Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 97 98 99
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-21 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done Schah a number of ways. RNG/COR method to me is the most fun honestly. It's not often that ranged damage gets to carry the day.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-21 12:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I've done Schah a number of ways. RNG/COR method to me is the most fun honestly. It's not often that ranged damage gets to carry the day.

just forewarn everyone else not to stumble over the piles of spent shells post fight^^
[+]
 Phoenix.Turtlevax
Server: Phoenix
user: Turtlewax
By Phoenix.Turtlevax 2021-09-21 13:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Always remember to Scavenge to pick up your used ammo after the fight, it's important to leave nature as you found it :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-21 13:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

oh- btw, try out /DRG for this fight for both the RNGs and CORs. Definitely no real need to dual wield or have shadows, so might as well get that tasty +WSD that subbing dragoon gives. It'll outweigh even offhand Ternion+1 fully augmented, and if you ever pull hate you have Jumps.
By Spookyfish89 2021-09-21 13:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Will have to give that a shot in our next planned run. We usually throw a PUP on Schah after PLD or RUN pops and melee zerg, PUP holds mantri at the end. I love using my Anni :D
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-21 14:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Spookyfish89 said: »
Will have to give that a shot in our next planned run. We usually throw a PUP on Schah after PLD or RUN pops and melee zerg, PUP holds mantri at the end. I love using my Anni :D

These days, there really isn't much that "needs" one, and only one, setup. So my take is allow your groups to have fun, even if it takes an extra 8 minutes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-09-21 14:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
oh- btw, try out /DRG for this fight for both the RNGs and CORs. Definitely no real need to dual wield or have shadows, so might as well get that tasty +WSD that subbing dragoon gives. It'll outweigh even offhand Ternion+1 fully augmented, and if you ever pull hate you have Jumps.

I sub dnc in these fights for the additional skillchain bouns damage and off hand ternion, I think the skillchain bonus outweights the 2% on first hit and 7% on second hits.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-21 15:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The /DRG WS bonus is noticeably larger than that, since it's multiplicative with normal WSDMG.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-09-22 00:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
The /DRG WS bonus is noticeably larger than that, since it's multiplicative with normal WSDMG.
good point!
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-09-27 19:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I know MAB is like 3-4 for 1 WSD depending on set. But does AGI work the same way? Or will AGI always be better? Comparing say Meg gloves to nyame. Nyame has 1 more WSD but Meg has 7 more AGI.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-27 22:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the WS. The general idea on ws with 80 to 100% mod is 4-5 stat roughly equals 1 wsd
By Vaerix 2021-09-28 01:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
I know MAB is like 3-4 for 1 WSD depending on set. But does AGI work the same way? Or will AGI always be better? Comparing say Meg gloves to nyame. Nyame has 1 more WSD but Meg has 7 more AGI.

Nyame also picks up 30 MAB vs Meg Gloves, so that 7 agi would only really be applicable to physical ws's, where nyame also picks up another 10 or so RATT, so I think it's fairly safe for Meg gloves to be replaced by r20 nyame.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-10-02 10:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

For Last Stand, Nyame also have lower STR, so that makes a difference as well

Meghanda should still be a little better, but if you really want that inventory space then you do you
By Katyl 2021-10-02 11:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I know in current meta skillchains tend to fall by the wayside due to the sheer amount of WS we can dish out, but often in situations I find Last Stand optimal are ones that still allow enough window to actually make skillchains so Nyame's 5 SC damage isn't a complete hypothetical.

Generally situations that require a pure ranged setup or even in Sheol C I tend to like Last Stand with Fomal on piercing weak enemies I can take advantage of LS's excellent properties.
By Vaerix 2021-10-02 16:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
For Last Stand, Nyame also have lower STR, so that makes a difference as well

Meghanda should still be a little better, but if you really want that inventory space then you do you

3 attack for 4 Str. Even if we say you gain 6 attack from the Str difference, you're still 7 attack under r20 nyame, so the Str point is kind of moot. Even for Savage blade you gain 6 MND and lose 6 Str with nyame over Meg gloves. The real difference where something is applicable is 7 agi vs 1 WSD because the weapon skill has agi WSC.

Over all you're gaining attack, losing accuracy, gaining 1 WSD and losing 7 agi, which should be a minor if negligible difference.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2021-10-02 16:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I specifically said Last Stand, lol
By Vaerix 2021-10-02 16:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Str is applicable for fSTR calculation but again we're talking about 6 Str, idk how much that is truly going to offset or magnify damage except in situations where the breakpoint is favorable.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2021-10-02 18:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The 7 agi alone is enough to beat 1 wsd, the str is just an extra consideration.
By Vaerix 2021-10-03 01:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
The 7 agi alone is enough to beat 1 wsd, the str is just an extra consideration.

Barely. 4-5 agi = 1wsd so let's say 4, you now have 1.75 wsd vs 1 WSD, 7 attack (accounting for Str difference), 5 skillchain damage which applies because of foma LS > LS > Light, on an all jobs piece of gear. The amount of use for last stand and the buff requirement screams this has been replaced as soon as you r20 nyame just for inv +1.
By SimonSes 2021-10-03 05:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This rule that 1WSD is 4-5 stat is big generalization. First of all guns have way higher base damage (450+ on just gun+ammo) than for example dagger. This alone change things quite a lot. Then diminishing returns of WSD on some jobs/builds is way higher than other and on some jobs/builds it's actually lower now with PDL gear from Odyssey being an option now. Lastly, specifically for Last Stand, it's 2 hit WS with transferred fTP, so WSD is half effective on it and that general rule of 4-5 stat is equal 1 WSD is based on 80%WSC 1HIT WSs. So please stop using it for everything, because it's just far from being accurate in many cases.
[+]
 Siren.Hillclimb
user: Hillclimb
By Siren.Hillclimb 2021-10-03 09:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a updated Last Stand set with a healthy amount of WSD/PDL?

More or less, I have af/relic head and legs, ikenga body below 2000TP/nyame above. Nyame gloves/ikenga feet. Accessories and everything else standard to LS
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-03 11:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was bored, so I made a WSDMG vs Attribute comparison calculator in Excel just now. It's not completely perfect, but it's quite close.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bpxwo2a2VIsDMigwTIEsjpPFaSuXLrTMdDrz_Lcf1tU/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not too familiar with google sheets, so hopefully people are able to download it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-07 20:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Last stand and Apex set will be really close. Keep in mind for Apex extra TP boost Defense ignored not fTP and Apex is only one hit.

Namas is STR/AGI mod while Coronach is DEX/AGI

With that said and looking OP sets the sets would be just about the same.
By Kikomizuhara 2021-10-17 11:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Had fun using rng on Vinipata yesterday ^^

I need to hurry up and finish arma to try wildfiring Albumen.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-10-18 20:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Was there ever a discussion of Gandiva vs TP bonus gun for Eviseration?

I just came back from a break and i didn't find anything in a quick search. I assume the punch line will be that Savage Blade is still better, but I'd rather ask in case anyone knows. I haven't built a Tauret or acquired Gleti's Knife, but it's always nice to have extra motivation.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-19 01:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What are people using these days for no flurry preshot sets (particularly non-Gastra)? I'm finding not having flurry is more of a thing I run into these days, thanks to nobody in Sheol Gaol being able to /RDM...

In particular... I use Empy body for Flurry 1 or 2 sets, but still had Oshosi +1 in the following Flurry 0 set:
ItemSet 353498
+Crepuscular Ring (Snapshot+3, still not in FFXIAH)

That makes Snapshot +69 (w/ 10 from merits) and Rapid+47. I'm fine with snap being 1 under cap in exchange for being able to use an additional Rapid Shot piece (head or belt, especially since I can finally get rid of inv+1 from Impulse Belt... actually started thinking about this over the weekend when cleaning up inventory and muling some old stuff).

But is there a good way to fit Empy body in here? For instance, worth swapping head/waist for Taeon head/Impulse belt for a set with Snap+68 Rapid+24 and Empy body?

TBH, I hope Empy reforge eliminates this problem (give us some snapshot on body!), but until then...
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-10-19 02:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
head		=	TaeonHead.Snap,         --10
body		=	EMPY.Body,	
hands		=	"Carmine Fin. Ga. +1",          --8
legs		=	AF.Legs,                        --15
feet		=	"Meg. Jam. +2",                 --10
neck		=	"Scout's Gorget +2",            --4
waist		=	"Yemaya Belt",			
right_ring	=	"Crepuscular Ring",             --3
back		=	RNGCape.Snap,                   --10

This is my no flurry set when not using gastra or perun
I always prioritize snapshot and velocity shot over rapid shot because of rapid shot's random nature making it very difficult to consistently take advantage of and even harder when hovering.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 97 98 99