New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 427 428 429
By Afania 2018-05-01 21:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

^This and yoran for life...once I even pop both yoran and ygnas together, ygnas dies before yoran every_single_run since he loves to run into aoe and kill himself. His AI just isn't great.

I can see people who mainly play a versatile job like blu use ygnas for Sylvie since keeping trust or player alive is easier on jobs like blu. But I personally dont feel safe with ygnas and I would sacrifice extra buffs for safety.

As far as erase speed goes, I always pop KoH and he takes care of that.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-01 22:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

As far as erase speed goes, I always pop KoH and he takes care of that.

That guy is terribly annoying if there are debuff auras or just a lot of debuffs to take care of. Naphula makes it hard to get haste 2 out of KoH...
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-01 22:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the fixed the aura issue with erase/-na spells this month.

Anyways with the new trust questline, things could change for some of our favorite trusts.

Will wait and see.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-01 23:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »

Anyways with the new trust questline, things could change for some of our favorite trusts.

Will wait and see.

The update announcements seemed to indicate that the trust quest thing is to raise their levels/stats.. I sincerely doubt there will be any sort of conditional AI changes dependant on completing the quest.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-02 00:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

Will wait and see.

The update announcements seemed to indicate that the trust quest thing is to raise their levels/stats.. I sincerely doubt there will be any sort of conditional AI changes dependant on completing the quest.

Yeah I read that, just want to wait and see what actually was changed before speculating any further.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-02 00:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Will wait and see.

Something did change in that regard. I was doing a v2 for the lulz to get a seal real fast, and I did notice that Yoran did not spam viruna like he would've normally.

(v2 has a plague aura)
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-05-02 11:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Summary of changes posted/clarified:
  • Omega mount will be obtainable forever, with the same method.

• Removing the crab NM as well as the sheep NMs (this is what target monster change meant). Chicken knife II and save the queen II wont be obtainable for now, but they will make them obtainable again in the future.

• #ANV keys being removed. Any you still have will be redeemable, but new ones cannot be obtained.

• Cornelia being removed.

[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-02 11:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Will wait and see.

Something did change in that regard. I was doing a v2 for the lulz to get a seal real fast, and I did notice that Yoran did not spam viruna like he would've normally.

(v2 has a plague aura)
They changed that recently for auras that give -na curable debuffs, but they still spam erase for auras that inflict erasable status effects.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-02 11:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ygnas dies before yoran every_single_run since he loves to run into aoe and kill himself. His AI just isn't great.

I've don't have that problem. On occasion he does reposition himself in ways that are lame particularly in tight areas but hardly something would consider an ongoing major problem unless you are moving around a lot in such a way to force him to reposition. One of my biggests gripes is how terrible he is healing anyone with planetoid killer... so ya know one of the best trust tanks we got
By Nyarlko 2018-05-02 11:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

From April Update notes:
POL said:
Alter ego combat logic has been adjusted.
Alter egos will no longer cure sphere effects generated by foes that can ordinarily be cured with –na type spells.
* Sphere effects that can be cured with the white magic spell Erase will be able to be cured in a future version update.

Also, copy/paste from myself from bgwiki:
Me said:
JP1) Announcement for Freshly Picked 39 Livestream is up. Scheduled for May 9th @ 20:00 JST ||| May 9th @ 06:00 EDT
In the times above, EDT includes the "test broadcast" time, JST does not. JST should actually be 19:00 if you are trying adjust time zones in order to watch it.
POL said:
We will introduce the detail of strengthening the faith, the update of the battle content "Ambuscade", various events to be held in commemoration of the 16th anniversary.

NicoNicoLive >>> LINK HERE <<<
YouTube >>> LINK HERE <<<
Just in case anyone else cares to watch it. ^^
By Takisan 2018-05-04 00:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust@119:(HP/MP)Non-Escha area
Ygnas:(1886/1146)
FerreousCoffin:(1555/972)
Kupipi:(1170/1288)
Cherukiki:(1145/1313)
Mihli Aliapoh:(1390/1091)
Pros:
1)Surprisingly high hp. More than galka with very good mp.Normally survies where most trusts splat due to aoe. Stuff like soloing Sarama Unity.
2)Normally isnt slept for some reason (high light resist to dark sleeps?) Then counters with Phototropic Blessing which wakes everyone.
3)Indi refresh when paired with Arciela

Cons:
1) Stupid 1 min haste II.
2)How the heck does Ygnas runs out of mp when he gives nothing but Cure III unless your in the red is something I never understood.
3) "Slow to heal, when he does heal it's a low level cure, and doesn't support worth a damn." Asura.Saevel
^lmao couldn't put it better

Edit: /would gladly push Naji the volcano at Ifrit's Cauldron to keep Cornelia.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-07 00:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
All Worlds Maintenance (May 9, 10)

At the following time, we will be performing server maintenance in order to accompany a version update for FINAL FANTASY XI. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

* This maintenance will be accompanied by a client program version update.
After maintenance is complete, the update will automatically begin after you press the “Play” button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

Hello broken windower, been a while
By Nyarlko 2018-05-07 01:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
All Worlds Maintenance (May 9, 10)

At the following time, we will be performing server maintenance in order to accompany a version update for FINAL FANTASY XI. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

* This maintenance will be accompanied by a client program version update.
After maintenance is complete, the update will automatically begin after you press the “Play” button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

Hello broken windower, been a while
That's what happens every month.. Nothing new here.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-07 02:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They put up two different ones and I always read the other one apparently.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-05-07 07:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »
Edit: /would gladly push Naji the volcano at Ifrit's Cauldron to keep Cornelia.

I actually managed to find a legitimate use for Naji! He's one of the only WAR-main trusts that provokes, so I use him with a locked subjob in Dynamis.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-07 11:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They never make a point to state it
Pretty sure it's part of the copy/pasta they use for update notices actually. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr all have it and I don't feel like going back any further. :x
By Nyarlko 2018-05-07 11:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

May Login Campaign info is up. I'm glad I've been telling my newbies to save 1500pts to rollover since there are like 20x ciphers available. :D Also, FINALLY Excalipoor! And lol Coeurl Mount.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-07 12:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

From JPside:
JP1) Someone asked about the difference in material loss rate between Moglification: <craft> and Moghancement: <element>. Answer is that both have the same value. I think we can also take this as a statement that none of them are variable effects and have static values regardless of element strength in your Mog House.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-05-08 05:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Now you too can mourn the loss of Cornelia with your very own statue!

Thanks Square!
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-05-08 07:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Now you too can mourn the loss of Cornelia with your very own statue!

Thanks Square!

This is pure troll level gold right here/
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2018-05-09 05:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

LIVE - Actual program starting Soon (tm) at the full hour.
By Wolfen 2018-05-09 06:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Brave Blade II - Level 1 Great Sword (All Jobs) in Mog Bonanza Rank 4.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/mogbon/index.html#blade2
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-09 07:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea proc weapons go!
By Nyarlko 2018-05-09 08:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Linky to my translation summary over on bgwiki here.

I look forward to the chaos I should return to after I wake up. It's fun getting to be a harbinger of doom. >:D
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-09 09:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool cosmetic rewards. Would have probably been better if they added one more tier of HTBF (ED - Extremely Difficult) and they were real rewards with some high tier stats.

Then again, superman VD fight was arguably one of the most annoying fights of it's time, not sure how fun that would be if it was 10 levels higher.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-05-09 10:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Cool cosmetic rewards. Would have probably been better if they added one more tier of HTBF (ED - Extremely Difficult) and they were real rewards with some high tier stats.

Then again, superman VD fight was arguably one of the most annoying fights of it's time, not sure how fun that would be if it was 10 levels higher.

Revamping high tier battles in general would be a good idea, but they likely have room to improve them at all levels.
I'd say to take chapter fights in general and bump up the base rewards/drop rates at a given difficulty. However, make HQ versions of the loot that can either be obtained via NQ item + chapters + NPC item (gil sink) -or- as a direct drop on VD/extreme.
By Afania 2018-05-09 10:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

Revamping high tier battles in general would be a good idea, but they likely have room to improve them at all levels.
I'd say to take chapter fights in general and bump up the base rewards/drop rates at a given difficulty. However, make HQ versions of the loot that can either be obtained via NQ item + chapters + NPC item (gil sink) -or- as a direct drop on VD/extreme.

Then no one will do the hard fight lol.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-09 10:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Would get ridiculous fast, HTBF's are just level 99 NMs with jacked up stats. The problem is that a central component of enmity generation is based on the level difference between the player and the target, the larger the gap the lower the enmity that is generated for things like heals / damage. A level 99 player doing 10,000 damage to a level 99 NM would generate a ton more hate then that same 99 player doing that same 10,000 damage to a level 135 NM. Same goes for healing. This makes tanking HTBF's effectively impossible and why we just DD zerg them down.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-05-09 10:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Then no one will do the hard fight lol.

Could depend, if it was a relatively low rate on VD and higher on a harder one. Same as you wouldn't tend to spam Easy for items if you could help it.
To me, something like that would be nice to see even if they don't mess with difficulties. Give people more of a reason to do the fights again outside of spamming them when the campaign is up.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 427 428 429