users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 428 429 430
By Afania 2018-05-01 11:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
But also hell yes to trusts being stronger.

If by "stronger" we mean they survive more than 1 AOE from an NM, then sure. If this means they are increasing Qultada's acc and he will spam Savage and Burning Blades in between my huge 4-step SC twice as often as before (he ALWAYS does this), huge thumbs down. During that time when he had perfect accuracy, he was almost unusable for a melee dps soloing apex, since all he ever did was ruin your skillchains. I'm not looking forward to that, if they give them something like 1200 acc.

I would just have him pop rolls and disband it.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-05-01 11:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-01 12:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone realize that we're being sold an "update" where they remove more than they add?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-05-01 12:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Se: i have a great idea... lets remove stuff and not put anything new in

Man in the shadows: for balance
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-01 12:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'll save you the trouble then: You ain't getting an Ashera from keys.

Like, I know I won't. You have to be garbage tier to get even decent drops from SP/ANV but there's always a chance the algorithm can *** up in my favor.

When there is literally only 2 items in the entire game that can come from anv keys that (imo) are good, it's basically hitting the powerball to get one.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-05-01 14:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Everyone realize that we're being sold an "update" where they remove more than they add?
We'll see. There is stuff that will be announced closer to the date. But I do admit I will mourn the loss of Cornelia.
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-05-01 14:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why take her away at this point? "It's SE" I know but, she didn't break the game nor dissuade players from group content. Should have just made a vanaversary quest to get her. "Thanks for 15 years here is a trust" just like Omega mount.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-05-01 14:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a feeling that this "trust buff quest" will somehow give us the effect Cornelia did. That way we do not need to waste a slot on her. Wishful thinking, but we will see...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-01 14:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
I have a feeling that this "trust buff quest" will somehow give us the effect Cornelia did. That way we do not need to waste a slot on her. Wishful thinking, but we will see...

I sincerely doubt that... how is "buffing trust" going to give them indi-haste indi-precision? Or anything even similar.

Buffing trust, means, straight what it says... raising their stats.

Now... if they give trust whms the god-tier MEVA yoran has... and boost their AI so that we can use Sylvie instead.... then maybe...
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-05-01 14:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

I sincerely doubt that... how is "buffing trust" going to give them indi-haste indi-precision? Or anything even similar.

Buffing trust, means, straight what it says... raising their stats.

Now... if they give trust whms the god-tier MEVA yoran has... and boost their AI so that we can use Sylvie instead.... then maybe...

Well everyone has been bitching about her being taken away since she was added, and then out of nowhere they announce a trust buff quest with no previous hints at it. Seems pretty ironic imo. inb4 the same indis dont stack.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-05-01 14:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My dilemma is the light footed of it...

This hurts new players and those working their way up solo. They just lost a huge acc/haste buff that could survive aoes unscathed.

The trust buff needs to be insane to subside the lost of her. A support that cant die
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-01 14:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehhhh, shantottoII literally solos the entire game for you up to 99. Cornelia doesn't help that much. She doesn't give 20% haste and 30 acc until a certain level.

ShantottoII 2 shots mobs 15 levels higher than you and closes skillchains. with 100% acc.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-05-01 15:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about those trying to get into endgame. Solo cp, nms, quests..

In theory - trust make it super easy as it is... but cornelia was bae
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-05-01 15:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Was there not mention of a new quest to re-obtain Cornelia, albeit her potency was to be reduced?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-01 15:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Was there not mention of a new quest to re-obtain Cornelia, albeit her potency was to be reduced?

No, "insert excuse about too many trusts, can't keep her permanently, we want to explore other trusts" answer from 4 months ago or so.

To which I say; *** delete about 50 of the "dd" trusts and let me keep cornelia instead... Cornelia being the absolute first npc I remember seeing in the bastok opening scene I have a much deeper affection for her than Cid. Or Iron Eater. or Rahal. or Babban. or Areuhat. etc
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-05-01 15:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cornelia was my way of balancing full-time Hecatomb :(
By Nyarlko 2018-05-01 15:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »

No, "insert excuse about too many trusts, can't keep her permanently, we want to explore other trusts" answer from 4 months ago or so.

To which I say; *** delete about 50 of the "dd" trusts and let me keep cornelia instead... Cornelia being the absolute first npc I remember seeing in the bastok opening scene I have a much deeper affection for her than Cid. Or Iron Eater. or Rahal. or Babban. or Areuhat. etc

They intend to use "her" spellid again later for other Trusts. She's gone-gone. We knew from before the point she was added that the Vanaversary Trust was going to be deleted this May, so I really don't get the shocked reactions from so many. :\
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-05-01 15:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
They intend to use "her" spellid again later for other Trusts. She's gone-gone. We knew from before the point she was added that the Vanaversary Trust was going to be deleted this May, so I really don't get the shocked reactions from so many. :\

It's possible that they could rotate in different NPCs to sit there and do animations with the same aura. So it's not technically Cornelia, but the benefit is still there.

Or end up making the upgraded versions of other passive trusts give similarly useful auras.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-01 16:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Ygnas have the same/similar Meva as Yoran? I'm not super familiar with Yoran, but I've been pleasantly surprised at how resistant Ygnas is and I have indeed been rocking Sylvie as my UC trust for a while now with Ygnas as my go-to main healer. I've run into many situations where everyone gets slept or silenced or something, except Ygnas. Makes me think he might have similarly boosted Meva.

Overwriting longer lasting Haste IIs with his short duration AoE Hastega II JA is about the only thing that annoys me about Ygnas, but overall I'm quite pleased with him as my go-to trust main healer. The defensive buffs from his AoE healing JA are also nice, and he pairs great with Aricela as your RDM (gives Ygnas a 2mp/tic Refresh aura and ups his personal auto-refresh from 1mp to 3mp/tic).

Me/Ygnas/Arciela/Sylvie + two rotating slots is kinda my default. Generally fill the last two with something from Selh'teus, Cornelia, a BRD trust, a tank trust, Shantotto II, or my dualboxed alt (often purely leeching, occasionally on some job that can give buffs).
By Nyarlko 2018-05-01 16:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Nyarlko said: »

It's possible that they could rotate in different NPCs to sit there and do animations with the same aura. So it's not technically Cornelia, but the benefit is still there.

Or end up making the upgraded versions of other passive trusts give similarly useful auras.

This is true. It's not impossible (as far as wishful thinking goes.) However, I got the feeling from FPs that the devs are looking at it as a slot to have fun with and explore various possibilities with rather than maintaining the same buffs w/ different faces.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-01 16:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Does Ygnas have the same/similar Meva as Yoran?

I don't have Ygnas, so I don't know. The irritation of his aoeing haste is enough that I won't bother getting him. If they get rid of that, and then get rid of arcielas aoe amnesia move that is completely worthless, then I will.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-01 17:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cornelia was always promised as a short time only trust. It was announced as such.

That said, given that Matsui and co are quite thrifty in terms of not wasting a lot of their effort, I feel like her effects will be implemented in the new trust quest line or Cornelia herself will be added in as a trust later.

But for now, she is gone.

I'm more interested in the 16th anniversary hints Matsui dropped again in his message today. He already mentioned it once in his new year's message.

Must be something more signficant than the monthly ambush updates.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2018-05-01 18:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Cornelia was always promised as a short time only trust. It was announced as such.

That said, given that Matsui and co are quite thrifty in terms of not wasting a lot of their effort, I feel like her effects will be implemented in the new trust quest line or Cornelia herself will be added in as a trust later.

But for now, she is gone.

I'm more interested in the 16th anniversary hints Matsui dropped again in his message today. He already mentioned it once in his new year's message.

Must be something more signficant than the monthly ambush updates.

Oh, you know its going to be purple subligar.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-01 20:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have Ygnas, so I don't know. The irritation of his aoeing haste is enough that I won't bother getting him.

It's not THAT bad, since it's not like he's overwriting Haste II with Haste I - just a shorter duration Haste II than what you might currently have on. Generally not too much of a problem to just get Haste II reapplied by RDM trust (or by Ygnas with another Phototrophic Wrath). BTW, Photo Wrath is definitely Haste II (I've seen some people claim it's Haste I, and they're clearly incorrect - I have personally tested some long cast time spells while naked, to easily see the impact versus having Haste I only, and I get exact same recasts with Photo Wrath's haste effect as I do with Haste II spell from a RDM).

It is a little annoying though, and I can't say I wouldn't be thrilled to have things changed so the move just doesn't overwrite existing Haste. That one change would make Ygnas absolutely perfect to me.

Overall between Ygnas and Yoran, both are very good healers. Both are resistant to enfeebles (IDK if Yoran is more resistant, but Ygnas is clearly operating on a level above trusts like UC Apururu, neither have major MP management issues, and both heal/erase quickly. Ygnas has an advantage in that he has a really nice AoE cure JA (Photo Blessing) that comes with some really kick *** additional effects: 60 seconds of 30/tic regen, 25% defense boost, and significant MDB. It's really a choice between two pretty competent healer trusts, so to me it ultimately comes down to Ygnas freeing you up to take Sylvie for UC. That's a rather major advantage to me.

Ygnas is also pretty annoying to obtain for those who haven't done everything in Adoulin though, so that's obviously a potential issue for some.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-05-01 20:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My gripe with Sylvie is really just her triggers. If you're fighting anything difficult with Sylvie out and you swap to say a Meva set without any acc she will use Precision. Same goes if you are engaged on BLU and use Tenebral Crush with Amalric +1 set.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-01 20:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

He'd be good, but as with all trusts there are large downsides.

Any trust that AOEs enemies is usually an immediate hard no. and to get his +2 refresh you need another trust that AOEs enemies. No Nott. No Solace. Can cast regular haste (any whm that has haste 1 is an automatic nope, because rdms won't overwrite it). Arciela runs out of mp and can't convert.

More irritation than it's worth.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-05-01 20:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Arciela overwrites Haste I, along with the refresh sphere.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-01 21:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I don't have Ygnas, so I don't know. The irritation of his aoeing haste is enough that I won't bother getting him.

It's not THAT bad, since it's not like he's overwriting Haste II with Haste I - just a shorter duration Haste II than what you might currently have on. Generally not too much of a problem to just get Haste II reapplied by RDM trust (or by Ygnas with another Phototrophic Wrath). BTW, Photo Wrath is definitely Haste II (I've seen some people claim it's Haste I, and they're clearly incorrect - I have personally tested some long cast time spells while naked, to easily see the impact versus having Haste I only, and I get exact same recasts with Photo Wrath's haste effect as I do with Haste II spell from a RDM).

It is a little annoying though, and I can't say I wouldn't be thrilled to have things changed so the move just doesn't overwrite existing Haste. That one change would make Ygnas absolutely perfect to me.

Overall between Ygnas and Yoran, both are very good healers. Both are resistant to enfeebles (IDK if Yoran is more resistant, but Ygnas is clearly operating on a level above trusts like UC Apururu, neither have major MP management issues, and both heal/erase quickly. Ygnas has an advantage in that he has a really nice AoE cure JA (Photo Blessing) that comes with some really kick *** additional effects: 60 seconds of 30/tic regen, 25% defense boost, and significant MDB. It's really a choice between two pretty competent healer trusts, so to me it ultimately comes down to Ygnas freeing you up to take Sylvie for UC. That's a rather major advantage to me.

Ygnas is also pretty annoying to obtain for those who haven't done everything in Adoulin though, so that's obviously a potential issue for some.

Ygnas is ***compared to the other two UC healers, he makes a half decent backup but otherwise is dumb as a box of rocks. I went through all that work, got Ygnas, went out and tested him and was supremely disappointed. Slow to heal, when he does heal it's a low level cure, and doesn't support worth a damn. Within a week I switched back to Yoran-Oran and life was better.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-05-01 21:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I like a lot of what ygnas has to offer. But the aoe attacks were too much to deal with. Kept getting my other trusts killed. I too switched to yoran after a week.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-01 21:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ygnas is ridiculously fast on -na spells and Erase, and I find him to be an incredible backup healer for dangerous enemies.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 428 429 430