Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis-Divergence Findings
Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 28 29 30
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-21 23:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I got the joy of eating a nearly 4k Mijin on PLD last run. Wearing Aegis, of course, so that supports it being breath DMG or at least not affected by MDT.

Thing is... even in my high HP/DT enmity spell casting set, I've got capped BDT. 44% DT + 7% BDT. If the base dmg on this were 4k, that shoulda hit me less than 2k. But the actual damage I took is closer to 4k - phalanx(-51 dmg.) EDIT:I miscalculated my phalanx earlier. It's -56 on PLD. which makes this exactly 4k-56=3944.

Based on my logs it seems very likely that I was hit in said casting set. Blank gaze finished in the same second that Mijin killed me.
Code
[21:15:17]Martel starts casting Blank Gaze on Volte Shinobi.
[21:15:18]Mystogan hits Volte Shinobi for 1200 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Mystogan hits Volte Shinobi for 1202 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Mystogan hits Volte Shinobi for 1161 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Shred hits Volte Shinobi for 461 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Shred hits Volte Shinobi for 394 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Martel's Blank Gaze has no effect on Volte Shinobi.
[21:15:19]Eotfofyl hits Volte Shinobi for 375 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Eotfofyl hits Volte Shinobi for 481 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Eotfofyl hits Volte Shinobi for 478 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Eotfofyl hits Volte Shinobi for 475 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Volte Shinobi uses Mijin Gakure.Martel takes 3944 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Martel was defeated by Volte Shinobi.
Even if I'd managed to snap back into idle before Mijin hit I'd have still had 45% BDT.

So, either this hits more like 8k base and I'm reducing it to ~4k, or BDT and even DT doesn't work on it at all. If anyone has any other Mijin anecdotes that might clarify I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Anyway, in regards to using geomancy to help with Mijin. I think it's questionable in the first place if MAB/MDB even affect this particular flavor of Mijin. Breath attacks typically aren't affected by MAB as well. Well, assuming it's even breath...

But we know for certain that it can be resisted, so meva does help. And while vex may be nerfed in Divergence, Attunement should still be full strength.

The issue then is.. Does PLD with its crappy meva have a fair chance to resist with Attunement up?

While I'm interested in finding ways for PLD to deal with this, my solution is probably going to be to go RUN as soon as I have all my PLD clears. <,<;
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-09-22 01:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This Mijin can deal 4k even with EA+Scherzo, DT doesn't seem to work.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-22 07:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

On average what's the Meva difference between equally geared PLD (non meva specific set) and a RUN?

Because seriously our RUN got hit by Mijin 4-5 times and every time he was getting hit for, I don't remember exact amount but it was between 300 and 500 damage.
Can a small (?) difference of Meva alone create such a huge difference?

Of course I'm aware that statistically this is not relevant. For all I know I could let that RUN be hit by Mijin 100 more times and found out he resist just, I dunno, ~40% of the times and not 100% like in those 4-5 attempts, I know!
But still, it's a huge difference for Meva alone to create it, no?

Edit:
Our PLD was being hit more in the range of slightly above 3k btw Martel. Between 3k and 3,5k iir
Not sure what created this difference. Some Magic shield? Rampart? Cureskin? /shrugs
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-22 08:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
On average what's the Meva difference between equally geared PLD (non meva specific set) and a RUN?

Several hundred I think, RUN's JSE is packed with MEVD plus their gifts are pretty loaded too. If they are smart they know to switch to Aettir for things like this cause that's even more MEVD.

I always though Mijin was non-elemental? Is that true or does the Dyna version have an element assigned to it?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-22 08:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We assumed it to be non elementally alligned, our RUN resisted without specific runes.

I don't know if this special Wave3 version has some element assigned to it of course, we just assumed it not to be the case.

Sorry if I'm insisting so much with this Wave3 Mijin thing. It's not really something that puts your runs at a risk of wipe or anything, it's simply pure curiosity that makes me wish to know how it works :D
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-22 09:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo debuffs are only nerfed on the proper NMs in Dynamis-D. That means the wave 1 boss, wave 2 boss, wave 3 boss, red-eye statue NMs, and possibly Aurix and the Disjoined ??? mobs.

On everything else, debuffs are at full potency.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-22 09:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Geo debuffs are only nerfed on the proper NMs in Dynamis-D. That means the wave 1 boss, wave 2 boss, wave 3 boss, red-eye statue NMs, and possibly Aurix and the Disjoined ??? mobs.

On everything else, debuffs are at full potency.

That's everything that matters. Regular mobs die nearly instantly, it's the NM's and Boss's that take time and are dangerous.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-22 09:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking about wave 3 Mijin, which is solely used by non-NMs. There is only 1 relevant NM in Wave 3 (2 if Aurix counts for debuff reduction), and 84 non-NMs, the latter of which you're fighting for the majority of time in Wave 3.

Nor are the wave 3 fodder trivial in terms of damage output, and durability when it comes to the specially named ones. Having -75% on Wilt on the wave 3 warriors would make them a heck of a lot more dangerous when they Mighty Strikes Fell Cleave, and the circles can be fairly dangerous without full power Fade.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-22 10:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking about wave 3 Mijin, which is solely used by non-NMs.

Thought we were talking about the Wave3 NIN NM.

The Named (Sniper / Communer / ect..) mobs in Wave3 are the Red Eye statue equivalents for that zone, they get the nerfed GEO bubble too. The regular mobs melt pretty easily, just play smart and there won't be any issues. Wave 3 has 10 NM's that have reduced Geomancy effect, not sure if the fetters count though and we ignore the ??? mobs entirely. Those 10 NM's are where the danger really lies, provided the people aren't doing dumb things and coordinate well.

For us, whenever the pull comes the two DD PT leaders call out on discord which mob their party is going to obliterate, this results in 2 regular mobs in every pull dieing with seconds of the pull, the third dieing shortly after and the dog pile beginning on the NM. The NM's have an *** ton of HP so they tend to have time to do their dangerous stuff.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-22 10:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The named mobs in wave 3 don't have nerfed geomancy; Wilt, Fade, and Frailty all have the full effects applied.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-22 10:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The named mobs in wave 3 don't have nerfed geomancy; Wilt, Fade, and Frailty all have the full effects applied.

We checked, Wilt and Frailty are definitely nerfed on the Wave 3 named mobs. That's why we switched back to Fury + Barrier after the first few ones. I would absolutely love to use Idris frailty and wilt to make them a cake walk though.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-22 10:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We checked as well; Wilt vs non-Wilt and Fade vs non-Fade impacts the WAR NMs and the BLU NMs basically equally as their non-named variants in terms of damage reduction, and losing a torpor (for whatever reason) on a THF mob is a heck of a lot more impactful than 25 more evasion.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-22 10:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference between -71% attack and -17.75% attack is super easy to tell and was very visible on the second NM we did (Highwind). On monday we'll go back in and I'll check again, not like it's hard to have GEO's switch bubbles or anything.
By elliondrk 2018-09-22 11:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Potentially silly question. I tried browsing through both Dyna D threads (this and the wave 3 one), but I couldn't find an answer.

Where are the light and dark circles located in Bastok Wave 3? Based on the one map, which doesn't have the light and dark marked, I'm guessing they're by the mines in some capacity?
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2018-09-22 11:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

light is at the zehrun mines zone, dark in G-8 where the depot on the map is
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-22 12:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Because seriously our RUN got hit by Mijin 4-5 times and every time he was getting hit for, I don't remember exact amount but it was between 300 and 500 damage.
Can a small (?) difference of Meva alone create such a huge difference?

Of course I'm aware that statistically this is not relevant. For all I know I could let that RUN be hit by Mijin 100 more times and found out he resist just, I dunno, ~40% of the times and not 100% like in those 4-5 attempts, I know!
But still, it's a huge difference for Meva alone to create it, no?

Edit:
Our PLD was being hit more in the range of slightly above 3k btw Martel. Between 3k and 3,5k iir
Not sure what created this difference. Some Magic shield? Rampart? Cureskin? /shrugs
EDIT:Adjusted numbers for meva food
Resisting makes a huge difference in terms of damage taken. On a full resist you take 1/8 of the original dmg.

1/8 = 0.125. That's a 87.5% reduction. That number seem familiar? It should. It's the same as capped MDT Aegis.

4000 * 0.125 = 500
500 - phalanx(51) = 449 dmg

Factor in some random cureskin and it's easily within the observed damage range for RUN. For reference, I did not have a WHM, so cureskin wasn't a factor in the dmg I took on PLD.

Now then, as for the meva gap between run and PLD...

Note that both of the below sets can get more meva. especially RUN. These aren't meva sets, they are actually the sets I was using on each job when hit by Mijin. RUN full resisted, and PLD got flattened.

PLD:
ItemSet 361509
+30 meva on cape

meva
Gear:372
Gifts:42
Food: 50
total:464

RUN:
ItemSet 361508
+30 meva on cape.

Meva
gear:522
Gifts:70
Food:50
Total:642
This is not including the elemental resistances from AF body or engraved belt, since we assume Mijin to be non-elemental.

Meva difference:178
This is enough magic evasion to go from floored resist rate to capped.

While we don't know exactly how much Meva is need to resist, we do know that RUN resists reliably. So 642 will work. but less might work.

On the bright side, it is entirely possibly for PLD to get 592+ meva. If you happen to have the whole volte haubert set in your pocket...

Really long winded PLD set meandering follows. I'd spoiler, but iirc itemsets on a page breaks spoilers? And since there's itemset in this post... Oh well.

Volte Haubert set would skyrocket PLD up to 654 meva. But unless you've been lurking about in dynamis windy since namis D release, you probably don't have any of this. I know I don't. The volte Jupon set also offers significant meva... along with the same issue as volte haubert. You don't have it, and it won't drop.(unless you do have it, and then I hate you.)

For some more.. realistic options. Swapping in the following;

Moonlight necklace(+15)
Asklepian belt(+20)
Flashward earring(+8)
Mes'yohi Slacks(86->107=+21)
Hippomenes socks(86->107=+21)

Would add 85 meva. For 549 Total. And drop HP down to 2.5k, and PDT down to 55/68. Ugh.

But this isn't enough, so add Indi-Attunement. Dunna only would give us 95(really, that feels off to me? But so sayeth BGwiki) For 644 total. That puts us 2 meva above the goal meva of 642.

Now if we have an idris GEO, Attunement should yield 125 meva(and again that number seems weird to me.) This would put us 32 meva above the goal, so we can swap back in some other gear. But it's really only enough to swap back 1 piece of Souveran. So do feet for the most HP/PDT. Puts us back up to 2.7K HP and 62/68 PDT.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-22 12:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Martel. Guess we gonna try with some Attunement next time.
Granted I don't think we tipically have a GEO in the PLD's pt so in those situations we'll have to rely on Vex I'm afraid...

@Eliondrk
The Light Circle is the one close to the Zeruhn Mines entrance whereas the Dark one is on the terrace. I don't know how to describe it. Know the square in front of the Zeruhn entrance? You can go up there from the side and reach a terrace that faces the AH.
That terrace is where the Dark circle is.

I think I got those right but I haven't done Bastok in over a months so I apologize if I'm wrong!
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-22 12:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For PLD, you can also potentially use Priwen for more meva.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-22 12:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh. Crap. I forgot to account for food. I was using Miso Ramen on both jobs. This doesn't change the gap between the two, but it does affect the total values. Time to do some editing...
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-22 13:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Minor addendum.

1: I miscalculated my phalanx earlier. It's -56 on PLD. which makes this exactly 4k-56=3944.

2: I found another wave 3 Mijin in my logs from that run. A Volte Ninja rather than Shinobi.
Code
[21:47:34]Volte Ninja uses Mijin Gakure.Martel takes 1944 points of damage.
So, This was either a 1/2 resist or the Non-NM adds have a lower dmg cap, by half.

And again the DMG matches up to base-phalanx.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-09-22 17:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Minor addendum.
2: I found another wave 3 Mijin in my logs from that run. A Volte Ninja rather than Shinobi.
Code
[21:47:34]Volte Ninja uses Mijin Gakure.Martel takes 1944 points of damage.
So, This was either a 1/2 resist or the Non-NM adds have a lower dmg cap, by half.
I have this:
Code
[19:41:41] The Volte Ninja uses Mijin Gakure.
Wardeniv takes 500 points of damage.

He is RUN.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-22 17:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Did he have phalanx up? If not then that number makes perfect sense for a full resist on 4k base dmg.

4000 * 0.125 = 500
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-09-22 17:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely not if that was the final result based on yours.
Edit: If you're looking for a certain 4k hit:
Code
[18:38:57] The Volte Shinobi uses Mijin Gakure.
Chosenone takes 4000 points of damage.

He's melee and definitely wouldn't have Phalanx.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-09-22 20:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Volte Haubert set would skyrocket PLD up to 654 meva. But unless you've been lurking about in dynamis windy since namis D release, you probably don't have any of this. I know I don't. The volte Jupon set also offers significant meva... along with the same issue as volte haubert. You don't have it, and it won't drop.(unless you do have it, and then I hate you.)

I was thinking the same as you and then this happened tonight
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-09-22 21:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All my hate. lol. And grats.

It really irks me how SE made it so that I never even get a chance at Volte drops anymore. Since the focus is largely on wave 3 now, we pretty much never fight wave2 NMs now. :/
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-09-22 22:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This was on our wave 3 run tonight too. We're still learning it and got Mithra to 28% tonight but was still really nice to see the Jupon off the wave 2 boss ^_^b
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-09-23 00:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone seen any volte at all on wave 3?
By geigei 2018-09-23 03:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
I have feet and hands, buddy got body. Rare stuff.
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-09-23 07:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I have feet and hands, buddy got body. Rare stuff.

Did you get those on wave 3? Because that seems to be a lot of volte in a couple months.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-23 13:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
We never did.
Never have I seen reports or screenshots from other people either.

Pretty confident atm Volte can only drop from Wave2 Red Eyes NMs, possibly Wave2 megaboss as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 28 29 30