Koggelmander
First Page 2
 Diabolos.Geeeforce
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: geeeforce
By Diabolos.Geeeforce 2009-10-03 20:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent 7 months farming up the marbles to be able to pop Tanihwa. Since then I am 0/34. We go in with Tabula 3, Voucher 7, Runes 5,13,17,18,41,75,94. Any suggestions? I'm getting pissed.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-03 20:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My first suggestion is to list the names of the runes you use rather than a list of numbers.

And since I'm 0/~60 I suggest you don't use what I use, which is Might, Supreme Might, Great Warrior, Lizard, Lost and Found and Dark magic.

Zykei said:
I'm using...
05 Lizard
13 Great Warriors (resonated)
16 Stillness
17 Supreme Might
46 Dark Magic (resonated)
51 Warrior
94 Lost and Found

I tank him on RDM/NIN with this setup usually going with 4 since people suck and doesn't want to do MMM <.<. RDM/NIN BLU/NIN BLU/NIN COR/NIN worked pretty well for me. BLUs should have a nuking set and regurgitate the hell out of the boss. GL ^^ Just be careful if you're making like mine since I set it up for Mamool Ja Earring also :x It petrifies, hate resets, and his TP moves takes out 2-3 shadows each.

That was a PM someone sent me who apparently has had quite a few drop, as well as some earrings, unfortunately it's usually me and a friend duoing this and most people don't like to help -_- As such we've only tried a few runs like the above, but neither of us have warrior rune, and all the other job runes suck (blm rdm do shitty aoe, whm cures obviously, thf triple attacks a lot and mnk just has a really high attack rate instead of double attacking, probably be fine with elegy).

Anyway, Zykei was apparently 0/40 or so like myself, but after equipping warrior started getting decent drops, so that's what we're working on next, just need to do some trash runs and hope for a warrior rune and/or find some more people interested in helping out on a regular basis.
 Diabolos.Geeeforce
Server: Diabolos
user: geeeforce
By Diabolos.Geeeforce 2009-10-03 20:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Never tried it with the job rune. I'll try it out next run.
 Alexander.Zykei
Server: Alexander
user: Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-10-03 20:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah with that setup, I've gotten everyone in my group their swords and earring within like 2 weeks
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-03 20:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, start talking about this BLU nuking regurgitation business.

I wants to know.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-03 20:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
Please, start talking about this BLU nuking regurgitation business.

I wants to know.

Damage comparable to a Tier III spell using equivalent gear, along with a very good Bind effect, for 69 MP. It's also essentially hateless, making the tank's job even easier.

Still have to gear right for it though. Neptune's Staff, lots of INT, MND where you can't get INT, MAB ~= INT for damage. Nuke from behind whenever possible (not joking, Regurgitation is stronger from the back). Have fun.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-03 21:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I love you right now.

Assembling a BLU nuke set.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-03 21:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

went 1/1 on this sword unfortunately no real use for it. just did it for fun..
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-03 21:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Go die.

But yeah, regurgitation can be pretty damn good, and my build isn't even that great. Need better body and rings mostly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-03 21:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 1/1 using full CC and whatever wiki post. It is far from "useless." Best offhand swd for blu. Probably best swd period for alot of jobs that normally get shafted on good swds
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-03 21:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wish it looked cool instead of the short-fatness. Needz moar Dissector look.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-03 21:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dissector is ugly, demon slayer/beast slayer/wightslayer for the win
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-03 21:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So would something like this hurt the koggel NM?

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=113123
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-03 21:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a pretty strong setup you've got there, should work great.

To the guy who went 1/1 and has no use for it: die in a fiery pit of AIDS and despair. Still don't have mine yet either, though I haven't tried a setup with Warrior rune set. Guess I'll do that next time.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-03 21:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

blm dmg does pretty good on it too. Assuming you don't take hate lol.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-03 22:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done that fight around 9 times for myself and each time I've died profusely on BLM because I can't get a good tank :X

The thought of doing this on BLU is just plain old SEXY.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-03 22:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
So would something like this hurt the koggel NM?

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=113123

Can't get a great deal better than that really.

Things to make that better would be:

AF+1 head
Yigit feet
Novio
bugard strap +1
Tamas ring, MAYBE an Omega or Hale ring, but I think 5 INT might beat 3/3 INT/MND, if not it'll be damn close
enlightened chain/prudence torque/uggy pendant
Mahatma body

And any morrigan's gear will be an improvement except head, probably don't need to even worry about macc gear with this spell and HQ staff, so macc on morrigan's head probably isn't worth the 1 int/mnd loss unless you have the whole set.
 Alexander.Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-10-03 22:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
I've done that fight around 9 times for myself and each time I've died profusely on BLM because I can't get a good tank :X

The thought of doing this on BLU is just plain old SEXY.

It is, you can go all out nuking on BLU and you won't take hate at all unless you're spamming Mind blast at the same time. Corrosive Ooze does really good dmg also, my buddies hit for 400+ constantly with it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-03 22:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if my nukes were only doing that much I probably wouldn't take hate on blm either... Pld is actually good tank on that. Since it starts out kinda weak can let him tp and use Atonement for good dmg while you mostly sit there and let pld get hate. Maybe stun a bad aga
 Alexander.Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-10-03 23:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not if you're using stillness in your maze. Awful eye Petrifies and hate resets and it's melee hits terribly hard even on a fully decked out Excal/Aegis PLD. Infact NIN/DRK would probably be better but I had to work with what I got and I did fine as RDM/NIN. Occasionally I get caught with a Tail roll with 2 shadows and it does well over 1200 dmg (WAR Job) with -32% PDT in gear but my BLUs know what to do when I'm down.

That is of course if you want to have an excellent MND earring that can only be compared to a Celestial earring. Without Stillness, this dude is easy as hell and any job /NIN can tank it easily with good support.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-03 23:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer to this is simple, it doesn't exist :P
 Alexander.Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-10-03 23:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
The answer to this is simple, JP ONRY :P

ftfy~ :P
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-03 23:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva try using the set that I quoted Zykei on, it's a totally different mob than what you're talking about (same mob, but totally different).

Firstly, if you're melee tanking with stillness on there's a high probability that you're going to get hate reset from awful eye, which can easily lead to half your party being ripped to shreds (unless you're /nin which you most probably will be). This thing can hit for about 4-500 damage non-crit, and even if you can tank it fine until the actual tank gets hate back, it's slowing down your damage.

Also while regurgitation is never going to match TIV or AMII spells, it's only 69mp, low hate and has a pretty low recast, as you should well know.

PLD is a great tank on it until you add stillness, then some of pld's hate tools are gone due to reverse tanking, making rdm/nin much more efficient (pld/rdm would be dead).

The thing I really wanted to comment on though was that it "starts out kinda weak". It doesn't change at all from start to finish, has no special abilities at different percentages or anything like that.

Edit: Zykei beat me to it, but yeah, stillness changes it a lot as far as tanking goes :p
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-04 17:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Tamas ring, MAYBE an Omega or Hale ring, but I think 5 INT might beat 3/3 INT/MND, if not it'll be damn close

As a very general rule you can say 1 INT ~= 3 MND for damage, so Hale is not a good idea. Omega can be a good idea if you're in need of MACC, though the dINT check means it's at best MACC+2 and at worst only +1.

Quote:
And any morrigan's gear will be an improvement except head

Yigit Gages will outdamage Morrigan's Cuffs if you're not nuking in the full set, Coronal is best outside of Maat's Cap or AF+1 for damage barring of the full set as you mentioned. Resists may vary... I went full MACC merits in addition to 8/8 Blue Magic, so it's pretty rare that I need MACC in gear once you account for a full-blown INT/MND build in gear, spells, and food along with Neptune's Staff. You might need to mix in MACC if you don't have full merits, but I never tried Regurgitation on anything particularly high level without them so I can't say for sure.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-04 21:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ok set that was 1/1 was 045 elemtal mag, 094 lost and found, 044 enfeebling mag, 005 lizard, 041 divine mag, 013 great war, 018 might. and had no use for a tank my mnk asicly tanked whole fight same for all other times i done fight for other peeps was a war or sam anking if i wasnt on mnk. Bigest thing can say is try have a drg with argon (sp) and its a easy fight with dds and a healer or 2 never had a blm in it. and ya i knwo its a jumble im tired..
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-05 02:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

@Nightfyre, My magic gear is built more towards landing debuffs than dealing damage, basically only adding in damage gear where I can around my macc, so basically haven't haven't put much work into the actual damage side of things, mostly due to inventory. But once I get a little more cashflow up I'll be concentrating on that a little more alongside levelling my blm and rdm.

@Heimdall, I would have to say that you were very, VERY lucky to go 1/1 with that. However I've never tried one with three different magic types, so it could well be that it's some strange quirk with the system. But yeah, considering how many times I've done this with very similar builds, I'd have to say it's luck :/
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-10-05 05:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

my (our) setup when i did it a while ago was this:
Tabula 3
005 -lizard
013 - great warrior (resonated)
016 - Stillness (resonated)
017 - SMight
018 - Might
041 - Divine Magic (or other Magic)
094 - L&F

got 2 or 3 swords out of 5 runs with setups like this, some had other magic

we went with 2 BLM/NIN SCH/NIN 1-2RDM/BLM and sometimes a COR instat of a 2nd RDM. sucks when he oneshot you, but easy this way
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-05 10:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We've tried using both might and supreme might dozens of times, and used magic dozens of times too, only just recently found out about, and started using stillness though, so since the job runes aren't working for us too well (don't have warrior and the other jobs suck <_<) I might have to try that, seriously though, it's getting ridiculous lol.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-10-05 10:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

thats a set friends told me to work nice, mainly for Earring. And it actually did for both Items when i tryed. 2 of us got it(earring) out of the 2nd chest and one dropped from first chest in about 8 runs, but sadly not for me ><
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-05 10:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thanks for the advice, but how do you kill it with that party set-up? I don't think I've ever seen sleep or bind stick without elemental seal even on an easy version, so with 3-4 elemental seals I can't see you sleep nuking it...

/intrigued

Also I forgot to mention I updated my Regurgitation build, and did this:

User submitted image

Capped out at 800 on Tanihwa, interesting to see what I can do with it on other stuff.

Also, was actually using promise badge, no enlightened chains up for sale, just couldn't be bothered making the item set 100% accurate since that's what it will be as soon as I can buy one :p
First Page 2