Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis-Divergence Findings
Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 28 29 30
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-15 01:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know Cziella and Zuidar on the finds. I'll update the wiki on that one. Thanks for sharing.

It seems the dynamis mobs here are dual job but can mix any combinations of jobs. Doesn't seem like it's always consistent. Reason I say this is I remember seeing a RNG/BST doing eagle eye shot with a pet but then you state a RNG/SCH doing spells and RAs. Wonder if the mobs can use various job combinations and not just set ones.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-11-15 01:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not RNG+SCH, it's a COR+SCH, hence the pirate name, hehe.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-15 02:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Few things I'd like to add since reading the new posts on this thread~

Halphas is certainly dark based. Frazzle3 only lands with 1hour, Death from Mythic BLM did less than 1k, Leadens are ***on it, comets do 100-200 dmg from OP BLMs. These numbers were generated with pretty much every buff/debuff known to man except threnody. Did not have a BRD in this particular run.

Meteors work well. We used SCH Distortion + Leaden to extend the skillchains. Ice landed fine, so did water. Other elements could be better though. Take two tanks(ish) and position them properly and hate reset will be a non issue.

Pretty sure he can be killed with various setups for those going for Volte Bodies. I'd recommend EA/Scherzo, /NIN, or Wilt and maybe Barrier for DDs (or some combination thereof) if trying melee strategy.

Edit: It's possible that Halphas (and maybe only Halphas) scales in HP with number of participants but I am not sure at all on this. Took about 8-12 mins to kill with 18 (minimal casualties if any, i don't remember) While abusing Bolsters and Tabulas
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-15 02:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid question but... if Halphas is dark based, wouldn't Thunder Magic (so Fragmentation/Light SCs) work better than Ice? (Distortion/Darkness)
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-15 02:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Stupid question but... if Halphas is dark based, wouldn't Thunder Magic (so Fragmentation/Light SCs) work better than Ice? (Distortion/Darkness)

I would assume so Sechs. I think we went with Disto/Leaden mostly because we were doing that for all the commanders and Statue Boss the whole run XD. Since Mbs weren't terrible on Halphas Himself, we stuck with it XD

On a further note, we literally had 2 people doing any physical dmg the whole run. One was a PLD the other a COR. (Of course pulled things when eyes were blue unless random links)
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-11-15 02:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Orcs have also been traditionally weak to water
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-11-15 04:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about this bit from the update notes:

Quote:
If there is a player present who has not vanquished the mini-boss or main boss, all players will receive personal rewards when the said mini-boss or boss is vanquished.

On our 2nd run - when we brought new people who hadn't done the event at all yet - we killed the Statue boss but no one in the alliance received personal loot (not even the people getting their first clear). Anyone else experience this?
 Asura.Rathood
By Asura.Rathood 2017-11-15 05:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
A bit on Tanking Halphas as RUN/NIN.

Sanguine Blessing. I was quite worried about this after reading Papesse's post. I was even using Lux Vallation to reduce the amount drained(like it does vs Dread Spikes.)

Turns out it's a non-issue. That should have killed me. 3320 HP drained? Would have one shotted me. But so far as I could tell I only took damage from the initial hit.

So it's not really a drain. More like a converts dmg dealt to HP, with a x20 mod based on the initial hit. The issue there is really just letting the mob heal. Which between Shadows and SS is not too hard to prevent. That was the only HP drain he managed on me.

Does Orcish counterstance give them Haste? Not sure what triggered it, but at one point he just started hitting really fast, and was multihitting a lot. This culminated in me getting flattened by Yarhusta at a bad time.

My cast was interrupted so I should have snapped back into tanking gear and been in 75% PDT for that. And still 2.2k.

For reference Yarhusta takes 3 shadows. Not sure if you get reduced dmg if it takes 1 or 2 and still hits. He only used it twice. 3 shadows ate it the first and I died the second.

Since the drain isn't going to one shot, I have to wonder if I wouldn't have been better off with /BLU, Cocoon, and like BoG Geo wilt. At which point I could probably just spam SS during Sanguine.

The concern there would be one of the moves(Full-on Tackle?) causes Def-, magic def- and I think there was one other erasable. Would need to sacrifice off so Cocoon can be put back up.

Also I saw no signs of hate reset on anything. Mob was glued to me till I died. Even with me spending far more time spamming shadows than any enmity action.

Never had a problem tanking him but even though we only got it to 22% and timed out wiped 3 times from AOE my position might have been wrong and also i might have absorbed that ws a couple of times with uteusimi i got hate reset 7 times in the fight it might be connected to AOE Killing people or just triggered by dead dps.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-15 07:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Having fixed the issue of casting some spells in low PDT, I don't anticipate having any issues with him in the future.

Also, the first Yarkhushta he used killed someone, but hate was unaffected. So if there's a trigger for hate reset it's not AoE's killing people.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2017-11-15 07:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Question about this bit from the update notes:

Quote:
If there is a player present who has not vanquished the mini-boss or main boss, all players will receive personal rewards when the said mini-boss or boss is vanquished.

On our 2nd run - when we brought new people who hadn't done the event at all yet - we killed the Statue boss but no one in the alliance received personal loot (not even the people getting their first clear). Anyone else experience this?

I went in for the first time with one of my linkshells and we didn't get any personal loot either.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2017-11-15 08:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

On our second run, we had 8 extra ppl with us, and neither the people with clears, or the new ppl got any personal drops from the Statue Boss.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-15 15:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like Dynamis might be bugged with all these reports of no individual lot pools dropping. Might need to inform SQEX on the forums to investigate.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-15 15:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had a run with about 15 people, with maybe 10 of them new, and I got a single personal drop item from the golem boss.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-15 15:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it matters who initiates the run? Did anyone try having the person that doesn't have the win start the Dynamis run? Just a thought.
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-15 15:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The bigger issue is that these bonus drops are so insanely disproportionate to what most people will get from a run, particularly if you go with a good number of people.

For an event you can only do twice a week, progress is looking painfully slow.
 Asura.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-11-15 16:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
The bigger issue is that these bonus drops are so insanely disproportionate to what most people will get from a run, particularly if you go with a good number of people.

As it used to be. I like the grind. Makes it feel like an accomplishment.
[+]
 Asura.Kuztastic
user: RobKuz
By Asura.Kuztastic 2017-11-15 16:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tuvae said: »
Ragnarok.Inx said: »

As it used to be. I like the grind. Makes it feel like an accomplishment.

Spoken like a true EA Developer!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-15 16:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The grind isn't bad at all, were people expecting to have their COR feet upgraded for free in one or two runs? All you need to do is beat the statue once to be able to upgrade the feet, that's accomplished within 30m of a single run. The currency to upgrade is all purchasable from other players and the drops were very common from kills. If you want currency you need to kill mass numbers of mobs instead of spending all the time on MB's.
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-15 18:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Compared to Omen, AF+2/3, its a lot slower to earn an upgrade, and people are still salty about the 10:1 conversion rate for cards.

With this we're looking at a 100:1 ratio for medals that you get a 2hr window per week to farm at best... and that's just for the first stage.

Not everyone gets that 1 time only deluge of medals either, I believe today we got a grand total of 3 cards and a medal for the statue boss (2nd Kill). Which isn't great in a 11-man ally.

Just made me feel like a lot of people are going to be less than enthusiastic about this event after a couple of weeks. Particularly as there's no content "above" it justifying the effort of making the pieces.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-15 18:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the grind is as bad as you're making it out to be. An effective 6 man group can likely farm a +3 piece per run once the content is learned. Figure that everyone makes progress at once in Omen, but you're still looking at ~12 runs of 40 minutes to get a piece for everyone. Puts cost per person at around 480 minutes to get their piece. If you get a +3 per run in 2 hours, that's more like 600 minutes per person. Not hugely different in a completely fair scenario, and you have the option of speeding up real members progress by using mules and not using cards on them.

The set of unique gear is not amazing, but it's still better than Inyanga+2 and drastically better than RDM BLM SCH's existing idle options.

My complaint is solely that the +3 gear is underwhelming. They are probably worried about gear creep, but most of the feet are throwaway. Hopefully hands will be better.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-15 18:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Grind now in the hope your job will get something to upgrade later, if you aren't happy with the options available now (I agree the vast majority of the feet could not exist and no one would notice). Since all of the gear hasn't been released, there won't be many selling medals. Once medals start to hit bazaars, the upgrade process will be much, much faster.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-15 19:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
My complaint is solely that the +3 gear is underwhelming. They are probably worried about gear creep, but most of the feet are throwaway. Hopefully hands will be better.

It's exactly what we should expect it to be. Look at all JSE sets and there are what, maybe ~2 "good" pieces with the rest being situational or JA enhancement gear. There are five total gear slots and we've only seen the feet so it's expected. If a jobs Relic +3 feet don't look great, just means another piece of the set is going to be powerful. If COR's feet look OMGWTFBBQ, it means the other slots are going to be mediocre or super situational.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-11-15 20:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I do firmly believe that because we saw WSD+10% on the COR feet, just like every family of AF has a WSD+% piece, I expect relic to be the same way. Also, with "unique" (use that term loosely) stats such as the RDM feet "enhances enfeebling effect", I also expect unique bonuses across different jobs as well, or at least quality /ja pieces (like a lot of the relic gear is these days anyways).

I'm mostly interested to see the order of release of pieces- we goin feet->hands->legs->body->head or mix it up a little? And what kind of timeframe of release? Monthly, every 3 months to make this last a year...honestly I expect to be waiting more than not, knowing SE.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-11-15 20:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems they didn't increase the enhancements of the augments though. Which is kind of lame.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-11-15 20:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Seems they didn't increase the enhancements of the augments though. Which is kind of lame.

can't argue that.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-15 20:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
yeah but new nuke feet for pup
By clearlyamule 2017-11-15 20:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather have a new DD or tank piece for pup... or something that makes blm auto good for something besides cping
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-15 20:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, same. body will be the best tp piece when it's out, legs for idle with mage frames. I'd like to see hands get the tank stats since it already has some subtle blow and haste which is a stat you potentially give up for DT stats.
By cuddlyhamster 2017-11-15 22:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Maybe it matters who initiates the run? Did anyone try having the person that doesn't have the win start the Dynamis run? Just a thought.

Did a run with 11 people. i think 5 have not done it before. the person that brought us in did not have the win. got 2 items in personal drop from statue boss
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-16 17:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did my 2nd run and personal spoils from boss dropped but only 3 rusted ID cards. My first since everyone needed win, I was awared 2 beastmen's medals and 13 rusted ID cards. Guessing subsequent wins yield a much smaller pool drop potential even possibly getting nothing. They should change that so the boss always have full drop potential when a new person gets the win.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 28 29 30