Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Goblin Ambuscade V1
Goblin Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-07-12 14:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I never understood the need for a sac WHM.

Bring a competent RDM to Spontaneity Bind WAR > Bind DRK

Dia 3, Addle 2 and Paralyze Don and Incanter then just knock em out Don > Incanter > DRK > WAR.

RDM BRD COR DDx3
[+]
By IGDC 2022-07-12 14:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »

Dia 3, Addle 2 and Paralyze Don and Incanter then just knock em out Don > Incanter > DRK > WAR.

RDM BRD COR DDx3

We were doing 3-3.5 min clears (including buffing) this way last night. It works great!
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-07-12 15:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »
We were doing 3-3.5 min clears (including buffing) this way last night. It works great!

It's one of the many months RDM is necessary and I love being able to get away from RDM but PUG RDMs just frustrate me lol
 Asura.Lealand
Server: Asura
user: Kael
By Asura.Lealand 2022-07-12 15:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM BRD COR DDx3

It seems like the sac whm is only needed if you're not going to be killing Don before he summons a Baby bomber. Baby bomber's damage increases based on the number of people it hits, so if you have it go off in the stack group, the group wipes.

But yeah, it seems like having a RDM for binds and debuffs, and and 3 DD + cor on the boss should bring him down fast enough that you don't need to worry about baby bomber.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-07-12 16:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not how it works, the bomb damage is split just like 1000 needles, 5 people can split that damage easily
By Ruaumoko 2022-07-12 16:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There are two Goblin bombers.

Furious Bomber - 6000 damage split between the number of people hit.
Baby Bomber - 1500 damage multiplied by the number of people hit.

Spot which one it is, call it out and react.
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-07-12 18:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don’t think the WHM is necessary as stated before, but having a GEO for backup cures is helpful and almost going to act like a third DD in terms of buffs.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-07-12 20:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Spot which one it is, call it out and react.

Haha Goblin go boom boom.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Server: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2022-07-12 22:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also have a tank kite adds while everyone else stacks on Don in the corner. The tank shouldn't get hit by double bombs kiting.
By kinkanat 2022-07-13 04:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Your strategy is probably the best, but we chose PLD, RDM, BRD, COR, GEO. BRD also carried GEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2YDSarMbPM

It's a really easy month if you have a good RDM.
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-07-16 20:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

edit: just realized another was posted yesterday, this one is just a bit faster I guess.
edit2: nvm that was from january, not july.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2022-07-17 01:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So what determines who the Dirty Bomb goes after? I tried to do some digging here but didn't skim over that info. On our runs, even though I always pulled the mobs first, it went for our RDM every single time(Who was fighting the WAR).
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-07-17 02:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
So what determines who the Dirty Bomb goes after? I tried to do some digging here but didn't skim over that info. On our runs, even though I always pulled the mobs first, it went for our RDM every single time(Who was fighting the WAR).

There is a tiered list and likely if you go back in the thread you can find it. It's something like: WHM, RDM, BRD, GEO, COR, PLD + RUN, everything else in that order.
[+]
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2022-07-17 09:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Do bombers come out no matter what or only when mobs have aura?
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-07-17 13:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Only while Don is alive.
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
Server: Phoenix
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2022-07-17 18:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM BRD COR DDx3

on the rare occasion we can get a rdm that's good enough to bind the gobs, we go that route. Rdm among the 4 LS's i have is not common and a well geared one is a rarity, hence the sac whm. Usually an alt or someone who doesn't really have master levels into it is who we get, so no big deal on the constant dying.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2022-07-18 00:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Asura.Karbuncle said: »

There is a tiered list and likely if you go back in the thread you can find it. It's something like: WHM, RDM, BRD, GEO, COR, PLD + RUN, everything else in that order.

Awesome, figured it must have been something like that but wanted to confirm. thank you
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-07-18 09:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also worth noting: the goblins aren't random, at least not at the start. The first bomber (and I think the second) are the 6k bombs. So If you're zerging the Don, you don't have to even think about which bomb is coming out. It might be a set pattern, might be just the first bomb or two that are set.
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2022-07-18 10:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Also worth noting: the goblins aren't random, at least not at the start. The first bomber (and I think the second) are the 6k bombs. So If you're zerging the Don, you don't have to even think about which bomb is coming out. It might be a set pattern, might be just the first bomb or two that are set.

Yeah, I was noticing this, too, while I was attempting to tribox it with a bit of a strugglebus RDM, non-mastered WAR, 3-song BRD + Trusts setup that didn't include a sacrificial White Mage (so, I had everyone standing together). First two bombs would be the from the Furious Bozetto Bomber, but the third bomber was always the Baby Bomber. I wasn't always able to kill the Don before the Baby Bomber popped up and wiped us all. So, if you're not leveraging some poor soul to die over and over, you basically get about 60 seconds (plus a few extra, since the Baby Bomber does NOT immediately throw the bomb when it appears, and it depops instantly if the Don dies after it tosses it out out) to zerg the Don down before the Baby Bomber gives you a new job as Abdhaljs' Official Dirt Inspector.
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-07-18 13:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Also if you wipe and reraise, it doesn't reset the bomber order so if you didn't get baby bomber before wiping, you will likely see it sooner or as the first bomber that appears. Learned this the hard way.
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2022-07-19 01:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What triggers "special attack"? Is it completely random? I've went full fights without seeing it, and I've went multiple runs where as soon as we stack up, they use it and we wipe. On Easy it's doing 750 (x3) just one-shotting me, often immediately as the fight starts.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-19 02:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

With "special attack" you mean the goblin bomber?
If that's what you meant I think I've read it follows a pattern.
The Goblin keeps on popping every X seconds after the Don has been pulled (not engaged, pulled).
The bomb he uses is different.
First two times is a damage that has to be shared with people in range to survive.
The third time is a bomb that has to be taken by a sacrifical lamb, out of range from everybody else.

The "X" value changes according to difficulty, on VD it's ~20 seconds I think.
It basically means you need to kill the Don within 1 min from pull if you want to avoid the third bomb, otherwise it will kill everyone (unless you let the healer go out of range and take it for himself, dying but saving everybody else).

This is what I've read and in the few runs I did it worked exactly like that indeed, on VD at least.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2022-07-19 12:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done a ton of Normal runs, but my attempts with solo Easy are completely different. The issue I'm running into is not a bomber, it is all 3 goblins using "Special Attack" which does 750 AoE each. I've went through the entire fight without seeing this attack once, but often it occurs as soon as all 3 goblins are near each other (before any other TP moves occur). FYI I am pulling to a wall to stack my trusts all together.
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-07-20 08:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cerderic said: »
I've done a ton of Normal runs, but my attempts with solo Easy are completely different. The issue I'm running into is not a bomber, it is all 3 goblins using "Special Attack" which does 750 AoE each. I've went through the entire fight without seeing this attack once, but often it occurs as soon as all 3 goblins are near each other (before any other TP moves occur). FYI I am pulling to a wall to stack my trusts all together.

You trigger their aura by stacking them together. The point of this months ambu is to keep them apart as the ambuscade page on bgwiki and this entire thread explains if you read back.

Bind them or bring people who can hold them away from each other.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-20 08:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn off battlemod and you can see what the actual name of "special attack" is.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-07-20 09:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The Special Attack is a triple Bomb Toss for 750 each. Some fights they use it, some fights they don’t. I just chalk it up to bad luck of the draw on TP moves.
[+]
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-07-20 09:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
The Special Attack is a triple Bomb Toss for 750 each. Some fights they use it, some fights they don’t. I just chalk it up to bad luck of the draw on TP moves.

Won't use it if you keep them seperated.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2022-07-20 11:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Separating is not really an option solo unless you're PUP, which I was able to do but the fight is way too long that way.
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-07-20 13:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be much more efficient for you to find a couple of bodies that can replace some trusts or find a job to bind the war and drk.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-07-20 15:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone had a weird behaviour where if you bind the mob in the exact same spot in previous runs the other ones come after you anyways? I have had this happen 2/3 times and while not difficult to deal with I have no idea what causes it.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11