Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-02-04 01:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I'm excited about the Axe, Polearm, and Dagger. That is about it.

I really wish they had an Ambuscade shield for multi jobs.

Raiden Thrust ftw?

prolly leg sweep

Yeah, it's just something to play around with on SAM and DRG.

It's fun popping Mighty Strikes on something piercing weak. Also comes in handy for Warder of Temperance.

Not to mention insanely overpowered in Sinister Reign.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-04 01:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also these are going to be some of the best off-job weapons for any job that doesn't need a Hepa weapon unlock. Likely best Gaxe/axe for RUN, best sword for THF, polearm for SAM, etc.
By Tarage 2019-02-05 15:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: I've heard that sometimes when they run campaigns that change/add to the gobby chest that using keys also nets better than normal results. Is this true? And does the upcoming campaign count for this? I've got about 100 keys saved up.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-05 17:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Question: I've heard that sometimes when they run campaigns that change/add to the gobby chest that using keys also nets better than normal results. Is this true? And does the upcoming campaign count for this? I've got about 100 keys saved up.

Some campaigns they explicitly mention SP dial has higher chance for equipments, and in fact you get more equipment than others trash.

But the pool of "equipments" is too large to have any good odds of getting anything good. It can be any gear from lv1 to lv119. Plus so far i think they didnt add Omen body to SP keys (not sure about the othes accessories).

Imo SP key be it in campaign or not is most likely a waste of time. Probably you will want to use them outside gear campaign to get dynamis D drops. Even then its like a pool with minor amount of good drops over like 220 items used to reforge (and some crafting material that never sells).

Overall best advice with keys i can give (IMO) is dont hold your breath with your keys, just pop them to get at least the inv space back.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-07 04:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Now is 2am 7 feb in pst time.

So more 19h.
By SimonSes 2019-02-07 08:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

In last year I got stuff worth like 150M gils from SP keys and my keys were 40-60 keys every gain exp (14-21 on each of my 3 chars). Mostly shards and voids from Dynamis, some reforge mats, but also Orpheus Sash. It's very random, but in the end it's still a profit.

I was always using keys asap after every gain exp, not sure if there was any campaign when I got Sash. I also heard you have more chance for equipment during Adouling keys campaign, so I started saving up since December and have 900 keys waiting now. I hope this campaign will come in March, because with February giving twice more accolades, I will have 2000 by March XD
 Bismarck.Malewyb
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Malewyb 2019-02-07 09:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Also these are going to be some of the best off-job weapons for any job that doesn't need a Hepa weapon unlock. Likely best Gaxe/axe for RUN, best sword for THF, polearm for SAM, etc.

Heptizon is still pretty nice for Full Break.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-07 10:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The Polearm is good for Raiden Thrust if you're fighting Dynamis bosses, for example. Can hit some pretty juicy numbers with Cloudsplitter build, just swap out the cape. Especially if the group switches to magical buffs. I just wish they would have stuck MAB on every weapon and not just most of them.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-10 02:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maintenance to add the new login campaign.

Can you guess what time is it?
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-10 05:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Maintenance to add the new login campaign.

Can you guess what time is it?

*** ***, Literally every other week they rob me of 30mil...
pos SE, pos Servers.
[+]
By volkom 2019-02-12 10:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i wonder what the next job to get some cool adjustments is going to be.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-12 10:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD and BLM could use some love i guess.

They seems forgotten by everyone.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-02-12 10:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

RDM. It's a two parter. They said Job Abilities this month, spells next month.
By Taint 2019-02-12 11:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD and BLM could use some love i guess.

They seems forgotten by everyone.

^ This.

BLM got some love with people manaburning Wave3 but it could use a major adjustment.

PLD is in a bad space IMO, RUN is just better at everything.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-12 11:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Flash, Cure V, Regen III, Adloquium, Reprisal, Stun, Foil, Crusade, Absorb-TP, Dread Spikes next month. RDM gonna be the ***.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-12 14:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Flash, Cure V, Regen III, Adloquium, Reprisal, Stun, Foil, Crusade, Absorb-TP, Dread Spikes next month. RDM gonna be the ***.

So you wanna be a RUN-PLD-DRK-RDM all at once without a subjob? No wonder no one takes this sub-forum seriously for RDM ideas.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2019-02-12 14:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
No wonder no one takes this sub-forum seriously for RDM ideas.
By Takisan 2019-02-19 22:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in the 75 era most fights were untimed and required the party to endure the encounter or be it an xp party needed to endure multiple encounters without taking rest to be efficient.
1. Enfeebling the mob so it did not hurt the party and soak up the whms mp.
2. Refresh the whm and other mages.
3. Haste DDs to end the fights ASAP.
4. Backup heal, sleep adds, ect.

RDM was this glue that held the party together to endure.
The game is no longer like this as all fights are either win fast or don't win at all. Omen, Dynamis D, Ambuscade, Vagary, Geas Fete ect are all timed events. Floor the enemy's def & evasion and smoke em ASAP is the game now.

Don't get me wrong. RDM still has roles Haste II/Flurry II, other enfeebs/enhancements, and some fights needing quick reliable sleep/silence, but it just doesn't seem like any amount of boosts SE can give will put RDM in the role of importance that it once was in my opinion.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-02-19 22:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM's spell adjustment likely going to be the fix to Enspell II and potentially Blink scaling with Enhancing Magic Skill.

I would ***a brick if they enabled Temper and Temper II to be cast on party members. That would absolutely justify bringing a Red Mage to 6-man groups.
[+]
By Afania 2019-02-20 00:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »
Don't get me wrong. RDM still has roles Haste II/Flurry II, other enfeebs/enhancements, and some fights needing quick reliable sleep/silence, but it just doesn't seem like any amount of boosts SE can give will put RDM in the role of importance that it once was in my opinion.

Ruaumoko said: »
I would ***a brick if they enabled Temper and Temper II to be cast on party members. That would absolutely justify bringing a Red Mage to 6-man groups.

Why does people feel rdm need such high level of importance?

The way brd geo cor work is detrimental to job balance since every 6 man pt has only has 1 slot for DD, in a game with way more DD job than support.

SE should reduce how much DD rely on supoort, not the other way around.

Nerf support jobs >>>>>>>> buff more supports jobs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-02-20 00:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

The way brd geo cor work is detrimental to job balance since every 6 man pt has only has 1 slot for DD, in a game with way more DD job than support.

SE should reduce how much DD rely on supoort, not the other way around.

Nerf support jobs >>>>>>>> buff more supports jobs.

This.

We have 6 slots in a party, 2 for tank and healer, and up to 3 for support GEO, COR, BRD. Support jobs are too important and powerful that you have 1 DD slot left for... DD or another COR!!!

Time to give DD jobs their own support mode. Maybe pimp out the Def Down mechanics or maybe add more useful AOE buffs with much longer duration to DD JA such as Warcry.

Every DD should get at least 2 JA to buff whole party. 1 for Damage Dealing and 1 for back line support.
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-02-20 00:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides... Temper II alone doesn't solve the RDM question, anyway-- and even if it DID, it doesn't solve the problem broadly. It just punts it off to someone else.

A better solution is for new content to have 50% dark resist, 50% light resist, and let RDM cap haste like BRD does. Then, it's an either/or in content that doesn't resist either light or dark, and create a clear niche for each. And if the content split is equally relevant to all jobs, both are still needed.

Abyssea and Voidwatch were hamfisted ways of approaching the problem of balance in the game. Everything should be doable with any DPS, and any support, but the mechanics should favor plannable combinations that favor one type of DPS (imagine something that took increased bludgeoning damage but decreased WS damage, and deals semi-frequent bursts of high, true-damage AoEs in an area determined by the top damage dealer).

I love RDM. I don't want it to replace COR, BRD, GEO, WHM, or DPS... but I want there to be situations where it's preferable to any one of them. COR's going to take a while to replace because it's busted AF, and it's hard to imagine anything replacing GEO, but BRD's in a place where it could become more situational and less always. And I know every WHM is getting Nam-like flashbacks to pre-Afflatus days when WHM was a nearly forgotten job. I'm not in favor of nerfing support jobs... but I am in favor of letting power creep come from the DPS rather than the supports. And let the supports equalize so that situations favor one or the other (and preferably not one support to rule them all for a given content patch, a la COR in Dynamis D).
 Phoenix.Hova
Server: Phoenix
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2019-02-20 01:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe SE should introduce JSE food, something that could help keep DD's alive so every shout isn't for a smn.
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2019-02-20 01:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If Dia 3 were closer to say 900 geo-frailty potency, would that make it more interchangable with GEO for purely physical setups? Geo would still reign supreme for hybrid/magic dmg setups, and defensive capapblities no?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-02-20 01:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
Jdove said: »
Phoenix.Hova said: »
Maybe SE should introduce JSE food, something that could help keep DD's alive so every shout isn't for a smn.
i just want to say i love it lol
also smn could use a boost
i would love to see RDM buff to quad wield swords thanks.

so i can wear excalibur almace colada and su5
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-02-20 01:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Takisan said: »

Ruaumoko said: »

hm who would of thought that people want the jobs they like to feel important
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 423 424 425