New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 121 122 123
By Pilipinoboi 2018-12-26 19:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently started investing into my COR a little more now that my main job of DRK is capped gear-wise plus our Dyna group has shifted focus from melee burns to RNG/COR burns.

I know that I need Rostam x2, Neck +2, and Nisroch for /ra TP BiS to complete my sets but I was wondering what good alternatives there are to improve my current Dyna leaden set? (Aside from the rostam's and neck)

Afania was mentioning Eletta dagger but in a scenario pre-rostam, would Eletta Sword/Dagger suffice or Rapier +1/Eletta dagger?

Currently here is my gear set for Dynamis Leaden Salute;

ItemSet 364084

I just swapped out of my Carmine +1 hands to the herc because I recently scored a M.Acc 32, MAB35 augment for them. Now, I assume the loss of 7 MAB from Carmine +1 is well worth the gain of M.Acc 32?

I average about 40k Leaden's and have on occasion hit capped 99,999 on W3 boss with this set. (DP is Rank 15)

Any tips and critique is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
By Afania 2018-12-26 21:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pilipinoboi said: »
I've recently started investing into my COR a little more now that my main job of DRK is capped gear-wise plus our Dyna group has shifted focus from melee burns to RNG/COR burns.

I know that I need Rostam x2, Neck +2, and Nisroch for /ra TP BiS to complete my sets but I was wondering what good alternatives there are to improve my current Dyna leaden set? (Aside from the rostam's and neck)

Afania was mentioning Eletta dagger but in a scenario pre-rostam, would Eletta Sword/Dagger suffice or Rapier +1/Eletta dagger?

1) If you are shooting and spamming leaden, using malaise but has zero attack buffs, then the bis tp body is empy +1 when ts is up, oshosi +1 if TS is down. This should be bis dp/leaden tp set without ts, which is a little bit different from bis fomalhaut/last stand tp set or bis armageddon tp set.

ItemSet 356190

The reason being white dmg will be extremely low without attack buffs, so its more ideal to use higher stp gears to push ftp high for higher leaden dmg. Thus megh+2 head and nisroch are swapped out for more stp.

Volte feet is potentially better than adhemar feet for more racc and str. But they are pretty much sidegrade and adhemar is easier to get anways.

2) eletta is better than rapier +1. So if you dont have rostam, of course eletta x2 is way to go.

3) macc matters on volte, thats it. Its not hard to land leaden on wave 3 boss from my experience.
 Asura.Trumpet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2018-12-28 09:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly question maybe but how are yall leveling up the necks? On other jobs I'd just gs disable neck and call it a day but that would make my rolls bad, and constantly enabling / disabling for rolls seems annoying. Thinking of making one of those melee/idleset modifiers for it but just want to see if there's an easier answer.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-12-28 10:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Changed the neck in engaged/idle to charm in lua. Didn't use any disables since that would mess with rolls.
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2018-12-28 10:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That is... significantly simpler than anything I was about to do. Thank you for saving me from myself lol
By aisukage 2018-12-28 11:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Another method you can use is to disable the neck to the +2 and changed the neck using the in game macro's when you roll. Since in game macros will still change gear weather GS has them disabled.

chaos roll
line 1 > /equip neck "Regal Necklace"
line 2 > /JA "chaos roll" <me>
line 3 > /wait 1
line 4 /equip neck "Comm. Charm +2"

and just in case you hit double up too quickly for the neck to change back you can also put the equip Neck +2 in the double up macro.

This is just another way of doing it even though i did lockfort method myself
By Spoiled 2018-12-29 01:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So eletta sword/dagger > fettering/rapier +1?

(For leaden no Rostam)
By Afania 2018-12-29 02:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoiled said: »

(For leaden no Rostam)

Yes
By geigei 2018-12-29 04:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed rostam (and all other d weapons) doesn't have dyna D: 10acc 10 macc like +1 and nq have.

This makes lanun just as accurate as rostam, minus dagger skill.

Is this intended? why they left out the extra 10acc?
By Afania 2018-12-29 04:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
why they left out the extra 10acc?

I dont view it this way.

I think its because that 10 dyna acc is supposed to work in dyna only so su4 is still worse than su5 outside of dyna. Like old relic or something.
By geigei 2018-12-29 05:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh i see, i thought it was extra 10 acc in dyna.
By SimonSes 2018-12-29 05:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

(For leaden no Rostam)

Yes
Afania said: »

(For leaden no Rostam)

Yes

Put my rapier +1 for 2.1m on ah thinking it wont sale because of that. Sold for 4.9M luckily not many people visit ffxiah or do the math on their own :)
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-29 11:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lucky you....mine wouldnt sale.....

Rapier still has an use, rdm swift blade for gravitation if they dont have mandau.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-29 14:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

from a previous post asking about body TP options outside of Nisroch, I saw that Afania mentioned Oshosi+1 and rightfully so. If your pockets aren't that deep and you're looking for an option outside of Nisroch for when Tripleshot is down, take a peek at the Mummu Jacket+2. important stats being:

AGI+44 (same as NQ Oshosi Vest, 5 less than HQ)
Racc+46(9 more than NQ Oshosi, 1 less than HQ)
STP+6 (yeah this hurts, but at least its got a healthy chunk,1 less than NQ Oshosi)
Crit Rate+9% (not really that valuable if you don't have attack buffs, but its there)

Personally, I'd rate them as Nisroch>Oshosi+1>Mummu+2>Oshosi NQ. I know many will place NQ Oshosi above Mummu+2, but hey its free and has some great stats. Pair it with the Mummu Ring for some extra racc, AGI, and crit rate.
By Afania 2018-12-29 14:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Personally, I'd rate them as Nisroch>Oshosi+1>Mummu+2>Oshosi NQ. I know many will place NQ Oshosi above Mummu+2, but hey its free and has some great stats. Pair it with the Mummu Ring for some extra racc, AGI, and crit rate.

I agree that mummu is pretty good, and it does beat oshosi nq. Thats what I use before I hq oshosi. But oshosi hq v.s nisroch is really really ws and weapon dependant.

I mean, I hit 2 digits ranged attack when I solo dyna D wave 1 boss on cor. So I dont really give a damn about extra white dmg from crits unless I know my next ws would be wf.

Stp all the way for leaden, imo. Armageddon really really benefits from nisroch. Without armageddon its not that good.
[+]
By Dgrossen 2019-01-03 13:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

New To COR and have a few questions about ranged attack. The guide lists a pre shot and mid shot set. Would this be like fast cast for casting the spell and then swap to matt/macc for landing the spell? If so for triple shot would the TS gear go into the pre shot or the mid shot set? Would a macro like this work? Thanks in advance for the help.
Equipset 1(preshot)
/ra <t> wait 1
Equipset 2(midshot)
/wait 1
Equipset tp
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-01-03 14:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

triple shot+ gear (along with double shot+ gear) go into midcast
By Afania 2019-01-05 15:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing with the idea of raetic blade tp set by boosting max mp as high as possible for more fua stp. And it seems to have quite a bit of potential.

I'm not done with the set yet but here it is:

ItemSet 364271

I have around 470 to 500 base MP in escha with normal tp set. We can trade 30 dex for 80 mp on back, remove petrov for another 110 on ring, remove herc feet for carmine feet D for another 80 MP.

In terms of food, A. Snow Cone adds 25% mp cap at 105, and 6 mnd for savage blade.

That should give cor about 875 mp in escha, which equal to 43% FUA and 21 stp. Pretty much sword version of Rostam B.

If rdm isn't available, there's a drink at moogle that recovers 3 mp per tick.

This build does require another weapon toogle to swap back to Sapara +1 once mp runs out though.

Mp consumed is based on max mp so as long as +mp is in tp set it should add fua in tp phase.

Back, ring, feet and food are some of the better slot for mp swaps. I'm not sure if other good mp slots are available. Maybe epona can be swapped out for another 100 mp for 5 FUA and 2 stp too? Am I missing good mp swaps with minimial sacrifice?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-05 15:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

store TP only applies to first hit of the raetic weapon only

seems like a terrible idea anyways.
By Afania 2019-01-05 15:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
seems like a terrible idea anyways.

How? Are you indicating using mp food/back/feet is terrible idea or use the sword itself?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-05 16:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

in general. i can give you example numbers if you share DA/TA/QA/FUA rates between MP set and a standard set.
By Afania 2019-01-05 17:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
in general. i can give you example numbers if you share DA/TA/QA/FUA rates between MP set and a standard set.

Can you sim the ws frequency if I give you MA and stp data? Can you include stp as well? Since food/slot will have stp involved and not just MA.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-05 17:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
By Afania 2019-01-05 23:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hold on and let me sort out all sets, I'll PM you since I'd like to try several different combo...I'm quite certain trading 30 dex for 80 mp is dps increase with raetic. But other slots are harder to tell.
 Asura.Yoshimuru
user: Yoshimuru
By Asura.Yoshimuru 2019-01-06 21:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently downloaded the COR gearswap on the first page , whenever I try to equip warp ring or change any equipment manually , it will keep going back to current set on gearswap , how can I change equip manually for short time without gearswap forcing back to the set?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-06 22:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Gearinfo.

Toggle Update Gear Swap off: //gi ugs
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-01-06 22:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yoshimuru said: »
I recently downloaded the COR gearswap on the first page , whenever I try to equip warp ring or change any equipment manually , it will keep going back to current set on gearswap , how can I change equip manually for short time without gearswap forcing back to the set?

I ran into this problem as well and was unaware of the workaround Arislan mentioned above, so I use the following:

//gs disable ring1
do what you need to do
//gs enable ring1
[+]
By lhova 2019-01-07 00:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question, how is Lanun knife with sub Eletta knife for leaden one shorting statues in dyna or using leaden in general? I have fettering but doubting I’ll be getting rostam. My Lanun is almost rank 15. Has a lot of magic damage on Eletta.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-07 00:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Quick question, how is Lanun knife with sub Eletta knife for leaden one shorting statues in dyna or using leaden in general? I have fettering but doubting I’ll be getting rostam. My Lanun is almost rank 15. Has a lot of magic damage on Eletta.

works fine. wizard roll lanun + eletta 1shots statues just fine even with just a Fomal.
 Asura.Nohearts
user: zufafa
By Asura.Nohearts 2019-01-07 00:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Question a Herculean Helm with an augment of +29 magic attack bns, magic acc +21 and Weapon Skill +2% wouldnt that be better then using Pixie Hairpin +1?
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 121 122 123