Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-07 23:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

sabrtooth said: »
hi all,

i finally got a kraken club for ranger.

may i know the setup and buff for it to work on endgame content like SR, omen and dynamis?

is it good for only trueflight setup ? how about savage blade? trying to get the wsd20 arrow next week.

thank you all and have a good weekend!

I enjoy kclub ranger alot. In fact we just exited a wave3 jeuno boss clear in which i was rng.

geo = indiacumen/geomalaise/entrustagi
geo = geolanguor
brd = madrigal madrigal march minuet
brd(rotatein) = int int agi agi
cor = sam tact chaos fighters
rdm = all the rdm things
sch = aurorastorm2

Thats the buffs I had.

most ws were 70k-99k if you do 2ktp

ItemSet 371903
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-08 02:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Just a quick question, AF+3 hands have to be equipped just when activating Barrage, or while shooting as well?

Afaik, worn while shooting.
By sabrtooth 2020-05-08 02:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

very nice and helpful!

thank you, kaldaek!
By Demhar 2020-05-11 12:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
hi all,

may i know the setup and buff for it to work on endgame content like SR, omen and dynamis?

is it good for only trueflight setup ? how about savage blade? trying to get the wsd20 arrow next week.

I enjoy kclub ranger alot. In fact we just exited a wave3 jeuno boss clear in which i was rng.

geo = geolanguor
rdm = all the rdm things
sch = aurorastorm2

Thats the buffs I had.

ItemSet 371903

If not a trouble, can you please share your Herc augments plz. Thank you^^
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-11 12:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Demhar said: »
hi all,

geo = geolanguor
rdm = all the rdm things
sch = aurorastorm2

Thats the buffs I had.

ItemSet 371903

If not a trouble, can you please share your Herc augments plz. Thank you^^

sets.precast.WS['Trueflight'] = {
ammo="Quelling Bolt",
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','Weapon skill damage +3%','INT+3','Mag. Acc.+13','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4',}},
body={ name="Carm. Sc. Mail +1", augments={'Attack+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Dbl.Atk."+4',}},
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+17 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+17','Weapon skill damage +3%','INT+5','Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+6',}},
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+16 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+16','Weapon skill damage +2%','INT+1','Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+7','Mag. Acc.+13','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+8',}},
neck={ name="Scout's Gorget +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Eschan Stone",
left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Rng.Acc.+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
left_ring="Dingir Ring",
right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}

** Auto swap to obi when aurorastorm2 on
[+]
By Aerison 2020-05-21 13:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a decent Namas(lol) set for shits'n giggles?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-21 14:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much it's the same as my Coronach set.

Since there is a STR mod, Sailfi+1 can be used over Fotia.
sets.WS['Namas Arrow'] ={ head="Orion Beret +3",
body="Arcadian Jerkin +3",
hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
legs={ name="Arc. Braccae +3", augments={'Enhances "Eagle Eye Shot" effect',}},
feet="Arcadian Socks +3",
neck="Scout's Gorget +2",
waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
left_ear="Sherida Earring",
right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
left_ring="Dingir Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}

I use Relic +3 as an alternative to oseem augs, its heavy on attributes/ratk and has -enmity.

I havent ranked Yoichi up.. It honestly felt like a waste of time and effort. Archery WS leave a lot to be desired
By Taint 2020-05-21 14:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Don’t rank15 Yoichi it’s garbage.

As stated bows aren’t in a good place right now.
By Aerison 2020-05-21 14:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Pretty much it's the same as my Coronach set.

Since there is a STR mod, Sailfi+1 can be used over Fotia.
sets.WS['Namas Arrow'] ={ head="Orion Beret +3",
body="Arcadian Jerkin +3",
hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
legs={ name="Arc. Braccae +3", augments={'Enhances "Eagle Eye Shot" effect',}},
feet="Arcadian Socks +3",
neck="Scout's Gorget +2",
waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
left_ear="Sherida Earring",
right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
left_ring="Dingir Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}

I use Relic +3 as an alternative to oseem augs, its heavy on attributes/ratk and has -enmity.

I havent ranked Yoichi up.. It honestly felt like a waste of time and effort. Archery WS leave a lot to be desired

Nice, thanks!
 Asura.Haxetc
Server: Asura
By Asura.Haxetc 2020-05-21 16:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

I'm pretty happy with my R15 Gandiva :^)
[+]
By Taint 2020-05-21 16:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Haxetc said: »
Taint said: »

I'm pretty happy with my R15 Gandiva :^)

I like my R15 Arma during AM3 plus I can still spam LS for 3 minutes!

But yeah Gandiva is the only bow.
By MelonLord 2020-06-01 14:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just coming back after a long break. I've read the last few pages but have a few questions.

Is there a gun I can use until I can get my hands on a REMA?

I was thinking of maybe working on the TP bonus magian gun since that would be good for savage blade? Would it also be okay for true flight? In the past I remember reading it works for Leaden Salute so I'm wondering if that applies here too.

Also in terms of physical ws, is savage our new go to physical ws(when melee makes sense)?
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-06-01 15:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide is still up-to-date. Holiday and Doomsday are your real non-REMA choices.

My personal advice is to level COR as a rollsair to build up your RNG gear and get your aeonic. Then transfer your gear over to your ranger until it's passable. At the end, you have more flexibility with two well equipped jobs.
By HyperKTM 2020-06-01 16:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Doomsday 19matb 19str/Agi 7%wsd is pretty decent
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Server: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-06-01 16:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

@MelonLord:

Definately good advice from Epigram.

COR and RNG both share gear sets like Herculean, Adhemar, Malignance, Carmine, Meghanada and Samnuha.

RNG simply is not used in much endgame content unless you have a small tactical group or an LS with a lot of top-tiered RNG and CORs. There are far too many DD types to compete with. Unfortunately for ranged and pet jobs, available support set-up favors melee jobs because of the overabundance of melee. When top-tiered support is limitted, support strategy will favor whatever damage type is strongest in the group.

You will get into more parties and alliances as support. COR is a support job that can compete with top melee jobs when geared correctly. This means you will be able to participate in more content such as Ambu VD, Dyna [D] Wave 3, and Aeonic clears. The more flexible you are, the more content you can get into.

By all means, make the 1k TP bow and 1k TP gun. The gun is also shared between RNG and COR. The 1k tp bow and gun will dramatically improve your damage output as melee. For RNG melee, you will also want to farm Domain Invasion points to obtain a Hauksbok Arrow and gear for melee acc and stp. You don't need a KC and Malignance set right away. You can use Blurred Knife+1 along with Adhemar+1 and Samnuha multi-attk gear to parse just below a KC-RNG Savage Blade melee.
[+]
By MelonLord 2020-06-01 20:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it, thanks all! I'll try the cor route. Lastly, kind of curious but can melee rng be competitive to heavy DD?
 Bismarck.Zubuis
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2020-06-04 10:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain why Vampirisim/Odium are BIS (if true) for Coronach?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-04 10:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zubuis said: »
Can someone explain why Vampirisim/Odium are BIS (if true) for Coronach?

Coronach is unique among Marksmanship weapon skills in having DEX as one of the dSTAT modifiers. Its really hard to find DEX in the weapon slot for Rangers, and Odium's +13 is a pretty hefty chunk- in particular because you don't lose some +AGI on it either when using Odium- which is also a dSTAT mod for Coronach (its 40%dex, 40%agi)

Most endgame rangers almost never need to worry about Ranged Accuracy, if properly buffed and geared, and IN PARTICULAR while using Annihilator. We don't have a +WSD weapon, and capping Ranged Attack isn't that hard, either. That means our best option for boosting damage is often raw Stats.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2020-06-04 11:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the odium made sense since it has both agi/dex. I guess with vampirism, a perfectly augmented one just has so much str that it increases dmg more than other options?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-04 11:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Coronach is a pain to really max out. I've done tests with WSD capes that have 30AGI, 30STR, 30DEX, 20DEX/10AGI, 20AGI/10DEX....and I swear at times its not even consistent just messing with one thing. So yeah, some favor the Vampirism for the STR because its pretty hard to argue against STR being a good thing, even when its not a direct dSTAT.

The only advice I can give if you really want to try and get the most out of Coronach to compete with Last Stand, just keep toying with things. Again, don't worry too much about ranged accuracy (some of course is always good, I'm not saying go naked), TP overflow is worthless, and focus on balancing the 3 stats of AGI, DEX, and STR (I go in that order currently). In the end, having a high powered Coronach is great- skillchain flexibility, great hate management, and still good damage.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2020-06-04 12:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Celebrindal for the response.
By kunami 2020-06-05 07:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Epigram said: »
The guide is still up-to-date.
As an aside, if it's not up to date somewhere feel free to post here or DM me and I will tweak it.. Lately I was cogitating on whether to update the melee section out of meme status now that Naegling/Kclub is a thing.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 07:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

kunami said: »
As an aside, if it's not up to date somewhere feel free to post here or DM me and I will tweak it.. Lately I was cogitating on whether to update the melee section out of meme status now that Naegling/Kclub is a thing.

I mean, until people see kclub in action, a lot seemingly don't believe that it works. BUT, newer people need guidance on how to make it work for sure.

I would definitely say to put it in there. Every setup is situational.

On the note of coronach. That is probably helpful for next months ambu coming up. Outside of that I only pew pew in dynamis if the wave boss starts messing us up.. we step back and shoot until recovered... and then keep meleeing :P
By Weeew 2020-06-05 08:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, until people see kclub in action, a lot seemingly don't believe that it works. BUT, newer people need guidance on how to make it work for sure.

On the note of coronach. That is probably helpful for next months ambu coming up. Outside of that I only pew pew in dynamis if the wave boss starts messing us up.. we step back and shoot until recovered... and then keep meleeing :P

I was messing around with Mercurial Kris prior to getting a KC using mainly STP gear with the exception of adhemar hands and windbuffet and I honestly felt it performed alot better than the typical TA focused melee set while also gaining massive DT and MEva benefits for wave 3 situations. Also ranger has a B- in dagger as opposed to a E in clubs so the accuracy requirement was not as bad as a KC would be.

Would suggest Mercurial Kris setup to be a medium-tier version of the KC melee setup.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-05 08:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »

I was messing around with Mercurial Kris prior to getting a KC using mainly STP gear with the exception of adhemar hands and windbuffet and I honestly felt it performed alot better than the typical TA focused melee set while also gaining massive DT and MEva benefits for wave 3 situations. Also ranger has a B- in dagger as opposed to a E in clubs so the accuracy requirement was not as bad as a KC would be.

Would suggest Mercurial Kris setup to be a medium-tier version of the KC melee setup.

Mkris are pretty nice, I've been using them for that purpose.

Kraken Club> Mkris> Blurred+1 for Max Buffs/Support
Blurred+1 is obviously better when you don't have the support.

Clubs delay/TP gain per hit is really nice though.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 10:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a tough call.

I know almost all the top rangers I know have that as an option in their job arsenal NOT because its their top-parsing job...it does quite well, but often they'll have a DRG, SAM, DRK, etc in their mix for their max dps moments. They have RNG around because it deals great damage but safely.

So while savage blade setups of Naegling/kcblub/TP bow/WSD arrow or Trueflight setups of kclub/shield/gastra/quelling fly in the face of logic of what a Ranger's design is built around, the introduction of the safety that Malignance gear provides in tandem with incredible DD stats allows many jobs, including Ranger, to do things it wasn't designed to do, and do it safely.

I still prefer to play RNG from distance. It's what I like about the job, the strategy advantage that a RNG based strat allows. For me, its about more than just the DPS numbers at the end of a parse- its about "is this setup the best for us because we have really experienced shooters, but relatively new support job players who need the simpler concept of ranged support vs melee support"? That to me is the greatest gift that a RNG-based setup gives.

If you have incredible support and can pull it off, give it a try- its certainly a helluva lot of DPS. But don't think its the ONLY way to play Ranger these days...far from it.
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-06-05 10:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Mkris are pretty nice, I've been using them for that purpose.

Kraken Club> Mkris> Blurred+1 for Max Buffs/Support
Blurred+1 is obviously better when you don't have the support.

Clubs delay/TP gain per hit is really nice though.

I definitely agree. When you have the right buffs, the insane WSD and tp-gain that you get out of a k-club melee ranger is amazing, but without the right buffs it's a failure.

As a side note, the acc buff issue is less of a thing when you are with other dual-wielders using tp+1k off hands, since there is a better group benefit to acc buffs. The big issue is with 2handers, where they may not get a huge amount out of acc buffs without the appropriate gear sets.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 11:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Its a tough call.

I know almost all the top rangers I know have that as an option in their job arsenal NOT because its their top-parsing job...it does quite well, but often they'll have a DRG, SAM, DRK, etc in their mix for their max dps moments. They have RNG around because it deals great damage but safely.

So while savage blade setups of Naegling/kcblub/TP bow/WSD arrow or Trueflight setups of kclub/shield/gastra/quelling fly in the face of logic of what a Ranger's design is built around, the introduction of the safety that Malignance gear provides in tandem with incredible DD stats allows many jobs, including Ranger, to do things it wasn't designed to do, and do it safely.

I still prefer to play RNG from distance. It's what I like about the job, the strategy advantage that a RNG based strat allows. For me, its about more than just the DPS numbers at the end of a parse- its about "is this setup the best for us because we have really experienced shooters, but relatively new support job players who need the simpler concept of ranged support vs melee support"? That to me is the greatest gift that a RNG-based setup gives.

If you have incredible support and can pull it off, give it a try- its certainly a helluva lot of DPS. But don't think its the ONLY way to play Ranger these days...far from it.

Agree with most points. However; the flexibility of good DPS from range and great DPS from melee are what ive found to be the advantage.

For instance in DDyna Sandy. pew pew wave1/wave2 boss. Then melee kclub trueflight almost the entire rest of the time. Wave3 boss if something ugly happens , or under 50% w/e... i can disengage and move back 20yalms and still do good damage.

I tend to not savage blade on ranger unless its a fetter that aborbs magic. Anywho... being able to adapt to the situation is a huge hidden benefit
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-06-05 11:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

As a side note, the acc buff issue is less of a thing when you are with other dual-wielders using tp+1k off hands, since there is a better group benefit to acc buffs. The big issue is with 2handers, where they may not get a huge amount out of acc buffs without the appropriate gear sets.

Tbh the only thing you need for 95% of end game is Marchato Honor March and acc food.
By kunami 2020-06-05 12:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now the node has a few melee sets and a joke about pretending to be a COR. If people are doing Wave 3 with K clubs it may need at least a little blurb about it explaining why and how the class that is supposed to be the ranged DPS king is meleeing with a lvl 64 club.

I had a chance to try a half built melee K Club set last night on Omen trash and I was having a lot of fun.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 97 98 99