Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Koggelmander
Koggelmander
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-10-05 12:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

we had the 1 or 2 RDM which were /blm and ES Gravity the mob then just kite/nuke.
its harder with just one RDM since only got one ES gravity^^ but with COR can maybe reset ES.
BLM's and SCH (the SCH only has SCH WHM and some DD jobs 75) are /nin.

Its easy to outrun with casting spells. In the end most of the time i just stood there and didnt even kited my Mob once grav weared off (i had Divine Magic rune so no real AOE to outrun like on Elemental rune) Just Blinktanked. But staying there can be dangerous ;) he can some move (forgot the name) which can eat up to 3 shadows i think and this move will most likly oneshot you when not wnough shadows up.
We had various of jobselections (mainly RDM + RDM/COR/BRD in some rotations) once with BRD and RDM didnt kited that much cause he hit VERY slow with Slow and elegy. Dont know how good they sticked, but were on quite often.
Think that run we even had BRD COR RDM as support jobs.

BLM keeped stuning as often as possible (aoe's and to help the kiting BLM) and when we needed a little break a BLM can still ES Bind the mob.

edit: yea Bind mainly (not ES sleep) cause we doted it full time

was allways easy even when 1 BLM got oneshotted between w
 Diabolos.Geeeforce
Server: Diabolos
user: geeeforce
By Diabolos.Geeeforce 2009-10-17 16:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got the sword. 1/36. Got the drop with Mindi's setup w/ 6 BLM.
 Diabolos.Brian
By Diabolos.Brian 2009-10-17 16:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remember you gotta help me with Gnole Torque now. >_>;

That rabbit is seriously messed up though... He'd be more tolerable if he didn't have Regain.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-10-19 13:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Geeeforce said:
Finally got the sword. 1/36. Got the drop with Mindi's setup w/ 6 BLM.

gratz :)
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-19 16:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... My group has tried various combos of jobs/magic/etc. with the Bugard and he still fails to give us Koggel/Mamool Ja. >.<
 Alexander.Zykei
Server: Alexander
user: Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-10-24 03:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Brian said:
Just remember you gotta help me with Gnole Torque now. >_>;

That rabbit is seriously messed up though... He'd be more tolerable if he didn't have Regain.

If you're having problems with the rabbit, I suggest trying Gorib (Courel). He drops the torque and some random shitty DRK only Great sword. The only runes you need to pop it is Beast/Motion/Tiny Warrior, the rest is up to you.

I've gotten 3 torques in like 5-6 runs with usually around 4 people. I highly suggest bringing a BRD if you're going to shadow tank it, he attacks really fast even with slow2 on.

The only thing I can comment about Gorib is, he hits really hard (as do most of these NMs). On my RDM (I tank it :/), I'd get hit for between 300-500 Non-crits. I think it was 300~ with -48% PDT. Also, He has a single target breath attack that causes Petrification and a AOE move called Charge Whiskers that does 400~ DMG before buffs(Should be magical so can be reduced with a good barthunder + Shell).

GL on the sexy hMP Torque!
 Valefor.Grozny
Server: Valefor
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2009-10-28 15:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I used a rune from Duplidoc and went 1/4

I got a Liquidation 7 rune, with 005, 041, 075, 017, 094, 018, 013.

With this rune - He only cast divine magic, & has very high def and evasion.

I went with:
2 tanks, mostly 2 Pld/nin.
2 dd, usually 2x Blu/thf or a Blu/thf + Sam/thf.
1 Blm to burst off the skillchains.
1 Healer

Keep doing sata(ca) vcleave and/or sata gekko on each tank as soon as you can. Have anyone that can stun in a stun order for banishga.

Wait till you have 6 cc points, and enjoy your koggelmander!! User submitted image

ps: This rune won't drop the earring though. :\
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-28 23:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That casts divine magic, not white magic, grats on your sword though.

I've now got a set-up that can drop earring, so I'm assuming it can drop sword too.

Tabula M03
Lizard
Great Warrior (resonated)
Stillness (resonated)
Might
Supreme Might
Dark Magic (resonated)
Lost and Found

pld rdm brd blu, all /nin made it reasonably easy. First time we tried with a blm in there too and hate reset made everyones /nin really important, but was still pretty easy. Second time our PLD backwards tanked with earth staff and actually held hate surprisingly well, only lost it once in two fights.

Both times we did 2 runs a piece, both with 6 c.c. and I got earring from second chest. So that's 1/4 on this set-up so far. My friend was supposed to get earring before me and I was supposed to get sword though :/
 Diabolos.Brian
By Diabolos.Brian 2009-10-29 16:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Alexander.Zykei

I'll try that instead, ty for the advice.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-31 21:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if anyone is interested, but using my last posted set-up, with pld/nin rdm blu brd blm, we got 3 more earrings in 2 runs, one was lost though as I already had one. So yeah, very much a confirmed set-up for earring, if not for sword (working on it though!). Pretty easy fight if you keep elegy and slow on the NM and have the pld reverse tank it.

If you're on Odin, my maze is still up for copy from last week, it's on about page 4 now though, not sure how long it will stay there for.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-31 22:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sword confirmed with this set-up on 5th run, dropped in wrong chest though <_<