amini set bonus and for that you need at least 2 pieces.
[+]
By kunami 2022-08-25 12:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Immortalknightx said: »
@kunami do you update the main first post ever or just add them in responses? just asking as a person who keeps your post saved for over often comparison to what I'm doing

I do update the main node when I have time but due to IRL circumstances I have had to leave FFXI. Usually when someone makes a helpful post that summarizes changes and stuff it makes it easier for me to set aside a little time to tweak stuff. It's probably getting time to put Ikenga or w/e that new set is in, along with the new empy gear.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 97 98 99