Game: FFXI
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-10 08:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

5-7 minute killz no deaths with:
x3 Nirvana
x1 Idris
x1 Regal COR
x1 Mythic PLD

On Entry Cait Sith RR on Tank, Apply Earthen Armor. GEO uses Frailty Refresh bubbles.
Two Ramuhs and one Ifrit. Ifrit SMN uses Apogee and does light SC on the pet with both Ramuhs closing. Then release and have another SMN Apogee for Flaming Crush > Volt Strike again. Pet should die in 4-5 SCs assuming he doesn't heal by getting hit while using a TP move.

Once pet is dead have a SMN ACAF. No SC all Ramuh at this point. Have PLD give boss Amnesia. After 2 ACAF BPs one SMN not using conduit will shock squall. *He is incredibly susceptible to Shock Squall. Even seeing extended stun times. This will delay his turn. He has full time reprisal so he needs to face tank for max dmg. After first ACAF rinse and repeat with another SMN.

His miasma (Zantetsuken like move) occurs after the text Boiling Over. It is not immediate. When text appears have the SMNs Geo and Cor all get 30 yalms away (SMN doing ACAF does not run out). If tank dies get up from the RR received at start and continue.

Common time was 6min with 3 min fight 3 min buffs. Volt Strikes were averaging 35k when unblocked if you wanted a benchmark.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-10 09:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

........ Seriously? You're spelliing out a summer burn strategy?
[+]
 Asura.Darian
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-10 09:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Figured people might want some detail to the nuances of the fight. You're a pretty salty person by the way. Even on threads other than just this one. If you need a friend I'm here. PMing you Discord server :-)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-10 09:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes PM me. user name is zerofuxgiven.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-10 09:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of funny to see who is using Battlemod or not based on whether they use the wrong TP move names in their writw ups.
[+]
By pchan 2018-02-10 09:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
pchan said: »
Squabble said: »
1 SMN AF/AC at a time because he turns and shield blocks after like 4-6 BP. Once the pet dies he turns back to the PLD. Just repeat and dies during 3rd AF/AC.

Is it doable w/o AC because everytime I do ambuscade and I have to reset 2H in MMM it kills the gil/hour.

Prob you can keep your gil/hour ratio by using your 1h then selling stuffs to npc in the cooldown time.
Is this a joke.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Squabble 2018-02-10 10:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
1 SMN AF/AC at a time because he turns and shield blocks after like 4-6 BP. Once the pet dies he turns back to the PLD. Just repeat and dies during 3rd AF/AC.

Prob if you use your pld 1h in enmity set it wont turn to pets even with 99999

It still turns but a well timed shock squall prolongs it.

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Nyarlko said: »

What bubbles and rolls were used?

Probably geo-frailty since its volt strike.

Frailty, Refresh, entrust Torpor. Beast & Drachen.
By Squabble 2018-02-10 11:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it doable w/o AC because everytime I do ambuscade and I have to reset 2H in MMM it kills the gil/hour.

Takes significantly longer without and may involve deaths, we haven't had a PLD death at all using our 1hr's. Just use MMM.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-10 11:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Like ok great, SMN method works, we all knew that was going to happen.

Please still focus on figuring it out for the rest of the people that don't want to/can't do/don't have SMN.
[+]
 Asura.Theenabler
By Asura.Theenabler 2018-02-10 12:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing D with no problems, haven't tried this on VD yet since there's only 5 of us on. PLD RNG COR BRD/RDM GEO/BLM. Take out the unicorn first with last stand spam. Keep doing last stand on dulla and load up the geo with haste/march. Can stun nether castigation with geo or shield bash but he will keep trying to use it, so just keep the geo hasted and stun lock it.

Edit: It does build resistance over time to stun so consider a rdm/blm over the geo if your kill speed is slower.
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-10 14:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Theenabler said: »
Doing D with no problems, haven't tried this on VD yet since there's only 5 of us on. PLD RNG COR BRD/RDM GEO/BLM. Take out the unicorn first with last stand spam. Keep doing last stand on dulla and load up the geo with haste/march. Can stun nether castigation with geo or shield bash but he will keep trying to use it, so just keep the geo hasted and stun lock it.

Edit: It does build resistance over time to stun so consider a rdm/blm over the geo if your kill speed is slower.
about how long did this method take?
By Tauroz 2018-02-10 14:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey gang, I got the win on VE with the setup:
Sam/war, Geo/whm, Trusts: Areuhut, Nashmeira II, Koru-Moru and Yoran-Oran.

Sam did light SC damage and Geo used Entrust fury, BoG + Frailty, Indi Haste. It took maybe 5mins or less with this method. My Geo isn't strong enough to handle E yet so I kept it safe to VE. I hope this helps those who would want to solo the thing.
By geigei 2018-02-10 14:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tauroz said: »
those who would want to solo

This is cancer.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-10 15:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish volume 1 didn't let you enter with less than 3. Not a big problem on my small server, but I'm sure it gets annoying with people soloing VOL1 on the more populated servers.

The whole point of Vol.1 is the gallantry, which is boosted by extra members. I can't believe people actually solo vol.1.
[+]
By Quizzy 2018-02-10 15:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole point of V1 is getting massive points very quickly. Not specifically gallantry.

People solo V1 because of the "RMEA Only" type shouts. If you have a new character or a new mule then doing 200 a pop in 5 minutes beats the hell out of spamming V2.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-10 16:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloing is -never- an acceptable answer to anything.

With the exception of; oh ***i forgot to do my weekly and its Saturday night
[+]
By Lariae 2018-02-10 16:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darian said: »

Figured people might want some detail to the nuances of the fight. You're a pretty salty person by the way. Even on threads other than just this one. If you need a friend I'm here. PMing you Discord server :-)

Well I appreciate the write up. Thanks man.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-10 17:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Entering v1 solo is indefensible and you cannot explain otherwise. Your doing everyone, INCLUDING YOURSELF, a major injustice by tying up the queue lines, and also you're giving up a huge chunk of gallantry which is not insignificant. Normally people who solo for a seal is very minimal in damage, but if you truly insist on soloing, why not just team up with 2 other soloers and make a lowman out of it? It's much better for everyone involved.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-02-10 17:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The Dullahan is just a simple game of Red Light/Green Light.

Stop attacking when you see "Charge-Up" JA (battlemod users will see Hemotoxin Wheel if you haven't updated your res files yet).

1 sec later, it'll display one of three messages:

- "Charging up", can keep attacking, Green Light, no big AOE will come,
- "Boiling Over", stop attacking, Red Light. Can TP feed with some T1 nukes if you want to shorten the wait time for Nether Castigiation. If you don't screw up and WS after the "Boiling Over" message, AOE damage will be low,
- "Miasma", keep attacking until "Boiling Over", then Red Light,

It's pretty much that simple.

If you don't enfeeble it, it won't use Charge-Up as often.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-02-10 17:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Entering v1 solo is indefensible and you cannot explain otherwise. Your doing everyone, INCLUDING YOURSELF, a major injustice by tying up the queue lines, and also you're giving up a huge chunk of gallantry which is not insignificant. Normally people who solo for a seal is very minimal in damage, but if you truly insist on soloing, why not just team up with 2 other soloers and make a lowman out of it? It's much better for everyone involved.

I solo (well, dbox, but it's still only one player!) extensively for the first few days after release, fully intending to lose every fight. :D Testing purposes. Without those like me, lots of players would be 97% clueless and just not do the content since they aren't willing to put in the time to learn the fights. Still indefensible?

I agree that it's a bad idea to solo for points though. Zero gallantry for the same or more time investment is a bad thing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-10 17:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Very niche scenario that benefits the community more than harms it. In this instance, the vast majority of players aren't spamming it for wins anyways, it's a learning experience. This isn't what were particularly talking about. It's when we already have the strategy and the plan down and people refuse to pair up and causes the entire event to be much longer than needed where the problem arises.

But since you brought this up, to everyone who tests and theory crafts ambuscade for the betterment of everybody for the first few days, thank you guys. You are the hero VanaDiel needs but doesn't deserve
[+]
By Quizzy 2018-02-10 17:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

You and a couple others are obnoxiously out of touch with reality.

I'm sorry the view from your ivory tower is so obstructed.
[+]
By pchan 2018-02-10 18:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet that's what 90% of ambuscade people do. I told you it's you against half of the server ^^. You compete with soloers both for entering and selling at ah.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-10 19:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloers wont get any points to sell anything, so no.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-02-10 19:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-02-10 19:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet that's what 90% of ambuscade people do. I told you it's you against half of the server ^^. You compete with soloers both for entering and selling at ah.

Can I get a link to support this statistic?
By pchan 2018-02-10 19:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok 90% of the player base dual boxes
 Asura.Seekerstar
By Asura.Seekerstar 2018-02-10 20:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And some of those soloers have tried to join parties, but they ran into *** who insisted upon RMEA for friggin N'runs.

Or were told that they can't go on X job, because people want BP:Rage *** bandwagon SMN who forget that you can use Ward too. God forbid Asura players actually try something different. Almost every shout is for SMN, Idris GEO, or RMEA BRD. That's extremely narrow for casual/newer players, and the sheer rudeness of some players can intimidate someone who's just trying to get gear (because gearchecks to get midrange gear make SO much sense).

'Course, that person can always pay for a few VD clears.... ohwait no they can't because they're poor.

----------rant over

Can confirm that damage is low if melees stop swinging after Boil message. The tank can poke at it or supports cast Dia repeatedly.

We had a SAM solo the pony.

The Meeble Warbles deal almost no damage.

Don't attack the dullahan (WS it? Not sure) while pony is nearby and alive; its Scintillant Lance oneshot the entire party out of nowhere, dealing about 7k to everyone. There was no multiple uses of Lance; it zapped the hell out of us.

Dullahan is incredibly susceptible to enfeebling magic, with the exception of Distract III, Blind II, and Dispel. I landed Distract III several times but was unable to Dispel it, using belle helene/resistant cast set/Saboteur. Didn't try Stymie. Silence is helpful. It's immune to Gravity and Break.

I don't believe enfeebles cause escalation (Charge---->Boil------>Deathga) because I threw everything including the kitchen sink at it while our PLD kited it after a wipe.... it never Charged. I'll note that Paralyze might be counterproductive, as it won't gain TP to complete the escalation cycle if almost every action gets eaten by Para.

Dispel spamming the Pony, much like others of its kind, tends to force Grace of Hera. Too much TP feed strengthened its AoE, it seemed.

Light skillchains will stop Miasma if performed immediately after the message; if you wait too long it seemed ineffective. Within ten seconds after the Miasma message, maybe?

So- tank on the Dullahan till My Little Pony is dead, then cautiously DD. Skillchains not recommended except for Light to break Miasma. GEO used Fury/Frailty, and I main healed/enfeeble spammed on RDM/WHM. DDs were SAM WAR BLU.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-10 21:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

wait....so you're telling me if a server is saying "RMEA onry" there's only ONE person out there without a RMEA option?

How about the non-RMEA outcasts you speak of team up and get better the way we all used to, do content at the level they can handle and slowly improve their characters and their teamwork?

Blasphemy.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16