2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » September 2018 Version Update
September 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29
By Aerix 2018-09-12 21:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
changed to drk, first hit 156. if it raised cap to even get one base damage, my lowest hit would be 157.

floor(41 * 3.75) = 153
floor(42 * 3.75) = 157

Then Geriond's numbers do seem kinda off, I suppose. I can't think of anything else that would affect fSTR, unless Earth Staff specifically is bugged with regard to Weapon Rank. But that's really grasping at straws.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-12 22:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking he was wearing some kind of gear with Lizard Killer on it (Founder's Breastplate or something.)
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-12 22:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

Yes the mask KIs are permanent. You lose the 1st Dark Mask when it upgrades to Light and get it again when you kill another fetter. You do not lose the Mask of Light KI after you start upgrading RMEA.

My theory is each time you kill the mega or deal 30M damage to fill the meter, it rewards you with a M. in personal which would explain why we randomly saw it after killing 2nd fetter and why it gives you a Dark Mask KI again after you already have Light.

To back you up, here's a rundown of what happened for me in our last Jeuno run. Keep in mind that I'd cleared it a few times already:

Kill Fetter #1: Gain Light and Dark Mask, Dark Mask is immediately lost.
Kill Fetter #2: Dark Mask is gained and instantaneously filled (and immediately lost again, if I remember correctly), giving a personal M. Detritus.
Kill Fetter #3: Dark mask is gained again and an empty meter appears.
Fetters #4-8: Nothing.
Mega Boss: Dark Mask meter fills as the group damages boss. It does not fill automatically upon defeat of boss.
[+]
By hobo 2018-09-12 23:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So double checking the augments listed for the su5 weapons those are for rank 25 right? Just want to make sure I am the right level of disappointed for getting a +1.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2018-09-13 03:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Mega Boss: Dark Mask meter fills as the group damages boss. It does not fill automatically upon defeat of boss.
Aren't people reporting that your meter goes up from killing any mobs in the zone? T1 trash included. Or is that only for necks?
Only if you didnt clear wave 3 boss before update.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2018-09-13 04:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The confusion is happening because killing a fetter is treated as an action against the boss (it modifies his -dt) and causes the "mask meter" status to evaluate.

Killing a boss requires 20mil damage be dealt and fills the "mask meter" 2/3 of the way from empty. So normally a mask state change will occur mid-fight as the 30mil threshold is met.

Necks/dyna-d weapons upgrade based on killing scrubs and normal NM's (no bosses or fetters), multiple concurrent upgrades seem possible with the point allocation split evenly between worn pieces.

The question is whether REMA weapons will work the same way? It'll take a couple of days to see as it was impossible to tell as in order to upgrade them you need to talk to oboro with a mask KI in your possession.
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
Server: Ragnarok
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2018-09-13 04:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what's BLU D-weapon path C augments?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-13 07:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So we're still not sure exactly what part the PDL augments then?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-13 08:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So draumstafir has an interesting path c set of augments that I have no clue on and need help testing.

Currently at rank 12 and planning on pissing gil for overpriced Crystals for a higher aug to test with.

The doubles blood pact effect augment does not seem to do what the old empyrean set bonus does. I did not see double duration hastega nor double potency war cry. I didn't track mp loss though. I sat there spamming hastega/war cry with the ingame buff timer showing and checking my own attack rating in between pacts.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-13 08:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So since "double attacks" means double damage.

There's a significant chance that "double pacts" means double damage.

"poor translation"
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-09-13 08:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if anyone can answer this or not yet. But my group has yet to get Wave 3 clears so I was considering starting one weapon on the JP hoop path while we work on a zone that doesn't correspond with the weapon I start the JP path on. Is that possible or will Oboro just make you quit one to start a different one?
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2018-09-13 09:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Physical Damage Limit seems to be a misleading definition. Physical Damage Dealt + seems more accurate with these reports. The next question is does it affect magical WS or just physical?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-13 09:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If it really is PDIF as it seems to be, it's going to affect anything that has its damage related to your attack and the target's defense.

As such, magical WSs shouldn't be affected by it. Hybrid instead should.
At least I think? I apologize in advance if I'm wrong lol.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-13 09:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So since "double attacks" means double damage.

There's a significant chance that "double pacts" means double damage.

"poor translation"
So 50% double melee damage
25% chance double pact damage?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-13 09:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's not double duration, and not double potency of wards, what else could it possibly be?

Double damage chance

Well, it could simply be broken as well, this is ffxi.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-13 09:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Double debuff potency
By Afania 2018-09-13 10:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If it's not double duration, and not double potency of wards, what else could it possibly be?

Double damage chance

Well, it could simply be broken as well, this is ffxi.

What's the JP text looks like?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-09-13 10:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
What's the JP text looks like?
たわごとと尿

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-13 11:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Not sure if anyone can answer this or not yet. But my group has yet to get Wave 3 clears so I was considering starting one weapon on the JP hoop path while we work on a zone that doesn't correspond with the weapon I start the JP path on. Is that possible or will Oboro just make you quit one to start a different one?

Progress on MB's and progress on JP's are separate and Oboro lets you donate up to 700JP split however you want among the different categories. You can treat them as two separate systems that produce the same mask KI.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-09-13 11:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Double debuff potency

This has some pretty fantastic potential honestly, under the assumption that the greater debuff overrides the lesser.

You could apply -50%ATK with Leviathan for example.. that's quite considerable and eliminates the need for defense buffs in a lot of content.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-13 11:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Have you tried any damage pacts? My first thought when I saw the augment was, double the pet's stats (STR/INT/etc).

Edit:
Found the description in japanese which is similar to what I was guessing. Looks like double the WSC.

ステータス補正二倍

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
Double debuff potency

This has some pretty fantastic potential honestly, under the assumption that the greater debuff overrides the lesser.

You could apply -50%ATK with Leviathan for example.. that's quite considerable and eliminates the need for defense buffs in a lot of content.

Speculation atm. Easiest way to test I see is smacking people with shiva's eva down.

As for double damage pacts. Easiest test I see would be netherblasting bunnies in sarut. Damage is 100% consistent.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-13 13:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 17/25 requires 1400RP

Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-13 15:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently I never actually saved my table of extrapolated RP costs per level. Time to remake in Google Sheets!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10xrGOeGiTtyiHf55yFgzVgs79yxDbv4C2LZf0zS3ifE/edit?usp=sharing

Looks like it's going off the same formula so far. So Rank 18 should require 1560 RP.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-09-13 15:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Sylph.Darkside said: »

Progress on MB's and progress on JP's are separate and Oboro lets you donate up to 700JP split however you want among the different categories. You can treat them as two separate systems that produce the same mask KI.
Thanks man! I had hoped that was the case!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-13 15:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So if Masks renew to give crystals or whatever upgrade currency, do you think if you already have a REMA unlock that donating 10k JP will get you one of the upgrade items?
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29