First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-02-10 21:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
wait....so you're telling me if a server is saying "RMEA onry" there's only ONE person out there without a RMEA option?

How about the non-RMEA outcasts you speak of team up and get better the way we all used to, do content at the level they can handle and slowly improve their characters and their teamwork?

Blasphemy.

many more up-and-coming players in 2010(?) than there are now. you can literally get to 99 on any job without an iota of effort to play the job correctly versus back then where the effort was required. i would argue lowering the bar for entry has made things inviting to laziness.

but seriously you have 15 RMEAs and you can see the general point he's making.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-10 22:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jutubyaa said: »
wait....so you're telling me if a server is saying "RMEA onry" there's only ONE person out there without a RMEA option?

How about the non-RMEA outcasts you speak of team up and get better the way we all used to, do content at the level they can handle and slowly improve their characters and their teamwork?

Blasphemy.

many more up-and-coming players in 2010(?) than there are now. you can literally get to 99 on any job without an iota of effort to play the job correctly versus back then where the effort was required. i would argue lowering the bar for entry has made things inviting to laziness.

but seriously you have 15 RMEAs and you can see the general point he's making.

Just pointing out that this "RMEA or bust" is such idiocy, and we should do what we can to squash it. I know its not happening on Leviathan- hell we just did an 18-man static for some people's first aeonics, zero SMN-burns and everyone got to contribute. Yes, the core group were very strong and have several cycles under their belt. All mobs were beaten in one cycle, not half the group got the win in lower number than recycle. Its doable, and its actually quite rewarding.

I'm hoping the "RMEA-onry" crowds are the result of those who merced their own RMEA, because groups capable of beating such content are more than aware (or should be) that these shinies aren't necessary.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-10 22:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish volume 1 didn't let you enter with less than 3. Not a big problem on my small server, but I'm sure it gets annoying with people soloing VOL1 on the more populated servers.

The whole point of Vol.1 is the gallantry, which is boosted by extra members. I can't believe people actually solo vol.1.

On small server solo is often the only option anyways, since almost everyone would reject a VE duo/lowman invite because they are all like "D/VD pt or bust", and it's *** hard to make D/VD ready pt on none prime time.
By Quizzy 2018-02-11 01:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what else isn't necessary? Doing ambuscade with other people ;-)

Now go cry in a corner already!
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-11 01:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, there are difficulties between VE and VD/D.
[+]
By geigei 2018-02-11 01:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"I go solo because i'm *** gimp or idiot"
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-11 02:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Blasphemy.
By Afania 2018-02-11 02:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

Vol1 E+ isn't particularly more efficient to duo unless all members are well geared, very experienced in solo/lowman situations and have the right jobs. Players at that skill/gear level usually has the mean to do D/VD and they'd prefer D/VD instead of teaming up with another lesser geared/experienced player for E duo.

Vol2 VD can be the same as vol1 VE in terms of efficiency even as solo.

Case to the point, VE and vol2 VD takes 3 to 4 min solo last month. Try to lowman E with 3 returning players with DD jobs only, I promise you all the communication/miscommunication and bad setup will take much longer than 9 to 12 min for 1 E win and 3x more hallmarks, thus worse reward:effort ratio unless your goal is to help new people.

Gallantry can be less useful than hallmarks if you have the armors, and they have lower cap. In that case solo could be more efficient than duoing with another player who may not have the gears/jobs to contribute as much as trusts.

People also exaggerated queue time. Although I understand it IS annoying to wait for 13 pages on 1st day after the update, that rarely happen past 2nd week. It's pretty much instant after a few weeks and there are zero harm to the community to solo.

IMO, entering solo at low queue time is totally fine.

geigei said: »
"I go solo because i'm *** gimp or idiot"

The "gimp" that you talk about represents 80% of playerbase who don't even visit this forum though.

My point is, people solo because they don't have a choice. It's a video game and social justice don't apply here, just be more considerate.
[+]
 Asura.Seekerstar
Server: Asura
By Asura.Seekerstar 2018-02-11 02:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

E/N is and has been, for the most part, doable by brand new level 99s in sparks/Audolin gear if a single experienced snd slightly more geared player assists. "Better geared" = Ambuscade gear, Oboro weapon, a few common accessories (delve crap/cheap crafted items).

Not RMEA. Not in HQ abjuration gear. Not 2100 job points and tier one everything.

The important parts are the ability to work as a team and a willingness to do one's best.

Sometimes you wipe. Sometimes you wipe a LOT. Who cares? Deathga happens. You home point and try tp do better.

That does not include berating a player, claiming everything is their fault because they suck, they effed up, they're new, they had a technical issue, or any other reason.

I've come across more than one player who acts like an elitist *** over Normal friggin' Ambuscade. Those same players always pick a scapegoat if their party wipes, refusing to see that the loss might just be their fault!

That happened to me during the Meeble Family ambu.. I joined a PUG and got permission to DD on RDM/NIN. During the fight, i got a warning that my laptop was at 5% poeer because it had come unplugged without me noticing. I rushed to plug it back in, and Silence wore roughly three seconds before I was back (my firdt action was Silence). The boss called its allies and we got flattened.

As we home pointed, I was apologizing, explaining my situation, and all but one person shrugged it off as a "Well ***, let's try again".

Our white mage, whose name won't be mentioned (he's a Taru with Yagrush), began verbally tearing into me, telling me that the loss was all my fault because RDM had no business DDing any difficulty of Ambuscade, to "get rid of the melee RDM", and generally pissed me off enough that I told him quite bluntly to F*** himself and I dropped party, apologizing to the party leader for my ragequit.

I'd have left it there, except in one of my social LS someone asked me how Ambu was running. I vented a little about the incident, as people do in an LS....but it turns out that TaruWHM is ALSO a member.

He claimed that if he'd known I was an LS member he'd never have said anything; I asked him WTF that had to do with anything and quoted him directly in LS.

Those who knew me laughed in his face about what he'd said, as they had done a ton of Ambu eith me as RDM DD on Difficult. He tried to continue blaming me as more people informed him that he was dead wrong, that tech issues happen, and that he should stop blaming the red mage and recall that he, our white mage, failed to barspell and pull the Earthshaker? Meeble away, as we told him to do.

Now, I'm technically a RMEA red mage, as I have Sequence. My other gearsets are (imo) pretty damned good, and I perform well as a midrange DD who also casts support magic, enfeebling magic, and heals while spamming Savage Blade for decent damage.

Another incident happened last month, where our paladin started insulting the (full RMEA and my LSmate) BRD for refusing to do songs until the PLD stopped effing attacking the MB (it was asleep, we were rebuffing).

If this can happen to me (and my LSmate), what do you think happens to people who are casual or newer?

Yeah, people are ***, I hear about stuff all the time. This is a GAME. It's supposed to be fun. Who gives a flying rat's *** if you die? Don't get pissy; learn from it. The Fun Police don't like my view but I couldn't care lesz.

TL;DR idiots thinking that they're infallible so they blame others, gear checks for Ambu are pants-on-head HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE; stop being ***, Asura.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-11 02:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Seekerstar said: »
He claimed that if he'd known I was an LS member he'd never have said anything; I asked him WTF that had to do with anything and quoted him directly in LS.

That, too. People are generally meaner towards stranger in PUG. Not everyone enjoy playing with the others because of that.

Personally, I would rather solo than listen to people from PUG complaining about bad runs or every single mistakes 24/7(which defeats the purpose of playing a game), even if solo has slightly less point gain per runs.
[+]
By geigei 2018-02-11 02:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
The "gimp" that you talk about represents 80% of playerbase who don't even visit this forum though.

My point is, people solo because they don't have a choice. It's a video game and social justice don't apply here, just be more considerate.

I'm sorry but i don't agree.

Are you sayin only 20% of us are geared decently?

They have many choices, do vol2, do vol1 in party, skip it.
Since when is acceptable doing an event undergeared? i'm not talking about asura ***where they ask hq gear for N, whats your excuse not having a rem?

The kind of idiocy i'm talking about is where i get 2 guy from shouts who been playing for years and they cannot do a light sc together, i had last month boss blow twice every run.
By Afania 2018-02-11 03:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when is acceptable doing an event undergeared? i'm not talking about asura ***where they ask hq gear for N, whats your excuse not having a rem?

In terms of ambuscade, it is acceptable to do ambuscade undergeared and without REMA, IMO.

Isn't the point of ambuscade to provide new/returning/casual players gear? If they can't do ambuscade, what event should they do for gears?

Escha zitah for worse gear, which is also harder to solo than ambuscade and experienced players wouldn't want to pt with them?

Reisenjima T1, which can be very hard for someone in ilv 117 too.

Or lol skirmish, for worse gear and more Gil investment?

Or....Merc?

Not having a REM don't need excuses. It makes no sense that someone must grind dyna for a month before they get to participate in ambu E. Only to find that community would still reject AG relic later because "Mandau sucks" anyways.

Ambuscade is mostly soloable, and gears are extremely useful. The difficulty can be adjusted. It makes more sense to do ambuscade undergeared for gears than leech off a reisenjima pt IMO.

Edit: In fact I think it's less selfish to use their time to solo ambu for gear before they join pt, more selfish to join reisen pt undergeared and do 0 contribution lol.
[+]
 Asura.Seekerstar
By Asura.Seekerstar 2018-02-11 03:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The kind of idiocy i'm talking about is where i get 2 guy from shouts who been playing for years and they cannot do a light sc together, i had last month boss blow twice every run.

Your responses are the very essence of what's wrong with the playerbase. You're the inconsiderate one for suggesting that people skip content just because you feel inconvenienced.

Quote:
whats your excuse not having a rem?

Lol. I have three aeonics and don't have any more by my choice. I havr Ochain, Aegis, a level 80 Ragnarok that I've been too lazy to do trials on,and an Anni I haven't equipped in two years.

What's your excuse for attempting to dictate others' choice of game content?
By geigei 2018-02-11 03:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You're missing the part where a soloer is actually hurting himself, time spent queing for VE>fight>KI can be spent doing dyna/salvage/w.e > merc abj and make decent sets, what ppl did before ambush? or even before +2 sets? truth is ppl doing ambush are in for $$ and they don't even invest it in gear.

For how long you can be considered a returnee/new player? anyone willing to work can have good sets in one month, and yet this ***is going on forever.

You guys forgot this game is about socializing, doing stuff together, making friends, helping eachother.

@Seekerstar So you leeched 3 aeonics? cg, now fac out of here.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-11 03:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys forgot this game is about socializing, doing stuff together, making friends, helping eachother.

And soloing did not contradict any of that. There are times that we can play for 3hr straight on a Saturday afternoon, and there are times that we have 10 min before bed.

Just because someone choose to solo a quick VE fight for 200 points on 1:20 am when everyone already logged off doesn't mean he can't/won't do N/D/VD pt on a Saturday afternoon with 6 people when everyone is on.

Solo and PT play do not exclude each other, they are for different purposes and different time frame.

Soloing a VE on 1:20 am (or any none prime time) does not hurt anyone since nobody is on anyways.
[+]
By geigei 2018-02-11 03:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, i'm not talking about occasional entry.

Shouts going on, ppl keep spaming solo, over and over, they don't even try to pt.
[+]
 Asura.Seekerstar
By Asura.Seekerstar 2018-02-11 05:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

@Seekerstar So you leeched 3 aeonics? cg, now fac out of here.

Are you seriously claiming that I leeched my seonics?

1. To my knowledge, you and I have never met in-game. Therefore, you've never played alongside me, been part of an LS I was in, or even spoken to me. Your comment is speculation at best and pure idiocy at worst.

2. You don't get to say what I post or where I post it.

Take your elitist attitude, add your overblown perception of how Important You Are, and mix well, adding your moronic ideas of how people should play FFXI.

Congratulations. You baked a failcake.
By geigei 2018-02-11 05:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure your nixxer pld is awesome...seriously gtfo scrub
[+]
 Asura.Murisia
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-02-11 07:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

whats wrong with Nixxer? last i've seen, it does pretty good till one gets Burt? Which I happen to know she's working on. How do I know this? Because I do happen to share a LS with her? I do happen to do content with her, and I happen to be married to her.

Where's your gear? You keep it hidden yet profoundly mouth about others and berate them. Are you the leading authority of what people should have before they are considered good? Last I checked its not the gear that makes one viable. Yes the gear is a major help and i mean major, but the knowledge behind it is so much better.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-02-11 08:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting back on what matters regarding V1 this month:

[D,VD]:

Party: BRD PLD RNG COR GEO SMN

Steps:

1.Essential Buffs:

GEO Buffs: Frailty, Fury and Entrust Malaise/Torpor on PLD (based on your BP).
BRD Buffs: Honor, Dark Carol, Thunder Carol, Scherzo, Ballad for PLD and Honor, AccAttk for RNGs.
COR Buffs: Pet Rolls for SMN [we used Volts] and Sam,Chaos for DDs
SMN Buffs: Crystal Blessing, Crimson Howl, Hastega II,Earthen Armor,Ecliptic Growl [PLD buffs first].

2. PLD pulls them to starting corner and the rest go to 20'+
3. BRD, GEO keeps enfeebling magic on [The Charger] to lock it on [Grace of Hera] and remove shadows after it, also Upgraded Dia from light shots helps a lot.
4. Keep attacking [The Charger] and Kill it Asap, don't deal damage during TP. If all goes well it should die in 40-60 s.
5. You need at least 3-4 Enfeebling on it to trigger Grace, then dispel it right away.
6. We opted to PLD as a tank to weaken [The Retributionist] with [Sepulcher] and [Holy Circle].
7. Fighting [The Retributionist] needs Focus and its really not that hard just remember the moment you see [Infernal Bulwark] it means the charging cycle will begin.
High Damage and Enfeebling Magic also triggers this cycle.[we did use upgraded Dia during charging however to do more DMG]

8. First Stage [Charging>Boiling] you must do the most damage with SC's and the counter starts once you read the message of "Charging". The Retributionist gets access to [Atramentous Libations] and favors this over other moves the moment it gets enough TP which does [AoE DMG+Dispelga for multiple random buffs and Hate reset][Dispelga range can reach 20']

9. Second Stage [Boiling>Miasma] you must hold any sort of high damage and feed it the lowest damage you can since it operates exactly like Pain Sync with 100% accumulated potency, once it has enough TP to use [Nether Castigiation] make sure that everyone is 20'+.

10. Once [Nether Castigiation] is used it goes back to the initial stage etc..
If it happens to upgrade to Miasma you MUST deal high damage right away to go back to Boiling [its a short window of 10s] either use a WS or PB, from observation it seems that it needs 10k damage to be staggered back to "Boiling" [Needs confirmation]and when it does it gives this message "The boss miasma dissipates, but its rage is beginning to boil over"

In case you missed that window, everyone must go to 30'+ to avoid [Eisenschneider], once its used you can carry on again.[We think there is a timer on this move of 30s]

11. Kiting while PLD is weakened is counterproductive, a weak PLD can easily Tank The Retributionist, and BRD can give PLD [Goddess's Hymnus] before any expected KO.

12. It's recommended to /NIN for "Oh ***" moments for RNG and COR if they grab hate and/or the need to kite arises "if more were dead by mistake"

Enjoy your Grind and Good Luck~

Tip: All gather at Moogle COR use Naturalist's Roll, Switch SCH use AoE Regen with max duration, Use AoE Stoneskin, AoE Aquaveil, AoE Blink Then switch to WHM and use Pro/Shell.

Estimated HP of The Retributionist on VD is 1.2M
Accuracy 1300+

Disclaimer: Clear times may vary depending on Jobs used and Gear.
[+]
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-11 09:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN GEO SMNx3 COR

Run runs in foil to get zone hate. Face boss away from pets.
X3 Gambit X3 Rayke (Gambit lasts longer use Gambit first).

Malaise Frailty
Puppet Beast

Subterfuge, Sforzo

X2 SMN ACAF Flaming Crush

@50% third summoner pops ACAF and then carries over to pet.

@3-4 min wins
[+]
 Asura.Zihi
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Zihi 2018-02-11 09:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darian said: »
RUN GEO SMNx3 COR

Run runs in foil to get zone hate. Face boss away from pets.
X3 Gambit X3 Rayke (Gambit lasts longer use Gambit first).

Malaise Frailty
Puppet Beast

Subterfuge, Sforzo

X2 SMN ACAF Flaming Crush

@50% third summoner pops ACAF and then carries over to pet.

@3-4 min wins

this is...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-02-11 10:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
so 13min clear could be less than 10 if she was shooting.

Can confirm that 6-7 min run is doable with Ranged attack setup. Went in with PLD CORx3 BRD GEO for VD, 3 COR and 6 rolls + full time triple shot via random deal rotation absolutely destroyed it.

Rolls: Chaos/SAM/hunter/allies/misers/regain.
Bubbles: Fury/frailty entrust precision
Acc requirement is very high so SV is recommended to cap racc, but it is not necessary.

Fastest run was 6 min 10 sec including 1.5 min to 2 min buff time, triple shot was up entire time with 3x random deal rotation and WC spams. The WS/SC dmg from TP overflow from all the cor rolls and triple shot proc was absolutely insane.

Considering one of the COR parsed less than half of the other I wouldn't be surprised if other ppl manage sub 6 min clears with ranged attack setup.

Main NM seems to randomly take increased damage for reasons that we don't know.

It's actually very risky to use Ranged attack setup with CORs because of hate, I don't think it's possible to hold hate off COR with strong triple shot set going all out. In that case RNG may be the better choice for less experienced pt.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-11 10:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Laevus said: »
Sounds like a fun setup. Gonna try this out later. Always wanted to do more things with RNG Setups lately.

Yes yes this month is fun because we get to MPK whoever's unfortunate enough to play tank this month :DDD

I can see the pain and /panic from the tank every time a WS was fired after the boiling message :D

A great way to punish people being late for event (or punish them for being a taru/galka), make them come tank in ambu :D /evilgrin
By Afania 2018-02-11 11:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
12. It's recommended to /NIN for "Oh ***" moments for RNG and COR if they grab hate and/or the need to kite arises "if more were dead by mistake"

From my experience COR/WAR is fine tanking the main NM with just a brd healer, tanked main NM after PLD death /WAR with zero issue. Worst case scenario just cancel berserk and pop defender.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2018-02-11 11:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a scrub nixxer pld too, and I can tank much better than most mythic ones. Scrub needing REM to do well.
[+]
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2018-02-11 11:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Fastest run was 6 min 10 sec including 1.5 min to 2 min buff time, triple shot was up entire time with 3x random deal rotation and WC spams. The WS/SC dmg from TP overflow from all the cor rolls and triple shot proc was absolutely insane.

What was your WS and SC ? Last stand / Leaden ?
By Afania 2018-02-11 11:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Doryl said: »
Quote:

What was your WS and SC ? Last stand / Leaden ?

We just spam last stands with Fomalhaut for light, Im not sure if magical ws works well, would be great if others can share their experience.

At capped attack and acc COR probably has stronger last stands than RNG at this point because of all the TP overflow from triple shot/Quad shot + extra rolls and possibly better ws gears(WSD relic +3). 1 hit to WS at 1800+ TP happens extremely often these days on COR. Compare with 1300 TP in that JP video from RNG, COR ended up having a little bit stronger ws and SC because of higher TP.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16