the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 67 68 69
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-11-27 09:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 93 Venus Orbs this campaign so far and from these 93 orbs I got the following

Total Chest Opened: 491
Loud Thud: 48 (9.78%)
Thud: 120 (24.44%)
Noise: 274 (55.80%)
Mimics: 49 (9.98%)

Although this might be a bit biased toward loud thud and mimics as I was going Loud Thud or Bust, so, either of those and I would have stop while Thud or Noise and I would have kept going.

Out of 93 Venus Orbs, I got
Belligerent Bangs: 12 (12.9%)
Rainbow Chest at Start: 3 (3.23%)

Raw Data/Screenshots
[+]
By Rips 2022-11-27 12:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the data.

I stopped using my orbs this month as I was tired of getting Sroda out the *** and I’m scared it’s taking the slot of crep stuff that I wish to sell.

I don’t know how many orbs I popped but I did a significant amount.

In regards to this campaign:

1 o sash
3 Epam rings
15 Sroda (2 are rings, 3 are belts)
3 hypapist earrings
3 Kyrene’s earring
4 nicander’s necklaces
1 meneleus’s ring
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-27 15:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My runs were all a bunch of noise until i either found the mimic or loud thud. Or loud thud at the first chest and then i left.

I think i did 6 mars orbs on 3 characters. Got sroda ammo, 2 epa rings, sroda ring, both bad pet earrings, 2 pulse weapons.

I feel like a did better than normal on seeing good drops. I didn't get anything fun that you can't buy off the AH which is kind of a bummer. If trove was like this more often, I would be very happy with it.

Edit: almost no belligerent bangs, but i got 2 on the same attempt. Or i should say i got 2 loud thuds while searching for the belligerent bang and i left before i could find it. It was weird.
By Veydal1 2022-11-27 20:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it known how belligerent bangs work exactly? What they mean / result in? Got it like 2-3 times. Doesn't seem to be common in my experience with Venus orbs.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-27 20:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, the NPC tells you. Belligerent bang means one of the remaining chests has a loud thud. Can only happen after 3rd chest onward and it will keep saying it every time you open a chest until you find the loud thud.
[+]
By Veydal1 2022-11-27 21:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha, thanks. I'm guessing it isn't a special Loud Thud then?
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-11-27 21:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Veydal1 said: »

Not at all, in screenshot no 88, I got the Belligerent Bang Loud Thud and I'm not even sure which items out of those 8 are actually from the Loud Thud lol.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2022-11-28 01:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »

Not at all, in screenshot no 88, I got the Belligerent Bang Loud Thud and I'm not even sure which items out of those 8 are actually from the Loud Thud lol.

you can have more than one loud thud per run.
By stuoobey 2022-11-28 02:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a weird one the other day, where I zoned in and only 9 chests loaded straight away, the tenth a few seconds later. I opened the 9 chests that loaded first and no mimic (well 8 chests, the 9th was a rainbow chest).

Could all be a coincidence, but never seen that before
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-11-28 02:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

stuoobey said: »
I had a weird one the other day, where I zoned in and only 9 chests loaded straight away, the tenth a few seconds later. I opened the 9 chests that loaded first and no mimic (well 8 chests, the 9th was a rainbow chest).

Could all be a coincidence, but never seen that before

I've had run where several chests didn't appear right away as well so I don't think its always the mimic, I don't recall the result though.
 Bismarck.Yvan
Server: Bismarck
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2022-11-28 11:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Some data from mine since I started keeping track. I only go for Loud thuds and always pick the same chests. 65 this month, 138 total.

Getting a Mars orb back was much higher before this month, but I only got a free one once so it's way down.

Good stuff this month was Malignance Boots, Samash Robe, Regal Gauntlets, Tartarus Platemail and a few pulse weapons.

Win 33.12%
Mars 5.10%
AJ 26.75%
OJ 24.20%
Voucher 29.94%
SP Key 14.01%
By Homsar 2022-11-28 17:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing special about the actual Loud Thuds, it's just good gambling sense to keep going when you actually know a Loud Thud will be present because they aren't always.

I just had a BB Loud Thud and got a RNG Voidfoot for it, so yeah.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2022-11-28 18:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this was a first, I got a Moogle Amplifier as my Loud Thud drop...

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-28 18:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bit more than 140 Silver Vouchers
28x Mars Orb
0x initial rainbow chests
4x recovered mars orbs (already counted above)

1x Sroda Earring
1x Kyrene Earring
3x Pulse Weapons (Delphinius, Adflictio and the Gaxe)
1x Regal Gauntlets
1x Regal Captain's Gloves
1x Tartarus Platemail

I was surprised one Loud Thud + Normal thud gave me a single drop, it was a SMN staff with 3% BP damage. Wtf lol

Didn't count the loud thuds but they've been at least 9.
I can be 100% sure on that but honestly I think it's probably a couple more.
I was going for Loud Thud and didn't stop until I found one or opened 8 normal chests.
Got Loud Thud from all of my rainbow chests
Got Loud Thud once from Terminal chest

Also another curious thing.
Got the same body (shitty one, think it's from HTBF) twice.
Got the same feet (THF/RNG/NIN/something else) THREE times. Whoa there lol
By Seun 2022-11-28 19:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

I was under the impression that all rainbow chests gave loud thuds. I've never seen anything else...

Did you mean that all your 9th chests were rainbows?
By Rips 2022-11-28 19:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bit more than 140 Silver Vouchers
28x Mars Orb
0x initial rainbow chests
4x recovered mars orbs (already counted above)

1x Sroda Earring
1x Kyrene Earring
3x Pulse Weapons (Delphinius, Adflictio and the Gaxe)
1x Regal Gauntlets
1x Regal Captain's Gloves
1x Tartarus Platemail

I was surprised one Loud Thud + Normal thud gave me a single drop, it was a SMN staff with 3% BP damage. Wtf lol

Didn't count the loud thuds but they've been at least 9.
I can be 100% sure on that but honestly I think it's probably a couple more.
I was going for Loud Thud and didn't stop until I found one or opened 8 normal chests.
Got Loud Thud once from Terminal chest

Also another curious thing.
Got the same body (shitty one, think it's from HTBF) twice.
Got the same feet (THF/RNG/NIN/something else) THREE times. Whoa there lol

All rainbow chests that you see are loud thuds. Too bad your Ashera wasn’t in it lol.

In regards to what you get, it’s all odds/luck. I’ve gone 44 orbs in a row and it was all mimics only to get an ashera and a shamash back to back. Another time I’ve got 3 Gyve Doublets in a row, and on that 3rd one, I got a 2nd loud thud with gyve trousers in it as well.

The combinations are endless. It’s all about how many orbs you can throw and crack at a wall.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-28 20:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Poggers
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-29 01:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
Too bad your Ashera wasn’t in it lol.
At this point I call it fate :-(

For the people who were questioning the Rainbow being Loud Thud now: in my experience Rainbow Chests have ALWAYS been Loud Thuds, but I read in the past weeks someone mentioning that they got Thuds from Rainbow sometimes and that it's not guaranteed so I dunno what to say.
For me they have always been loud thuds.
By Masaru 2022-11-29 01:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

For the people who were questioning the Rainbow being Loud Thud now: in my experience Rainbow Chests have ALWAYS been Loud Thuds, but I read in the past weeks someone mentioning that they got Thuds from Rainbow sometimes and that it's not guaranteed so I dunno what to say.

Same here, rainbow always loud for me, just did 60+ runs this Sunday and before as well have always been loud.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-29 01:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally did this thing some. Don't like it much, but did get an Anahera Blade.

Vyre got a Mimesis lol. Nothing super cool.

Never saw a rainbow box, but I only did like 9 runs. Did see that mimic some though. Kathwack! Dragon Quest spells in my FFXI, who woulda thunk?
By Seun 2022-11-29 02:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the issue comes in from people expecting that the 9th chest is always rainbow. That is NOT a guarantee. The 9th chest is sometimes gold(aurum).

Belligerent bang always refers to a loud thud. When the event is triggered, one of the outer chests is promoted to a rainbow chest without receiving the visual effect. The message goes away when that chest is opened. It is still possible to get a loud thud after opening the belligerent bang chest.

If you are unable to locate the chest before opening the 8th, the BB is overwritten by the final event. The event that loads gold or rainbow chest(s) when you enter can also be overwritten, both by the BB and/or the 9th chest.
[+]
By drakefs 2022-11-29 02:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Belligerent bang also refers to a loud thud. When the event is triggered, one of the outer chests is promoted to a rainbow chest without receiving the visual effect. The message goes away when that chest is opened.

If you are unable to locate the chest before opening the 8th, the BB is overwritten by the final event. The event that loads gold or rainbow chest(s) when you enter can also be overwritten, both by the BB and/or the 9th chest.

If true, that is some shitty design or lazy *** programming from SE.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-29 02:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For me the 9th chest has always been rainbow. I mean since they updated the event, not just on these last ~28 Mars Orbs.
Then again if someone claims that a Gold can pop in place of Rainbow I have no reason to not believe them.
To me, it never happened.
By Seun 2022-11-29 03:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
Seun said: »
Belligerent bang also refers to a loud thud. When the event is triggered, one of the outer chests is promoted to a rainbow chest without receiving the visual effect. The message goes away when that chest is opened.

If true, that is some shitty design or lazy *** programming from SE.

Your average player will see the colorful chest and open it immediately. It's not likely that they are trying to learn how the event works and don't really care about more than the immediate. If there were a bug in the next update and EVETY orb got the initial rainbow chest, how many people would open it and leave?

1/1

Also, I think it could play out both ways. If you entered and got a gold chest, you could ignore it and 'fish' for a belligerent bang. If you were lucky the BB would overwrite the gold chest and you'd get a loud thud.

For me the 9th chest has always been rainbow.

The 9th chest can be gold or rainbow, just like the free chest when you enter. The silver lining here is that they mixed up the proc rates. The loud thuds show up more often for both events.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-11-29 03:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

For me the 9th chest has always been rainbow. I mean since they updated the event, not just on these last ~28 Mars Orbs.
Then again if someone claims that a Gold can pop in place of Rainbow I have no reason to not believe them.

The 9th chest is rainbow 95% of the time. But it is not guaranteed. You just needed a larger sample size, I'm still working my way through 1052 vouchers before tomorrow. Two Orpheus's sashes so far from this campaign.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-29 04:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How come the second one is not in my delivery box yet?
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

On a serious note what I've been wondering is... once you open 8 chests and then a 9th turns into a rainbow/gold and the 10th chest remains the same.
Is that 10th chest gonna be a Mimic 100% of the time or... only sometimes?
By SimonSes 2022-11-29 04:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »

The 9th chest is rainbow 95% of the time. But it is not guaranteed. You just needed a larger sample size, I'm still working my way through 1052 vouchers before tomorrow. Two Orpheus's sashes so far from this campaign.

For me its more like 75% max rainbow on 9th from Mars. Maybe even less.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-11-29 05:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a Mimic 100% of the time.
By Seun 2022-11-29 05:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, there is always and only one mimic.

I made a sort of outline for this event back in April when it was adjusted. That theory still stands. Haven't seen or heard anything contrary to the info I posted back then except I would just add that the initial rainbow on entry can happen multiple times.

They increased the loud thud rate, but they also diluted the loot pool. The outcome is that Trove is more rewarding(frequency), but less rewarding(rarity). Definitely designed to hook people. SE isn't new to the gambling industry and it shows here.
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 67 68 69