You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 97 98 99
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-02-09 14:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What stones do you guys advise using for Trueflight augs on herc?
By Kikomizuhara 2021-02-09 14:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pellucid, go for high MAB with some WSD. Like 30 MAB 3wsd.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-02-09 15:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any reason that this guide has Nisroch and Adhemar pants in the "Dreamtier" Midshot set instead of Malignance? White damage?
 Asura.Epigram
Server: Asura
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2021-02-09 16:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

At least the body has been discussed before:

Prior Discussion

The legs are mainly there for the storetp including tp gain from recycle. If you have 5/5 merits in recycle then malignance probably is better. Base stats are pretty similar, a slight edge to the kecks, but you do get +2 storetp and pdl with the tights.

Recycle:
30 (trait) + 38 (relic hat +3) = 68 (need 22 to cap)
[+]
By eliroo 2021-02-09 17:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I figured it was something like that. Seems to be a pretty good idea to have midshot toggles based on your scenarions.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-02-09 18:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The gun feels pointless unless youre a cor with 1 bullet left and item on CD.

In order for the gun to be worth using, youd have to have a REMA already for the ammo. And that weapon will always be better. If you dont have a REMA, youre using moogle ammo.

Maybe if they release some high tier craftable add. effect ammo in the future for guns that ends up being really good, it could save a lot of gil. But thats all i can think of, and that is assuming they release something.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-02-09 20:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the gun was made to have infinite ammo with the rare/ex ammos like:

Hauksbok Bullet..

Wow it's a huge shame that effect is on a gun, and not a bow.
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 20:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Hauksbok Bullet

Its Rare/Ex

"Ammunition that can be stacked will not be consumed"
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-02-09 20:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Hauksbok Bullet

Its Rare/Ex

"Ammunition that can be stacked will not be consumed"

Crap I read that as "can't"

Even more wtf than the Polearm having MND
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2021-02-11 19:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

How does RNG hold up now a days? I heard they are only brought for specific content and is more of a niche job. Jut wondering is what I heard is true or if that is just their view on things. I just came back from a few years of not playing and rolled a new character so just trying to see where the job is at end-game wise.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-02-11 19:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What content are you looking to do?

I came back like 2 months ago and really do most things as RNG.

Omen
Ambuscade
Dynamis D
Aeonic runs

RNG is also extremely good at soloing Lilith to get Malignance. About the only thing I haven't done yet is the new sheol.

That said, my ls is a group of friends that played together back in the day and we dont really care about what jobs you're coming as so long as we have tanks/healers.

But DD wise I see no issue taking rng over anything else.

I use annihilator most of the time, so I can just dps without having to worry about hate and mess things up for the LS.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-11 19:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

worth using over Malignance for midshot or is the lack of RACC too much?

Base has an additional +4 so +14 STP in total.

Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-02-11 20:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raitoken said: »
How does RNG hold up now a days? I heard they are only brought for specific content and is more of a niche job. Jut wondering is what I heard is true or if that is just their view on things. I just came back from a few years of not playing and rolled a new character so just trying to see where the job is at end-game wise.

I use it to crystal farm omen because bounty shot and clear speed. There are at least 1 maybe 2? ambu's that knowing how to use shadowbind breaks the mechanics.

If you didn't know, the REMAs now poop out high tier ammo, so you don't have to manage that aspect any longer if you take the time to make them the almost finished version of the weapons.
By Kikomizuhara 2021-02-11 22:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The last two ambuscades have been really RNG friendly, you should notice pug shouts for rng. I'm on RNG too often for content like Omen, mainly savage blade then switch to shooting for Kei, FU and parts of OU.
And RNG is really strong for Dynamis if you're getting magic buffs.

Inspector I would keep/use those herc legs if I had the space to have those on me, along with malignance. Then I would just toggle between low acc and high acc sets. I have a similar stp10 aug on herc body which I don't have the space for ha.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-02-13 13:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To those who have Armageddon how often do you find yourselves using it?
By fillerbunny9 2021-02-13 22:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
To those who have Armageddon how often do you find yourselves using it?
well, it has been a lot of fun in Ambu this month. you need to have a group built around ranged damage to break it out; those are rather hard to come by these days.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-13 23:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
worth using over Malignance for midshot or is the lack of RACC too much?

Base has an additional +4 so +14 STP in total.

If you can cap RACC, yes more STP is better
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
Server: Ragnarok
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2021-02-15 06:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what ur doing. arma and mythic compete with each other so its more or less will u end up tanking if it lives too long.

if u can kill it fast without worrying about hate mythic is the way to go unless u wanna melt it with white dmg then u whip out arma.

I use arma for anything that likes to resist mag ws. mainly due to am3 with rapid / dead aim procs are doing ws dmg without the delay.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-02-18 21:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What is everyone using for trueflight sets nowadays? Im currently using the top tier set in the guide, minus herc hands as oseem and I are not on speaking terms.

At what point would Orion beret/herc head/body beat r15 cohort cloak?

Just looking to see where I can improve.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-18 23:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant speak for which edges ahead; its close.... it also depends what other jobs you play that warrant the inventory slots. I play other jobs that use cohort... so its the "hidden paycheck" increase that it gives to inventory slots.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-02-20 10:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back recently, is the Mpaca's Bow a real boy right now or just to taunt us?

I caught that they are going to do full jobs rebalance and then empy sets to +3, so future speculation is what it is. Just making sure I didn't miss the legendary and mythical bow rebalances.
By eliroo 2021-02-20 11:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its a bow, so its nothing special.

Surprised there isn't much talk about Ikenga here. Kind of curious about how the sets fit into shooting and AM3 builds. Also how viable is the TP-Bonus on the body? does it replace augment herc for Last Stand ?
[+]
 Asura.Meekriot
user: Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2021-02-22 10:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an updated GearSwap lua they could share, please? I've found a couple, but they haven't been updated in a really long time. Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-22 10:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Surprised there isn't much talk about Ikenga here.

ikr. STP, PDL, enmity, and snapshot all in one. For someone looking for an all-purpose set that is much easier to get than Relic+3/Malignance/Nisroch/Su3, this set is it if you can get dragged along for a clear. The True Shot+10 on the feet (augment) are pretty amazing. Getting a lot of True Shot stuff across a few different gear sets, making a nice build.
By Masunasu 2021-02-22 10:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Also how viable is the TP-Bonus on the body? does it replace augment herc for Last Stand ?

Napkin math says Ikenga body should win for Last Stand. Assuming Moonshade and Fomal, WSing at 2000TP (a "worst case" for Ikenga, TPing at lower values leads to a higher % increase), 3.95 FTP / 3.75 FTP = 5.3% increase from 200 TP bonus. TP Bonus applies to both hits where as Herc WSD would only apply to the first, AGI is a wash (assuming you go for +10AGI/+5WSD on Herc), and Ikenga also has 5STR, 8STP and way more Ratt/Racc. It's just better all around.
[+]
 Sylph.Chocobro
Server: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2021-02-22 11:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you accidentally shoot the WSD arrow? Need to know if I have to start making some fail-safes for it or not.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-22 11:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Chocobro said: »
Can you accidentally shoot the WSD arrow? Need to know if I have to start making some fail-safes for it or not.

yes.
By fillerbunny9 2021-02-22 11:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meekriot said: »
Does anyone have an updated GearSwap lua they could share, please? I've found a couple, but they haven't been updated in a really long time. Thanks!

I don't think much has really changed in that regard for the past year or three, or are you just looking for something that has all the sets with current gear because you don't want to update the items?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-22 11:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Chocobro said: »

I havent shot mine (yet), but my melee, DT, and post Savage Blade return macro sets are full of lines of /equip ammo "Artemis Arrow". I always make sure to pop a quiver of fresh arrows before using the WSD arrow, and I test the macro is swapping out on all sets before I start DPSing.

Of course, an errant misfire /ra will nullify all of those precautions, so just have to be careful. I also use equipviewer so I can visually see the arrow in real-time.
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-02-22 11:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Masunasu said: »
Also how viable is the TP-Bonus on the body? does it replace augment herc for Last Stand ?

Napkin math says Ikenga body should win for Last Stand. Assuming Moonshade and Fomal, WSing at 2000TP (a "worst case" for Ikenga, TPing at lower values leads to a higher % increase), 3.95 FTP / 3.75 FTP = 5.3% increase from 200 TP bonus. TP Bonus applies to both hits where as Herc WSD would only apply to the first, AGI is a wash (assuming you go for +10AGI/+5WSD on Herc), and Ikenga also has 5STR, 8STP and way more Ratt/Racc. It's just better all around.

Also Savage Blade
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 97 98 99