Link | Quote | Reply

Get rid of the dumb nuke wall.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-11 19:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Reduce Cascade to a 10s timer. Allow nukes cast with the /ja Cascade on them to ignore the nuke wall- 100% chance at 1k TP, 50% chance to ignore at 500TP, below 200TP no effect.

Its not perfect, but it sure would be fun for us RMEA BLMs who were foolish enough to build them^^
By Chimerawizard 2021-05-11 19:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

remove MTDR (now blm & geo can compete with blu at cleaving).
trash the nuke wall entirely.
remove damage limit on meteor and increase its damage by like a factor of 100x.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-05-11 19:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just add Naegling to BLM. fixed.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-11 19:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to be reasonable. Wall sucks, it's unlikely to change. You're literally beating your head against a wall suggesting they alter it. It's the only way to stop parties with run geo sch blmx3 and alliances of run sch geo corx3 blmx12

Doing the hovershot type thing though to double low tier nukes would be pretty good. They may have to do that and add doublecast though. Feel like that could work. Gives blm actual dps instead of being pure spike damage.

It may have to come with an MEVA nerf on mobs though, to counter lack of buffs in a "balanced" party containing a blm.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-05-11 20:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee dont get punished for spamming WS, short of losing out on SC damage, in fact they get rewarded for holding TP for skillchains by having a higher TP mod and SC damage.

Bringing more than one mage to nuke is a huge damage hinderance for anything beyond the first mage. And it doesnt get any better if the first nuke that lands is from the weakest mage of all.

And whats preventing anyone from bringing alliances of run geox3 corx14 with WF/LS? Last I checked, magic WS's arent subject to nuke wall? inb4: SE makes magic WS's subject to nuke wall.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-05-11 20:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fine with there being a nuke wall but should be able to do a few nukes before running into it, that its a major concern with just 1 blm and 1 sch in a party in odyssey seems a bit harsh.

I'd also like to see at least a few staff elemental ws's be given range, this could make mythics for blm and sch much easier to use and open up a lot of interesting strategies with occult acumen.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-11 20:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

WS should have walls the exact same way that the magic does. (and bloodpacts and ready moves)

I've been saying that since like 2005. broken ***like 3 war axe burns and 3 mnk bone burns were so dramatically better than other ***. They should've balanced it back then. Stomped the whole job burn mentality out when they had the chance.

I think that it's just too much work for them to do full scale. (now)
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2021-05-11 21:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to not revert to blm all the things, I'd just modify the nuke wall to relate to the elements of the skillchain performed:
T1 Skillchain: matching element has nuke wall
T2 Skillchain: both elements have separate nuke walls
T3 Skillchain: all 4 elements have separate nuke walls
T4 Skillchain: No nuke wall/floors meva, just to make offensive aeonics feel a little more special and reference the early aeonics being made using blms

I'm sure T4 is probably too strong, but since it requires using an aeonic, it's a little balanced by how specialized it is.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-11 21:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

All that ends up meaning is 14 BLMs and the RUN+COR make t4 instead of a SCH spams immanence

And the other stuff is already how the wall works. You can already have 3 blms nuke Thunder 6 Fire 6 and Aero 6 with no wall, but you can only G+R one element.

Quote:
the "Nuke Wall", there is a 60% penalty in identical elemental damage
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-11 22:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The real debate is whether we want BLM designed strats to be functional, or if we want BLM to have a role in mixed ally setups.

If its the latter, allow a created SC window to remain open its normal time even if a free WS comes after the SC. Make the window close only due to its natural time or the creation of another SC, not just a single WS. This would allow a burster to function without slowing down the melees.

I personally would love to see a caveat to the nuke wall based on people nuking, not nukes cast. If 2 people are able to land 4 bursts in a single window, it should be clean. But if 4 people all nuke 4 nukes, then we see the wall. This would prevent large scale BLM-onry strats that SE wanted to end, but still allow 1 or 2 nukers to operate at full power.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-11 22:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That does nothing for 14 deaths or 14 fire 6s or 14 thunder 6s

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You're literally beating your head against a wall suggesting they alter it.

I think that they could simply remove one cast and that realistically solves it.

3 nukes before wall, then wall, that lets BLM SCH and GEO all get one in or any combo of them get 2 in. Does it fix it, no. It's just more reasonable.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-11 22:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That does nothing for 14 deaths or 14 fire 6s or 14 thunder 6s

You're literally beating your head against a wall suggesting they alter it.

confused by your comment- are you saying that you want the capability to do those old style all-BLM alliances to clear content and my suggestion won't bring that back? Because that was kinda my concept. I want BLMs to be relevant, but not bring back BLM-onry meta.

I do agree with an earlier statement you made that repeating the same magical WS with zero penalty is broken and needs addressed in a general way, not just on Dyna-D bosses that live long enough to notice it. I was a big fan of that mechanic and was hoping it was going to be a "new normal", the way nerfed enfeebling bubbles are now.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-11 22:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't want all blm alliances.

Changing the wall to per person, does nothing to stop all blm alliance.

Raising the cap from 1 unresisted, to 2-3 unresisted, is a good compromise.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-05-12 04:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Increase/change Vidohunir FTP to scale with TP for BLM DD meta with Nyame set?

If you can't beat COR... join them?
[+]
 Bismarck.Batton
Server: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2021-05-12 09:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Have the nuke wall be separate for each spell tier! BLM's get their 6, the other jobs get their 5, 4 and HelixII
By ikudosi 2021-05-12 09:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Introduce a new JA called Hover Cast! Similar to the new OP Ranger ability but also for mages! Who needs to magic burst when you can just do 99K nukes all the time! /sarcasm.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-12 10:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't want all blm alliances.

Changing the wall to per person, does nothing to stop all blm alliance.

Raising the cap from 1 unresisted, to 2-3 unresisted, is a good compromise.

ok finally figured out our disconnect in understanding, or at least my disconnect in explaining.

When I said change the wall to number of nukers vs number of nukes, I did not mean each person gets their own wall. I was trying to explain a vision where if you only brought 2 nukers, they'd never hit the wall, even if they both cast 3 times within the window....but if you brought 4 nukers, they'd hit a wall with repeated use of the same element.

I am with you, and don't want those mass BLM alliances. I just want when one does get to come, they can be relevant- and 1 T6 every 30 seconds, no matter how clean or unresisted, will never be enough to justify an alliance spot. I would love a scenario where a BLM coming to burst knows that even if the GEO and RDM or SCH (depending on setup) decide to toss a nuke on a burst, they can still hit 2 full-strength bursts without worrying about a lower damage mage "beating them to the punch" and then gimping the good damage.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-12 10:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is you've got to be very specific. And the finer the details to prevent extremes, the less likely they're going to do it.

"every nuker should get their own resist wall" unless there are more than 2 nukers(*)

How do you implement that?

A BLM shouldn't get their nukes lowered because a GEO/SCH/RDM/NIN nuked before them, but then you get RDM SCH GEO nuking with impunity and never bother taking a BLM because of the other things they offer.

It's not a simple solution. It really does require changing the entire game to fit BLM back into it. Much more power creep and RDM SCH GEO will entirely eclipse BLM.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-12 11:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is you've got to be very specific. And the finer the details to prevent extremes, the less likely they're going to do it.

"every nuker should get their own resist wall" unless there are more than 2 nukers(*)

How do you implement that?

A BLM shouldn't get their nukes lowered because a GEO/SCH/RDM/NIN nuked before them, but then you get RDM SCH GEO nuking with impunity and never bother taking a BLM because of the other things they offer.

It's not a simple solution. It really does require changing the entire game to fit BLM back into it. Much more power creep and RDM SCH GEO will entirely eclipse BLM.

Definitely. And I often think, "wait, we spend more time testing and tweaking what's possible with a job in this game than any SE dev ever could, and we can't make it work...what hope do they have?" Its fun to theorycraft, but in reality I think the best BLM can hope for is more content that requires us due to mechanics, not damage potential. Its a sad space to occupy, and I hope I'm wrong...I just don't see how outside of reworking the nuke formula and letting BLM have a "damage breaker" trait to go above 99,999dmg on bursts we have a future home with the other DDs in the game.
By joemamma 2021-05-12 11:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Warp 3 warps you back to 75 era.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-05-12 13:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think raising the unresisted cap to 3-4 should be best. This allows a semi mage page to work with 3 people nuking (Rdm, Geo, Blm) and maybe a spell from whm or pld for something.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-12 13:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Some kind of tradeoff besides damage would be ideal. You get full damage, but the spell costs 50% more MP per level of resist wall, maybe. Don't let AF body apply to it, and don't give back occult acumen MP. Makes burst damage viable, but MP regeneration and management come back into play.

Thunder6 with +250% mp cost(5 other blms) would be 1529 MP. If you don't have enough MP, resist wall applies in proportion to how much you're short. Double-triple MBs are now extremely expensive. Multiple volleys are still possible with Myrkr, Convert, Manawell, but you'll blow through them all in a couple minutes and any sort of sustained fight or farm will require more forethought. Ballads, Refresh, Manafont, Aspir become relevant again.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-05-12 14:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Some kind of tradeoff besides damage would be ideal. You get full damage, but the spell costs 50% more MP per level of resist wall, maybe. Don't let AF body apply to it, and don't give back occult acumen MP. Makes burst damage viable, but MP regeneration and management come back into play.

Thunder6 with +250% mp cost(5 other blms) would be 1529 MP. If you don't have enough MP, resist wall applies in proportion to how much you're short. Double-triple MBs are now extremely expensive. Multiple volleys are still possible with Myrkr, Convert, Manawell, but you'll blow through them all in a couple minutes and any sort of sustained fight or farm will require more forethought. Ballads, Refresh, Manafont, Aspir become relevant again.

This is sort of cool but an army of Blms/Rdms with manafont, manawell and convert plus a bunch of Myrkr and Conserve MP equipments could bring back the Blms artillery barrage which I don't think SE wants at the moment.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-05-12 15:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

some kind of temp buff like Scarlet Delirium that boosts your nearby party's MAB (or mdef, or macc, or meva, something magical and affecting everyone) based on the damage of your next magic burst

but also other stuff people have already said that make it not so dependent on bursting
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-05-12 18:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to be reasonable. Wall sucks, it's unlikely to change.

Until they remove the wall and the aga multi target nerf, blm is a wasted slot. Its a usless job at this point, I still sometimes dust it off and take it to campaign just for shits and giggles, because I can still AE the mobs down faster on thf than I can nuke them down on blm.

In the mean time, it would be nice if SE gave us some decent melee gear and a better staff rating, so we could at least do that.

Frankly Im at the point where I think they should just remove it entirely.

*** SE for what they did to blm, and you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if you try to bring it to anything, even campaign.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-05-12 20:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

My thoughts.

tl;dw
New job traits. One buffs base Magic Damage, other gives a baseline chance of a magic crit and buffs magic crit damage. Other under-the-hood buffs to JAs/mechanics. Cascade gets a massive overhaul and becomes a BLM version of Impetus.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-12 20:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually just watched that, weirdly popped up in my recommended.

I more or less agree with what you said. At some point I've said everything you mention.

Additionally, I think that it would be nice if they made staff melee work like Aerith melee in FF7R (basically, melee, but not in range, same with the ws) To supplement more tp based buff / debuff / myrkr.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22