Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Phalanx + 102% SIRD Set
Phalanx + 102% SIRD Set
By soralin 2018-08-06 10:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

To add to this real quick, one potential excellent option if you can get them are Regal Gauntlets.

+20% Phalanx duration is pretty nice, and it has the required 10% SIRD needed!

Good option if you can't get lucky and roll Phalanx+ on Odyssean feet!
 Lakshmi.Guyledouche
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Guyledouche 2018-08-31 12:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi peoples

I have a question with regards to SIRD. In gearswap would the SIRD gear set need to be just in midcast?

Cheers
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-08-31 12:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

thats correct
[+]
 Asura.Bayonette
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bayonette 2018-08-31 13:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you considered the Eschite set from zitah? All can be augmented with 15%sird, which really helps fill in the gaps. I use hands and feet to hit my 102%sird on pld. Very useful for reapplying phalanx, reprisal, crusade, blank gaze, healing breeze. Really improves my flexibility while tanking. The hp loss can partly be overcome with accessories in the sird set, too. But they do not help with phalanx, unfortunately.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Nolan#Eschite_Armor_Set
By soralin 2018-09-11 18:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Eschite gear doesnt have +Phalanx.

As per the discussion, you can cap SIRD and +Phalanx either via:

A: Roll +phalanx on odyssean feet via DM augment.

B: shell out for a moonlight neck and manage to get a SIRD augment ring from abyssea.

Both are rare and hard, but this iscreally the only way at the moment.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1220 days between previous and next post]
By soralin 2022-01-13 12:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this now because Sakpta's Legs changes this a fair bit.

I think now the truly min max'd SIRD + Phalanx set requires both Moonlight Necklace and Dark Matter'd Phalanx+ Odyssean Feet.

I'm looking over to double check if we have gotten anymore SIRD sources elsewhere but it looks like its mostly a no on that one.

ItemSet 383197

There's a slightly weaker version you can use that doesnt require a phalanx dark matter augment on odyssean cuisses.

You can use Yorium Feet and a Dark Ring from Abyssea - La Theine (which can roll up to 5% SIRD)

Odyssean Cuisses only wins if you manage to roll Phalanx +3 or higher on them.

Theoretically you can also go /nin if you are solo cleaving and dual wield an offhand Deacon Sword for an additional +2 phalanx.

I dunno if that's worth it though compared to Red Mage giving Sneak, Invis, Refresh, and Convert (all quite handy for solo cleaving), as well as of course the Magic Atk Bonus job trait.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-13 13:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be way easier to just rely on 100% shield block (after Reprisal update) to cast Phalanx during cleave? I mean you will probably cleave mobs around lvl 135 or less and you have them all in front of you anyway? Even Priwen with just Reprisal should cap block rate easily on those mobs and you still can get +6% block rate from earring and feet and +40 shield skill from hands,2nd earring and neck to probably push 100% block rate even on some 140+ stuff.
By soralin 2022-01-13 13:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Wouldn't it be way easier to just rely on 100% shield block (after Reprisal update) to cast Phalanx during cleave? I mean you will probably cleave mobs around lvl 135 or less and you have them all in front of you anyway? Even Priwen with just Reprisal should cap block rate easily on those mobs and you still can get +6% block rate from earring and feet and +40 shield skill from hands,2nd earring and neck to probably push 100% block rate even on some 140+ stuff.

I wish this worked, but unfortunately it's not viable for several reasons.

1. You sometimes have to do quite long pulls, and sometimes you have to recast Phalanx mid pull to stay safe. And in those cases enemies swarm all around so relying on block wont work

2. Enemies dont 100% cluster up in a nice cone in front of you. You almost always get at least 1-4 stragglers that go behind you / beside you, out of the block cone.

So while you may block like 99% of the enemies, one or two being out of the block cone is all it takes to screw it all up and very quickly you're hp drops to zero :x

SIRD stacking is really the only reliable option unfortunately.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-13 14:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
I wish this worked, but unfortunately it's not viable for several reasons.

1. You sometimes have to do quite long pulls, and sometimes you have to recast Phalanx mid pull to stay safe. And in those cases enemies swarm all around so relying on block wont work

2. Enemies dont 100% cluster up in a nice cone in front of you. You almost always get at least 1-4 stragglers that go behind you / beside you, out of the block cone.

So while you may block like 99% of the enemies, one or two being out of the block cone is all it takes to screw it all up and very quickly you're hp drops to zero :x

SIRD stacking is really the only reliable option unfortunately.

AD1. I can believe Phalanx wearing off when you fight mobs you pulled, but I dont believe that Phalanx can wear off during pull, because that would mean you gather them for more than 3 minutes and that's just not possible, unless you do it terribly wrong or something.

AD2. If you know how to position mobs using wall on your right, there will be no mobs not in front of you

This whole discussion in context of cleave seems to be kinda pointless tho, because King of Hearts can cast Phalanx II on you and it will do it almost immediately if you are on top of the hate list.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-01-13 16:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You're overcapping SIRD here at 98% + merits, can drop the Ring or go NQ Neck.
By soralin 2022-01-13 17:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

AD1. I can believe Phalanx wearing off when you fight mobs you pulled, but I dont believe that Phalanx can wear off during pull, because that would mean you gather them for more than 3 minutes and that's just not possible, unless you do it terribly wrong or something.

Well, it happens lol.

AD2. If you know how to position mobs using wall on your right, there will be no mobs not in front of you

Best of luck on this, truly. It just isn't reliable and if you try to rely on it, you will get punished for it occasionally.

This whole discussion in context of cleave seems to be kinda pointless tho, because King of Hearts can cast Phalanx II on you and it will do it almost immediately if you are on top of the hate list.

King of Hearts would be dead in 0.1 seconds if you tried this approach. Casting a spell on you would make him get hate and monsters would quickly turn on him and gank him.

Won't be reliable.

Also, having to rely on a Trust means -1 party spots for actual party members.

Not gonna work in most cases.

Asura.Wotasu said: »

Thats true, could use Moonlight Ring perhaps, but yeah being able to roll with NQ neck is a nice boon if you somehow get lucky on boots but dont have 10s of million of gil to drop on 5% SIRD
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-13 17:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you trying to maintain any hp or anything or just cap rate and maximize phalanx? Are you assuming Phalanx on your Odyssean?

x2 Stikini +1 will also add another point assuming ML20 enhancing.
 Asura.Psycosocial
By Asura.Psycosocial 2022-01-13 18:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry that this doesn't directly answer your question, but I would also consider a playstyle adjustment before moving onto a gearset (that from the looks of the start of the build) would just as easily get you killed if that many mobs are attacking you while trying to reapply the spell.

Practicing prebuffs before pulls would give you more time during the fights to focus on other things and not giving your healer a freak out moment when your HP starts spiking all over the place. Doesn't need to involve any downtime either.

Seg/Dynamis runs what I do after the initial pull is wait till the mob count is down to a reasonable level then recast any buffs I know won't last through the next pull. If for some reason I need to reapply Phalanx or Cocoon in the middle of a drawn out fight then I'll just resort to a different means of mitigation and SIRD cure my way back to that reasonable level.

I'm sure others have their methods, but I like knowing when there's downtime it's not because the group is waiting on me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-13 18:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psycosocial said: »
I'm sorry that this doesn't directly answer your question, but I would also consider a playstyle adjustment before moving onto a gearset (that from the looks of the start of the build) would just as easily get you killed if that many mobs are attacking you while trying to reapply the spell.

Practicing prebuffs before pulls would give you more time during the fights to focus on other things and not giving your healer a freak out moment when your HP starts spiking all over the place. Doesn't need to involve any downtime either.

Seg/Dynamis runs what I do after the initial pull is wait till the mob count is down to a reasonable level then recast any buffs I know won't last through the next pull. If for some reason I need to reapply Phalanx or Cocoon in the middle of a drawn out fight then I'll just resort to a different means of mitigation and SIRD cure my way back to that reasonable level.

I'm sure others have their methods, but I like knowing when there's downtime it's not because the group is waiting on me.

Very similar for how I play PLD honestly. I'm personally against an SIRD set such as listed above for Phalanx as I feel it leaves me too vulnerable. Instead I just make sure I have a way to get it up in my regular set which keeps me healthy in the midcast.

My general go to for getting Phalanx up (assuming I'm not just blocking everything with a shield) is during a cureskin. Right after a WHM hits me with a 1k cure IV or w/e I'll immediately cast Phalanx. Stoneskin stops the interrupt and it goes back up. In long drawn out pulls during something like Sheol-C or pulling half the map in Dyna I'll just pop sentinel and reapply Phalanx. By the time everything is dead and I'm doing another pull sentinel is back up and I can reuse.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-13 18:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering he's talking about cleaving, I don't think he's concerned about Dynamis or segment mobs hitting him. I agree, though, that you should re-apply before a pull and if you have to do it in the middle of cleaving them, you're killing way too slow.
 Asura.Psycosocial
By Asura.Psycosocial 2022-01-13 18:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Considering he's talking about cleaving, I don't think he's concerned about Dynamis or segment mobs hitting him. I agree, though, that you should re-apply before a pull and if you have to do it in the middle of cleaving them, you're killing way too slow.

Same mindset can be used for cleaving. Pop a different CD and wait it out. Ignore /nin because Shield Mastery is too good to not abuse. 3 minutes or less is plenty of time to utilize the rest of PLD's mitigation.
By SimonSes 2022-01-13 18:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought we are talking about set to cleave on PLD for CP.

Theoretically you can also go /nin if you are solo cleaving and dual wield an offhand Deacon Sword for an additional +2 phalanx.

I dunno if that's worth it though compared to Red Mage giving Sneak, Invis, Refresh, and Convert (all quite handy for solo cleaving), as well as of course the Magic Atk Bonus job trait.

and suddenly people giving tips for segments/dynamis or assuming ML20 :)

King of Hearts would be dead in 0.1 seconds if you tried this approach. Casting a spell on you would make him get hate and monsters would quickly turn on him and gank him.

I really wonder how would that be possible :)
If the mobs from the pull are not tagged, then KoH wontget any enmity on them (beside the one you would engage to get phalanx from KoH). If all your mobs are tagged (because you pull with banishga or something), then all you need to do to prevent KoH from taking hate is hit any of your self target JA with some enmity set. You are a freaking PLD and you are saying you will lose hate to KoH casting Phalanx.. lets be serious :)

EDIT: Also Sentinel will let you reapply Phalanx without any SIRD easily, because it will provide so much PDT that casting with Phalanx that is wearing you will always be hit for 0 and hits for 0 cant interrupt casting. So if somehow your pulls are that long, you can have sentinel easily ready for each emergency like that.
 Asura.Psycosocial
By Asura.Psycosocial 2022-01-13 18:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

He also explained he doesn't want to take a trust in place of a party member so you're reply doesn't offer much to his situation.
Why would we not use segments or dynamis as an example? The concept isn't much different. Every tip he was given isn't content bound. Relax my guy.
By SimonSes 2022-01-13 19:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psycosocial said: »

He also explained he doesn't want to take a trust in place of a party member so you're reply doesn't offer much to his situation.
Why would we not use segments or dynamis as an example? The concept isn't much different. Every tip he was given isn't content bound. Relax my guy.

Well I gave the trust advice before he said it would take party slot, then I only discussed what he said about Trust dying.

Concept isn't much different, but it is different. In dynamisD you usually have have WHM or RDM. First can give you cureskin, so you can easily recast phalanx and second can cast phalanx himself.
During segments I can't imagine long enough pulls to not being able to cast phalanx between pulls. Segements also will have WHM or SCH, so same situation as during dynamisD. Cleave for CP/EP is the only situation, that you might be solo doing long enough pulls to need to recast Phalanx before mobs are killed imo.
 Asura.Psycosocial
By Asura.Psycosocial 2022-01-13 19:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I misinterpreted. Your response sounded indignant and undermined the advice he was given but all of them give some form of info that would better help than the original goal of the SIRD set. If it's really taking that long to cleave and get control then I'd put more love into the AoE dmg set or choose a different composition.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-01-13 21:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it happens lol.

Well it shouldn't unless you are forgetting to reapply phalanx before you pull.

Best of luck on this, truly. It just isn't reliable and if you try to rely on it, you will get punished for it occasionally.

If you have a couple of mobs misplaced you can walk backwards to get them back into the pack

Won't be reliable.

Also, having to rely on a Trust means -1 party spots for actual party members.

Not gonna work in most cases.

Actually I was using him when I was cleaving for the haste and I can honestly tell you he didn't pull hate from my PLD. Use Aeolian Edge and pop Rampart ASAP to get hate on everything then damage, Majesty and cures will keep them on you.

Asura.Wotasu said: »

Thats true, could use Moonlight Ring perhaps, but yeah being able to roll with NQ neck is a nice boon if you somehow get lucky on boots but dont have 10s of million of gil to drop on 5% SIRD

You don't really need the SIRD for phalanx if you know your stuff and how to position the mobs properly Ochain with Reprisal will make it so you get phalanx up without any problems. You just need to sacrifice the phalanx+ on Priwen which is a perfectly reasonable sacrifice to keep the 100% block rate.
[+]
By soralin 2022-01-14 12:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Actually I was using him when I was cleaving for the haste and I can honestly tell you he didn't pull hate from my PLD. Use Aeolian Edge and pop Rampart ASAP to get hate on everything then damage, Majesty and cures will keep them on you.

Interesting.

I will note we now do have the interesting option of /run providing Foil (with mastery nearly maxed)

Which means we can AoE and then spam Foil (you will want max SIRD still for Foil, but since we dont need Phalanx+ gear, capping SIRD without sacrificing too much HP is much more viable)

Foil is likely a very solid and reliable way to maintain AoE hate without any sacrifices while cleaving.

I had forgotten about the implications of this, it may mean a total reconsideration of how one approaches cleaving.

Odin.Creaucent said: »
You don't really need the SIRD for phalanx if you know your stuff and how to position the mobs properly Ochain with Reprisal will make it so you get phalanx up without any problems. You just need to sacrifice the phalanx+ on Priwen which is a perfectly reasonable sacrifice to keep the 100% block rate.

I still consider this bad advice. Its just not 100% reliable. You can sometimes get lucky and find sweet spots but so so so many pulls in various situations, this just isn't reliable.

It also means you have to *** around with positioning enemies instead of just getting down and killing them already.

You can reliably position like up to 99% of enemies but on exceptionally large pulls (40+ enemies), you simply cant rely on everyone being positioned right.

Once you hit that scale you can't even see where enemies truly are standing, enemies will blip around due to server lag and might not even be standing where your client thinks they are standing.

I have had enemies blip into existence a whole 30 seconds after I have stopped in my spot and started actually cleaving, and when everything was nearly dead suddenly 10 more enemies showed up (also half dead) and turns out I was hitting them too, they just weren't being rendered.

You truly cant rely on 100% accurate positionals when you're client isn't even rendering a chunk of the enemies

Are you trying to maintain any hp or anything or just cap rate and maximize phalanx? Are you assuming Phalanx on your Odyssean?
Yes and yes

x2 Stikini +1 will also add another point assuming ML20 enhancing.

Is this with Mastery 20 I presume? Thats a solid point! I havent done the math on, with Mastery 20 and everything capped, how much +skill is needed to hit that sweet +1 Phalanx.

Excellent catch and definitely worth investigating.

Usually for smaller fry like Reisinjima pulls I don't find EHP flip flopping to matter for gearswaps. Even tougher enemies still are hitting for 0~2 and critting for 0~5, absolute min max phalanx potency is all that matters imo.

I wonder if there is enough +skill gear in remaining slots for another +1 to +2 phalanx off of +skill gear from torque, waist, ears...

I have to look into that, Mastery has changed stuff up a bit.

+1 phalanx gives exponential returns so every point matters!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-14 12:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Foil isn't available. And how are you losing hate while cleaving, are you just pulling and someone else is doing the cleaving part?
By soralin 2022-01-14 12:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Foil isn't available.

Wait what? Did SE make it run main only? Fffffff

And how are you losing hate while cleaving, are you just pulling and someone else is doing the cleaving part?

You can lose CE quite fast after your first cleave.

A poorly timed automatic Cure from a support trust like King of Hearts can really mess you up.

And since a min max'd Aeolian Edge paladin set (though maybe not so much anymore with Nyame gear! I havent tried this yet) causes your HP to ping pong at that exact moment, you have a super high chance of getting popped with a Cure IV or whatever precisely right after you did your first AE.

The combination of your quickly melting away CE + just getting cured means within moments the monsters turn on the support trust and eviscerate it.

I have simply found that not running any support trusts at all is just way more reliable.

If I am running supports its going to be (in priority from most to least):

• Kupofried - Because of course we want exp bonus when cleaving

• Star Sibyl for that M.Atk Bonus

• Sakura and Moogle for the Refresh/Regen when pulling helps keep you stable

This goes double for any AoE using monsters you are pulling, said bubble trusts are immune to AoEs and wont just fall over and die on you mid cleave.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-14 13:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Foil isn't available.

Wait what? Did SE make it run main only? Fffffff

And how are you losing hate while cleaving, are you just pulling and someone else is doing the cleaving part?

You can lose CE quite fast after your first cleave.

A poorly timed automatic Cure from a support trust like King of Hearts can really mess you up.

And since a min max'd Aeolian Edge paladin set (though maybe not so much anymore with Nyame gear! I havent tried this yet) causes your HP to ping pong at that exact moment, you have a super high chance of getting popped with a Cure IV or whatever precisely right after you did your first AE.

The combination of your quickly melting away CE + just getting cured means within moments the monsters turn on the support trust and eviscerate it.

Your max SJ level currently is 53, Foil is 58. You'd need another 25 ML before you'd have a high enough SJ for Foil. And even then still wouldn't cast in an full SIRD set cause it's a 1s cast time and the chance of it getting interrupted are quite low.

And I still have no idea how you're losing hate on a PLD to a trust. Are you pulling with Banishga and then just pretending you don't need to do anything else? If you're just aggroing mobs instead of tagging a trust won't take it off you. If you're performing actions on the mob and are worried about CE then reverse the logic and build high VE with Reprisal or something.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-14 13:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I cleave on DRK, the only times trusts ever pull hate is if Fell Cleave misses one and they immediately cure me. AE, which can't miss, shouldn't ever have this problem.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-14 13:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth noting an AE will give significantly less enmity than a Fell Cleave (and then be lost instantly)

Not uncommon for one AE then a cure to get every single mob smashing your healer. Without properly building enmity prior (obviously)
By soralin 2022-01-14 13:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Your max SJ level currently is 53, Foil is 58. You'd need another 25 ML before you'd have a high enough SJ for Foil.

Oh odd, for some reason I thought it was +1 SJ level every 2 mastery not 5, my bad! Did this change or something? I dunno where I got that idea from

And even then still wouldn't cast in an full SIRD set cause it's a 1s cast time and the chance of it getting interrupted are quite low.

Best of luck! When you have 40+ mobs on you (especially frogs, goddamn frogs hitting a bajillion times per second), even a 1% interruption rate feels like a 100% interruption rate real fast, even on super fast cast time spells.

And I still have no idea how you're losing hate on a PLD to a trust.

I havent looked deep into it but its likely simply just getting cure bombed once or twice right after I popped my first AE.

So minimal CE has built up (only a single AE worth), which is starting to rapidly deplete as I take a bunch of hits per second (especially for larger heavier hitting enemies like Apex it becomes more noticeable, when they can punch through phalanx still)

I suspect its, in particular, when an enemy partial resists AE. You will often see 1-2 enemies have clearly resisted and taken a fraction of the damage of the AE, so you maybe hit them for like 800 or 900 damage.

Then you get cured for several thousand half a second after by an automatic trust.

The math is pretty straightforward there and results in a dead healer.
By SimonSes 2022-01-14 14:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is really pointless conversation..
It's like you are blind to facts..

1. You say you pull so long, that Phalanx is wearing. This means you have Sentinel up for each pull. With Sentinel you can reapply Phalanx without any SIRD. You just pop it 10 sec before phalanx wears off and cast new phalanx while mobs hitting you for 0
2. You can use Rampart after first AE and easily keeps mobs on you.

Edit:
3. You can summon King, engage one mob, get phalanxii. Then unsummon King and go pull. King's phalanx is max potency and 5min+ duration. Should easily last for full pull. Repeat before every pull.
By soralin 2022-01-14 14:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1. You say you pull so long, that Phalanx is wearing. This means you have Sentinel up for each pull.

In what world does your phalanx last 5 minutes...? How are you achieving ~+70% increased phalanx duration...?

2. You can use Rampart after first AE and easily keeps mobs on you.

Depending on the pull, the healer is already very very dead before the game lets you use JAs post WS.

**Especially** when you have ultra-lag due to 40+ monsters on screen.

Not reliable. You simply won't have the reliable reaction speed to handle the healer trust going from 100% to 0% in half a second when you are still WS locked. You probably have barely even finished the AE animation and your trust is already super dead.

You simply just do not have the reaction speed to do anything of use when you are in that state.

Quite often it takes a solid 8 seconds just to pull your weapon out.

It varies from zone to zone and how heavy traffic is there. In some places its much smoother.

But Reisenjima? *** no lol, not happening, sorry. You have multiple seconds of lock time where you can't do anything, period.

Note this is on Asura. On smaller populated servers this might be more viable. But on Asura... no, just no.

And maybe thats why there's differences of opinion here.

On Asura in heavily populated zones, merely just casting a spell alone can sometimes have a massive 1 second lag just for the spell to start.

Weaponskills sometimes even have half second lag, and I'm not even talking zones like Dynamis where lag goes off the charts. I'm just talking doing Apexes and Reisenjima.

And let me note that all of this assumes you even have the party spots open to even fit a trust in

In reality, my party is 6/6 or 5/6

And yeah, sorry, I am going to prioritize Kupofried exp bonus over a suicide bombing support trust who barely does anything for me when I can just not be lazy and just get optimal gear so I am truly uninterruptable no matter what

You seem to play in a world where lag doesn't exist.

I play in a game where lag is massive and constant especially when cleaving, and I can't afford to rely on stuff like JAs popping off in time.

Its just not reliable, thats the key word, please re-read it.

There's a huge difference between "Works on paper" vs "works 100% of the time"

Will sentinel work most of the time? Absolutely!

But when a single misfire makes me lose twenty minutes of my time at best, and an entire daily run at worst...

I do not have room for "should" work

I only have room for HAS to work, ALWAYS

Relying on "should" works is how you sometimes *** runs up and lose an entire daily or have to waste a ***tonne of time raising people up, getting back to the spot or whatever nonsense. I don't have time for that.

Especially if people are depending on my reliability to cleave, I can't just go "oopsie doodle, I lagged half a second and a buncha people died, sorry!"