First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Slycooper
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slycooper
By Odin.Slycooper 2018-10-10 22:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So back on topic for now.....

Did this last night with a JP group and solo on my SAM spamming Ingrid.

JP group we did all of the bosses. I was 2/9 on drops. I got a Cipher and a Polarm from that group.

Solo I was 3/18 on drops. I got 1,000 gil, cipher, and bayld points.

Uses standard key item to enter.

When entering will give the normal SR option or a list of the bosses with stars next to their name if you beat them solo.

Hope this helps!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-10 22:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slycooper said: »
So back on topic for now.....

Did this last night with a JP group and solo on my SAM spamming Ingrid.

JP group we did all of the bosses. I was 2/9 on drops. I got a Cipher and a Polarm from that group.

Solo I was 3/18 on drops. I got 1,000 gil, cipher, and bayld points.

Uses standard key item to enter.

When entering will give the normal SR option or a list of the bosses with stars next to their name if you beat them solo.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for info.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-10 23:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

1/4 on box, with a max augment purgation
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-10-11 00:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping this would help me get the last few pieces I needed maxed. My hopes were crushed. Soloed almost all of 'em and got nothing so far. I'd be better off spamming with a party, at least that way I'm getting something and kills go quicker.

The drop rate is way too low to be worthwhile, but knowing SE they'll make a campaign to give better chance at decanters. I went in with a positive attitude, but I've got no hope in getting what I want anytime soon as it stands.

PS: A few groups on Cerb going in at once causes congestion. This is one of the smallest servers and I'm having to wait because of two other groups. SE really .. must have been smokin' .. some really strong stuff when they implemented this.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-11 00:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That instance in particular is miserable for congestion. You can get "the hands of darkness" *** with not a single other group in the zone. Hundreds of times I've been in the only active group in zone and the leader would be bitching about "can't enter hands of darkness"

The transporter is notorious for failing to spawn too.

As for the drop rate, you understand the situation. It's purposely terrible so that the can give it a campaign so everyone will be like "oh yay thank you this was such a good idea to give it a campaign!"
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-10-11 00:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't instances handled by a separate server?
By geigei 2018-10-11 01:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The entry is *** up, waiting forever/failing even though 1 party, drop rate is horrible: 2/30ish, gj SE.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-11 04:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
The drop rate is way too low to be worthwhile
Such a drop rate would be fine if the items you receive were always max aug.
That way yes, you have a low droprate and yes you can't pick the item you want, but if it's always perf and you keep spamming it, eventually you gonna get what you need.

Granted that it's probably still slightly better than spamming normal SR, for people who need just a couple of items.

For instance I have practically every perf aug items from SR (that's how much I spammed it...) Minus Samnuha Coat and Samnuha Tights (both are Perf-1 but not Perf).
In a scenario like this it's probably worth it, for people like me, to spam Teodor like there's no tomorrow.
Low chances of getting what I want but, probably, still better chances than I'd get by doing the regular SR.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-11 17:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you supposed to come out once you killed a boss btw?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-11 17:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The fireflies temp item, whatever its called for SR
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-11 17:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

uuh, I thought that was meant as a backup, not default exit means lol
[+]
 Odin.Slycooper
user: Slycooper
By Odin.Slycooper 2018-10-11 17:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are a constant player and have people to go burn SR then doing one solo boss is not the best thing.

If you are a solo player who sometimes cannot beat another boss. (Player skill and job comes into play here.) Then it would be better and have a higher use of bayld for you to do the solo runs.

You will get the item (or the bayld return of 1k if I remember right if you get crap) quicker if you do normal SR runs.

This was mostly made for solo players who do not have groups, or low population servers.

The amount of runs you would have to do for a single chance of an item dropping to you and then it is not 100% it will be the item you need. The solo runs can drop the item, ciphers, craft mats, or gil.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-11 18:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So far 0/9 drops, looking promising :3
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-11 18:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
uuh, I thought that was meant as a backup, not default exit means lol

It should auto exit you... but square did it so... it wouldn't be working properly without the classic "square enix (extra) step"
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-11 19:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It resets the zone timer to six minutes for auto exit. The reasoning is that people might have full inventory and not be able to receive a decanter. The timer allows people to sort their inventory — about the only thing they did right on this event’s modifications.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-11 20:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If your inventory is full, too god damn bad. Stop having full inventory.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-10-11 20:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
about the only thing they did right on this event’s modifications.

nope. the added time is probably contributing to the added entry delay and bugged selection on the butterflies

at least the original method forced you out of the zone.

i can already see people killing the boss, not seeing their item drop and saying F THIS and walking away from computer
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-11 20:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. You cannot be allowed to CHOSE when you exit. That's what happened with LogWatch and I know how much we all love waiting for "that guy" to empty his treasure box.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2018-10-11 23:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a few runs. 1/34. Crap aug on the drop I got too.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-10-12 00:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As an addendum to sek's post. We had 4 players present total for those 34 runs.

Me: 3/34
My Alt: 3/34
Sek's alt: 6/34

Add in sek's as well and we have 13/136. Or a 9.55% chance to get a decanter at all.

Out of those 13 decanters one was a maxed aug, and I think we may have been lucky there.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-12 00:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Working as intended.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-12 01:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

~10% drop rate sounds a bit far from what their description claimed.
"while you’ll be able to choose your foes in the new system, there’s a chance you may not reap any spoils" is seriously misleading to say the least.
It's not a chance of not obtaining a spoil, it's rather a chance to obtain it.

With ~10% drop rate and ~10% HQ rate and ~20% chance of it being the item you wanted I'm not sure it's worth it to spend the 5k Bayld.

But then again random is random, despite these bad odds maybe it's still better than regular SR where you have still ~20% chance of being the item you want out of ~33% chance of the Target you want to appear and with a <10% (5%?) chance of it being perf aug.
Anybody want to do the math? I suck with this stuff.

On a hunch I would say that if you just need 1-2 items from one specific boss and nothing else, it's probably still slightly better chances of obtaining what you want rather than doing regular SR.
Regardless, to add more numbers I did 9 runs yesterday, zero spoils. (seems in line with the ~10% reported so far)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-12 01:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also since it's a personal drop, I assume TH does absolutely nothing, correct?
[+]
By geigei 2018-10-12 01:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They just copied the 6min from skirmish, it has no use.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-12 01:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

(trying really hard not to roll my eyes out of my head)

Asura.Sechs said: »
"while you’ll be able to choose your foes in the new system, there’s a chance you may not reap any spoils" is seriously misleading to say the least.
It's not a chance of not obtaining a spoil, it's rather a chance to obtain it.

To SE, these things are the same thing. 1% drop rate means theres "a chance it wont drop". They've played these word games before, I guess i'm numb to it by now. They stayed on cue with exactly how SR is designed. A random fight fest with random results. They were not going to implement an improvement system, because then system 1 would become obsolete. It was just an alternative to the original. You notice the new vagary does not work with ROE right? Because then people would solo vagary for roe/KI/spoils and never do the group version, and get free platemails (see aman trove).

When I called this *** out on the announcement of this, people thought I was complaining and overreacting. You have to be alert to the code words they were using. The whole "there's a chance that you won't receive spoils" is SE coded language for "The drop rate is ***". Don't ever fall for that nonsense of them using words like "chance". That just means its set horribly low.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-12 04:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
As an addendum to sek's post. We had 4 players present total for those 34 runs.

Me: 3/34
My Alt: 3/34
Sek's alt: 6/34

Add in sek's as well and we have 13/136. Or a 9.55% chance to get a decanter at all.

Out of those 13 decanters one was a maxed aug, and I think we may have been lucky there.
Nice doing random NMs on my end my alt got 2 decanters. One with ***augs and a cipher everyone had already.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-12 06:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I say the same thing every update.

Oh look another mount. Another cosmetic item. Another thing to waste time that should've been spent on something broken. Their priorities are assbackwards.

Literally doesn't matter though, there are no customer repercussions. So, enjoy what you got, it really is the best they can do.

And don't forget to praise them when they make the campaign in November, doubling drop rates.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-12 07:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I say the same thing every update.

Oh look another mount. Another cosmetic item. Another thing to waste time that should've been spent on something broken. Their priorities are assbackwards.

Literally doesn't matter though, there are no customer repercussions. So, enjoy what you got, it really is the best they can do.

And don't forget to praise them when they make the campaign in November, doubling drop rates.
I see your point.