New REMA Augments (Full List)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New REMA Augments (Full List)
New REMA Augments (Full List)
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 20:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Even still, COR is the exception. No 1h su5 is viable for any job with a rema melee weapon. Cor is the lone exception here because they have no rema for melee. That should not be the basis of balance.
By Afania 2018-09-14 20:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Afania is arguing that a Corsair that has top of the line gear, augments, rema guns and multiple su5 would be broken. And I think going through all that effort to lead parse on a handful of fights more power to them. In most situation Corsair does not have access to the macc and malaise to Leaden, and multiple su5 means they're using evisceration or last stand, which are weaker ws that likely won't be destroying on the parse.

It's less about I feel strongly about one job being OP in dyna D being the end of the world or something.

it's more about I 500% agree with this:

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
There are many jobs that will benefit heavily from these augments. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that every job should benefit the same amount from a particular patch. Power creep comes and goes on different jobs, that's how it's always been.

Power creep comes and goes on different jobs, that's how it's always been, So does small increase and sidegrades in ffxi.

You guys are complaining about something that's part of ffxi for 15 years.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-14 20:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, you miss the entirety of the point

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Rostam needs a nerf regardless where it works. It's leaps and bounds above the rest. It's the only one you can actually use. (aside from macro pieces)

Why didn't ranger get an SU5 Axe? I don't get how they got a dagger and not a gun. mindblowing.

Square literally *** up. Rostam shouldn't exist. It should be a gun. For some reason they decided it was ok to give special treatment to cor.

Cors melee weapons are their "offhands" so to speak. If they can wield SU5 AND rema, then SU5 should work offhand, at the bare minimum.

(but crafted s5 is a stupid *** idea in the first place, so there is that too)
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-14 20:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, you miss the entirety of the point

Rostam needs a nerf regardless where it works. It's leaps and bounds above the rest. It's the only one you can actually use. (aside from macro pieces)

Why didn't ranger get an SU5 Axe? I don't get how they got a dagger and not a gun. mindblowing.

Square literally *** up. Rostam shouldn't exist. It should be a gun.

No, I didn't miss your point. I just said Rostam is OP pages ago.

That doesn't change the fact that I feel people QQ too much this update, and it's not because I won the update like LoH claimed, but because the power creep and grind isn't particularly bad compare with gears in the past.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 20:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And as I have said multiple times, which jobs got potential upgrades? Are they the jobs who needed them? Did the top jobs get nothing across the board? Because that pretty much isn't the case. None of the 1h jobs are already at the top, and them working in offhand would have likely evened things up more than make the OP jobs more OP.
By Afania 2018-09-14 20:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

And as I have said multiple times, which jobs got potential upgrades? Are they the jobs who needed them? Did the top jobs get nothing across the board? Because that pretty much isn't the case. None of the 1h jobs are already at the top, and them working in offhand would have likely evened things up more than make the OP jobs more OP.

1h DD not on top is also how the game functions in past 15 years.

So why QQ this hard now?

But whatever. I already made my point, and I'm not even disagreeing with you about thf got less increase this update. I just don't get why this update QQ has been on for so long when ffxi has been like that since launch.
By Afania 2018-09-14 20:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Does anybody remember when Afania ***up just about every thread possible with "BLU is way too OP" back when they were meta? I sure do.

Random name calling out of nowhere?

I didn't start those thread. I only participate in discussion start by someone else and made my points about balance, which went on and on into ***mode because other side disagrees with the point. Like how I post about Rostam being OP just now.

God forbid people participate in forum discussion about balance.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 20:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

So why QQ this hard now?

Because I now own a 490 million Gil VIRTUAL PAPERWEIGHT I purchased only upon seeing the teaser augments that then came through with a first ever "mainhand only" augment.
By Afania 2018-09-14 21:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So why QQ this hard now?

Because I now own a 490 million Gil VIRTUAL PAPERWEIGHT I purchased only upon seeing the teaser augments that then came through with a first ever "mainhand only" augment.

Yes, I got it, and pages ago I already said I understand your frustration and the reason behind it

But if you didn't spend 490m on su5, will you still think 1h is in such a sorry stat that you described? Think again.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 21:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, because they made the only good offhand for daggers the BiS mainhand for me. So now I have to use the 2nd best mainhand as my mainhand because I don't have any good offhand options. How can I have access to 5 ultimate weapons and only one is a good *** offhand?
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-14 21:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Your argument is based on how many rema utilized, not about its relative performance in pt.

I'm not aware thf falls that far behind unless this update changed DDhierarchy so much. And even if 1h ended up falling that behind(like nin), there are still different ways to fix them...change ws formula, implement mechanics that favors it etc.

Why is it an absolute requirement to fix 1h by making su5 works offhand across the board, besides the fact that you no longer wasted gil on it?

Tl;dr: this entire su5 offhand argument are too personal and completely based on gil and cost.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 21:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I was making the less personal arguments earlier. And made it on my post on SE official forums: I only get half the effect of a weapon. Aftermath only in mainhand, or follow up attack only in mainhand. 2h user gets it in both. My offhand is now a stat stick comparable to Utu Grip but my ultimate weapons are not at full power. And I had to go through twice the effort to make those weapons and get ***for it. It's bad game design, period. If aftermath worked on both hands then maybe I could accept it, but nope.
By Afania 2018-09-14 21:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Every job requiring different effort to gear up or has different dps ceiling is not necessarily bad game design in my opinion. But thats another discussion and not even about the effort required for this update anymore. Nor I'm interested in such discussion that will probably go on for another 10 pages of debate.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 21:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue is less about effort to gear up as options in gearing up. A couple years ago 1h were in a good place, so a +50 Dex offhand felt like cheating so no complaints. Utu grip evened that out and 2h got the gear to be top tier DD again. And now 2h mainhands are getting stronger but 1h DD only get half the boost. That's bad design.
By Afania 2018-09-14 21:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In ffxi 2h has been on top for very long time. It just swings back to that direction. Still not convinced it's bad design, more like a direction that won't make career 1h player happy,
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 21:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Me: Here is an unbalanced mechanic.

Afania: Well 2h always best so just deal with being unhappy.

Do you understand how it's bad game design to make your players unhappy?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-14 21:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

you seem to be the only one upset by this only working in main hand thing and act like you got hit with a nerf gun because you bought a mystery box
By volkom 2018-09-14 21:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

let drk dual wield 2handers
By Afania 2018-09-14 21:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Me: Here is an unbalanced mechanic.

Afania: Well 2h always best so just deal with being unhappy.

Do you understand how it's bad game design to make your players unhappy?

If 1h provides utility, then it's not bad design. There are also no evidence of 1h being in such a horrible stat If you consider utility, mayyyyybbbbeeee except NIN. But that's more of ws issue rather than how dw works.

Players are always unhappy, like what we read in this thread. If SE hand su5 to everyone's inbox and make su5 FA +100% offhand, they will still complain.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 21:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If it provides utility. Because totally haven't seen a SAM able to tank+DD Kirin. Totally haven't had warrior and DRK tank Omen and Dynamis D. The utility argument only works if it's actually there. Most jobs bring some form of utility. It's not like 1h are only ones with utility and 2h are mindless DPS that offer nothing but a number.
By Marootsoobootsu 2018-09-14 21:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Better solution: Path A/B are halved-values compared to two-handers, and Path C is all utility. Everything works off-hand.
By Afania 2018-09-14 21:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally don't feel thf is in a bad position, that's my point. Unless this update change hierarchy so much, does it?

Marootsoobootsu said: »
Better solution: Path A/B are halved-values compared to two-handers, and Path C is all utility. Everything works off-hand.

That's how I originally thought SE would do tbh.

Still DW Rostam 48 DT though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-09-14 21:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally don't feel thf is in a bad position, that's my point. Unless this update change hierarchy so much, does it?

I personally think it swapped it from:

Aeonic > Empy > Mythic > Relic
to
Aeonic > Empy > Relic > Mythic.

For melee jobs anyway.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 22:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not. But I wanted choices. I wanted a change. Twashtar mainhand would have been neat, but now it's a big loss since I have nothing to toss in the offhand. There was so much potential in these augments, I even would have found a use for path C. But mainhand only ruins all of it.

Twashtar is almost certainly THF's best dagger for main and off now. With it not being the mainhand because there's nothing else that does much for offhand.
[+]
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2018-09-14 22:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Lady's frustration stems from the perspective of this being their chance to balance the game without directly altering mechanics. They don't often alter or rework abilities/ws anymore, and when they do they're clueless (hi mnk).

So their best course is gear. Making these augs main hand only only leaves this game's "meta" in the same boring place it's been for years.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-14 22:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, guys, they are totally adjusting all the jobs soon.
They'll fix everything, super serious.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-14 22:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds to me they're frustrated they spent 400M on a piece of crap
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 22:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
sounds to me they're frustrated they spent 400M on a piece of crap

490m, and I have literally said that. I only bought it because of the teased augments. If I knew it was mainhand only I would have saved my Gil, but I would still be frustrated.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-09-14 22:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping them mainland only prevents some jobs from having the full benefits of 2 rmea weapons. Unless we see an overhaul on weapons that can't be dual wielded, no thanks.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12