Goblin Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-07-20 15:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that they don't aggro and chase after you is the glitch, imho. I believe it only works with Spontaneity, because the spell goes off instantly. Normally if you engage any of them, they rest come after you.

The "glitch" or whatever you want to call it with the other gobbies not chasing you is not consistent, at least in my experience though. It's hit-or-miss and can't be relied upon, though it's nice when it does happen.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-07-20 16:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess was the Don isn't quite placed in agro range and is the only one that matters. So unless the Don is looking at the Rav or Death while buffing them he won't know to agro when bind happens. Probably wrong idk. Doesn't really matter either way, if you're quick about the binds using Spont you can bind the Rav right after and move Don to a safe position along the wall regardless.
By Draylo 2022-07-24 08:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Creative or buggy?
[+]
By cramerb535 2022-08-02 09:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping someone can help with some V1E spam ideas for a tri-box setup. I am first wondering if 3 master pup would do well on this ambuscade? Thinking Each can peel a goblin away and dps them down? Also have other setups such as BLU, WHM, and WAR. Tried E on this setup and have a tough time with the AOE and keeping the goblins separated. Appreciate any suggestions!

Also forgot to mention I can clear V2 VD very fast but only 300 hallmarks per does not seem very efficient but E V1 is longer fight so trying to figure out a good strategy
 Phoenix.Teorem
Server: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-08-02 17:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Two fresh PUP99s can each hold the Ravager and Deathbringer easily using the 0JP turtle tank setup, with the robot tanking the Deathbringer possibly needing 1-2 oils. Two master PUPs should not have any problems at all using the sharpshot tank and will deal decent damage while you're working on the Don.

Run in with the third char (who has summoned the trusts) and aggro the Don; Deploy the robots on the Ravager and Deathbringer, one on each. Pull the Don out of group to remove its aura and engage to start working on it. Retrieve the robot on either mule, and redeploy it on the add away a short distance to drop the rest of the auras. I lock target on the two PUPs to the adds initially to make them easier to manage as I alt-tab between windows. The robot on the Deathbringer might also need a Maintenance if it's petrified early by Break, after which the Deathbringer can lose hate and come running back towards the Don and restore the auras.

Once the adds are set, the PUPs can leave them and engage the Don to help kill it faster and absorb bomb damage. /DNC on the mules was nice for Haste Samba and steps.

The third char can be anything that can survive the AM wheel during Manafont, if you're tanking. If you're relying on Valaineral to tank he'll quickly Provoke when you engage the Don, and you can immediately disengage after this to prevent him from using Uriel Blade to hit everything. Trusts had problems keeping him alive during Manafont on Normal (Easy was fine), but something like Magic Fruit would probably help there.

On Normal, 100JP NIN using aeonic, 2 brand-new PUPs (turtle tank), and Yoran + Arciela + Koru was taking me about 15 minutes at first. Another set of chars on near-master NIN using aeonic, 2 master PUPs (sharpshot tank), and Sylvie + Arciela + Koru was taking me about 7 minutes. This was with no outside buffs in Mhaura.

I didn't find D worth the extra time or effort for a 3-box, but would be interested in hearing other strategies that didn't have issues with D/VD. I also couldn't get the VD solo BLU strategy using Regurgitation/Subduction to work consistently. Further, the "solo" strategy simply didn't seem to work with mules at all, as the goblins would never lose hate.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [238 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-03-28 11:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping thread since we are seeing Goblins again next month. Looks like no additional changes to it this time around. Should be just as straightforward and even easier with more gear/RP than we had in July.
 Bahamut.Autherius
Server: Bahamut
user: Autherius
By Bahamut.Autherius 2023-03-28 22:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Bumping thread since we are seeing Goblins again next month. Looks like no additional changes to it this time around. Should be just as straightforward and even easier with more gear/RP than we had in July.

I was holding my breath waiting for "Adjusted to fully resist Bind and Gravity"
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-03 00:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing changed. That's unexpected. Easy money.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2023-04-03 07:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Nothing changed. That's unexpected. Easy money.

Best news from this Update
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-04-28 13:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Creative or buggy?

This strat is still viable?

For something like E
By Pantafernando 2023-04-28 16:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, idk if my gear is extremelly crap (and its) but gravity didnt last enough to make this anything bearable.

I was having better with my wallmart SMN conduiting, but then that random gob appeared and tossed 3k on me.

Whats the deal with that dude? BG says it appears every 50 secs but that doesnt seems like what happens in the fight at all.

Is that shared with people in range?
By Dodik 2023-04-29 05:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
BG says it appears every 50 secs but that doesnt seems like what happens in the fight at all.

Is that shared with people in range?

There's two gobs. One appears every 50sec (N and below) and the other is on D and above and is summoned by the Don, idk how often.

The 50sec one does 6k dmg split by characters in range. So keep everyone bunched together. Kill the Don quickly so it doesn't become an issue.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-06 08:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a get a 5 lines review how to best do last min ambuscade V1?

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-06 08:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a get a 5 lines review how to best do last min ambuscade V1?

Thanks in advance
Very Easy?

Tank Trust, Support Trust x2, Healing Trust x2 (AOE heals big+)

Kill left/blue goblin -> red goblin -> The Don Goblin

Don't bother splitting them up.

Higher difficulty? Saboteur + Spontaneity Bind side goblins, kill The Don Goblin.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-06 08:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no order in this?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-06 08:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you keep them separate by far enough distance, they don't get their buffs, so the order begins with The Don, and then the other two aren't bad to deal with.

Trick is reapplying the bind or whatever, from what I read. idk
[+]
By Beau 2023-05-07 05:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tribox RDM BRD and COR. Sabo/spont bind deathbringer, then ravager. silence/finale Don, kill him first, silence incanter/kill. Silence deathbringer then pull with dia3, finale if he has ice spikes on, dia3 ravager, kill. trusts AAEV Cherukiki and Yoran to split bombs damage, try to stack conally.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11