First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 97 98 99
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-22 12:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Sylph.Chocobro said: »
Can you accidentally shoot the WSD arrow? Need to know if I have to start making some fail-safes for it or not.

yes.

You can even shoot it 3 times if you're a real derp. Oh, and a kinda important thing.....you can shoot it with Bounty Shot.

Y'all can save the "just put a rule" argument in- I know I can. At this point its almost become a game when Cele goes into Savage mode- "Is it gonna blow it again??".

Just keep 1000 DI points around at all times in my book. Adds a lil' spice to RNG life.
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-02-22 12:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Recycle has saved me before, but it's only a matter of time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-22 12:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys need to just convert all your LUAs to selindriles and stop living in your 10 year old janky files.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-02-22 12:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I make both my melee tp and idle sets unequip ammo slots (use empty) when using savage blade build so if ranged equipment with safe ammo fails to load it just wont shoot, could use dummy ammo but then you risk running out at a bad time or using additional inventory. Could still lose ammo if multiple gear sets fail to equip in a row but I usually notice if my tp set hasn't loaded.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2021-02-22 13:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Can you accidentally shoot the WSD arrow? Need to know if I have to start making some fail-safes for it or not.

yes.
you can shoot it with Bounty Shot.

I too found that out the hard way.
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-02-22 14:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't stand selindril luas personally. My error was when I opened ws menu and hit flaming arrow instead of energy drain in omen or something. I can probably just add it to not use ammo for bow ws cause lolbows.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-22 14:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys need to just convert all your LUAs to selindriles and stop living in your 10 year old janky files.

His stuff is beautiful, I wont' deny it. Just a matter of personal preference. Some look at luas/xmls (depending on your choice of deviousness hehe) as integral parts of the game, and its simply unplayable without them. Others look at them as tools to enhance their experience within the game. I tried out Selindrile's work for about 2 weeks a while back- and for me and what I'm used to, it just felt like I wasn't playing that much any more vs viewing.

So yeah, again- MAJOR respect for his work and such. It just doesn't mesh with what I'm seeking when playing FFXI. Not a like/dislike thing, just a preference.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-22 15:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

His stuff is beautiful, I wont' deny it. Just a matter of personal preference. Some look at luas/xmls (depending on your choice of deviousness hehe) as integral parts of the game, and its simply unplayable without them. Others look at them as tools to enhance their experience within the game. I tried out Selindrile's work for about 2 weeks a while back- and for me and what I'm used to, it just felt like I wasn't playing that much any more vs viewing.

So yeah, again- MAJOR respect for his work and such. It just doesn't mesh with what I'm seeking when playing FFXI. Not a like/dislike thing, just a preference.

completely understand that ^
By SimonSes 2021-02-22 15:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You can completely turn off all auto functions tho. I use his luas and only thing I have automated is hybrid set equips when I get stunned/terrored.
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-22 15:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

You can completely turn off all auto functions tho. I use his luas and only thing I have automated is hybrid set equips when I get stunned/terrored.

fillerbunny9 said: »

yes.
you can shoot it with Bounty Shot.

I too found that out the hard way.
Also Shadow Bind c,c on my 3rd Ws Arrow now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-22 15:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not even delve into the fact that Bounty Shot and Shadowbind use ammo, but Quick Draw doesn't.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-02-25 23:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbf, quick draw does use its own special ammo, which at one point was inventory -8.
By Korgull 2021-02-27 02:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, i just leveled ranger to 99 and i tried to load Arislan's RNG lua, and i get this error everytime i try to shoot/cast something.

Quote:
...topWindower 4/addons/gearswap/data/Korgull-RNG.lua:1069: attempt to index field ´WeaponLock´ (a nil value)

I have no idea what this is about, since i didn't change anything but my name on the lua.

Anyone knows what may be going wrong? Thanks.
By Seun 2021-02-27 02:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't just change the name on a lua to your character and have it work correctly unless you have all of the same items/gear used by the creator. You'll likely spend a fair bit of time editing this file if you want it to work properly.

Open your lua file in an editor and check the line of code that the error points to. Check that entire line/function and make sure that it's not trying to call a piece of gear that doesn't exist(at least in your accessible inventory). That may be the issue.
By Korgull 2021-02-27 08:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well... thats what i pretty much did with all my other jobs with Arislan's luas and worked fine.

The function is pointing to is this:

Quote:
function job_aftercast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.english == "Shadowbind" then
send_command('@timers c "Shadowbind ['..spell.target.name..']" 42 down abilities/00122.png')
end
if player.status ~= 'Engaged' and state.WeaponLock.value == false then
check_weaponset()
end
end

Edit: I just disabled the "weaponlock" function and it works now.
By trinironnie 2021-02-27 22:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So i have a cor LUA that equips certain gear depending on what Flurry is on. Does anyone have a updated lua with the same? Or can I just copy paste this?
Code
if spell.action_type=="Ranged Attack" then
   if buffactive['Flurry'] then
       if state.flurrymode.value == 'FlurryII' then
           equip(sets.precast.RA.Flurry2)
		   --add_to_chat(122,"Flurry 2 Set: on")
       else
           equip(sets.precast.RA.Flurry)
		   --add_to_chat(122,"Flurry Set: on")
	   end
		else
       equip(sets.precast.RA)
		end
By Kikomizuhara 2021-02-28 00:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using selindriles which has the flurry options.
By trinironnie 2021-02-28 13:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I would use his/her stuff but I don’t think I’ll set it up right lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hatakekakashi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hatakekakashi 2021-02-28 15:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Any data on Ikenga's set yet?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-28 17:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »

This times 100000

I get people trying to tell me to use his luas. Like I’ve had all of the files for years, I just don’t want to use them. I like my gearswaps to swap my gear. Otherwise, I like to cast my spells when I want and weaponskill when I want. I do enjoy flurry detection functions and some other things.

Also, you can get people that use sel luas and try to tell people they are “doing everything manually”. I don’t care if you use them, just don’t think I’m dumb enough to not know how they work.

And for Trini, I think there are a few more spots for the flurry stuff you would need to copy. I took the flurry stuff from Arislan lua and added it to one of mine. It was a couple more sections, iirc. I can’t be more specific off the top of my head, sorry.

All of Sel's "auto" modes are toggled on. they are not on by default. You can 100% use his LUAs with your same exact hotkeys and keybinds that you use today. Literally can have ZERO change from your current gearswap experience; except coded alot better under the covers.

I don't use any of the additional auto modes, but what I do use. Works.

Your argument applies to the added functionality that he has programmed into his coding; but for the basics of gearswap it is all the same.

Even if it were just for rare/ex ammo alone. I've never dropped or accidentally thrown one and this is the keybind sets i use for ranger.

sets.weapons.Default = {main="Kraken Club",sub="Nusku Shield",range="Gastraphetes"}
sets.weapons.Gandiva = {main="Oneiros Knife",sub="Nusku Shield",range="Gandiva"}
sets.weapons.KrakenGandiva = {main="Perun +1",sub="Kraken Club",range="Gandiva"}
sets.weapons.Dolichenus = {main="Dolichenus",sub="Kraken Club",range="Sparrowhawk +2",ammo="Hauksbok Arrow"}
sets.weapons.Gastraphetes = {main="Tauret",sub="Malevolence",range="Gastraphetes"}
sets.weapons.KrakenGastraphetes = {main="Tauret",sub="Kraken Club",range="Gastraphetes"}
sets.weapons.Annihilator = {main="Perun +1",sub="Nusku Shield",range="Annihilator"}
sets.weapons.KrakenAnni = {main="Perun +1",sub="Kraken Club",range="Annihilator"}
sets.weapons.Fomalhaut = {main="Perun +1",sub="Nusku Shield",range="Fomalhaut"}
sets.weapons.KrakenFomalhaut = {main="Perun +1",sub="Kraken Club",range="Fomalhaut"}
sets.weapons.Armageddon = {main="Tauret",sub="Malevolence",range="Armageddon"}
sets.weapons.KrakenArmageddon = {main="Tauret",sub="Kraken Club",range="Armageddon"}
sets.weapons.KrakenSavage = {main="Naegling",sub="Kraken Club",range="Sparrowhawk +2",ammo="Hauksbok Arrow"}
sets.weapons.AeolianEdge = {main="Tauret",sub="Malevolence",range="Sparrowhawk +2",ammo="Hauksbok Arrow"}
sets.weapons.KrakenAeolianEdge = {main="Tauret",sub="Kraken Club",range="Sparrowhawk +2",ammo="Hauksbok Arrow"}
By SimonSes 2021-02-28 17:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, you can get people that use sel luas and try to tell people they are “doing everything manually”. I don’t care if you use them, just don’t think I’m dumb enough to not know how they work.

If you think you need to have everything automated and cant do everything manually with his lua, then you clearly dont know how they work.

EDIT: Sorry somehow it quoted wrong person
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-28 18:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

you 99% don't get how they work, ill give you 1%. You can be a programmer by trade, and you will not understand fully how they work without very in depth analysis. Half of it isn't even in the cheat sheet.
By Seun 2021-03-01 09:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the correct term would be 'ignorant'. I'm pretty sure it's the correct term to describe someone who lacks knowledge and/or understanding.

Functionality is inherent to windower/gearswap, it's only invoked by the author or editor's code.

I use Selindrile's luas and my character doesn't WS, use abilities or cast spells without input from me. It's like that because I opened the files, took the time to understand how they work and modified them to suit my play style.

You say you're not dumb and I'd like to extend you the benefit of the doubt, but you also said you've had the code for years. That seems like more than enough time to investigate.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-01 09:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

^^
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-02 11:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Gleti’s knife have a spot in jishnu’s build. Perhaps replace nusku shield for oneiro’s/gleti’s?

On that note, i don't see that Oneiros won't work on offhand.

Could Gleti's/Oneiros be better?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-02 18:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Gleti’s knife have a spot in jishnu’s build. Perhaps replace nusku shield for oneiro’s/gleti’s?

My setup for Armageddon already is Tauret/Oneiros in an attempt to balance out benefits to white damage and WS.

Gleti's knife is a helluva lot of fun to use, and that setup you mention of Gleti/Oneiros will likely be my primary Gandiva setup if I can dual wield- but its super rare for me at least that I'm meleeing if using a bow, so /DRG or /WAR ends up being better than Dual Wielding. In that case, Oneiros/Nusku isn't gonna change in my book, in particular when you start seeing how much +crit rate gear is likely already in your JR set- the 5% rate on Gleti's loses its punch and that +crit dmg on Oneiros show's its face a lot more often.

EDIT- I should specify that if I'm in a melee+ ranged WS setup such as Dyna Wave 3, I go Tauret/Ternion+1 (using Trueflight) and also use that dagger setup with Armageddon and Wildfire during meleeing-for-TP times. I think for marksmanship, Ternion+1 is still going to be the preferred offhand if not a member of the K-Club when compared to Gleti's due to the WSD and Marksmanship WS's always being 100% AGI WSC (discounting Coronach), so the DEX on Gleti's isn't beneficial to WSs as it would be for Jishnu's.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-02 18:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My setup for Armageddon already is Tauret/Oneiros in an attempt to balance out benefits to white damage and WS.

Gleti's knife is a helluva lot of fun to use, and that setup you mention of Gleti/Oneiros will likely be my primary Gandiva setup if I can dual wield- but its super rare for me at least that I'm meleeing if using a bow, so /DRG or /WAR ends up being better than Dual Wielding. In that case, Oneiros/Nusku isn't gonna change in my book.

100% agree with you. My thoughts are for SandyD where i would be on ranger doing AE cleave things anyway... and we pew pew halphas.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-02 19:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

100% agree with you. My thoughts are for SandyD where i would be on ranger doing AE cleave things anyway... and we pew pew halphas.

Honestly, I'd be swapping weapons depending on the moment in that scenario. Tauret/Ternion+1 with Gastraphetes/Quelling Bolt(30MAB) for Aeolian Cleaving phase, Gleti/Oneiros with Gandiva when ranging Halphas, then Ternion/Tauret+1 with Gastra for Trueflight on W3.
By eliroo 2021-03-02 19:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The main things that bother me about that setup:

No Ranged stats on Gleti
Sacrificing either WAR/DRG/SAM(?) subjob to gain 5% Crit rate.
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 97 98 99