Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-11-26 13:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sonsuken said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
I even use it on skeles in ody C hotshot moves the needle big time !

Dropping at 2250 tp?

It’s not doing 99k but it’s doing more than savage or leaden by far
 Asura.Sonsuken
user: Slore
By Asura.Sonsuken 2022-11-26 15:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Orpehus Sash better for Hot Shot? I know its a hybrid but magical properties
 Asura.Sonsuken
user: Slore
By Asura.Sonsuken 2022-11-26 16:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It is not better from my testing on Locus Dire Bats in KRT. What is everyone getting from their hot shot sets in KRT? Tried the bats for shits and giggles and only getting like 33k hot shots and they are listed as 135 lvl and sheol floor 6 is listed as 134 so they should be comparable. Granted I do not have a brd for songs to test on, I'm simply using trusts.
By Afania 2022-11-27 02:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Orpehus Sash better for Hot Shot? I know its a hybrid but magical properties

Hot shot related things was discussed on page 105.

-Yes you should be using o.sash if you are meleeing. But not shooting nor wsing against qutrub. Fotia belt is generally better for qutrub due to WS capping without O.sash and getting extra chance to proc that 1%.

-I generally WS at 1250 TP+. And thats already one shotting bats with 65k-85k dmg in C farm. Waiting until 2000+ TP is just overkill and wasting seg imo. But if TS is up I guess it reaches 2000 naturally /shrug.

-You need attack to boost hot shot dmg. If your dmg is bad, save CC/snake eye for chaos roll. Use attack songs. Eat food with attack, use cheer with attack. (After acc capped of course)

-Fomal is better than Armageddon for hot shot.

-PT with war for warcry helps.

-Hot shot works well on anything weak against piercing, ghosts and qutrubs.

-Most importantly: always yell at the mages for firestorm whenever weak to HS mobs are pulled, but don't forget to cancel it against weak to leaden mobs.

Granted I do not have a brd for songs to test on

I don't think your attack is capped with trust buffs. More so if you are not using KoH for dia3.
By Afania 2022-11-27 02:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Masunasu said: »
Bird-esque things, Colibri, Puk, Vultures, Bats. I use it on Qutrubs as well since I think 2 cap WS kill anyways but if it didn't WF > WF with SC damage might be better. I think Fomal is best due to TP bonus.

If you kill qutrub/ghosts with 2 hot shots, then there is no reason to do 2 WF and take the risk of someone interrupting SC and waste 1000+ tp on one DD IMO.

You also want to reduce amount of time that you swap weapons as you move between camps. The TP loss from switching do add up in the long run and it shows on parses via WS frequency.

Since the optimal gun for WF and hot shot is different, and hot shot is useful against more groups, it makes more sense to equip fomalhaut as often as you can.
By RiggityWrekd 2022-11-27 03:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys use to cap dual wield when you have to equip malignance so you don't have access to DW+6 on either adhemar body or carmine legs?

Considering /dnc, suppa and dw +10 on ambu cape you still need 6 DW to cap.
 Asura.Asalith
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2022-11-27 03:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

RiggityWrekd said: »
What do you guys use to cap dual wield when you have to equip malignance so you don't have access to DW+6 on either adhemar body or carmine legs?

Depends on the set but I use some variant of Reiki Yotai + Suppa / Ambu cape. Used to only be Reiki/Suppa but I added the Ambu cape for a new set with Empy+3 legs.

sets.engaged.MoreDT = {head="Malignance Chapeau",
body="Malignance Tabard",
hands="Malignance Gloves",
legs="Chas. Culottes +3",
feet="Malignance Boots",
neck={ name="Loricate Torque +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear="Dedition Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring={name="Chirich Ring +1",bag="Wardrobe 3"},
right_ring="Epona's Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dual Wield"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

Here's the set I have been testing recently and it has been doing pretty well.
By RiggityWrekd 2022-11-27 04:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Asalith said: »

Depends on the set but I use some variant of Reiki Yotai + Suppa / Ambu cape. Used to only be Reiki/Suppa but I added the Ambu cape for a new set with Empy+3 legs.

feet="Malignance Boots",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dual Wield"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

Thanks for sharing the set but this is not capping DW. Missing 1 DW if /nin (which I guess is ok?) And 11 on /dnc. Unless you are taking into consideration having haste samba always up?

I'm genuinely curious because I'm not sure how important it is to cap DW
By Afania 2022-11-27 04:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The best slot to swap out for DW is ambu back, losing 1 dw is not the end of the world. You don't want to sacrifice other DPS stats for 1 dw if you are close to cap.

If you need more DW than 1, and don't want to lose armor slots, then suppa/Reiki Yotai/Eabani are accessory slot choices.

That being said, unless you absolutely need to resist a status ailment(like amnesia), or need to be very defensive, like fighting the hardest mob in game, it's totally possible to cap dt with an adhemar body TP set these days, more so with Rostam.

In one of my Rostam DT set that I use in C, it caps DW with adhemar body and suppa and it still caps dt.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-21 08:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone had a made a cool post of mobs you for Ody C on COR

Hot Shot > Leaden > Savage

Cant seem to find it? Anyone recall?

Found it:
Here's my current list:
Hot Shot: Bat, Bats, Puk, Colibri, Qutrub and Vulture
Leaden*: Wyvern, Karakul, Puk, Rarab, Colibri, Crab, Marid, Jagil, Bugard, Ziz, Raptor, Leopard, Mamools**, Ram and Lotanu
Savage Blade: everything else not listed.
Wildfire***: Skeles and Bhoot
Last Stand***: Lamia

WS Prio list is: Hot Shot > Leaden > Savage > WF > Last Stand
[+]
By quelthos 2022-12-21 18:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Asalith said: »

feet="Malignance Boots",
}

You can get +9 DW on taeon boots and get Dex and ACC on it too for the other augments. which free up a lot of other slots, add Reiki Yotai and Suppa and you are capped as /dnc.

Considering that you only need Yotai and Suppa to cap /nin, changing to /dnc you only need to switch out boots to Taeon, keeps everything very simple.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2022-12-21 19:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So is general consensus these days that on Cor you don't need to savage at all in Odyssey? I rarely get to bring my Cor to Sheol C lately but that's interesting to see. Most Cors I run with still just use savage unless its a handful of nice leadens like crabs, or lamia for last stand. Barely seeing any hot shot
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-21 19:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
So is general consensus these days that on Cor you don't need to savage at all in Odyssey? I rarely get to bring my Cor to Sheol C lately but that's interesting to see. Most Cors I run with still just use savage unless its a handful of nice leadens like crabs, or lamia for last stand. Barely seeing any hot shot

He used Hot Shot > Leaden > Savage as priority, I agree with all the Hot Shot mobs, but I was not using Leaden except for on Jagils/Crabs/Lotanu. The rest is all Savage Blade

except the mention stuff below that savage is horrible on Lamia/Bhoot/Skele.. Lamia I used Last Stand -> Last Stand, and bhoot/skele I use wildfire > wildfire
[+]
By Afania 2022-12-22 04:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Someone had a made a cool post of mobs you for Ody C on COR

Hot Shot > Leaden > Savage

Cant seem to find it? Anyone recall?

Found it:
Here's my current list:
Hot Shot: Bat, Bats, Puk, Colibri, Qutrub and Vulture
Leaden*: Wyvern, Karakul, Puk, Rarab, Colibri, Crab, Marid, Jagil, Bugard, Ziz, Raptor, Leopard, Mamools**, Ram and Lotanu
Savage Blade: everything else not listed.
Wildfire***: Skeles and Bhoot
Last Stand***: Lamia

WS Prio list is: Hot Shot > Leaden > Savage > WF > Last Stand

Would add Bhoot to the hot shot list.

So is general consensus these days that on Cor you don't need to savage at all in Odyssey?

You still need to SB on a number of mobs, however COR in SB mode has several disadvantage compare with ranged WS.

1) A capped DT set using a naegling TP WAY slower than Rostam, since Rostam can go a bit more offensive with 12% DT and it has FUA. And sometimes that's the difference between doing one less WS per group.

2) SB needs high attack to perform well. On higher floor it may be harder to cap. Or when BRD song drop/you rolled a bad chaos attack capping can be a problem too.

3) when triple shot is up, You can't quite spam WS disengaged not moving with SB unlike ranged WS. So the extra time that your character stuck in engage/disengaged animation and moving to melee range potentially lowers your DPS.

4) SB capped at roughly 53-55k(?)ish on with every pdl gears on my spreadsheet...if I remember correctly that is. It's not high enough to one shot mob with 1 WS. Leaden/hotshot can go much higher as you save more TP.

For seg farms, Sometimes killing 1 mob with 2 WS isn't as efficient as save for higher TP and one shot a mob because of 2 sec WS delay.

Overall ranged leaden/hotshot is just more versatile, so I try to move out of SB mode whenever I can personally.

Barely seeing any hot shot

Because most people don't care about their dmg. "Not using hot shot" isn't anywhere close to the only example of people not caring about their DPS anyways.....

I've seen worst, like roll disengaged and bust 2 times and spent total of 1.5 min doing a roll disengaged the whole time. That's about how little people care about their DPS in seg farms. *Roll eyes*
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2022-12-27 06:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

does the modern hot shot set look like the WF set, mostly nyame? or are there some slots your put more ratk in there?
By Izanami 2022-12-27 08:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

does the modern hot shot set look like the WF set, mostly nyame? or are there some slots your put more ratk in there?

Hot Shot and Wildfire should use slightly different sets. See below for the sets my damage simulator finds. These both use R30 Nyame, but when using R25 Nyame, the only difference is Sroda Ring instead of Dingir Ring with Hot Shot. The difference in damage is minor, so both work well if you don't want to buy Sroda Ring.

Hot Shot: 1500-1800 TP
ItemSet 389135

• Camulus: AGI+WSD (capped)
• Camulus: STR+WSD (uncapped)

Wildfire: 1000-1300 TP
ItemSet 389219

• Camulus: AGI+WSD

Using 1x Rostam with one Ambuscade weapon is 4% worse than using Naegling+Tauret for Hot Shot (65068 vs 67769 average damage) when capped and R25 Nyame.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-27 08:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are people uysing Chasseur's Gants +3? Last Stand?
By Izanami 2022-12-27 08:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

In the sets I've checked (vs R30 Nyame), I see Chasseur's Gants +3 in capped/uncapped Last Stand, capped Savage Blade, and capped/uncapped Evisceration.
By Afania 2022-12-27 09:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Izanami said: »
Using 1x Rostam with one Ambuscade weapon is 4% worse than using Naegling+Tauret for Hot Shot (65068 vs 67769 average damage) when capped and R25 Nyame.

Was it done with the python sim? Did you sim the overall DPS too?

Cuz on my spreadsheet I am getting much higher DPS from Rostam B using your WS numbers (65068 vs 67769 average damage) due to much faster TP speed.

And that's with glass Cannon TP set which favors naegling. Using 50% DT- TP set should favor Rostam even more.

That being said, spreadsheet sometimes has different result from sim in the past so I'm not sure if it's problem with calculation methods, or TP speed wasn't calculated in the result above. Just double checking that is.
By Izanami 2022-12-27 09:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Izanami said: »

Was it done with the python sim?

Yup. My code does not support non-Ninja TP phase yet. I simply report the combination of gear that yields the highest weapon skill damage. I do not check or report DPS, just damage. I plan to add TP phase for all jobs soon.

That said, I've noticed that the weapons equipped generally do not affect the gear choices in the other slots (with exceptions for Fencer and TP Bonus off-hands removing Moonshade, for example). So even though I show Naegling+Tauret, the augments on Rostam would be the obvious choice for TP phase.
By zixxer 2023-01-03 21:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the BIS sets in the OP been updated with the consideration of the ikenga r30? Just cleared and would like to know what to prioritize. Thank you.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-01-03 22:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
Is the BIS sets in the OP been updated with the consideration of the ikenga r30? Just cleared and would like to know what to prioritize. Thank you.
Nope, don't think any of them have been updated in years.
[+]
By dragoon1534 2023-01-05 13:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a link to an updated spreadsheet?
is it better to just RA now or is still good to melee?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-01-05 13:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

dragoon1534 said: »
What are you fighting? what buffs do you have? What support?
What gear? etc

Its not just a simple one or the other answer and will depend on a ton of stuff.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-01-05 13:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m questioning whether o sash actually works on hybrids. Fotia has performed much much better than sash for me on hot shot
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-05 14:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

If you're talking about general stuff like segment farm, sortie trash, omen...etc you're still gonna want to build a melee TP set for whatever it is you're fighting. A basic melee build would be something like nageling/gleti's knife combo, 5/5 malignance, and the appropriate accessories along with anarchy +2 for the 1,000 TP bonus. Afania has posted some really good options for higher DPS on the recent pages if you'd rather go that rout instead.

With that said, even when you are mainly meleeing it's still more effective to build tp by shooting when triple shot is up, provided your gear is up to date and you don't miss. The base triple shot activation rate is 60% with just our job mastery gifts, and our empyrean +3 body raises that to 79% without any of the Ososhi pieces to go with it. And in fact at that point I don't think it's even worth it to include any Oshosi at all. I'm pretty sure the extra sTP you get from slotting Ikenga's or Malignance into the remaining 4 main armor slots easily outweighs the extra triple shot proc rate and damage bonuses from the Oshoshi set. You're using that as a means to get better savage blades, and savage is going to be the bread and butter here. As long as you have enough ranged accuracy to hit whatever it is you're fighting and aren't flat out missing everything with anarchy that should be the way to go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't really run the math behind it, but common sense tells me it should pan out that way.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-05 14:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I’m questioning whether o sash actually works on hybrids. Fotia has performed much much better than sash for me on hot shot

Orpheus's does work on hot shot, but I've always included fotia despite that. Hot shot has a very low fTP modifier. It starts at 0.5 fTP at 1k tp and at 2k it's still just 1.55. It's also possible to miss hot shot entirely if the physical hit doesn't connect, so fotia is just a more efficient option.
[+]
By dragoon1534 2023-01-05 15:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:

If you're talking about general stuff like segment farm, sortie trash, omen...etc you're still gonna want to build a melee TP set for whatever it is you're fighting. A basic melee build would be something like nageling/gleti's knife combo, 5/5 malignance, and the appropriate accessories along with anarchy +2 for the 1,000 TP bonus. Afania has posted some really good options for higher DPS on the recent pages if you'd rather go that rout instead.

Thank you that's about what I wanted to know.
I tried looking at the gear set though out this form but there blank. the only one that shows a gear set is the hot shot wildfire gearsets.
I want to say I am a decent cor I have relic +3, empy +2 and tp gun as of right now. I was wondering what gear upgrades I should be after now with v30 ody and empy +3 out.
By Afania 2023-01-06 00:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

If A works better than B, it doesn't mean B is not working. :P maybe it's A being better. You can only know if you test B v.s empty slot.

Fotia works better at low TP because at 1000 TP it's only 0.5 ftp, so 0.1 ftp from Fotia adds a lot of "weight". At this point fotia is indeed better than sash.

However as TP bonus weapon and TP holding boost ftp higher, fotia gets weaker comparatively. Since hotshot performs better if you hold TP (From 1000-1250 is 14% increase and 28% increase from 1250-2250 according to SimonSes's spreadsheet), the situation that firing off hot shot at exactly 1000 TP is extremely rare since it's not optimal anyways.

It's going to be very difficult to know if fotia actually beat sash from using a few ws in real gameplay. Hot shot dmg varies a lot, and even small amount of TP value change will affect hot shot dmg greater than other Cor ws. So realistically even if you fire off 1000 TP v.s 1050 TP the dmg variance will be huge. But getting exactly the same TP amount multiple times for a test can be a lot of work.

I've tried both sash and fotia in game before, and both of them has "won" a couple of times as dmg number fluctuates. So I stopped doing field tests for this slot because it's too time consuming to me.

Since idk your test condition, I am not sure if the conclusion is correct unless more information about the testing methods is shared. :)

However you can try sash at melee range v.s empty slot at 3000 TP and see if sash really isn't working. This is an easier way to know. I would be surprised if it doesn't work though.
[+]
By Afania 2023-01-06 00:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

And in fact at that point I don't think it's even worth it to include any Oshosi at all. I'm pretty sure the extra sTP you get from slotting Ikenga's or Malignance into the remaining 4 main armor slots easily outweighs the extra triple shot proc rate and damage bonuses from the Oshoshi set.

Sets that beats "standard COR TS set", post it plz....

Had to open spreadsheet and recheck it multiple times. Couldn't get ikenga nor malig perform better in normal oshosi +1 slots at all. The only competitive oshosi alternative is megh +2 head because of dead aim, and even then it lose to oshosi +1 if empy AM3 isn't up.

If somebody has different spreadsheet or Python sim result or field testing results feel free to post and discuss. Just saying "I think this is better" without any math nor proof isn't convincing imo.

Edit: Also just FYI, it's only 2-3 oshosi armor slot, not 4. Relic hand is hard to replace at least for leaden/hot shot.

Edit2:
You're using that as a means to get better savage blades,

TP overflow doesn't add too much dmg for SB if you use TP bonus gun, and you still need to move to melee range for it which defeats the purpose of using TS in seg farms. TS is better to be saved for strong TP scalable ranged WS like leaden or hot shot in seg farm.
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 121 122 123