Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 97 98 99
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 13:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If it is to be added, please give examples of other weaponry options beyond just the Jeff Bezos option- as mentioned, things like Mercurial Kris and Blurred Knife+1 of course fall below a Kclub, but are still very viable options.

I did the Reisenjima portion of an Aeonic cycle with a Savage Blade RNG using Naegling/Blurred+1/TP Bonus Bow/WSD Arrow, only losing the night's parse to a fellow RNG sporting Naegling/Kclub. It still was a great performer even with a very vanilla offhand. (yeah SimonSes, you wrekt me ^^)
By SimonSes 2020-06-05 13:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ever try kc and you will experience getting ws > one tp round > ws again several times in a row, then its hard to not like it and go back to normal tp gain speed lol. Single hand kc build and ranged ws is even better for this effect. I think you can get up to 1600 tp in one round. Cant wait to finish Gastra :P
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 13:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe, the day I've got 600mil at one time is the probably the day I've liquidated all my holdings and then go log off at the Misareaux Coast's Waterfall with some single malt and a bowl of cannabis, saying goodbye to vana'diel!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 13:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
If you ever try kc and you will experience getting ws > one tp round > ws again several times in a row, then its hard to not like it and go back to normal tp gain speed lol. Single hand kc build and ranged ws is even better for this effect. I think you can get up to 1600 tp in one round. Cant wait to finish Gastra :P

Main hand kclub fell very short for the missing 119 weapon stats. TP was great. DPS/ws numbers were ugly.

I've actually moves to tauret/kclub and naegling/kclub respectively.

when i pew pew i use malev or perun depending WS.
By kunami 2020-06-05 14:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
If it is to be added, please give examples of other weaponry options beyond just the Jeff Bezos option- as mentioned, things like Mercurial Kris and Blurred Knife+1 of course fall below a Kclub, but are still very viable options.

I did the Reisenjima portion of an Aeonic cycle with a Savage Blade RNG using Naegling/Blurred+1/TP Bonus Bow/WSD Arrow, only losing the night's parse to a fellow RNG sporting Naegling/Kclub. It still was a great performer even with a very vanilla offhand. (yeah SimonSes, you wrekt me ^^)

My understanding is that K Club wants to minimize DA and TA so that it can get its full procs. The melee sets in the guide are mostly Adhemar. Has the melee meta shifted to full timing Malignance? Or do you only use that with K club?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 14:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

kunami said: »

My understanding is that K Club wants to minimize DA and TA so that it can get its full procs. The melee sets in the guide are mostly Adhemar. Has the melee meta shifted to full timing Malignance? Or do you only use that with K club?

Kclub takes advantage of all the STP and melee accuracy a 5/5 Malignance melee set provides. When I'm using blurred+1 offhand I still mix in 2 pieces of Adhemar for some TA (I use adhemar body and hands, malig head/legs/feet) That gets me my 11 Dual Wield from Adhemar+1 body and Suppa, vs the Kclub sets I've seen are 5/5 Malignance with the DW coming from one of two sources: either a DW+10 cape, or Reiki Yotai(waist)+Eabani Earring for 11.
By Weeew 2020-06-05 14:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Main hand kclub fell very short for the missing 119 weapon stats. TP was great. DPS/ws numbers were ugly.

Today I was testing Tauret/KC vs KC/Nusku on Neak with same brd cor geo buffs and all my augmented gear has 20 to 30 macc on it. Dual wield never saw a trueflight resist while single wield was 100% resisted. I would only ever single weild KC on fodder, prob not even then as I would be too lazy to switch to a fodder set.
[+]
By kunami 2020-06-05 15:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kind of what I was getting at. The midTier set would be similar to the existing sets but the Bill Gates option seems like it would run nearly a completely different set of armor.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 15:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kind of what I was getting at. The midTier set would be similar to the existing sets but the Bill Gates option seems like it would run nearly a completely different set of armor.

Maybe a quick comment that its the TP bonus bow+the DI WSD arrow that makes a Savage Blade build possible, and then show two options of builds- one with Kclub and one without, because that's really what changes so much. An offhand blurred+1 or Mercurial Kris essentially have the same gear to make them work. Hell, you might be able to get away with an offhand Ridill even- haven't tried it, just pondering.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 15:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 371906

This is my engaged set for kclub trueflights.

back has 10stp.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 15:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »

Today I was testing Tauret/KC vs KC/Nusku on Neak with same brd cor geo buffs and all my augmented gear has 20 to 30 macc on it. Dual wield never saw a trueflight resist while single wield was 100% resisted. I would only ever single weild KC on fodder, prob not even then as I would be too lazy to switch to a fodder set.

Yep. Kclub mainhand can hit the mobs even in wave 3. But the DPS is very very ugly lol
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 15:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the guides build gearsets around weapons.

which REMA do you have r15 that wasnt a significant investment?

there aren't many REMA that are all around great fulltime. Kclub falls into that category.

We need a new DREAM/REMA abbreviation that includes kclub.

Should all guides that have REMA sets defined also provide a weapon alternative?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 16:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 371906

back has 10stp.

As someone who doesn't have a Kraken Club and has only toyed with one twice (and only once in the past 4 years), I'm asking for an answer, not to make some smarmy comment where I have an answer in mind or am trying to make someone look bad-

But why do you have a dual wielding set with zero dual wield in it? Even when /NIN with capped gear and magical haste, you still want 11 DW in the set. Does the incredible amount of multiattack created by a Kraken Club actually eliminate the need for that +Dual Wield gear?
By Weeew 2020-06-05 16:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 371906

back has 10stp.

As someone who doesn't have a Kraken Club and has only toyed with one twice (and only once in the past 4 years), I'm asking for an answer, not to make some smarmy comment where I have an answer in mind or am trying to make someone look bad-

But why do you have a dual wielding set with zero dual wield in it? Even when /NIN with capped gear and magical haste, you still want 11 DW in the set. Does the incredible amount of multiattack created by a Kraken Club actually eliminate the need for that +Dual Wield gear?

I put 10DW on my back. Dont have a STP back so cannot test the difference.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 16:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

oh and regarding why it would be valuable to have two melee sets defined, one based around kclub use and one based around something else:

A Trueflight set remains the same if using Holliday, Fomalhaut, or Gastraphetes.

A Last Stand set looks identical in GEAR whether using Fomalhaut or Armageddon or Annihilator or whatever.

The set for Savage Blade would be identical, regardless of weapon choice.

----BUT----

The TP'ing set for a bow looks a whole lot different than the TP'ing set for a gun. And that's really the volume of difference we're talking about between offhanding a kclub or not, and CERTAINLY about mainhanding one vs not. What works with kclub fails horribly in parses when using something else, and you'll never get the most out of a kclub using a MA-based TP set vs a STP based set.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 16:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
ItemSet 371906

back has 10stp.

I put 10DW on my back. Dont have a STP back so cannot test the difference.

Of course. Being fully transparent.

I already owned the STP cape. And to my surprise by the time the kclub is done swinging the main hand starts again. If you havent experienced it. Its a great adrenaline rush. Literally 2k ws spam very very very fast.

Having said that. This is with FULL buffs. I'm wondering if a less than full buffed situation could warrant the DW cape. I just happen to only bring out kclub ranger for content that I will be full buffed in.

The point being that you can WS in an attack round. Don't necessarily need the time to start another attack round before you ws.
By kunami 2020-06-05 16:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I will leave the original melee sets as they were, and then make an entirely new row beneath strictly for Kraken Club stuff.

That way I don't need high/mid/low tier K Club TP/WS sets.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 16:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping that others chime in here. But I think this gearset is very specific and without the release of malignance i'm not sure it would be viable.

I don't think there is much wiggle room to change it is there?

all of the gear is essential free btw.

rings can be NQ. and you dont NEED a gastraphetes.

the only real expense is the kclub if you decide to not farm it, solo,naked, on pup....

Some of the other jobs need a significantly more gil investment to be top tier.

In fact there is room for argument that it indeed is on the cheaper end of the builds.

you get the DPS benefits of a r15 REMA DPS... at the cost of ambu/htbf/and a lvl 60bcnm that you can solo?
By kunami 2020-06-05 16:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's less about needing gear/cost etc and more keeping the guide readable.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 16:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just put in the suggested set. Its not expensive as an entire unit.

You can swap in NQ rings and not gastra (for trueflight)

there are plenty of guns/xbows that will work. I parse so far ahead of the DP CORS (of which I am also one) that if i swapped out gastra i might not outparse a DP cor?

I can live with that. Keeping up with a DP cor in dyna using a less expensive set would be ok in my eyes :P
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-06-05 16:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol everything in entire game is essentially free by this logic.

you get the DPS benefits of a r15 REMA DPS... at the cost of ambu/htbf/and a lvl 60bcnm that you can solo?

Not giving much credit to the RMEA Brd, Idris Geo and Rostam Cor holding you up with the build..
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 16:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

heck, just make a footnote in the guide that there are non-sticky based threads for kclub discussion^^
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 16:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »

Not giving much credit to the RMEA Brd, Idris Geo and Rostam Cor holding you up with the build..

I always give credit to support. Wouldn't we have them for any DPS though?

And my point is most of that melee set is rare/ex from SOLO content lol.

Literally
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 16:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 371906

here is melee

i will post WS sets too; but they are the same as pew pew.

ItemSet 372849

ItemSet 371903
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 16:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

quick comment on your kclub TF set vs a double malevolence set:

due to getting about 60 extra MAB from the weapon slots by using double malevolence, you'll get better WS numbers by swapping EITHER the head or legs for the corresponding 10% WSD AF+3 or Relic+3 piece. But that only plays out because you're making up the lost MAB in weapons. Using non MAB-based weaponry, loading in extra MAB via augmented herc gear with less WSD will give better results like you post.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 16:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

quick comment on your kclub TF set vs a double malevolence set:

due to getting about 60 extra MAB from the weapon slots by using double malevolence, you'll get better WS numbers by swapping EITHER the head or legs for the corresponding 10% WSD AF+3 or Relic+3 piece. But that only plays out because you're making up the lost MAB in weapons. Using non MAB-based weaponry, loading in extra MAB via augmented herc gear with less WSD will give better results like you post.

For sure on pew pew i toggle to Malev/Tauret.

Lots of times you hit 99k with 3k TP anyway. Im telling ya TP is so fast you cant do anything except WS or else your wasting TP. Dead serious.
By Afania 2020-06-05 17:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Having said that. This is with FULL buffs. I'm wondering if a less than full buffed situation could warrant the DW cape.

Buffs are irrelevant. If you are subbing NIN then you need 11 DW to cap delay no matter how buffed you are. And back slot just happened to be the most efficient slot for DW if you aren't using adhemar body.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 17:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed.

I am not at all a numbers spreadsheet person. I test the builds in the field over number crunching.

Having said that I will make a DW cape and check it out for sure.

We need a video to show you it in action. The words aren't seeming to do it any justice.
 Asura.Aerox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2020-06-05 17:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »

I always give credit to support. Wouldn't we have them for any DPS though?

And my point is most of that melee set is rare/ex from SOLO content lol.

Literally

Not many DPS need double cor or brd to dps at their max (Talking W3 dyna D)

I had distract3, +7 bolster geo torpor, igeo bolster frailty/malaise, 1 brd doing HM Madx2 Agl for songs and 1 cor doing wiz/sam (RNGx2, CORx1, BRDx1, SCHx1, GEOx1). Since both other rng and cor were also r15 mythic and we didn't have brd or cor to rotate in for extra buffs we didnt gimp dmg buffs for them to support my kclub so it didnt reach full potential. Acc on jeuno boss was about 80-85% and often hitting for 0.

So don't think just getting a kclub and a melee set is enough to do amazing dps, you need proper support. If you cap acc and get attack buffs it's awesome tp gain though. In the end our group has cleared all w3 zones without kclub doing x2RNG CORx1 so... i didn't keep it.

EDIT: should also say I was using the malignance melee sets being posted here
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 17:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure where the double cor thing came in?

We do NOT rotate parties.

COR COR RNG SCH BRD GEO

PLD RUN GEO WHM BRD COR

BLM RDM SMN GEO x x

We did all of our wave 3 just like that. I can hit 99k trueflights with 2k + TP

4song REMA bard
both geos idris
cors have rostams

support is ALWAYS welcomed with open arms.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 97 98 99