Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 55 56 57
By clearlyamule 2018-01-23 19:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Now back to reality.

The odds of someone making it all the way thru without ever being a legal citizen and the government not knowing is ridiculously slim. But if he had managed that he wouldn't just get deported he'd be facing felony fraud charges and getting a bad conduct or dishonorable discharge. Possibly serving some time and then deported
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-01-23 20:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pentagon estimates 900 undocumented immigrants serving in the military - September '17

So much for that theory.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-23 20:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

900 out of 1.4 mil people in (not even counting reserves) isn't exactly a high number. Can't really find numbers for how many are even caught for general fraud let alone specific so really hard to say it isn't a small percentage especially since it doesn't carry the same legal weight until you start getting paid.

Doesn't change what would happen if they did find out
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-01-23 21:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't committing fraud, they are allowed to serve in the military.

Miltary allows DACA kids to serve - 2014
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-23 21:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Total ***, you need to have legal status in order to enlist in the US Army and need to be a US Citizen in order to be commissioned.

Already went over this awhile back, there is a very small category of people who are eligible to enlist outside of legal status and only if they have extremely hard to find skill sets. Speaking Spanish isn't a necessary skillset so their name wouldn't be Morales, more like Hashish. And upon enlisted their status is then adjusted to be legal.

But hey don't let truth and reality disrupt that nice bubble ya got going on.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-01-23 21:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Spare me the feigned sadness. Serving in the military doesn't negate the fact that he broke immigration law.

Libs only want the votes.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-23 21:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And those DACA kids who serve in the military are eligible for expedited citizenship, which perhaps renders Chanti's bleeding-heart WaPo comic moot, but WaPo isn't known for facts.
By Nausi 2018-01-23 21:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh-oh, looks like the Senate panel has an informant inside the FBI

Quote:
Sen. Johnson told Bret Baier that these texts prove evidence of “corruption at the highest levels of the FBI.” The the senator dropped a bombshell about the secret society:

“That secret society, we have an informant that’s talking about a group that was holding secret meetings offsite.”

Baier replied, “Secret meetings offsite at the Justice Department? You have an informant on that?”

Johnson said “Yes.”
By Viciouss 2018-01-23 21:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a single one of these DACA kids has "broken immigration law."
By Nausi 2018-01-23 21:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Not a single one of these DACA kids has "broken immigration law."
Empirically false.
By Nausi 2018-01-23 21:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) was an American immigration policy that allowed some individuals who entered the country as minors, and had either entered or remained in the country illegally, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and to be eligible for a work permit.

Straight from Wiki.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-23 21:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The time left for Mueller to drop this mythical bombshell on Trump is quickly running out, and I'm not even implying that the investigation will be forced to end anytime soon. The more evidence that there is of bias, corruption, conspiracy, etc. in the FBI and Mueller's team, the less meaning there will be for any findings that they release. You have to prove that a crime occurred beyond a reasonable doubt, and they're already creating reasonable doubt long before the investigation is even concluded.

How much longer will we have to see unfettered, partisan hatred backfiring on the Left before they realize that they're not doing themselves any favors?
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-01-23 21:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Mueller recently interviewed Jeff Sessions for 6 hours without us even hearing about it until long after, now he is locking in on Trump for a face to face, something tells me he is doing just fine. Its not like the alt-right is going to believe anything anyway, all that matters is whether or not he brings charges. He has already gotten several guilty pleas without caring about public opinion.
By Nausi 2018-01-23 21:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The time left for Mueller to drop this mythical bombshell on Trump is quickly running out, and I'm not even implying that the investigation will be forced to end anytime soon. The more evidence that there is of bias, corruption, conspiracy, etc. in the FBI and Mueller's team, the less meaning there will be for any findings that they release. You have to prove that a crime occurred beyond a reasonable doubt, and they're already creating reasonable doubt long before the investigation is even concluded.

How much longer will we have to see unfettered, partisan hatred backfiring on the Left before they realize that they're not doing themselves any favors?
Mueller's investigation has been grasping at straws for months now. The MSM is too busy enjoying their circle jerk to realize the water has fill up to their neck. They literally think if they don't report it, it doesn't happen.

They are about to be proven wrong.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-23 22:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mueller recently interviewed Jeff Sessions for 6 hours without us even hearing about it until long after, now he is locking in on Trump for a face to face, something tells me he is doing just fine. Its not like the alt-right is going to believe anything anyway, all that matters is whether or not he brings charges. He has already gotten several guilty pleas without caring about public opinion.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Every testimony, every conviction of people we already knew would be convicted, every contrived news story, every everything is "We've got 'im this time!"

Talking with Trump face-to-face isn't an indication that he's any closer to bring a charge than he was previously. This isn't groundbreaking detective work here. When all else fails, ask a bunch of questions that you already know the answer to and pray that they remember something incorrectly so that you can take them down for lying.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-01-23 22:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Every testimony, every conviction of people we already knew would be convicted, every contrived news story, every everything is "We've got 'im this time!"

Talking with Trump face-to-face isn't an indication that he's any closer to bring a charge than he was previously. This isn't groundbreaking detective work here. When all else fails, ask a bunch of questions that you already know the answer to and pray that they remember something incorrectly so that you can take them down for lying.

Well, Mueller has plenty of time, there is no indication he cares about any kind of pressure, whether its from Congress or the clueless alt-right. Talking to Trump would indicate he is close to the end, but since it actually is an in-depth investigation, who knows, he could be months away from finishing. Which makes your spin all the more entertaining.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-23 22:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Spin? What can I spin? There's nothing to spin. How about trying to convince everyone that something big is coming when you have nothing to back that up but pure speculation? How is that for spin?

There is more evidence that the entire investigation has been corrupted. How convenient that none of that is important enough to talk about even though baseless speculation about Trump grabs headline news.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-01-23 22:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Spin? What can I spin? There's nothing to spin. How about trying to convince everyone that something big is coming when you have nothing to back that up but pure speculation? How is that for spin?

There is more evidence that the entire investigation has been corrupted. How convenient that none of that is important enough to talk about even though baseless speculation about Trump grabs headline news.

Hoping that Mueller has been "corrupted" doesn't make it so. There hasn't been anything that even indicates that he has done something wrong since he started.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-23 23:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't committing fraud, they are allowed to serve in the military.

Miltary allows DACA kids to serve - 2014
Super late but I'm referring to that comic in specific so it's highly unlikely.

It's an expansion of the program to get foreign nationals with vital skills generally healthcare or expertise in languages and cultures that are critical to the DoD. While possible there are a lot of hurdles for DACA that makes this unlikely. Namely what are the odds a kid of someone that felt the need to come here illegally already have enough medical training in a field that the DoD in short demand at that time? For the language part you basically only be able to except kids who came here in there early teens to have the required proficiency... but also need to have attained proficiency in English as well. Also the list of languages is all middle eastern and Asian/pacific islander ones except a couple of random northern European ones. Also while it is open to all green card holders it's a more case by case we will consider DACA.

Next if doing the medical route minimum 3 years if language 4 years. I can't find an exact date on any .gov or .mil site of when it was expanded but that article is sep 2014 and says new. So even if we assume the rules were put into place immediately (extremely doubtful) that is a ridiculously short window for this guy to join in order to have actually made sergeant done his full term and got out by now and only if he went the medical route.

Lastly the program offered extremely expedited process of citizenship to where it was possible to get it upon finishing basic and at most under a year while in. So while it's certainly possible a person chose not to you have to ask what person who has valuable skills would go thru all that process and serve a full military service not get an easy citizenship? Like that was half the point of the program to attract people you normally couldn't get to easily join by offering them citizenship
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-23 23:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping that Mueller has been "corrupted" doesn't make it so. There hasn't been anything that even indicates that he has done something wrong since he started.

Now replace the word "Mueller" with "Trump", and you've already killed your own argument.

With that out of the way, even if Mueller were as pure as the driven snow (protip: he isn't), that doesn't guarantee that the investigation as a whole hasn't been corrupted. The people he associates with could just as easily bring the whole thing crashing down. On their end we've already got text messages hinting at serious breaches of protocol and possible crimes, and that investigation is just getting started. That's way more than anyone has on Trump and we've been at that for over a year.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-01-24 03:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres no need to “hope”, Muellers investigation has been discredited. Its full of members who have axes to grind or have Admitted via text that was a witch hunt. Theres evidence there was a full blown anti-trump “secret society” within he FBI.

We’ve got the texts, you just havent let it sink in yet.
By fonewear 2018-01-24 06:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this stuff about politics ?

I haven't seen people stay on topic say page 1 !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2018-01-24 07:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Politics is boring. Let's get to the religious side of things.

Allow me to enlighten you all with the true vision upon which mortal religions are based, yet fall woefully short of accuracy.

Source, because awesome art should be sourced.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-24 07:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And those DACA kids who serve in the military are eligible for expedited citizenship, which perhaps renders Chanti's bleeding-heart WaPo comic moot, but WaPo isn't known for facts.

Serving in the military creates eligibility for legal status. It's known as Adjustment of Status and we just went through with the year long grueling effort. Generally speaking adjusting from non-legal to legal is not allowed, with a handful of exceptions, one being serving in the military. Another one being an immediate relative (IR) to a US citizen and demonstrating "extreme hardship" for that citizen. Those "children" would be natural born US citizens and their father, being the source of income for them, being deported would be a textbook case of extreme hardship. The Judge would issue a stay of removal proceedings (that's deportment) while simultaneously approving the Adjustment of Status to Legal Permanent Resident.

The lawyer we use for our recent AoS has done exactly that for people.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-01-24 13:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cannot happen Chanti, a non citizen can join the military and I am not sure after how long you serve but it is expedited citizenship. It has been like that forever, we had 2 guys who I went to basic with do that for citizenship. You do have to have a green card though, but you do not have to be a citizen. It was called MAVNI Program back in early 90's when I went in, I do not know what it is called now.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-24 13:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still Mavni and over the years they've further expanded the expedition since then (particularly in the 2000s for obvious reasons) but also recently expanded to potentially maybe consider DACAs. It also only gets funded a year or 2 at a time and as far as I can tell never got a bill funding it past 2016 so it's current status seems a bit up in the air
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-24 14:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Cannot happen Chanti, a non citizen can join the military and I am not sure after how long you serve but it is expedited citizenship. It has been like that forever, we had 2 guys who I went to basic with do that for citizenship. You do have to have a green card though, but you do not have to be a citizen. It was called MAVNI Program back in early 90's when I went in, I do not know what it is called now.

President Obama opened it up for those without status with the condition that they have extremely rare and important skills to the DoD. There were a few who entered this way because they spoke Arabic and the Armed Forces needed Arabic translators badly. Catch is, once they are accepted into the program, their status changes to legal permanent resident so they could legally enlist. The program was nothing but a giant exception to the normal rules for adjusting status.

Liberals would know nothing of any of this since their idea of Military comes from John Wayne or Call of Duty.
By Viciouss 2018-01-24 14:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-24 15:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually my idea of the military comes from having many family members who served in WWII and Korea.

One was Micky Marcus.

I will admit to having watched a number of WWII propaganda movies and read a number of WWII era comic books.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-24 16:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually my idea of the military comes from having many family members who served in WWII and Korea.

I will admit to having watched a number of WWII propaganda movies and read a number of WWII era comic books.
Psh times have changed grandma!!!

God I bet those media were quite interesting to watch though
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 55 56 57