Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 121 122 123
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-09-17 01:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm running Path A Rostam currently and I'm a pretty big fan. Great general purpose aug with the DA/STP because it works for melee and ranged. Maybe after i finish Rank 25 Rostam I'll augment my Lanun with Path B.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-17 02:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Melee can weaponskill faster than shooting due to RA delay lockout although the TP return you get from Savage Blade is much lower than Leaden Salute or Last Stand, so in practice it might not be. In my experience ranged wins if you're using Leaden Salute. If you're using Last Stand then I'm not sure although there's also huge practical benefits from shooting. You don't need any kind of defensive buffs and you don't need to bifurcate your offensive buffs.

To be specific, I'm asking about wave 3 boss optimal DD style in a melee setup. So it's melee leaden v.s ranged leaden, not melee savage v.s ranged leaden,

Savage blade really can't compete with leaden with malaise on wave 3 boss. I've done tons of wave 3 boss clear runs and have parse data of every run. Savage blade normally came out avg 24 to 25k after a 20 min fight, despite it occasionally hits 37k spikes the avg really wasn't as high on scoreboard in the long run.

Leaden on then other hand, avg 40 to 45k on parse after win, and easily spike over 80k in bolster phase even if you ws as close to 1000 tp as possible. The dmg difference between leaden and savage(or any other physical ws including resolution from war) is night and day.

I really really doubt shooting full time wins in this case, since there's still 1600 acc requirement which requires racc swaps with prelude, and since boss last so long I'm not seeing how it's possible to maintain TS entire time. Even if every RD is successful you'd only get 4 TS with 1 cor, 7(?) TS with 2, so thats 10 min of TS max. And boss normally dont die in 10 min, at least with our group or other groups that Ive seen.

However ra mode may be worth considering when TS is up if it's proven to out dps melee mode. It also bypasses PD if boss uses it, which is kinda nice.

The safety from ranged isn't something I'd consider when I go with main group since my main group is swimming with manpower for additional support. We never wipe or anything with melee setup, and in last 3 runs with main group I only die once across all 3 run to a luopan from geo add. I'd pick a more offensive playstyle over ranged since the safety from attacking from a distance is not something I care about atm. I'd only consider ranged if /ra for tp out parse melee for tp with melee acc songs.

I'm not sure I see your point in regards to requiring Preludes.
Meleeing requires Madrigals. Is using Pianissimo or simply doing two sets of songs truly that cumbersome? If you're Leaden is averaging 40-45k and you're going as soon as you hit 1000, then you have a lot of room to scale Leaden http://FTP. The TP overflow from TS/QS leads to close to double the FTP of spamming at 1000 even after accounting for Moonshade Earring.

In regards to full time TS

TS -> RD -> TS -> RD -> TS -> WC ->
TS -> RD -> TS -> RD -> TS

Potentially 9 Triple Shots (12.5 minutes) which you can force reset using Loaded Deck.

You're also stating that you're not concerned about the additional support required because your group is well supported, but that's not a strong argument. Any required support for a melee setup is part of the true cost for meleeing.
By Afania 2018-09-17 03:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee can weaponskill faster than shooting due to RA delay lockout although the TP return you get from Savage Blade is much lower than Leaden Salute or Last Stand, so in practice it might not be. In my experience ranged wins if you're using Leaden Salute. If you're using Last Stand then I'm not sure although there's also huge practical benefits from shooting. You don't need any kind of defensive buffs and you don't need to bifurcate your offensive buffs.

To be specific, I'm asking about wave 3 boss optimal DD style in a melee setup. So it's melee leaden v.s ranged leaden, not melee savage v.s ranged leaden,

Savage blade really can't compete with leaden with malaise on wave 3 boss. I've done tons of wave 3 boss clear runs and have parse data of every run. Savage blade normally came out avg 24 to 25k after a 20 min fight, despite it occasionally hits 37k spikes the avg really wasn't as high on scoreboard in the long run.

Leaden on then other hand, avg 40 to 45k on parse after win, and easily spike over 80k in bolster phase even if you ws as close to 1000 tp as possible. The dmg difference between leaden and savage(or any other physical ws including resolution from war) is night and day.

I really really doubt shooting full time wins in this case, since there's still 1600 acc requirement which requires racc swaps with prelude, and since boss last so long I'm not seeing how it's possible to maintain TS entire time. Even if every RD is successful you'd only get 4 TS with 1 cor, 7(?) TS with 2, so thats 10 min of TS max. And boss normally dont die in 10 min, at least with our group or other groups that Ive seen.

However ra mode may be worth considering when TS is up if it's proven to out dps melee mode. It also bypasses PD if boss uses it, which is kinda nice.

The safety from ranged isn't something I'd consider when I go with main group since my main group is swimming with manpower for additional support. We never wipe or anything with melee setup, and in last 3 runs with main group I only die once across all 3 run to a luopan from geo add. I'd pick a more offensive playstyle over ranged since the safety from attacking from a distance is not something I care about atm. I'd only consider ranged if /ra for tp out parse melee for tp with melee acc songs.

I'm not sure I see your point in regards to requiring Preludes.
Meleeing requires Madrigals. Is using Pianissimo or simply doing two sets of songs truly that cumbersome? If you're Leaden is averaging 40-45k and you're going as soon as you hit 1000, then you have a lot of room to scale Leaden http://FTP. The TP overflow from TS/QS leads to close to double the FTP of spamming at 1000 even after accounting for Moonshade Earring.

In regards to full time TS

TS -> RD -> TS -> RD -> TS

Potentially 9 Triple Shots (12.5 minutes) which you can force reset using Loaded Deck.

You're also stating that you're not concerned about the additional support required because your group is well supported, but that's not a strong argument. Any required support for a melee setup is part of the true cost for meleeing.

1) we usually go with melee setup, in that case cor gets melee songs. Doing 2 sets of songs and brd swapping just for cor seems cumbersome if melee turns out to have same or better output than ranged.

Also have to say that leaden doesn't work on adds and last stand is weaker than savage blade, so it's way more ideal to keep melee songs on so cor can switch to savage blade mode when adds pop. No thanks to pianissimo prelude erasing my precious melee songs.

2) 2000 tp per leaden is not a strong argument if ws frequency is worse with ranged mode.

3) other melee in pt is already getting the support for melee, so you are not "wasting" them since other people need it. If you change to ranged mode while support is present for melee, and ended up doing less dps as a result, then it's dps sacrifice for no gain.

As a general rule, you either go all ranged in entire pt and take advantage of less support, or go all melee so everyone gets same support. With the exception of certain circumstances(deaths, amnesia spam NM, underbuffed etc) the worst thing a cor can do in melee pt is geo do wilt/vex/attunement for other melee and cor still /ra from a distance, the defensive bubbles only benefit 2 person instead of 3. On top of that whm doesn't get more mp return from curagas. If ranged can't out dps melee in this case, then it's not worth it.

And another general rule, melee kills faster than ranged. Since dyna is a 2.5hr raid with an NM resists leaden, not seeing how a all ranged setup can clear the whole zone as fast as melee.

We generally clear the whole zone include 8 fetter and wave 3 boss with 30+ min left, unless ranged setup is proven to clear faster than that it doesn't seem to worth it to change from melee to ranged when melee already clear so damn fast.

I'm open to a ranged group that can prove ranged > melee if they can manage a full clear run with 40 min left though.

There are also no real cost to throw more support at it in my main group. With 40 regular people and 18(or more) people per run, there are tons of room for people to come geos(who may not have rng geared at all) do defensive bubbles for melee. Really the low support benefit is only appealing to smaller groups struggling to get extra geos for defensive bubbles.

Anyways the question is really "should cor shoot for dps" in melee pt and there are no evidence that shows "yes" is the best answer in this case.

4) 12 min isnt enough to clear wave 3 boss in every group Ive been to, talked with, watched on stream. Full time TS is as unrealistic as it can be. We do full time TS setup in escha T4 ranged setup stack 3 cor per pt all the time, I already know how powerful it is with multiple cor. But without revit and in melee pt TS doesn't last as long.

Honestly, just not seeing a full time shooting mode out dps melee here. Even during TS I seriously doubt it wins with the power of path B rostam.

I'll try to do a ranged v.s melee calculation by hand this week if I get time for it, or just do a parse test. Some quick math, With rostam/blurred combo I'm getting 2+ swing per round on main hand, 1.7 offhand. Its incredibly fast to hit 1000 tp.

Have you ever try melee leaden with blurred x2 or path b/blurred? It's just that much faster than ranged mode or even savage mode. Just that blurred mainhand doesnt have the mdmg like Rostam, rostam is on a new tier for melee leaden with faster tp speed and stronger ws.
By Fendarin007 2018-09-17 04:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania woukd u mind posting a accracc set for wave 3 dyna please I’m really struggling to extend those sc atm any help would be great ty
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-09-17 04:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
On the group i go with, with have 3 perma CORs on the disjoined mega boss spamming leaden and other 2 or maybe 3 normal DDs do disjoined/adds when they pop, cor really destroys any other DD on the mega bosses with all fetters, there's really 0 contest here.

Not to nitpick or say Leaden isn't great, but you're essentially saying you're letting the CORs DPS the Mega for free while other DDs have to kill the adds which is basically 5-6minutes total for 4 sets of adds. Of course COR is going to win the Disjoined parse by a landslide. Unless I am misunderstanding you and even the CORs help with adds too.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-17 07:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The common misconception is that its a gold
DirectX said: »
There's 11 Rostram for sale on Asura AH atm. Will be 200M in no time (maybe).

Valefor.Angierus said: »
I think of it as a gold rush for crafters. I watched someone blow up hundreds of mil of mats only to make 1 Su4 so regardless of quantity I'm sure they'll hover around the 250-300m mark just because of that alone.

I think everyone thinks its a gold rush, and to some degree it is, but like with all crafting there is enough people out there to where you need to luck to get a "gold rush"

The weapons (recently gone down b/c Demon's Medals price) have been 22m-25m per synth. I have had numerous sessions of blowing up 400m+ in materials with nothing to show for, but if you sell one weapon for 400m on the AH people think you are rich. And that you are asking astronomical prices and deserve to be burned from a cross

If some guy goes 2/6 on HQ2 yeah ofc he can sell them at 200m and be fine, but he was lucky he went 2/6. The thing that will drive the price down for sure is if more and more people do dynamis and the price of Beasmen/Kindred/Demon drops.

Point being if you just go off normally accepted HQ rates/odds the price of 350~ m is "about" the break even on these weapons for crafters. When the prices of medals at 4/4/6
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-17 10:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Not to nitpick or say Leaden isn't great, but you're essentially saying you're letting the CORs DPS the Mega for free while other DDs have to kill the adds which is basically 5-6minutes total for 4 sets of adds. Of course COR is going to win the Disjoined parse by a landslide. Unless I am misunderstanding you and even the CORs help with adds too.

Cor actually doesn't gain advantage by staying on mega on parse. From my experience, every time when adds out leaden damage dropped to less than 20k, but physical ws like savage blade still stay over 30k on adds. You are acting like DDs killing add doesn't add dmg on parse. Considering how weak those adds are they probably do way more dmg during this phase than leaden lol.

I think cor actually do more dps by switching weapons to savage blade and ws on adds than continue to dps on mega with leaden.

But with all the lags when adds out, if cor is lazy with weapon swap (like me) then continue to DD on mega is fine, and "win a landslide" doesn't came from not switching targets, just leaden avg.

Edit: now that I think about it, people may be referring to using name filters for parse. I generally prefer reset entire scoreboard before engage and read the whole thing, but there is a chance that my parse data from someome else is the result of filters on one single nm as well. I'd need to try leaden again and make sure scoreboard is reset next time.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-09-17 10:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor actually doesn't gain advantage by staying on mega on parse. From my experience, every time when adds out leaden damage dropped to less than 20k, but physical ws like savage blade still stay over 30k on adds. You are acting like DDs killing add doesn't add dmg on parse.

I think cor actually do more dps by switching weapons to savage blade and ws on adds than continue to dps on mega with leaden.

But with all the lags when adds out, if cor is lazy with weapon swap (like me) then continue to DD on mega is fine, and "win a landslide" doesn't came from not switching targets, just leaden avg.

Where exactly do I contend 1) COR isn't great 2) Leaden isn't great. 3) COR isn't the best DD for wave3 mega.

Are you saying it isn't unfair to let some DDs stay on the Disjoined and have the others kill adds, which would highly impact the parse if you filter for Disjoined? I was only commenting on how unfair it sounds to the other DD in his group to relegate them to add duty and potentially filter for only Disjoined and claim the CORs "destroyed" the other DD.
By Afania 2018-09-17 10:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor actually doesn't gain advantage by staying on mega on parse. From my experience, every time when adds out leaden damage dropped to less than 20k, but physical ws like savage blade still stay over 30k on adds. You are acting like DDs killing add doesn't add dmg on parse.

Where exactly do I contend 1) COR isn't great 2) Leaden isn't great. 3) COR isn't the best DD for wave3 mega.

Are you saying it isn't unfair to let some DDs stay on the Disjoined and have the others kill adds, which would highly impact the parse if you filter for Disjoined. I was only commenting on how unfair it sounds to the other DD in his group to relegate them to add duty and potentially filter for only Disjoined and claim the CORs "destroyed" the other DD.

I know you didnt say 1) to 3). I only said some people collect parse data by resetting the parse before NM instead of filter one single NM. That may be how they or my group collect parse result. (Which is something we need to double check next time) In that case, DD won't be in an advantage to fight adds at all, it's complete opposite because reduced leaden dmg on adds phase.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-17 10:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

I mean, you wouldn't be doing it, if you weren't making money. so.

That price de-escalated quickly. lol.

340m 300m 297m 250m 241m FeelsBadMan
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-09-18 03:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
I'm running Path A Rostam currently and I'm a pretty big fan. Great general purpose aug with the DA/STP because it works for melee and ranged. Maybe after i finish Rank 25 Rostam I'll augment my Lanun with Path B.
It's double damage not DA. NA translation error.
[+]
By Fendarin007 2018-09-18 04:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a max melee acc set they can share. Ty in advanced
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-18 07:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Disjoined Taru parse from our windy last night.
Dean - DRK
Fiasko - WAR
Arth - THF

We all switched and killed adds, no one got to "stay" on the boss. I do think Fiasko died towards the end. Was pretty laggy and dual boxing a GEO so there was plenty of TP overflow happening on my Leaden's.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-09-18 08:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fendarin007 said: »

Afania woukd u mind posting a accracc set for wave 3 dyna please I’m really struggling to extend those sc atm any help would be great ty

There are acc/racc swaps listed in the guide.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-18 08:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

There are acc/racc swaps listed in the guide.
@Fendarin007
I had 1201 acc in my TP set and parsed at 94% including wave3. Acc on wave3 is dependent on your buffs. Madrigals/Precision/Torpor. COR isnt ever going to get 1500 on a TP set.

R acc. 1414
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-09-18 08:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
It's double damage not DA. NA translation error.

Right, I even read that on Wiki lol. Thanks for correcting me.
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2018-09-18 09:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello - Question about Arislan's COR Lua from the FFXI luck of the Corsair Guide, specifically for quickdraw functionality.

So its set up with primary and secondary shot selection, targeting selection, etc.... but how do I actually shoot the selected quickdraw?

I can manually shoot different shots if I put them in macros, but that doesn't seem to use lua selection functionality. WHAT OBVIOUS THING AM I MISSING!! Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Arislan-COR.lua
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-18 09:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

it's all listed at the top

Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2018-09-18 10:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh thanks. I somehow missinterpreted the first two on that list. Got it. I was looking for a bound command.
By Afania 2018-09-18 11:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

this is mine:
Max racc:
ItemSet 242238
Hands path C

Max melee acc:
ItemSet 340842
Hands path A
DA+10% PDT-10% on back.

Depending on buffs you may not need this high, in that case swap carmine legs to samnuha tights max, and earring to suppa.

For fetter use lowest acc tp set.

High acc hybrid for dyna D:
ItemSet 360025
DA+10% PDT-10% on back

Always always hybrid whenever fighting GEO, WAR, or pull hate.

Another note for ambu back augment in a high acc melee tp set: DA+10 > STP +10 because DA are more valuable in a low multi attack set like hybrid or high acc swaps.
[+]
 Asura.Celious
user: celious
By Asura.Celious 2018-09-18 22:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bit confused about the whole haste/dual wield cap sets on the first page. The title of the sets says I'll need 36% dual wield with capped magic haste, but BG-wiki says I only need 21(assuming I'm /dnc)?

I'm trying to put together a gear set for melee tp. Typically I'm /DNC, Haste II, Haste Samba, and have indi-haste from my dualbox mule. I think I'll only need ~22ish% DW to cap given those conditions? Looking to get some clarification on it.

Here's the gear set I'm aiming for: (I haven't done any escha NMs yet, so everything is either Ambu, or high-tier battlefield items).

ItemSet 361428

EDIT: Atoyax is augmented with OAT and +10MAB. Cape is 20 Dex/ 10 Dual Wield/ 30 Acc/ 20 Atk.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-18 22:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It means you need 36 not counting what you get via traits, disregarding Haste Samba. With /DNC, you need 21 in gear without /DNC Samba, or ~9 with.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-09-19 00:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celious said: »
I'm a bit confused about the whole haste/dual wield cap sets on the first page. The title of the sets says I'll need 36% dual wield with capped magic haste, but BG-wiki says I only need 21(assuming I'm /dnc)?

I'm trying to put together a gear set for melee tp. Typically I'm /DNC, Haste II, Haste Samba, and have indi-haste from my dualbox mule. I think I'll only need ~22ish% DW to cap given those conditions? Looking to get some clarification on it.

Here's the gear set I'm aiming for: (I haven't done any escha NMs yet, so everything is either Ambu, or high-tier battlefield items).

ItemSet 361428

EDIT: Atoyax is augmented with OAT and +10MAB. Cape is 20 Dex/ 10 Dual Wield/ 30 Acc/ 20 Atk.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46065/cor-and-dual-wield/

i had similar questions about this years ago, read this it should answer most of your questions on DW.
By Fendarin007 2018-09-19 04:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks afania that’s just what I needed
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-09-19 04:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Does any one have Rostam's DMG + Aug for Path A/B? They should be the same. DMG +5 thx Toralin
By Excellia 2018-09-19 09:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

With multiple Rostam aug paths, gearswap doesnt yet differentiate between them (//gs export not recognizing). Until Byrth or someone adds it, anyone know how to make it use the Phantom roll +8 dagger for rolls and STP one for ranged?
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-09-19 10:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellia said: »
With multiple Rostam aug paths, gearswap doesnt yet differentiate between them (//gs export not recognizing). Until Byrth or someone adds it, anyone know how to make it use the Phantom roll +8 dagger for rolls and STP one for ranged?

You could separate them into different bags for now.
Code
main={name="Rostam",bag="Inventory"}
main={name="Rostam",bag="Wardrobe1"}

Typed this out from memory so might not be perfect.
By Excellia 2018-09-19 10:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh neat, thanks
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 121 122 123