First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-13 18:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just basically text book 2012 HTB

Everything will kill you if you move, stand at range with your preferred method of safe damage;

Avatars automatons immanence bullets arrows

Curebomb the tank when dots
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-13 18:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The Dia auras that the spawned helper moogles generate are only 5 yalms (at least on N; dunno if that changes on higher difficulties), so you don't need to reposition very far for each one.
By Vishwambhari 2018-03-13 18:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone check if the regen moogles are charmable or virelaiable?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-13 19:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Vishwambhari said: »

... why would you even ask that. What purpose would it serve. And the obvious answer is no.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-03-13 21:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We did easy, and tried to stand on top of the moogles, moving to the other moogle when the boss spawned a new one. However, we got unlucky and the boss had 2 spawns and then used its own aura (2 spawns were on the 2 starter moogles, so we pulled boss to zone-in location and he then proceeded to use his own aura). What do people do in that situation? Do the auras stack (boss + spawn)?
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-03-13 22:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

... why would you even ask that. What purpose would it serve. And the obvious answer is no.

If they were charmed and still retained their aura, they couldn't run from the BST or BRD. Allowing the party to always know where the safe spot is.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-13 22:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The boss aura can't kill you, just disengage by a regen moogle.

be 5 yalms away from the minion moogle, and cure bomb the tank, it's idiot proof.

Aura only lasts 30 seconds
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-03-13 22:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowbind works to stop the moogles from moving if needed and in a pinch
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-13 23:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
We did easy, and tried to stand on top of the moogles, moving to the other moogle when the boss spawned a new one. However, we got unlucky and the boss had 2 spawns and then used its own aura (2 spawns were on the 2 starter moogles, so we pulled boss to zone-in location and he then proceeded to use his own aura). What do people do in that situation? Do the auras stack (boss + spawn)?
Don't fight the boss on a starter moogle unless he's got his aura active, and he can't spawn helpers on them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-14 00:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This month V1 is easy enough to solo on VE, so if people are deciding to sit this one out due to shitty mechanic, you can stockpile seals.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-14 01:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Like if you do it he ranged way spamming N is easy enough to get finished for the month

It requires almost zero effort, problem is getting people to do it. It only takes like 10 mins to down normal, and thats with 1 mediocre ranger, and one really mediocre corsair
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-14 01:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal with seals always seemed like a waste of time for me, idk. I guess if people have the time. More willing to do D-VDs with a few deaths and try to get 5-7 wins or so. Be done with it in one full sitting
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-14 01:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like the -ideal- way is to just buy it then. Fast. Absolutely zero effort. Free Medals/Fibers. (which I'm sure as *** doing this month, my mules don't have rangers)

Normal is fast enough. It's 23 runs in 30 days (without using any seals) And you get 7 seals a month
By Afania 2018-03-14 01:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This month V1 is easy enough to solo on VE, so if people are deciding to sit this one out due to shitty mechanic, you can stockpile seals.

It's also easy duo in E with DD+healer if both know where to stand, and E has 3x more points than VE.

Doing E with trust healer is PITA though, trusts like to stand on bad position and kill themselves.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-14 02:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey people that are going to get on ranger for this; at least put in some effort.

10k last stands don't cut it. and snapshot sets are not optional.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-03-14 07:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »

If they were charmed and still retained their aura, they couldn't run from the BST or BRD. Allowing the party to always know where the safe spot is.

Charm should fail 100% of the time since moogles are classified as Beastmen. It would result in a Bind effect instead, which could be equally as desirable if the duration on that is long enough... Does Charm+ gear affect the bind of a failed Charm? >_> If it increased duration too, then this might be at least as viable as Shadowbind, if the idea of a ___master works for your group.

Virelai will probably fail since NMs in general tend to be immune to Charm.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-03-14 08:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey people that are going to get on ranger for this; at least put in some effort.

10k last stands don't cut it. and snapshot sets are not optional.

quoted for truth
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-14 16:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
This month, RNG, COR, and SAM/RNG look to be the way to go for physical damage. Having 2 cure bombs on hand doesn't hurt either.

Wasting a second slot on cure does hurt. It hurts dps. time is money.

You don't even need a dedicated healer let alone 2. Just a silencer. (not on vd)
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-03-14 19:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We can realiably clear VD in 10~15 min with RUN/DNC WAR SMN GEO BRD (3 songs mule) WHM, no death but for now I think it's a very challenging Ambuscade fight (D/VD) compared to usual.

BRD : March/Madrigal/Minuet melees, Ballad/Light Carol x2 mages (help to resist Crystalline Flare), Elegy/Nocturne/Wind Threnody.
GEO : Indi-Frailty/Geo-Fury, switch to Indi-Fend during SPs, Dispel Protect/Shell/Haste. Geo-Fury must be recast often because of the constant need to move but we are already atk capped when Armor Break/Dia II/Frailty/Box Step are all up.
SMN : Hastega II/Crystal Blessing, Volt Strike, Conduit to speed up fight (not required).
WHM : Barthundra (help to resist Stun from Crystalline Flare and Washtub), Cure, Silence CS/Manafont, Paralyze, spam Curaga during Kaustra (dot won't kill with regen but boss can still aoe...).
RUN : Armor Break, Box Step, tank/dd, tells us which moogle to follow.
WAR : DD while being attentive to boss's HP.

Biggest improvement : Instead of waiting a moogle to stop before making the boss SP, we do opposite. We make the boss SP when a moogle starts moving and we run toward that moogle, the moogle will stop in time before the aura appear and will remain still until the end. I think this is the key to win, since then we have zero problem with aura/SP phases.

If the boss has used Perfect Dodge and Benediction early, GEO can Bolster Frailty/Malaise and SMN AC Flaming Crush (does 99k with right debuffs) to kill it before Kaustra aura pop but it can be risky without good gear/reflexes and it's not required to win, you really have to understand the mechanics of the fight I mean.
[+]
By Squabble 2018-03-14 23:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
We can realiably clear VD in 10~15 min with RUN/DNC WAR SMN GEO BRD (3 songs mule) WHM, no death but for now I think it's a very challenging Ambuscade fight (D/VD) compared to usual.

BRD : March/Madrigal/Minuet melees, Ballad/Light Carol x2 mages (help to resist Crystalline Flare), Elegy/Nocturne/Wind Threnody.
GEO : Indi-Frailty/Geo-Fury, switch to Indi-Fend during SPs, Dispel Protect/Shell/Haste. Geo-Fury must be recast often because of the constant need to move but we are already atk capped when Armor Break/Dia II/Frailty/Box Step are all up.
SMN : Hastega II/Crystal Blessing, Volt Strike, Conduit to speed up fight (not required).
WHM : Barthundra (help to resist Stun from Crystalline Flare and Washtub), Cure, Silence CS/Manafont, Paralyze, spam Curaga during Kaustra (dot won't kill with regen but boss can still aoe...).
RUN : Armor Break, Box Step, tank/dd, tells us which moogle to follow.
WAR : DD while being attentive to boss's HP.

Biggest improvement : Instead of waiting a moogle to stop before making the boss SP, we do opposite. We make the boss SP when a moogle starts moving and we run toward that moogle, the moogle will stop in time before the aura appear and will remain still until the end. I think this is the key to win, since then we have zero problem with aura/SP phases.

If the boss has used Perfect Dodge and Benediction early, GEO can Bolster Frailty/Malaise and SMN AC Flaming Crush (does 99k with right debuffs) to kill it before Kaustra aura pop but it can be risky without good gear/reflexes and it's not required to win, you really have to understand the mechanics of the fight I mean.

Couldn't this all be achieved with RUN 3xSMN GEO WHM and just blowing him up after Perfect Dodge?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-03-14 23:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been PUP tanking E and N.

Pup, as expected, Melts to the Kaustra. but I found it survive several times when I changed my configuration a bit.

Moogle does no physical damage that I've noticed. or so little it doesn't really register. but with mana jammer 3 & 4 and 1 water maneuver up, pup tank survived Kaustra aura 3x on Normal fight. I'll test it more, but if pup tank can survive aura its a big stabilizer.

Dawn mulsums would help of course, but i haven't been using any.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-03-15 13:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The boss casts his white magic spells in order of priority : Protect V > Shell V > Haste II > Cure VI. He will never attempt to cast Cure VI if you keep him dispelled, he has the 3 buffs at the start.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-03-15 13:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The boss casts his white magic spells in order of priority : Protect V > Shell V > Haste II > Cure VI. He will never attempt to cast Cure VI if you keep him dispelled, he has the 3 buffs at the start.
Thanx

no wonder he never cured until we were low. I keep regulator on and keep stealing his buffs, but I stopped using dark maneuvers when he got lower hp and fight got a little strained.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-15 14:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe a RDM Addle+BRD Nocturne and tossing dispel/finale to keep him stuck at proect is a thing
By clearlyamule 2018-03-15 14:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly it's time to bring back melee smn/blm with claustrum!
By Nyarlko 2018-03-15 14:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Clearly it's time to bring back melee smn/blm with claustrum!

Or maybe time for Nullis+1 to shine? XD

Do players have access to any slow effects that Haste II does not overwrite? That might also work to lock the boss up.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-15 15:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There is also Ushenzi +1, which provides greater job flexibility.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-15 15:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Maybe a RDM Addle+BRD Nocturne and tossing dispel/finale to keep him stuck at proect is a thing
Addle and Nocturne do not stack, both are fire based as well.
[+]