Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-21 16:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bynebill said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I get that empys cost money

Honestly more about the annoyance of NM camping than anything, not against making it just other priorities atm.

Oh that totally makes sense. I worked on all the NMs for all the empys I ever considered making years ago when I was bored and waiting around for event time. I've never made one on a schedule. I'm sure Asura is lovely for that. My condolences
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-21 16:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

-- Annihilator Sets --
sets.Midshot.Annihilator={
range="Annihilator",
ammo="Chrono Bullet",
head="Arcadian Beret +3",
neck="Scout's Gorget +2",
ear1="Dedition Earring",
ear2="Telos Earring",
body="Ikenga's Vest",
hands="Ikenga's Gloves",
left_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
right_ring="Crepuscular Ring",
legs="Malignance Tights",
feet="Malignance Boots",
back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','"Store TP"+10','Damage taken-5%',}},waist="Yemaya Belt",}

sets.Midshot.Annihilator.LowACC = sets.Midshot.Annihilator

sets.Midshot.Annihilator.HighACC = set_combine(sets.Midshot.Annihilator,{left_ear="Crep. Earring "})

sets.Midshot.Annihilator.Aftermath = set_combine(sets.Midshot.Annihilator,{
body="Nisroch Jerkin",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Begrudging Ring",
waist="K. Kachina Belt +1",
ear1="Odr Earring",
legs="Ikenga's Trousers",
feet="Osh. Leggings +1",
back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','Crit.hit rate+10','Damage taken-5%',}},})

Current Annihilator midshot sets I'm running, which is the weapon I opt for on v15 Arebati. Will include my Arma aftermath set as well, though I personally enjoy the safety of Anni more.

sets.Midshot.Armageddon.Aftermath = {head="Meghanada Visor +2",neck="Scout's Gorget +2",ear1="Odr Earring",ear2="Telos Earring",body="Nisroch Jerkin",hands="Ikenga's Gloves",right_ring="Begrudging Ring",left_ring="Regal Ring",back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','Crit.hit rate+10','Damage taken-5%',}},waist="K. Kachina Belt +1",legs="Darraigner's Brais",feet="Osh. Leggings +1"}

Annihilator "aftermath" set still allows for some excess STP in the set, whereas the Arma set is 100% built for White Damage.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadida
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2022-06-28 08:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm coming back to RNG after 8 years of being away from the game. This guide looks great, but is it up-to-date? I just want someone who knows what they're looking at to confirm before I start pursuing all the stuff that I need to catch up on.

Also if anybody has advice about where to focus first, that would be much appreciated! I upgraded my Annihilator to ilvl 119 stage 1, but apart from that and some +1 bayld gear to get ilvl 119, I'm way behind. :)
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-28 09:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide doesn't include odyssey gear and empyrean +2 is probably around the corner so things can change drastically.

BUT everything that is in there is good for getting you to Odyssey and is very good as of this month.

I casually play RNG when it's appropriate or when it's fun. I generally only focus on Gastra and Gandiva setups because that's usually the only time I'll bring my RNG. I'm sure others on this thread can be significantly more enlightening if you are attempting to play RNG as your main focus.

If you can start taking down domain dragons for the 100 points daily, you will be able to get a lot of gear out of Zurim in Norg to try to catch up faster. Ambuscade, Deeds, and Records of Eminence are all good for acquiring higher level gear more quicker than going through the regular gearing progression.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadida
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2022-06-28 10:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen others suggest Domain Invasions - is that something I can handle solo with Trust?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-28 10:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Very much so, to accumulate points you don't even really have to participate. Just be there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2022-07-22 14:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@kunami do you update the main first post ever or just add them in responses? just asking as a person who keeps your post saved for over often comparison to what I'm doing
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-07-27 14:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa, I was out on vacation for a lot of July and seem to have missed a little long overdue nugget from the devs!

From Funkworkz recap of the dev stream:
Quote:
Rema ammo belts

Countermeasures putting in place in August if you throw away Rema ammo belts
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-29 05:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed Namas and Coronach have listed VE/CE values. I guess that makes sense for Coronach, but what about Namas? I assume they also create enmity based off their damage done or are they both very different from all the other WSs in the game?

Was/Is Namas a hate tool for SAM with a +enmity set?
By Nariont 2022-07-29 06:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They are fixed hate WS', theyre meant to pull low levels of hate regardless of damage done, though coronach takes the easy lead with both its lower values and a -enmity aftermath to boot
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-07-30 22:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Was/Is Namas a hate tool for SAM with a +enmity set?

So because namas arrow ignores damage done for CE/VE it will always give less enmity than any other weaponskill that does decent damage. I've used namas arrow at the beginning of ou to push unfaltering bravado on a pup tank, that's what I use it for mostly. Can do 99k Namas and never pull the boss off a tank. Same with coronach vs Kyou, just let 2 pups keep throwing automatons at the boss and throw coronach/namas arrow over and over. RNG builds up enmity over time due to ranged attacks building enmity faster than Sam ranged attacks(also rng vs Kyou is an entire fight, Sam namas is only the first 25% of ou)

Edit: *NOTE* While coronach and namas arrow have flat enmity values, skillchain resulting from these weapon skills give full enmity based on SC damage. Make sure you don't skillchain if you're using these weaponskills for their low enmity return.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2022-07-31 14:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to add that, ideally, a Ranger should be dumping enmity on the Automaton's Master (or a tank in a normal situation) by way of Decoy Shot. when this is feasible, it's much easier to keep a boss situated, and reduces any threat of SC damage becoming a spoiler when using Namas/Coro.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-07-31 19:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
I just want to add that, ideally, a Ranger should be dumping enmity on the Automaton's Master (or a tank in a normal situation) by way of Decoy Shot. when this is feasible, it's much easier to keep a boss situated, and reduces any threat of SC damage becoming a spoiler when using Namas/Coro.

The fact that decoy shot negates hover shot I'm firmly against this.

The benefit of hover shot paired with coronach and namas is that you can keep damage high with a single dd making low man omen much easier for most of the bosses. (especially given that creating a relic weapon is the lowest possible cost for a winning situation.)

Also keeping the PUP in an outside party relieves the stress of meteor for Kyou, bringing them close to be able to decoy onto them puts them in more danger than is reasonable, to me. The whole point of the strategy I was saying is hover+coro/namas with a pup tank is until the final 20% or so you should have the boss locked in place wasting all of their special abilities. Beyond that the kills are pretty clean and effective and can be replicated on all bosses save for kei which requires multistepping.

Decoy shot+skillchain damage would never keep up with hover shot and no skillchain. And again, decoy would do nothing about the skill chain damage which would rip bosses off of pups, the ranged attack enmity becomes a problem in longer protracted fights but if you're skill chaining you'll always pull off the puppet sooner than later.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-01 04:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be interesting conversation, because decoy would let you use white damage Armageddon build and without ja0wait hover adds less damage than it should, because of time that takes to move. Discussion is moot tho, because afaik you can't decoy shot Automaton.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-01 06:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You decoy the PUP and if it overtakes the Auto then they swap hate. If you have points in Ventriloquy, then the PUP probably won't be getting it back from that Auto. Either way it's a 1 minute cooldown.

I use decoy for the wave 1 statue to put white damage on a trust tank for like 2 minutes with AM up. Then I switch to Hover with Gastra and have a friend open fusion or gravitation for me. We usually pull in the last 10% instead of 40%~. I know there are other ways to trio those fights, but if no one wants to bring a tank for neck exp then it's a nice tool to use.
By Vaerix 2022-08-01 19:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
It would be interesting conversation, because decoy would let you use white damage Armageddon build and without ja0wait hover adds less damage than it should, because of time that takes to move. Discussion is moot tho, because afaik you can't decoy shot Automaton.

How does hover add less damage than it should? In terms of dps I understand because you're adding a second every ranged attack, but double damage weaponskills on set enmity weaponskills is pretty insane.

When I'm using ranger in omen, it's never a time crunch with hover because the damage is there, is the dps loss really even that noticeable because of moving? At 25 stacks you're essentially double damage, with the exception of crossbow I don't think anyone is clearing more than 1 ra/ws per 1-2 seconds are they?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-01 19:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

if you aren't using ja0, it's like 3-4 seconds in between shots because you're locked in place.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-01 20:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
The fact that decoy shot negates hover shot I'm firmly against this.

You wouldn't believe how many times someone has told me to Hover/Decoy the GEO during Arebati, completely unaware that they cancel each other out.
[+]
By quadramet 2022-08-01 22:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for comparison sakes, what are you getting on your crits with that Armageddon set? I have the same set minus jerkin and the +1 belt and I am feeling like my numbers on V15 Arebati are low.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-01 22:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

quadramet said: »
Just for comparison sakes, what are you getting on your crits with that Armageddon set? I have the same set minus jerkin and the +1 belt and I am feeling like my numbers on V15 Arebati are low.

Both pieces you mention (Nisroch Jerkin and Kwahu Kachina Belt +1) only give crit rate, zero effect on damage outside of if you're using a Mummu Body, the extra ranged attack on Nisroch. Arebati is definitely not a fight where the True Shot on Nisroch will have any effect while using a gun.

If your damage feels low, and your set is as you mention, its almost certainly a question of the buffs you are getting. Just a heads up- I have yet to meet a 2100JP RNG, let alone one with Master Levels, who needs a single +Ranged Accuracy buff or food for Arebati v20. If your current buff array is including unneccesary things like a Prelude or Hunter's Roll, replace them with things that will boost damage.

(I use Annihilator on Arebati myself, but when I've used Armageddon I see doubleshot-down crits that cap around 12k per shot, and during double that drops to around 10k per shot for cap. Also keep in mind that with a COR properly using Random Deal/Wild Card to keep the RNG at its best, you may only be shooting without Doubleshot up 10% of the time? And if your sets are like mine, that means a lot less +crit/ranged attack/PDL in the Doubleshot set than in a typical AM3 set.)
By SimonSes 2022-08-02 04:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my highest Double shot was just below 50k on V19,
Vaerix said: »
SimonSes said: »

How does hover add less damage than it should? In terms of dps I understand because you're adding a second every ranged attack, but double damage weaponskills on set enmity weaponskills is pretty insane.

When I'm using ranger in omen, it's never a time crunch with hover because the damage is there, is the dps loss really even that noticeable because of moving? At 25 stacks you're essentially double damage, with the exception of crossbow I don't think anyone is clearing more than 1 ra/ws per 1-2 seconds are they?

By less damage I mean it's not 100% more like it is with ja0wait. It's still a lot, especially with double shot and if you know the trick to make it even more efficient. Still its hard to estimate how much increase it actually is.

Shooting delay is very random because of Rapid shot, but let's say on avg it's around 1.77sec per shot with Arma (assuming standard preshot set). WS is 2sec. So let's say you add even 1.5 sec to move between shot per cycle. That's almost 40% slower, so that would mean your DPS is only 43% higher at 25 stacks despite damage per shot/WS being 100% higher. This also means that before you make at least 10 stacks, your damage is actually lower.

If you do it optimally and you proc double shot with enough stp you can limit moving time to once per 2WS, which would push increased DPS to +70% at 25 stacks.

Keep in mind I'm assuming perfect timing here. If you get smallest lag and end up with shot being interrupted, then you will probably end up with decreased DPS in that cycle.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-03 21:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone mind posting their Annihilator-Barrage set?
By Tathamet 2022-08-08 15:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 373547

Taking a look at the Kraken Club TP set from the guide, would swapping Dedition Earring for Crepuscular Earring be a bigger benefit in content that mattered? Or does 3 STP make that much of a difference over 20 net accuracy? I would think accuracy reigns supreme with the lower club skill and non-ilevel-ness of it all.
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-08 18:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Would use Crep over Odr. But of course if you need more accuracy use more accuracy gear.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-08-08 18:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Would use Crep over Odr. But of course if you need more accuracy use more accuracy gear.

If you still need to swap more Store TP for extra accuracy, the augmented Dominance Earring +1 (DEX +10, Accuracy +11~15, "Resist Stun" +11) is also a good option. It may be a faster option while you work toward an Odr Earring if your server sucks like Valefor (we just lost to Mireu again at some point), and they pair well for a max accuracy build.

Edit: included augmented stats for Domin. Earring +1
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-16 17:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Empy head's Double Shot Enm- exceed the normal Enm-50 gear cap? Even the level 109 NQ Amini piece has D.Shot Enm-52, with the +1/+2 pieces each increasing it by two more points.

I have assumed it just means you could manage having other enm+ pieces in your set (in which case, kinda hard to see a justification for using it since it's likely better to cap enm- with different sets like adding some Ikenga gear). But that's just such a weird piece and stat amount that it makes me wonder a bit.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-08-17 13:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Does Empy head's Double Shot Enm- exceed the normal Enm-50 gear cap? Even the level 109 NQ Amini piece has D.Shot Enm-52, with the +1/+2 pieces each increasing it by two more points.

I have assumed it just means you could manage having other enm+ pieces in your set (in which case, kinda hard to see a justification for using it since it's likely better to cap enm- with different sets like adding some Ikenga gear). But that's just such a weird piece and stat amount that it makes me wonder a bit.

It has been bothering me as well why would the devs increase that value if it’s over the cap already.
With Hover Shot, enmity has become even less of an issue for ranger. Camouflage typically gets combined with Double Shot phase which makes ranger even more undetectable. For instances where you absolutely need that extra reduced enmity like in Black and White, this can be useful. In emergency situations where you have tons of enmity and the mob keeps turning at you, going into Double Shot phase with this head piece will also be helpful. The range attack on the head piece is very nice and its only +2 stage. Damage taken -10% is fantastic for the exact situations mentioned above.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-17 13:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's like they also mentioned, going over the cap means you can use enmity+ freely.

Whether or not there is gear and/or if that's really a concern or not doesn't matter.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-21 13:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think they are 'fixing' bows by putting enough usable true shot in sets so you can more likely sit at range?

The 33 Archery on the hands with bounty shot, store tp, and DT seems like a waste for now without PDL or Crit. Still a lot of ranged acc/atk, but nothing else to push it up. Easy to see it as a general archery TP piece when it's +3.
By Nariont 2022-08-21 13:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They've been doing that for a long time, and its still I guess the niche you can use bows for, but it doesnt help the fact that bows lack the flexibility marksmanship has, along with not being that far ahead of it either, until that's somehow addressed itll always primarily be for jishnu's fun until you pull hate and die from it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 97 98 99