New REMA Augments (Full List)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New REMA Augments (Full List)
New REMA Augments (Full List)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-10 23:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, it's always been a complaint. Just not worth actually complaining about.

Not just that, but until Utu Grip it felt like 1h was "cheating" by being able to get DEX+50 in the offhand. Utu grip certainly leveled that out, but it still wasn't a huge deal and it was how things worked so whatever. But this update told 1h to *** right off. I was so hyped for Twash/Gandring, which is probably still BiS, but Gandring is just a really boring HP/ACC offhand, it sure isn't worth the 400m+ price tag for what it is. And since this is the "final" update to weapons...we're not going to get a new one, we're not going to see a better one. They just ruined the nice synergy of my weapons, and ruined NIN's hopes of ever getting a real offhand. And it *** sucks.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-10 23:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm, thought you could only pick one aug.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-10 23:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

still probably better off with aenas/twash than twash/something else. su5 aren't even good for most 2H jobs either. and it isn't like aftermath affecting one hand is new, I don't see why it's a complaint all of a sudden for you. h2h doesn't even get triple damage procs on additional hits.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 23:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Brah. You get them all. You don't choose.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 23:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Gandring is just a really boring HP/ACC offhand, it sure isn't worth the 400m+ price tag for what it is.

Spoiler, it wouldn't have been worth what you paid for it if it literally made you ***gold nuggets, lol.
By volkom 2018-09-10 23:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Been sick if stats carried on offhand but also allow all/some of the jobs to be included on the weapon in the final form. I'd like to see cor with annihilator or war with a caladbolg or even ninja with masamune. Like...what's the point of having all those extra combat skills if a master leveled job cant use any of the high tier weapons.

Also monks should be able to use grips with h2h or treat h2h weapons as either a single or paired weapon. Having sphairai + God hands might be neat or any other combo might be neat to see
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-10 23:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Gandring is just a really boring HP/ACC offhand, it sure isn't worth the 400m+ price tag for what it is.

Spoiler, it wouldn't have been worth what you paid for it if it literally made you ***gold nuggets, lol.

That's not true. Improved Rudra's mainhand with follow up attack offhand would have been worth at least a 300mil or so, I just paid extra cause a friend loaned me the gil and I wanted to be big leagues, lol.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-10 23:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should we work so hard for so little improvement?

FFXI has always been about little improvement, on most of the gears at least.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-11 00:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Womp womp

Speaking of gil, you still owe me 10mil.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-11 00:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Why should we work so hard for so little improvement?

FFXI has always been about little improvement, on most of the gears at least.

Too much for me this time. Guess I'll slowly chip away at the job points thing, but there's really no rush to get +6 damage for my Aeneas.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-11 00:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Womp womp

Speaking of gil, you still owe me 10mil.

I can get you 10mil off a wave 3 boss clear.

Cute, but you still owe me actual 10mil gil.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-09-11 01:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see why they made the augments main hand only for SU5 weaps. Since the idea of SU5 weapons wasn't to make RMEA stronger, it was to make a set of weapons that are somewhat comparable. Allowing you to offhand them with some of those augments would have done the exact opposite of that.

That said, it's also clear to see that they executed it all extremely poorly and overall just added a bunch of overpriced garbage that few people will bother with, and those that do will just use them as trophies. Making weapons that are comparable to RMEA without being on the same level is stupid in and of itself since RMEAs are some of the easiest to obtain endgame items these days, and making the augments so hit or miss flies in the face of their original goal to begin with.

So yeah. I can see what they wanted to do, in theory. But in practice they *** it all up in every way possible, which at this point is nothing unexpected. The XI team lost all of its talent years ago, they're operating on the scraps of saltine crackers handed down by management and expecting anything groundbreaking and truly innovative at this point is akin to waiting for the second coming of Christ.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-11 01:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I can see why they made the augments main hand only for SU5 weaps. Since the idea of SU5 weapons wasn't to make RMEA stronger, it was to make a set of weapons that are somewhat comparable. Allowing you to offhand them with some of those augments would have done the exact opposite of that.

That said, it's also clear to see that they executed it all extremely poorly and overall just added a bunch of overpriced garbage that few people will bother with, and those that do will just use them as trophies. Making weapons that are comparable to RMEA without being on the same level is stupid in and of itself since RMEAs are some of the easiest to obtain endgame items these days, and making the augments so hit or miss flies in the face of their original goal to begin with.

So yeah. I can see what they wanted to do, in theory. But in practice they *** it all up in every way possible, which at this point is nothing unexpected. The XI team lost all of its talent years ago, they're operating on the scraps of saltine crackers handed down by management and expecting anything groundbreaking and truly innovative at this point is akin to waiting for the second coming of Christ.

I know FFXI doesn't have a good track record, but this is still mind-blowing to me. Why even bother creating 20 new weapons if only like 3 of them will ever be used in ANY scenario?

This would have been fine if they were cheaper to produce than REMAs, weren't locked behind Escutcheon shields, weren't locked behind Dynamis materials, or didn't rely on HQ2s. All of these factors make this weapon line almost completely useless.

Like why would anybody work twice as hard to obtain a weapon that is worse than a single REMA weapon? (Beyond epeen.)

It's just a colossal ***-up.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-11 01:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not even a matter of developer laziness or lack of resources. It's a matter of how little the staff understand the current state of the game. The new weapons have cool ideas behind them, but SE deliberately created a situation where they are categorically inferior to other options, including in price.

It's as if they don't understand that "more difficult to obtain" should correlate with "usefulness of item". I wouldn't care if the weapons were like... in the 50-100m range. That's probably the HQ2s' true worth.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-11 01:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
It's just a colossal ***-up.

Square's MO for a while

What hasn't been a colossal *** up since SoA? While they aren't all abject failures, they're certainly not "well done".

One step forward, eleven steps back.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 02:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Relic are the most interesting ones.
Not sure if this makes Relic BiS for some category if they weren't already, probably not, but it surely reduces the gap and makes many of those weapons much more "fun"
It's a shame though, they really really missed a chance with Mythic augs.

I guess with Aeonic as well. They needed to make custom augments.
For instance on stuff with good WS (like Lionheart) put something else instead of Resolution+10%, and on stuff like Aeneas put something more than just 10% to Extenterator, which is not even nearly enough to what would be necessary to make Exenterator... I don't even mean "good" but at least less garbage than it already is.
10% hardly changes anything for stuff that's so bad.

The same applies to other bad WSs alas.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-11 02:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Looks like Relic are the most interesting ones.
Not sure if this makes Relic BiS for some category if they weren't already, probably not, but it surely reduces the gap and makes many of those weapons much more "fun"
It's a shame though, they really really missed a chance with Mythic augs.

I guess with Aeonic as well. They needed to make custom augments.
For instance on stuff with good WS (like Lionheart) put something else instead of Resolution+10%, and on stuff like Aeneas put something more than just 10% to Extenterator, which is not even nearly enough to what would be necessary to make Exenterator... I don't even mean "good" but at least less garbage than it already is.
10% hardly changes anything for stuff that's so bad.

The same applies to other bad WSs alas.

See that's another thing. If Gandring follow up attack worked in offhand, Mandau would actually be a REALLY interesting mainhand with crit rate/dmg+5% and TA damage+10%, since iirc Mandau aftermath actually does work for offhand. It would have created a scenario where Relic or Empy could potentially be viable in different places instead of one set being ideal in nearly all scenarios.

They should have released the upgrades one month at a time. Only unlocked them through Dyna-D-Sandy, next month Dyna-D-Bastok, etc. and allowed each weapon to be more unique instead of the same stupid pattern on basically everything except relic.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-11 02:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm, it might, idk

it definitely should not, but I won't ever be glowing mandau to find out
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 02:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If "we don't have enough time" is their reasoning for such bland augments on everything that is non relic, then yes they should've delayed the release maybe.

Regardless I think I would've been fine with "same stupid pattern" for like 90% of the weapons. But at least some of them NEEDED some custom stuff. Be it unique stats or higher/lower bonuses.
They didn't have to do that for EVERY single weapon if they really were so low on time/resourcers.

But whatevers, what is done is done, too late to complain now of course.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-11 02:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
If "we don't have enough time" is their reasoning for such bland augments on everything that is non relic, then yes they should've delayed the release maybe.

Regardless I think I would've been fine with "same stupid pattern" for like 90% of the weapons. But at least some of them NEEDED some custom stuff. Be it unique stats or higher/lower bonuses.
They didn't have to do that for EVERY single weapon if they really were so low on time/resourcers.

But whatevers, what is done is done, too late to complain now of course.

its NEVER too late to complain. It's never too late to stop paying for substandard effort. You just don't want to.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 02:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more like I don't care, not that much at least.
I was enjoying this game before this patch, not like an increase in potency for my REMA done wrong is gonna change anything.
Besides, an increase is an increase as small/badly done as it may be.

Plus the necks are mostly awesome.
I'm just seriously concerned with the huge amount of gil necessary and how, knowing me, owning NQ or HQ1 would simply not make me feel good, for some jobs at least.

At the same it's alas beyond my reach to get all the +2s I'd want, I can't even afford one at this very moment.
So yeah, that is my biggest concern atm, but again not something that stops the enjoyment I get from this game. It's just some bitter, sour taste in my mouth but it ends there.
[+]
By geigei 2018-09-11 02:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like all the good augments are for crafted weapons?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 03:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Looks like all the good augments are for crafted weapons?
Yeah, and until we completely understand how they work I wouldn't really dismiss them as "omg ***".
In before 6 months from now someone comes out with detailed tests and some of them become the new rage! Lol

Relic got cool "unique" augments for every weapon as well.
Empy/Aeonic/Mythic got mostly very bland stuff instead. Real shame especially for Mythic, which used to be the most "unique" and job specific weapons of them all.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Godsmack
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Godsmack 2018-09-11 03:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems a realms of jova update. broken rolls and nothing worth it.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-09-11 04:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you do the divergence augs too plz

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12