Link | Quote | Reply

I swear loud thuds don’t mean anything
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-29 17:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The Terminal Coffer has a hidden Noise/Thud/LoudThud thing too.
When you get a rare drop from a series of "noise" chests, it means there was a "loud thud" in the terminal coffer.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-11-29 18:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt someone do a test of like 300 orbs or something of just opening and walked away with 5 bodies?
By Pantafernando 2020-11-29 18:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My average is around 1 omen body every 60 mars + 60 venus always aiming for Loud Thuds.
By Rips 2020-11-30 03:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I left in 2019 and came back this past summer. When I left people were selling these like hot cakes. Now, they hardly ever sell. I also see that 2m and 5m are a new common price.

Did people figure out that buying them just wasn't worth it or is the community aggregately capped out on what's needed / dropped from there? A little of column A and B?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-30 03:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
I left in 2019 and came back this past summer. When I left people were selling these like hot cakes. Now, they hardly ever sell. I also see that 2m and 5m are a new common price.

Did people figure out that buying them just wasn't worth it or is the community aggregately capped out on what's needed / dropped from there? A little of column A and B?
Spark nerf happened. Most people cant just toss out easy gil.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-30 06:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, after malignance set, much of omen bodies lost its shine. And probably just two omen accessories are that relevant to get.

At this point, i just see the omen bodies as a trophy. My 1$ mules got have an ashera and a shamash that i still didnt bother to move to main accounts, because even them, they arent that relevant nowaday.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-11-30 08:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Also, after malignance set, much of omen bodies lost its shine. And probably just two omen accessories are that relevant to get.

At this point, i just see the omen bodies as a trophy. My 1$ mules got have an ashera and a shamash that i still didnt bother to move to main accounts, because even them, they arent that relevant nowaday.
I still use my Ashera harness in my hybrid TP sets on both my DD BRD and AM3 Runefencer, and I use Shamash Robe as a BiS refresh/PDT idle piece on my WHM, RDM, and GEO.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-30 09:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashera, Dagon, Niq, Lugalbanda, Dingir, Utu, Ilabrat, Regal belt/earring/necklace/ring, Sherida, Nusku, Erra, Knob are all pretty relevant I'd say. Could argue a few of them, but there's more than a couple that are sought after.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-30 09:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

On the accessories, I gotta really disagree with you. Iskur Gorget, Kishar Ring, Erra Pendant, Dingir Ring, Ilabrat Ring, Niqmaddu Ring, Anu Torque, Ammurapi Shield, Utu grip all are extremely functional still.

On the bodies- while I would agree that its quite possible to have a great <fill in job> without its Omen Body, there are ways to make damn near all of them functional and benefit from them.

Ashera and Shamash mentioned above just as I'd use them.

Dagon can be used for some really fun builds for heavy DDs due to the ease of getting other TA gear (Flamma+2 head first to come to mind). Is it my primary body piece for TP'ing on DRK? No- but it does allow for some fun builds that are productive.

Nisroch is my main body slot for RNG and COR when using Empyrean weapons and AM3 is up. Yes, Malignance did outclass it for Gastraphetes,Fomalhaut, and Annihilator, but that doesn't mean its worthless or can't be best even in some situations.

Udug....I'll let others discuss.

Again- I won't claim that they're without peer the best bodies for their relative jobs- but I can find great uses for the 4 of 5 I play the jobs that can wear them.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-11-30 09:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

+BLU for Shamash too
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-11-30 09:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
automaton nukes
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-30 10:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
automaton nukes
Best BST pet nuke body as well. I threw up in my mouth a little bit after saying that
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-30 12:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

On the accessories, I gotta really disagree with you. Iskur Gorget, Kishar Ring, Erra Pendant, Dingir Ring, Ilabrat Ring, Niqmaddu Ring, Anu Torque, Ammurapi Shield, Utu grip all are extremely functional still.

On the bodies- while I would agree that its quite possible to have a great <fill in job> without its Omen Body, there are ways to make damn near all of them functional and benefit from them.

Ashera and Shamash mentioned above just as I'd use them.

Dagon can be used for some really fun builds for heavy DDs due to the ease of getting other TA gear (Flamma+2 head first to come to mind). Is it my primary body piece for TP'ing on DRK? No- but it does allow for some fun builds that are productive.

Nisroch is my main body slot for RNG and COR when using Empyrean weapons and AM3 is up. Yes, Malignance did outclass it for Gastraphetes,Fomalhaut, and Annihilator, but that doesn't mean its worthless or can't be best even in some situations.

Again- I won't claim that they're without peer the best bodies for their relative jobs- but I can find great uses for the 4 of 5 I play the jobs that can wear them.

Sorry, i meant AMAn accessories. Orpheus and Epaminondas.

Having omen accessories from AMAN trove is about the same feeling of having a reisen T3 body dropping: nice, but most likely the desirable will get acquired from the content itself. Luckly, somehow, omen accessories seemed pretty hard to fall, in my experience at least.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
By Kasumuni88 2021-01-14 15:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For the first time ever, I got lucky...

[+]
By fillerbunny9 2021-01-14 16:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

are Regal Gloves good for anything other than Lockstyle? I recently got a pair from Trove myself, but I am having a hard time finding any set they would fit in.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-14 16:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to use when Mijin Gakure is on cooldown.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-14 16:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

On a serious note, the HP on it is insane.

It should be BiS for a high HP set, but it seems more suited for tank jobs.
By cuddlyhamster 2021-01-14 18:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

use it when zombieing something on brd with hymnus.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [85 days between previous and next post]
By eeternal 2021-04-09 11:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

is the drop rate of valuable items nerfed? it just seems like its not like what it used to be, literally 40+ mars 20+ venus with loud and normal thud and drops are terrible

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-04-09 12:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My BF got a Tartarus Platemail from it just the other day. I think it was a loud thud. It was his second time doing AMAN Trove.

I notice the loud thud is pretty common for me as well.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-04-09 14:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The drop rate wasn’t nerfed, it’s just the perception of valuable items went down with the sparks nerf.

Before the sparks nerf, you could probably make around 800k average off of synth mats if you didn’t get thwacked. Now, you might get lucky to get an 800k synth mat at all. I run 20 orbs per month and that’s about my average, getting 1, maybe 2 really good sellable mats. Sellable mats meaning anything over 200k.
[+]
By Rips 2021-04-09 17:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to add fuel to the fire of speculation, especially with no evidence to offer in this post, but as someone who pops 36 Mars and 36 Venus a month, I noticed a considerable drop rate in receiving loud thuds this month, even in venus, compared to many past months.

Again, I offer no evidence as this could just be a terrible coincidence, so please take this post with a grain of salt.

However, I am curious now as another individual who pops these similar to the amount that I do has noticed something about this. And SE does have a history of ninja nerfs.
By Shichishito 2021-04-09 17:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i've read befor that there is some sort of bad luck prevention system in A.M.A.N. trove. that could explain why people encounter streaks of good drops followed by a long streaks of bad luck i suppose.
By Pantafernando 2021-04-09 17:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that bad luck prevention system called probability?
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2021-04-09 18:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to add fuel to the fire of speculation, especially with no evidence to offer in this post, but as someone who pops 36 Mars and 36 Venus a month, I noticed a considerable drop rate in receiving loud thuds this month, even in venus, compared to many past months.

Again, I offer no evidence as this could just be a terrible coincidence, so please take this post with a grain of salt.

However, I am curious now as another individual who pops these similar to the amount that I do has noticed something about this. And SE does have a history of ninja nerfs.
A categorical breakdown (since I know how much you love your spreadsheets) would go a long way in tracking whether this is a unique coincidence or rather an actual hidden mechanism to prevent market saturation from one account.

My money is on an unhappy coincidence. While I'm sure it's possible for SE to have a mechanism in place to prevent streaks of Loud Thuds from one account, they would likely not have a system in place to track it across multiple accounts. They would have to have some serious IP-tracking in order to do that, and I doubt their dev team thought that much into it, lol.
By Rips 2021-04-09 18:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »

A categorical breakdown (since I know how much you love your spreadsheets) would go a long way in tracking whether this is a unique coincidence or rather an actual hidden mechanism to prevent market saturation from one account.

My money is on an unhappy coincidence. While I'm sure it's possible for SE to have a mechanism in place to prevent streaks of Loud Thuds from one account, they would likely not have a system in place to track it across multiple accounts. They would have to have some serious IP-tracking in order to do that, and I doubt their dev team thought that much into it, lol.

Yeah. It's probably just a probability factor and superstitions that are tweaking my findings.
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-04-10 00:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Excalin said: »
Notice you got 9 thuds but 10 drops. The Terminal Coffer was a "loud thud".
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 67 68 69