2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2018-03-22 14:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
altdorf and wilheim are the same agility if you can’t find a high quality ear.

There's AGI+5 ear? Name?

Also Altdorf/Wilheim camping gave me nightmare, so I'd rather pass ._.
By geigei 2018-03-22 14:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone able to convert that haste/flurry check for ashita?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-22 15:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Someone in channel was looking at it. If nothing comes of it over the next week or two I'll build it directly into ashitacast myself. I don't like stomping over newer members contributions.
By geigei 2018-03-22 15:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
geigei said: »
Someone in channel was looking at it. If nothing comes of it over the next week or two I'll build it directly into ashitacast myself. I don't like stomping over newer members contributions.
Nice, appreciate it.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-22 17:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Site updated, guide updated:

- Leaden Salute: Dream Tier, Mid Tier,
- Wildfire: Dream Tier, Mid Tier,
- Quick Draw: Dmg Dream Tier, Dmg Mid Tier,
- Idle: Meva and Resist Swaps.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-22 18:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
altdorf and wilheim are the same agility if you can’t find a high quality ear.

There's AGI+5 ear? Name?

Also Altdorf/Wilheim camping gave me nightmare, so I'd rather pass ._.
the two in your set give 8 combined with the hq, set ears give that plus 1 racc/ratk (lol), just would mention it if anyone is pursuing the set and hq agi ears aren't ever made, like most servers I'd imagine
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-03-22 18:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
This is seriously excellent! Thank you for tracking those buff ids down. Will add to the lua in OP soon.

Np, glad to add something to it. Using your lua saved me a ton of time and better then would have came up with on my own.

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Buffs IDs are part of the windower resources >.>

yea, what I posted didn't take much to do. I spent past few days trying to find a work around for blurred proc. I couldn't get find a way to corner the buff gain in a way that I knew it wasn't from a spell consistently or track down the proc in packets.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-22 18:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Since this fight has amnesia aura, also made a ranged white dmg set for amnesia too....Should have done it long time ago tbh.

ItemSet 357484
*Swap to Oshosi/lanun +3 hands if TS up.
*Crit-hit +10% back.
Adhemar feet has true shot bonus, thus it's picked since I almost always shoot in true shot range whenever amnesia aura is up. But oshosi feet is probably a good idea for better mdef.

Due to amnesia, I've also found that Empyrean weapons in general are pretty effective this month due to the ODT aftermath. I've been doing most of my fights on Kannagi NIN (and doing as good or better than any other melees we've used). I have done some ranged setups too as both RNG & COR, and I found Armageddon quite effective with a set very similar to Afania's suggestion. I've been using my default Empy crit set, which still retained some Racc/STP options that I normally use just because I didn't really think to totally optimize for no WS - i.e., Iskur Gorget and Enervating/Neritic earrings (I don't have Telos). You might also want to keep Iskur in particular if Racc is an issue. My Gandiva using RNG LS-mate similarly performed well - both of us were outperforming Fomalhauts.

From a COR perspective, it might also be worth using somewhat unusual rolls for this fight - specifically, Rogue's Roll may be one of the top options if you're doing any setup where the DDs fight through amnesia at the moogles. I'm kinda thinking Chaos/Rogue's may be COR's top priorities for this fight.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-22 18:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

chaos/rogue's if using ranged, with melee, fighter's still probably a tad better
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-22 18:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah maybe still Fighter's for melee. Still, I can't imagine Rogue's is far behind for this fight, and may depend a lot on precisely what jobs you're using. I'm kinda curious to try em both in my own groups and see how it impacts the total dps.
By Afania 2018-03-22 19:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Since this fight has amnesia aura, also made a ranged white dmg set for amnesia too....Should have done it long time ago tbh.

ItemSet 357484
*Swap to Oshosi/lanun +3 hands if TS up.
*Crit-hit +10% back.
Adhemar feet has true shot bonus, thus it's picked since I almost always shoot in true shot range whenever amnesia aura is up. But oshosi feet is probably a good idea for better mdef.

Due to amnesia, I've also found that Empyrean weapons in general are pretty effective this month due to the ODT aftermath. I've been doing most of my fights on Kannagi NIN (and doing as good or better than any other melees we've used). I have done some ranged setups too as both RNG & COR, and I found Armageddon quite effective with a set very similar to Afania's suggestion. I've been using my default Empy crit set, which still retained some Racc/STP options that I normally use just because I didn't really think to totally optimize for no WS - i.e., Iskur Gorget and Enervating/Neritic earrings (I don't have Telos). You might also want to keep Iskur in particular if Racc is an issue. My Gandiva using RNG LS-mate similarly performed well - both of us were outperforming Fomalhauts.

From a COR perspective, it might also be worth using somewhat unusual rolls for this fight - specifically, Rogue's Roll may be one of the top options if you're doing any setup where the DDs fight through amnesia at the moogles. I'm kinda thinking Chaos/Rogue's may be COR's top priorities for this fight.

Well Yeah, I have thought of using an Empy. However this fight is too chaotic that AM3 management just makes it harder to pay attention to where to stand. I can't full time triple shot as well, so it's even harder to get am3 back whenever it drops. There's the risk of dying and losing AM3 too.

Tl;dr:I suck so I can't DD with an empty .-. And I have empty phobia because I suck D;

Also have to say that this fight is really tests DD players skill. Skill really makes so much more dps difference than gears here. Switching to regain/movement speed set for moogle chase, pop poison item to avoid sleep and to in crit hit white DMG set could make a difference on parse.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-22 21:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh. Yeah, if you mistime things for Empy AM it can be a bummer sitting through an Amnesia SP move with no AM up. But... since the boss uses SPs at set HP percentages, it's not THAT hard to time. If you happen to miss one SP where your Empy AM wears, you can at least get 3000tp and be ready to reapply once Amnesia is off, which should keep you going through another couple Amnesia/SPs.

And I suppose you could also consider swapping to a different weapon if you get caught in an Amnesia with no AM3 up - the TP loss is pretty irrelevant since you'll end up with 3000 by the time Amnesia wears anyway.

Still, it's like crack to me to see it when it works. So satisfying to see my WAR friends leading the parse off the bat against my Kannagi NIN (or a Fomalhaut beating my Armageddon) then watch my percentage catch up and just keep on climbing and surpassing them once we have to sit through a couple Amnesias and I'm going nuts with tons of AM3-enhanced crits ;) It's those little moments that make me really smile and feel like it was worth the hassle of making a couple empys!

And in any case, it's definitely a good idea regardless of weapon to think about a stronger white damage set and less focus on TP gain for this particular fight. Totally agree with you noting that and suggesting the potential usefulness of a ranged crit set.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-22 22:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We're too scared to TP-feed during aura... are we doing it wrong?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-22 22:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't/doesn't use any moves during aura
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-23 00:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

It can't/doesn't use any moves during aura

So it too has amnesia!
By Afania 2018-03-23 03:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems safe to DD with amnesia on.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-23 08:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there a danger of it using Crystalline Flare right after tho, while people are at 1/2 HP?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-23 16:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't run into that as an issue at all. Not sure if there's an actual delay before the NM will even use C.Flare, or just our luck so far, but I've done quite a few runs so it certainly doesn't seem like a common problem. Also would have to be damn near immediate to be wiping people with low HP, since you can just cure them back up once auras wear. If you're really worried, just harp on the DDs to get into a DT- set near the end of aura time until they get cured.

Only thing we've had was tank being a little slow to move the main NM and having it call over a moogle right near the regen moogle a time or two - making that a no-go zone until the add dies (and have to use the other regen moogle if necessary for another SP aura before that happens), but nothing you can't deal with.

No reason at all not to fight during the aura though, you'll do a considerable amount of damage and are only unnecessarily slowing down your run if you stop.
 Asura.Madpyro
By Asura.Madpyro 2018-03-26 16:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So relic +3 body beats out af+3 body on weapon skills ? For leaden ? The mab is that much than the 10% wsd?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-26 16:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Madpyro said: »
So relic +3 body beats out af+3 body on weapon skills ? For leaden ? The mab is that much than the 10% wsd?

A while back I napkin math'd with a friend that 1% WSD is equal to 3-4~ MAB depending on current gear level. Relic body is 60+ so well over that side of the scale.
 Asura.Madpyro
By Asura.Madpyro 2018-03-26 17:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that’s crazy
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-26 17:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

To note that 1% WSD to 3-4 MAB is about TOTAL MAB. So it's possible with Wizards/acumen for WSD to be more meaningful. But I don't think the buffs can make 10% outclass 60+ MAB, especially as you don't normally have those buffs.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-27 11:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I haven't run into that as an issue at all. Not sure if there's an actual delay before the NM will even use C.Flare, or just our luck so far, but I've done quite a few runs so it certainly doesn't seem like a common problem. Also would have to be damn near immediate to be wiping people with low HP, since you can just cure them back up once auras wear. If you're really worried, just harp on the DDs to get into a DT- set near the end of aura time until they get cured.

Only thing we've had was tank being a little slow to move the main NM and having it call over a moogle right near the regen moogle a time or two - making that a no-go zone until the add dies (and have to use the other regen moogle if necessary for another SP aura before that happens), but nothing you can't deal with.

No reason at all not to fight during the aura though, you'll do a considerable amount of damage and are only unnecessarily slowing down your run if you stop.

It used Crystalline and Invite Over on us immediately after SPs today. There isn't any delay either... he can JA before the game drops the aura on you (tock delay probably).

On Hundred Fists, there's really nothing that can be done. But TP-feeding during SP is rolling the dice on a wipe. Maybe you'll get one of the less dangerous JA's... but you could also get Invite Over or Crystalline.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-03-28 18:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a Holliday be a an okay replacement in a Savage blade set for the magian gun?
Augs STR 19 WSD3%. I have a Hgafircian +2 w/ Weaponskill:DMG: +10% but I assume that only applies to the gun itself, didnt feel like it was doing anything to savage blade but I didnt check much.
I also realize the TP bonus gun is vastly superior but thats too much work, just curious if that holli will be decent for it
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-03-28 20:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

those are good stats for savage but because of the magian guns existence really nothing comes close to how awesome it is for savage.

the FTP (according to BGW) goes from 4 > 10.25 at 1k tp with the magian gun.
By Afania 2018-03-28 21:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
but thats too much work, just curious if that holli will be decent for it

For the increase it provides, it's wayyyyy less work than most if not all upgrade that I can think of.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-03-29 10:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
those are good stats for savage but because of the magian guns existence really nothing comes close to how awesome it is for savage.

the FTP (according to BGW) goes from 4 > 10.25 at 1k tp with the magian gun.

Yeah it's crazy. However with my work schedule and ls event schedule it doesnt leave me with much room to sit and do that. Maybe I can over a few weeks. Thanks again for the input
By Afania 2018-03-29 10:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

/discuss

For those wondering what to do with pants, I just did another spreadsheet check:

Savage Blade:
For low/mid attack situations, Lanun +3 pants are actually decent for savage blade thanks to 42 str, 27 mnd and 78 attack. It actually beats mediocre none DM augmented str/attack/wsd herc pants (8 str, 20 attack and 4% wsd) even at 20k ws range. This is due to herc pants has much lower MND and attack than lanun +3 legs, and wsd doesn't do that much if attack/ws avg is low.

At capped attack str wsd herc pants win. If you have DM augment herc pants it could win unless the attack is very low as well. For those without DM luck, pants may be worth using if you go underbuffed.

Requescat:
Pants +3 also beats Meg legs +2 for requescat in attack uncapped situations.

Swift blade:
Meg legs +2 is still BiS in attack uncapped situations.

Also I updated the dream tier swift set in the guide after I noticed certain gears, such as carmine HQ feet B, telos, Meg +2 hands outperforming previous gear choices on spreadsheet if attack isn't capped.

With dynamis campaign coming and possibility to reduce +3 prices, lanun +3 legs could be worth making for savage blade attack uncapped set at least.
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-29 12:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What's everyone's DT- set (general purpose) looks like? I feel the DT- set in the guide isn't defensive enough, and I'm looking to update a new one since surviability is COR's biggest weakness, that I feel more effort in DT- set is required to mend the job's biggest weakness.

Although Meg +2/DT augmented herc has high PDT- on them, their meva/mdef is just way too low to justify using them in today's endgame, since majority of dangerous moves are magical aoe, and PDT- can be capped in other slots.

This is what I have in mind so far, anyone has any suggestions before we put them in the guide?
ItemSet 356960

Mdef+38
Def+480
DT- 27% (Capped mdt- with shell V)
PDT- 23% (Total PDT- 50%)

Priority goes to capping PDT- 50% > Mdef > meva > HP. I prioritize mdef over meva since mdef seems more useful against higher level target.

I did not prioritize HP+ because everytime when I click DT- macro I'm usually less than 50% HP anyways, and WS/cast shadows lowers HP that I may as well forget about it.

Since all the newer gears with high mdef also has high def, this set is also good for physical aoes.

If the NM has dangerous status ailment, feel free to remove Sanare earring for hearty earring.

I also didn't put raetic +1 hands to the set because COR does not have MP, and the proc rate is just way too low that higher mdef from volte is probably better.

Raetic(+1) is a viable alternative to volte hands if you can't get it to drop though, so does oshosi(+1) head.

Are there anything that I'm missing here?
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2018-03-29 12:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it doesn't look like you are holding back on money is there a reason to choose Patricius Ring over Moonlight Ring?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 121 122 123