First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 121 122 123
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-09-23 15:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
Yeah but good thing BLM, SMN, SCH, and GEO are, right?

Hehe. Just cross-referenced the list of all jobs that have native dagger skill (18 of 22 jobs! wut?) with the 16 jobs that are on Ternion. COR and PUP get screwed lol.

It's even worse when you realize that for some middle of the pack dagger skill jobs like NIN BST, Ternion +1 is, at least situationally, a BiS offhand choice. Shameful that they left COR off of this, I tell ya!

Job Skill Can use Ternion? (sorry not gonna format a pretty table for this inane commentary)
THF A+ Yes
DNC A+ Yes
COR B+ NO
RDM B Yes
BRD B- Yes
RNG B- Yes
WAR B- Yes
BST C+ Yes
NIN C+ Yes
DRK C Yes
GEO C- Yes
PLD C- Yes
PUP C- NO
BLM D Yes
SCH D Yes
DRG E Yes
SAM E Yes
SMN E Yes

No Dagger skill:
WHM n/a NO
MNK n/a NO
BLU n/a NO
RUN n/a NO
[+]
By Whynez 2020-09-25 19:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried trioing zerde today with a BRD and a GEO, and while we were able to get the stun down and break the -DT shield, we couldn't really keep it going past 90%. Any tips on taking him down w/ this strategy?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-09-25 20:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It has to do with the older weapon-type conventions they've mostly stuck with over the years for thematic reasons. Similar to how BLU isn't on Rapiers and how BLM gets Bilbos, Corsair traditionally did not get the "real daggers" and instead just got knives and similar single-edged weapons that fell into the broad category of dagger skill.

Quote:
Tried trioing zerde today with a BRD and a GEO, and while we were able to get the stun down and break the -DT shield, we couldn't really keep it going past 90%. Any tips on taking him down w/ this strategy?

Forgive my asking, as this will come off as unintentionally condescending, but are you certain you're geared to the level required for this? 10% damage really isn't much at all.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-09-25 21:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Whynez said: »

I have no idea if trio'ing on COR is possible, but see if you were missing any of the following:

- SV Prelude x2, AGI Etude x2, Dirge,
- SV Fire Threnody,
- Firestorm,
- Samurai and Wizard's Roll,
- R15 Arma for Wildfire,
- Fire Shot,
- Bolster Malaise/Acumen,
- entrust Languor on tank,
- Bravers, Soldiers, Fighters, Monarchs, Oracle temps
- full-time triple shot.
By Whynez 2020-09-26 00:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try it w/ 6 people next time using what you mentioned. Afania posted earlier they were able to do it w/ three people so I figured I'd give it a try. My WF set is pretty up to par at this point so I think with the right set up I can get it done.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-09-26 01:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bolster Languor over Acumen, Warlock's Roll as well. It will melt with even just two (obviously well geared) COR.
By Afania 2020-09-27 02:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
- full-time triple shot.

I believe melee is more ideal than shooting for this one. It's a zerg fight with dps check after all.

The guy who did it had Monberaux though, which isn't exactly easy to get.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-27 03:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
- full-time triple shot.

I believe melee is more ideal than shooting for this one. It's a zerg fight with dps check after all.

Its a DPS check using a WS that doesn't scale with TP. I usually can go WF>tripleshot>WS with one attack round of shots, and considering the stupid high level of tripleshot attainable through gear, I'd see it as a win over meleeing which will take two attack rounds to reach 1k TP after wildfire(my experience in dyna-D wave3, fully buffed for melee'ing, using path B rostam/blurred+1/armageddon). Not to mention how dangerous zerde is to stand near.

I'm not familiar with trying to 3-man it- outside of an epeen moment (which in my opinion, goes right out the window when you bring along 4 prebuffers who can't join the fight due to HP scaling wrecking the "strat"), I don't see any reason to do it with 3 vs 6 or even a safer 8. And once you just move up to that slightly higher HP, you can get all the benefits that say a RUN tank brings- a hate center to take the pain, rayke/gambit to boost Wildfire damage, and the ability to stand a safe distance and tripleshot to your heart's content without a single worry of surprise death (unless your tank goes down).
By Afania 2020-09-27 08:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
- full-time triple shot.

Its a DPS check using a WS that doesn't scale with TP.

Exactly why melee should win. Since ranged has a delay from TP to WS, melee should have higher overall ws frequency.

Ranged has an advantage with TP overflow but that's irrelevant with wf.

I don't see any reason to do it with 3 vs 6 or even a safer 8.

Epeen all day everyday :) If you don't epeen with the most OP job against that mob, what do you epeen with :).
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-09-27 09:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

- full-time triple shot.

DW tp feed would kinda freak me out. Would have to really trust your stunner.
[+]
By Afania 2020-09-27 10:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

- full-time triple shot.

DW tp feed would kinda freak me out. Would have to really trust your stunner.

I suppose ranged would be a good option if you go with 4, so adding 1 RUN which also adds damage, and opens up options to shoot.

Also subtle blow TP set!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-27 13:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd much rather take a group of

RUN
WHM

GEO
GEO
SCH
COR
COR
BRD

that keeps it at 8 vs 9, keeps the mob stable and a safe distance away from the DDs/Suppport, and covers all needs of tank/healing/buffs/debuffs/stunning/damage with much less risk of failure.

Again, if epeen is your thing to say to others "hey! we did this with three people!" then don't prebuff with an additional 3-4 who don't even get the win and are there just to stroke your ego. Pull that off, and in my book you deserve all the epeen thrown your way. <3
[+]
By Aerison 2020-09-27 16:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Whynez said: »
I'll try it w/ 6 people next time using what you mentioned. Afania posted earlier they were able to do it w/ three people so I figured I'd give it a try. My WF set is pretty up to par at this point so I think with the right set up I can get it done.

They didn't trio it, said it was another person. Just fyi.
[+]
By raycian 2020-09-27 19:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Have Fomalhaut, building DP now. I can't pull the trigger on making Armageddon. I'm sitting on the plates. Is it worth it?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-27 19:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

not particularly
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-09-27 20:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

raycian said: »
Have Fomalhaut, building DP now. I can't pull the trigger on making Armageddon. I'm sitting on the plates. Is it worth it?

I waited a long time to finish mine. I'm actually getting a surprising amount of use out of it. No regrets at all.
[+]
By Afania 2020-09-27 21:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd much rather take a group of

RUN
WHM

GEO
GEO
SCH
COR
COR
BRD

that keeps it at 8 vs 9, keeps the mob stable and a safe distance away from the DDs/Suppport, and covers all needs of tank/healing/buffs/debuffs/stunning/damage with much less risk of failure.

Again, if epeen is your thing to say to others "hey! we did this with three people!" then don't prebuff with an additional 3-4 who don't even get the win and are there just to stroke your ego. Pull that off, and in my book you deserve all the epeen thrown your way. <3

I guess I must be a jerk anytime I wanna lowman stuff with 1-3 just because I don't want to wait for other people lol.
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-27 22:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My Fomal has been gathering dust since I got Arma. It really is a game changer.
[+]
By Afania 2020-09-28 00:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

raycian said: »

Worth it is subjective. Assuming all r15, getting an armageddon even when you have DP, is a bigger boost than getting a r15 doji when you already have Masa, or getting terp/vajra when you already have twash, or lionheart when you already have r15 epeo etc.

It's a bigger game changer than vast majority of "No.2 REMA" because it covers different elemental damage.

If you have other jobs that needs rema, feel free to save gil for it. If cor is your main, 100% worth it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-28 03:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

or getting terp/vajra when you already have twash
It's a bigger game changer than vast majority of "No.2 REMA" because it covers different elemental damage.

Actually Vajra is kinda similar here. It covers Fusion WS to make strong Light SC on THF.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-09-28 07:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly would those situations, where Arma is a "game changer" be? Not arguing that it is isn't good, just interested in the particulars.
By SimonSes 2020-09-28 07:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
What exactly would those situations, where Arma is a "game changer" be? Not arguing that it is isn't good, just interested in the particulars.

They probably means 3 things:
1. You have strong magical WS when Leaden is resisted, like for example Wave 3. Ofc you can use Wildfire with other guns, but 70AGI and 10% bonus with R15 makes Armageddon significantly better.
2. Its very universal. You can hit strong Leaden, Wildfire or Last Stand and you can do do much more damage with shoots.
3. You can build completely around shot damage, but Im not sure if thats so good on COR or if thats overall competitive with Fomal spamming LS for damage. On RNG you have other benefits of that niche strategy like Dead Aim job trait which significantly push shot damage up and make it much more competitive damage wise vs just WSing and probably even more important thing is Decoy shot, which when used properly not only let you do hate free damage with that build, but also provide big hate advantage for tank, so its even easier for tank to hold hate vs other DDs in group.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-09-28 07:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
2. Its very universal. You can hit strong Leaden, Wildfire or Last Stand and you can do do much more damage with shoots.

Wouldn't this point only make sense if Arma is your only REMA weapon? Otherwise you'd want to use DP/Foma with their respective skills anyway.
By geigei 2020-09-28 07:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't this point only make sense if Arma is your only REMA weapon?
Yes.
By Afania 2020-09-28 08:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Escha T3, some of the T4, wave 3 volte, Qutrub ambuscade. Maybe omen bosses too? Never try that though.

Also the bullet is part of max racc/macc set. And the gun can hit pretty much anything in game unbuffed.

Wouldn't this point only make sense if Arma is your only REMA weapon? Otherwise you'd want to use DP/Foma with their respective skills anyway.

I wouldn't give up on the power of leaden DP and self SC from fomal.

Gonna get them all.

or getting terp/vajra when you already have twash

Actually Vajra is kinda similar here. It covers Fusion WS to make strong Light SC on THF.

I know more than a couple of career THFs never bother with Vajra. And more than a couple of cor ended up getting an armageddon when they see the parse in action.

So I find comparing them kinda silly lol. OH ***FUSION WS!!!!
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-28 08:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

On short term fights, AM3 is huge amounts of damage when combined with Triple/Quad shot.

Has there been any formal testing on Relic+3 Quad Shot rate? Eyeballing, it seems something ridiculous, like 20%, but I can't discount confirmation bias.
By SimonSes 2020-09-28 08:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I know more than a couple of career THFs never bother with Vajra. And more than a couple of cor ended up getting an armageddon when they see the parse in action.

And this suppose to be an argument lol? I could give you several reasons why you dont see many Vajras but you see Armageddons. Biggest would be COR is bandwagon jobs and being bandwagoned also by rich players, they simply do all REMAs for it even for small niche gains or even just for completion sake. THF is usually only bandwagoned for farming outdated events or in full buff scenario. Vajra is more of a weapon for THF players that use THF for many things. Not only providing significant light SC, but also being by far the best weapon for solo harder things with Trusts ie: Odyssey C (because of AM3 synergy with Malignance and Mandalic being the best WS in low attack scenario). Most THF players dont even make REMA and just use Tauret.
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-09-28 13:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait yall saying r15 arma wildfire outdoes r15 DP on the w3 fomors? I might build it for that alone if that's the case...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-28 16:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

AM3 paired with quad shot -check.
A non-dark based elemental WS that actually deals damage -check.
Said WS has beautiful hate properties for a job that these days builds hate way too easily -check.
Said WS even self-chains? -check.
Weapon that laughs in the face of Amnesia? -check.
Dual use if you ever level RNG? -check.

Not in the least. Situations can change, hybrid needs can arise. Its a lovely weapon that gives you so much. Should a person build it first? I sure don't think so. But just because you don't built it first doesn't mean it doesn't deserve some love.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-09-28 17:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Trumpet said: »
Wait yall saying r15 arma wildfire outdoes r15 DP on the w3 fomors? I might build it for that alone if that's the case...
Assuming you're using Wildfire, yeah.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 121 122 123