A SCH Gearswap...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A SCH Gearswap...
A SCH Gearswap...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By DianC 2018-12-04 12:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, I only downloaded it a week or two ago so I didn't figure to doublecheck again... Thanks alot!
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-05 07:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Added a note in the gearsets file as it appears this was not clear...

The helix sets will auto pull from casting sets, so in order for them to behave in MB / non-MB and/or High Acc mode, you should ONLY non-obi belt, pixie, and maybe boots if you have a pair that beats Arbatel +1 even if Klimaform is up.

Reason: Obi weather and Klimaform Boots check happens after the casting set is built. So, a last check for helix is done and put the items in the helix set on top.
Code
	-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	-- Helix sets automatically derives from casting sets. SO DONT PUT ANYTHING IN THEM other than:
	-- Pixie in DarkHelix
	-- Boots that aren't arbatel +1 (15% of small numbers meh, amalric+1 does more)
	-- Belt that isn't Obi.
	-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Make sure you have a non weather obi in this set. Helix get bonus naturally no need Obi.	
    sets.midcast.DarkHelix = {
		head="Pixie Hairpin +1",
    	-- Amalric Nails +1 are beating Arbatel Loafers +1 for Helix atm, YMMV
		feet={ name="Amalric Nails +1", augments={'MP+80','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
		waist="Refoccilation Stone",
    }
    -- Make sure you have a non weather obi in this set. Helix get bonus naturally no need Obi.	
    sets.midcast.Helix = {
		-- Amalric Nails +1 are beating Arbatel Loafers +1 for Helix atm, YMMV
		feet={ name="Amalric Nails +1", augments={'MP+80','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
		waist="Refoccilation Stone",
    }	
By socromon 2018-12-05 10:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

if I were to want to add an idle mode, so refresh, DT, and Meva how would i go about doing that?
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-05 11:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Update to SCH.lua and SHC_Gearsets.lua

socromon said: »
if I were to want to add an idle mode, so refresh, DT, and Meva how would i go about doing that?

Actually I was going to say "let me add this to the To Do." Then I was like I have a better idea.

With the latest update, you can now add, remove, define your own idle, regen and nuking modes.

So everyone can define their own required modes directly from the gearsets file without having the alter the SCH.lua code file.

Make sure you update both files to get this update though.

You'll find this at the top of the gearset file:
Code
-- Define your modes: 
-- You can add or remove modes in the table below, they will get picked up in the cycle automatically. 
-- to define sets for idle if you add more modes, name them: sets.me.idle.mymode and add 'mymode' in the group.
-- to define sets for regen if you add more modes, name them: sets.midcast.regen.mymode and add 'mymode' in the group.
-- Same idea for nuke modes. 
idleModes = {'refresh', 'dt', 'mdt'}
regenModes = {'hybrid', 'duration', 'potency'}
-- To add a new mode to nuking, you need to define both sets: sets.midcast.nuking.mynewmode as well as sets.midcast.MB.mynewmode
nukeModes = {'normal', 'acc'}
By dinotron 2018-12-05 19:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Alt-F4 to change Idle Mode
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-05 19:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh gosh where have I left this typo? It should be on F9 on the default bindings.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-13 01:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Update to SCH.lua

Changed the SC functions to end SC in helix tier 1, in order to extend the MB window.

15/12/2018 Update:
Fixed a bug with nuking mode not applying correctly.
By DianC 2018-12-22 17:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason, when I try to cure with Aurorastorm on, it will not swap in any gear except the elemental obi in midcast. without aurorastorm present, uses the cure midcast set as supposed to. Any ideas why?
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-22 20:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Check your gearsets, you should have your gear in sets.midcast.cure.normal and leave sets.midcast.cure empty.

normally cure spells are using sets.midcast.cure.normal, then if under aurorastorm, it will use sets.midcast.cure.weather, which is combining from sets.midcast.cure.normal.

So if you put your gear in sets.midcast.cure then that won't work.
Code
    sets.midcast.cure = {} -- Leave This Empty
    -- Cure Potency
    sets.midcast.cure.normal = set_combine(sets.midcast.casting,{

})
    sets.midcast.cure.weather = set_combine(sets.midcast.cure.normal,{
		main="Chatoyant Staff",

})  
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-05 01:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Update to SCH.lua

And it's a big one, sort of.

Add the following in the SCH_Gearsets.lua, under the modes or near the top-ish of the file:
Code
-- Setting this to true will stop the text spam, and instead display modes in a UI.
-- Currently in construction.
use_UI = true
hud_x_pos = 1400 	--important to update these if you have a smaller screen
hud_y_pos = 200		--important to update these if you have a smaller screen
hud_draggable = true
hud_font_size = 10
hud_transparency = 200 -- a value of 0 (invisible) to 255 (no transparency at all)

And update your SCH.lua and you will get:

If you prefer the HUD-less version, simply set the use_UI variable to false.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-01-05 11:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That’s hot to me.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2019-01-14 18:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This looks awesome, gave me the feel to play sch again! Your geo looks great too. Do you have any other at the moment?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 19:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »
Update to SCH.lua

And it's a big one, sort of.

Add the following in the SCH_Gearsets.lua, under the modes or near the top-ish of the file:
Code
-- Setting this to true will stop the text spam, and instead display modes in a UI.
use_UI = true
hud_x_pos = 1400 	--important to update these if you have a smaller screen
hud_y_pos = 200		--important to update these if you have a smaller screen
hud_draggable = true
hud_font_size = 10
hud_transparency = 200 -- a value of 0 (invisible) to 255 (no transparency at all)

And update your SCH.lua and you will get:

If you prefer the HUD-less version, simply set the use_UI variable to false.

Any chance this was adapted from Archiie's stuff? :p he did a similar thing for the PUP GS
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-15 00:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually no, I scavenged it from oooold Verda's smn lua. I only saw Archiie's PUP lau after that... XD
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-15 00:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
This looks awesome, gave me the feel to play sch again! Your geo looks great too. Do you have any other at the moment?

Working on RUN currently.
By Naue 2019-02-03 19:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I'm getting the following error loading the SCH_Gearsets:
Code
85:attempt to index global 'idleModes' (a nil value)

My line 85 reads:
Code
refreshType = idleModes[1] -- leave this as is

I also was just trying to play around with the different macros and none of the commands are doing anything....maybe it won't work until I fix the above error.

Sorry...I'm not the best with this stuff. Would appreciate any help you can provide.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-02-04 03:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit up from that line, there is a line that should be
Code

This needs to be be somewhere above that line 85 that is erroring for you. You can add or remove modes in the { } but it can't be missing or empty. Need at least the refresh mode.

Can you check if you are missing that?
 Ragnarok.Pesh
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Pesh 2019-02-04 10:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for this lua. It is absolutely life changing on SCH. Your work is much appreciated!
By Naue 2019-02-04 22:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »
A bit up from that line, there is a line that should be
Code

This needs to be be somewhere above that line 85 that is erroring for you. You can add or remove modes in the { } but it can't be missing or empty. Need at least the refresh mode.

Can you check if you are missing that?

Yes! That’s what I was missing. I deleted it along with some other optional language by accident...I’m HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE lol

Thank you so much
By Naue 2019-02-28 03:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't for the life of me figure out why my merlinic hood won't swap in as a precast piece for nukes. I don't see precast nuke specific set, and I have it listed in sets.precast.casting.

It is swapping in for other spells...but not nukes.

*Edit* I dropped merlinic into sets.precast.grimoire = { and now it swaps in as a precast to nukes...I am so confused lol. Not even sure what grimoire is. Sorry if this is obvious stuff.
Code
 sets.precast.casting = {
	main="Marin Staff +1",
	sub="Elder's Grip +1",
    ammo="Impatiens",
    body="Mallquis Saio +1",
	head="Merlinic Hood",
    hands="Mallquis Cuffs +1",
    legs="Kaykaus Tights",
    feet="Mallquis Clogs +1",
    neck="Nuna Gorget",
    waist="Witful Belt",
    left_ear="Flashward Earring",
    right_ear="Mendi. Earring",
    left_ring="Mallquis Ring",
    right_ring="Jhakri Ring",
    back="Pahtli Cape",
    }
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-02-28 04:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Naue said: »
I can't for the life of me figure out why my merlinic hood won't swap in as a precast piece for nukes. I don't see precast nuke specific set, and I have it listed in sets.precast.casting.

It is swapping in for other spells...but not nukes.

*Edit* I dropped merlinic into sets.precast.grimoire = { and now it swaps in as a precast to nukes...I am so confused lol. Not even sure what grimoire is. Sorry if this is obvious stuff.

Ah, I guess, my description wasn't clear enough or it required a bit or prior gearswap quirks knowledge.
Code
    -- When spell school is aligned with grimoire, swap relevent pieces -- Can also use Arbatel +1 set here if you value 1% quickcast procs per piece. (2+ pieces)  
    -- Dont set_combine here, as this is the last step of the precast, it will have sorted all the needed pieces already based on type of spell.
    -- Then only swap in what under this set after everything else. 
    sets.precast.grimoire = {
		head="Peda. M.Board +3",
		feet="Academic's loafers +3",
    }

Grimoire is when you cast a spell aligned with the correct Arts for example Nuking in Dark Arts, or Healing in Light Arts. And since there is 2 pieces of my gear in the template as an example... the set tries to swap those slots to those pieces, so if you don't have them, it fails to swap those slots.

This set is named sets.precast.grimoire because it should only contain gear that gives grimoire bonus. (see Relic Hat +1 for example)

Completely clearing the grimoire set like such:
Code
    sets.precast.grimoire = {

}

If you don't have those pieces should also solve your issue if i am not mistaken.
By Naue 2019-02-28 11:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes sense! I’m not sure the situational significance, but I’m fairly new to SCH.

Thank you so much for replying quick.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-02-28 22:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Naue said: »
That makes sense! I’m not sure the situational significance, but I’m fairly new to SCH.

We value grimoire bonus over generic fast cast when applicable because it affect recast time in a different term than fast cast, and is not halved in the calculation.

To put it simply, in general it will mean shorter recasts while still having capped fast cast if your fast cast set is built right.

The way my LUA is built is so that if you nuke in DA, you would equip grimoire bonus head for example from the grimoire set, but if you need to cast a cure to save someone while in DA, it'll use the best options from the fast cast set since in that case grimoire is not applicable.
By Naue 2019-03-01 11:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh I get it. Thanks for explaining...I’m liking the depth of sch and it’s awesome to have such a fleshed out LUA
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
By Gheldomel 2019-05-12 02:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like this lua. It does streamline the job quite a bit. One problem I'm having is with the nukes though. I put the console command in either as a bind or in an ingame macro, but because there is no specified target, it produces an error. What am I supposed to use for targeting?
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-05-12 04:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Gheldomel said: »
I really like this lua. It does streamline the job quite a bit. One problem I'm having is with the nukes though. I put the console command in either as a bind or in an ingame macro, but because there is no specified target, it produces an error. What am I supposed to use for targeting?

As per the first post. Install the shortcuts add-on. It's required. No setup needed, just having it installed from the windower add-on menu is all good.
By Gheldomel 2019-05-12 15:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much! I knew I was missing something, but didn't realize it was right there at the top of the post >_>'. I should have caught that, so I'm sorry. I had this problem w/ other lua since returning, but didn't know what it was, and manually changed all of the inputs. Ty again for making SCH way more easy/awesome, and also for the quick reply
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-05-28 15:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Update to SCH.lua

Update to SCH_Gearsets.lua

Need to update both files this time around as some parts in the top of the gearset file changed. None of the sets changed though so it's safe to just copy paste the top part down to where the sets begin.

You can now set your preferred font in the gearset file for all you Comic Sans MS lovers.
Code
use_UI = true
hud_x_pos = 1400    --important to update these if you have a smaller screen
hud_y_pos = 200     --important to update these if you have a smaller screen
hud_draggable = true
hud_font_size = 10
hud_font = 'Impact'

New functions allows to set the wanted element directly skipping the cycle function.
Code

gs c nuke Ice                   Set Element Type to Ice DO NOTE the Element needs a Capital letter. 
        gs c nuke Air                   Set Element Type to Air DO NOTE the Element needs a Capital letter. 
        gs c nuke Dark                  Set Element Type to Dark DO NOTE the Element needs a Capital letter. 
        gs c nuke Light                 Set Element Type to Light DO NOTE the Element needs a Capital letter. 
        gs c nuke Earth                 Set Element Type to Earth DO NOTE the Element needs a Capital letter. 
        gs c nuke Lightning             Set Element Type to Lightning DO NOTE the Element needs a Capital letter. 
        gs c nuke Water                 Set Element Type to Water DO NOTE the Element needs a Capital letter. 
        gs c nuke Fire                  Set Element Type to Fire DO NOTE the Element needs a Capital letter.

New HUD Revamp (better back end, Thanks Arrchie!)
Now can press ALT-END to toggle light mode using less screen real estate:

New HUD related functions:
Code
        HUD Functions:
        gs c hud hide                   Toggles the Hud entirely on or off
        gs c hud hidemode               Toggles the Modes section of the HUD on or off
        gs c hud hidescholar            Toggles the Scholar section of the HUD on or off
        gs c hud light                  Toggles the HUD in lightweight style for less screen estate usage. Also on ALT-END
        gs c hud keybinds               Toggles Display of the HUD keybindings (my defaults) You can change just under the binds in the Gearsets file.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-05-29 06:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Added Color coded On/Off on the toggle for clarity at a glance (especially helpful in lite mode)

Standard:

Lite: (ALT-END toggles it)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8