Dynamis (D) Wave 3
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-31 12:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the magic accuracy requirements are lower for magic weaponskills, or at least when you're dual wielding weapons that give you magic accuracy. At face value, double rostram corsair has more than 350 magic accuracy over a grio BLM in regards to the weapon slot. Have you actually tried doing it? I never needed any kind of magic accuracy when doing Kei on RNG, and COR should have far more magic accuracy than RNG. I imagine all that you would need is acumen + focus, so just one spot.

Either way I'm asking if anybody has tried doing it.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-31 13:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You might be on to an alternative as the elemental damage multiplier for clearing the right fetters is quite substantial. That would leave only SAM and NIN that would benefit? Are there any other melee hybrid weaponskills?
By Afania 2018-07-31 13:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Has anybody tried using hybrid ws on wave 3? It seems like there's some potential for good numbers there. The new gear for ninja and Cor adds a lot of macc.

I haven't, however my leaden(in normal max dmg set, not macc swaps) got resist like hell in melee pt with melee buffs, it only got better in mage setup in mage buffs. And even then the dmg on volte is still lower than wave 1 and 2, although on wave 3 boss leaden can hit 99999 with bolster.

Hot shot normally performs horribly on anything higher than ambu N, and if macc is an issue for leaden without mage buffs I imagine hotshot will perform far worse than leaden since it normally require more buffs than leaden.

Unless theres some unknown mechanics that makes volte takes extra hot shot damage, this ws is not anywhere close to being practical on wave 3 because of pt config.

In mage setup we distortion 4 step everything and nuke water, leaden is darkness closer there, hot shot cant do that.

In melee setup thanks to the 1700 acc requirement, no way in hell I can get enough melee acc AND ranged acc to land hotshot unless I have 8 songs, and no pt would bother to brd rotation that for a cor. If I get prelude over madrigal I would need to shoot for tp, And no way in hell Im shooting without triple shot up and hinder my ws frenquency in melee pt.

Leaden salue, wildfire(for 4 step closing double dark), savage blade, last stand(for closing fragmentation in mage setup) are the only ws I find useful on wave 3 so far.

Edit:
now that I think about it, when I did leaden for the first time on wave 3, we didn't know the fetter mechanics. So it may not be resist, just fetter mechanics reduce the dmg.

That being said, Im still not seeing myself getting 1700 racc for hot shot with current pt config in mage or melee setup, so my assumption is probably still valid.
By Afania 2018-07-31 13:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the magic accuracy requirements are lower for magic weaponskills, or at least when you're dual wielding weapons that give you magic accuracy. At face value, double rostram corsair has more than 350 magic accuracy over a grio BLM in regards to the weapon slot. Have you actually tried doing it? I never needed any kind of magic accuracy when doing Kei on RNG, and COR should have far more magic accuracy than RNG. I imagine all that you would need is acumen + focus, so just one spot.

The macc requirement on volte mobs are MUCH higher than kei, they are equal to 149 content and omen is only 139.

And even if macc is capped, theres still racc issue, and once you solve racc issue with prelude you can no longer melee for tp because you are not hitting 1700 melee acc.

Unless mobs has hot shot dmg taken +300% trait Im not seeing it being useful, at least on volte which has higher stats than disjoined.

nor I understand the community obesesion with hot shot anyways, this ws is left out of cor guide on purpose for a reason, and yet people still think in some alternate universe its going to be very relevant in endgame.

(No offense direct toward you, just kinda tired of many recent discussions that brought this ws up and put it on such high pedestal because big damage syndrome, when in fact its not even one of cors main stream ws)
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-31 13:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The damage taken of mobs for having destroyed the elemental fetter and it's opposite has been described almost three fold.

I'll make sure to run verification next run, however it would make the elemental damage portion of hybrid weapon skills or even magical weapon skills quite lucrative.

Unfortunately, our run yesterday had considerable buffs, cleared all but one fetter but the output of our DPS was quite abysmal compared to other recordings even with bolster, bard swaps, cor rolls. Any other damage avenue is definitely worth investigation.

This is all specifically on the disjoined.
By Afania 2018-08-04 16:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried leaden on wave 3 boss with just idris malaise, but no focus/languor(aka pure melee setup but not a mage nor hybrid setup)? Apparently leaden average much higher than savage on boss even in melee pt if malaise is up, so that could be a pretty strong source of damage in wave 3 alliances.

I had full mage buffs when I hit 99999 with leaden, so I'm just wondering if it's doable with less macc buffs in a melee setup. If that works it's probably more ideal to use 1 malaise bubble in melee alliance so cor could hit harder.
By SeekerStar 2018-08-04 16:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why in the hell are you using GEO debuffs in an area where they're the next best thing to ineffective?

Teamwork equals using BRD, GEO and RDM to land debuffs that are NOT reduced in effectiveness. Course, I know you think red mages are useless, but it's your funeral, not mine. Using my enfeebling sets and Thernody2 of an appropriate element, you can land Frazzle/Distract3 and use your geos to enhance.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-04 16:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SeekerStar said: »
I know you think red mages are useless,

Wait What? I said nothing about rdm being useless.......why is it being brought up? I was asking leaden performance in a setup with less buffs And debuffs so I can make better decisions on which WS to use on COR.....

Please read what's being written, thanks......

You do this in pld thread, and you do it here. Why do you keep hijacking threads and talk about something completely irrelevant and out of context of what's being asked or discussed?
 Seraph.Ringoko
Server: Seraph
user: appleboy
By Seraph.Ringoko 2018-08-04 16:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Wait What? I said nothing about rdm being useless.......why is it being brought up? I was asking leaden performance in a setup with less buffs......

Afania is actually a big proponent of using rdm....
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-04 19:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ringoko said: »

Wait What? I said nothing about rdm being useless.......why is it being brought up? I was asking leaden performance in a setup with less buffs......

Afania is actually a big proponent of using rdm....

Didn't even mention the word rdm, let alone saying it's useless......

Geez, what's up with AH posters recently, is weather's just too hot that people has auto angry +200 buffs on them?
 Asura.Pigwah
Server: Asura
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Pigwah 2018-08-17 05:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell me where the fetters are in Sandy-D? Was looking to find a nice pretty map similar to Basty.

Rough location (don't need to know which ele is which) will do fine.

Thanks
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-08-17 07:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wave 3 NM/Circles
These circles are in order based on kill order and geography on the map from where we start.

Disclaimer: The fomor NMs are not always at these locations, but some are pretty common repeat locations. Circles are always the same locations.

Dynamis San d'Oria (D)
  • Water Circle - South of Fountain. Priest (WHM), Sailor (COR)

• Fire Circle - East Ronfaure Gate. Illusionist (RDM), Trainer (BST)

• Air Circle - at Auction House. Crusader (PLD), Duelist (RUN)

• Ice Circle - at Chocobo stables. Sniper (RNG), Cleaver (WAR)

• Dark Circle at West Ronfaure Gate. Highwind (DRG), Joiner (BLU)

• Earth Cricle at Guild. Fistfighter (MNK), Reaper (DRK)

• Thunder Circle by the Well north of Guild. Vagabond (THF), Incanter (BLU)

• Light Circle at very NW House. Erudite (SCH), Conductor (BRD)

Disjointed - Elvaan uses enfeeble ga spells and dispels, silence and wind threnody recommended. Uses circle blade eventually

Dynamis - Windurst (D)
  • Fire Circle - At Auction House. Communer (GEO), Reaper (DRK)

• Ice Circle - At J-9, North of AH. Cleaver (WAR), Incanter (BLM)

• Air Circle - At J-7, Shantotto's House. Joiner (BLU), Crusader (PLD)

• Earth Circle - At K-6, North of Shantotto's House. Shinobi (NIN), Vagabond (THF)

• Thunder Circle - At J-5, North of Earth Circle. Illusionist (RDM), Twirler (DNC)

• Water Circle - At House of the Hero. Controller (SMN), Monofufu (SAM)

• Light Circle - At F-5, Yoran's House. Sailor (COR), Fistfighter (MNK)

• Dark Circle - At F-7, old "Death House". Trainer (BST), Sniper (RNG)

Disjointed - Taru does energy drain and has counter. Slowly gets higher tier WS the longer the fight goes. Ends up doing AOE Rudras Storm eventually

Dynamis - Jeuno (D)
  • Thunder Circle - Middle of the map by Fountain. Vagabond (THF), Mononofu (SAM)

• Fire Circle - Up the MH stairs. Trainer (BST), Fistfighter (MNK)

• Water Circle - Upper Jeuno Zone in front of boss. Duelist (RUN), Cleaver (WAR)

• Air Circle - By Adventuring Fellow ???. Shinobi (NIN), Conductor (BRD)

• Ice Circle - Front of AH Stairs. Highwind (DRG), Erudite (SCH)

• Earth Circle - At AH. Hard to pull seperately. Twirler (DNC), Priest (WHM)

• Light Circle - Just inside Palace. Hard to pull seperately, many Automatons and BLUs that use AOEs. Manipulator (PUP), Illusionist (RDM)

• Dark Circle - At Maat. Sailor (COR), Reaper (DRK)

Disjoined Mithra uses Perfect Dodge/Invincible/Chainspell. Seems to have higher Eva than other bosses.

Dynamis - Bastok (D)
  • Fire Circle - East of AH. Manipulator (PUP), Shinobi (NIN)

• Ice Circle - West of AH. Twirler (DNC), Cleaver (WAR)

• Air Circle - Top of Ramp towards Guild. Controller (SMN), Reaper (DRK)

• Earth Cricle - Middle of Lower Path (North of AH) towards guild. Highwind (DRG), Duelist (RUN)

• Thunder Circle - At Guild. Priest (WHM), Vagabond (THF)

• Water Circle - Top of ramp towards Markets. Joiner (BLU), Communer (GEO)

• Light Circle - Below Mines Entrance. Incanter (BLM), Fistfighter (MNK)

• Dark Circle - Up ramp and through tunnel between AH and Mines. Illusionist (RDM), Mononofu (SAM)

Disjoined Galka - Nothing special that I can remember. Axe WSs.

Water Circle - Can use silence-ga, bind-ga, etc. area of effect is based on whoever has hate. can be on opposite side of the circle to avoid getting hit.
WAR - Can spam Fell Cleave
DRG - Gains Shock Spikes after WS, undispellable. Also eats Wyverns multiple times, heals 25k+ HP each time
BLU - Uses AOE Blu spells pretty fast, Silence recommended
RDM - AOE Silencega, Bindga, and Slowga spam
BST - Do not need to kill pets
GEO - Always places bubble where puller aggros it. Be sure bubble is placed before pulling back to alliance
MNK - Single target WS hurt. 1k+ on RUNs
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-08-17 07:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It is possible to avatar pull and get just the special weapon fomors.

It's also potentially possible to sack pull and probe circles for aurix.
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
Server: Ragnarok
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2018-08-22 14:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a month late, but this 14-man strat works if you're trying to get clear but running low on members:

RUN BRD COR WHM DD DD
DNC BRD COR WHM GEO DD
GEO RDM

Suggest to kill 6~ fetters and sac the other 2 to save some time if you are just starting. The bard can just aggro all mobs around fetter and take them away to somewhere where he can raise up safely, and rest of the alliance can run in and kill the fetter.

Use Bolster Geo-Wilt along with Infernal Scythe/Weapon Break at lower % to survive AoE boss moves like blade: metsu on the Mithra or AoE-Rudra storm move on the taru.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-05 23:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried leaden on wave 3 boss with just idris malaise, but no focus/languor(aka pure melee setup but not a mage nor hybrid setup)? Apparently leaden average much higher than savage on boss even in melee pt if malaise is up, so that could be a pretty strong source of damage in wave 3 alliances.

Answering my own question >.> Finally got to experiment using leaden without malaise/macc buffs(no frazzle 3 either) nor macc food on wave 3 boss tonight.

Leaden ended up avg 27kish on parse with minmial buffs, although there were some failed ws that made ws avg even lower than it should be. So it can probably avg a bit higher than that after some tweaks.

By comparsion, savage avg 29k if I only use it during first 30% of fight. It usually avg 24-25k if I use savage in entire run. This is because savage really really need bloster/SV active to push the ws avg high. After SV/bolster wears savage avg will drop quite a bit due to the lack of acc and attack.

Since leaden got the advantage of being able to use double rostam/blurred +1 etc for extra accuracy and multi attack(which is a lot more valuable in a high acc set), and aren't affected by bloster/SV dropping, it's probably better to use savage at start then swap out for leaden after SV/bolster wears if alliance isn't using mage buffs.

If alliance has extra GEO and RDM available for mage buffs, it's certainly the best choice to use leaden entire time. Buffed leaden just wrecks wave 3 boss.

Oh and btw, leaden didn't work on adds very well, maybe because killing fetters didn't lower their resistance or something. So someone else has to kill adds if COR pick leaden as their primary WS choice.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-06 00:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Which order did you kill the circles in?
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-09-06 10:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleared Basty and Sandy with
Run Pld Whm Cor Brd Smn

Drk War Thf Brd Whm Cor

Rng Rng Cor Geo Brd Sch

Trueflight actually dose amazing on the normal mobs and the boss same as leaden but only on the boss durning wave3 boss we put 2nd cor in the rng party to full time double triple shot trueflight can easily do capped dmg on normal mobs on wave 3
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-06 11:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Answering my own question >.> Finally got to experiment using leaden without malaise/macc buffs(no frazzle 3 either) nor macc food on wave 3 boss tonight.

Leaden ended up avg 27kish on parse with minmial buffs, although there were some failed ws that made ws avg even lower than it should be. So it can probably avg a bit higher than that after some tweaks.

By comparsion, savage avg 29k if I only use it during first 30% of fight. It usually avg 24-25k if I use savage in entire run. This is because savage really really need bloster/SV active to push the ws avg high. After SV/bolster wears savage avg will drop quite a bit due to the lack of acc and attack.

Since leaden got the advantage of being able to use double rostam/blurred +1 etc for extra accuracy and multi attack(which is a lot more valuable in a high acc set), and aren't affected by bloster/SV dropping, it's probably better to use savage at start then swap out for leaden after SV/bolster wears if alliance isn't using mage buffs.

If alliance has extra GEO and RDM available for mage buffs, it's certainly the best choice to use leaden entire time. Buffed leaden just wrecks wave 3 boss.

Oh and btw, leaden didn't work on adds very well, maybe because killing fetters didn't lower their resistance or something. So someone else has to kill adds if COR pick leaden as their primary WS choice.
wave3 boss leaden was doing 70k without bolster 99k with bolster, and of course 99k darkness. Had a bard to sing me preludes and racc set is double rostam and had hunters roll. racc was 95.24%

We had a MB setup parse looked like this:
Darkness SC #1 18%
BLM 16.6
COR 14.0
BLM 13.6
BLM 11.8
BLM 9.8
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-06 11:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

wave3 boss leaden was doing 70k without bolster 99k with bolster, and of course 99k darkness. Had a bard to sing me preludes and racc set is double rostam and had hunters roll. racc was 95.24%

We had a MB setup parse looked like this:
Darkness SC #1 18%
BLM 16.6
COR 14.0
BLM 13.6
BLM 11.8
BLM 9.8

Well yeah I already know leaden can do capped dmg with mage buffs, so leaden performance in mage or hybrid pt was not the question.

The question was if it's worth using in pure melee setup without any mage buffs at all.

Hunters roll is not required to hit wave 3 boss especially with a brd, so I would do allies/sam on boss in mage setup.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-09-06 13:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaden spam is the best strategy imo, if your cors are well geared it takes 3 to kill the boss in 20 mins with standard brd/Geo/rdm buffs, poor taru died pretty quick yesterday lol.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-06 15:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Leaden spam is the best strategy imo, if your cors are well geared it takes 3 to kill the boss in 20 mins with standard brd/Geo/rdm buffs, poor taru died pretty quick yesterday lol.

Yeah, definitely agree that melee cor spamming super buffed leaden being one of the best DD choice on wave 3 boss as long as fetters are dead. Although I am notorious at being biased when it comes to cor, lol.
By ceinwyn 2018-09-06 15:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm, can you beat wave 2 bosses with leaden as well?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-09-06 15:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear aside. Will they need death penalty and could rngs do this with trueflight?
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2018-09-06 16:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaden doesn't work very well for wave 2 Jeuno boss (I was getting resisted, maybe I need more macc?). Trueflight did fine even without any macc/mab buffs, but you don't need to use Leaden or Trueflight on the wave 2 boss anyways. Last Stand and Coronach work fine. We cleared the wave 2 Jeuno boss this way very easily. You can use the terrain to avoid getting hit by AoEs (stand on top of the bridge) and then relocate to where you want to be when wave 3 mobs pop before you finish off the last 1~2%.

Our setup was PLD WHM WHM BRD BRD, RNG RNG COR COR GEO SCH. The SCH did storms only and the extra BRD/WHM didn't do anything. We made it to wave 3 with more than 90 minutes left although we had never done wave 3 before it before so we only managed to kill the light circle before deciding to stop and come back. I think if we try again we can probably clear the wave 3 boss this way after just killing the light and dark circles. If you truly wanted to go bare bones you could probably clear it with just RUN WHM RNG COR GEO BRD although it would really be pushing it and you would have to make sure the RUN was able to survive while kiting the mobs around the circles for as long as you need to kill them.
[+]
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-09-06 17:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Rngs can easily do the same with trueflight
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-06 17:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going ranged setup, then you definitely want a mixture of COR and RNG. Weaponskill variety is what works best here, and Trueflight does a good job at clearing the trash mobs. After killing the Light Circle I was able to do a 44k Trueflight to one of the wave 3 trash mobs without any mage buffs (no Gastra yet either.) I think if you use Allies' Roll and mage buffs you can probably one shot them with COR Last Stand -> RNG Trueflight.
 Leviathan.Zeroburning
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Zeroburning 2018-09-06 17:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For us the 2 rngs can take care of the trash mob since we both can do 99k usually drops trash mobs to 49% but that wouldnt be a bad idea either doing last to trueflight just usually dead before we can set it up 99k is from gastra
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-06 17:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's still worth having a mixture either way. You can't just repeat the same weaponskills on the boss or your damage will fall to nothing, and RNG is much weaker without Samurai Roll and frequent Double Shot resets from Random Deal.
 Leviathan.Zeroburning
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Zeroburning 2018-09-06 17:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

without a sam roll you can always rock a cupid chocolate for stp +25 but always good to have 1-2 cors in the Rng party
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-09-06 18:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm missing something but if you only kill light and dark circles wont the wave3 boss still have like 60% dt?

I tried a ranged Jeuno a bit ago and the wave2 boss was easy enough, but we couldn't do enough dmg to kill parties in front of circles quickly. I kind of wrote the whole idea off since damage felt pretty terrible for physical and magical ws.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14