Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 356 357 358 ... 426 427 428
 Asura.Bynebill
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-03-22 09:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Find it odd that they specifically mentioned master trials for this yeas plans.

Kind of thinking the prime weapons content is just going to be a "master trial" version of the chaos fight now, and there will be no actual valhalla battle content.

Def sounds like maintenance mode though, more so than now. An excuse to allow SE to move the current ffxi devs into other positions for other games.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-22 09:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you even do end game? They already incentivize and penalize party setups
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-22 09:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

As a whole, not in one event. Game balance is not event balance.

Overarching actual balance, not "in this one place rules are different"

(specific nms having geo nerfs, ws walls, SDT, instead of addressing the issues as a whole, know the difference)
Simon does not know the difference. Listing specific instances is exactly incorrect.
 Odin.Danial
Server: Odin
By Odin.Danial 2023-03-22 09:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be interesting to see what happens with the launcher. Its true logging in feels like a pointless slog, but imagine what will happen to windower. They pat themselves on the back after launching it only to find out 3/4 of the player base stopped logging in overnight haha.
By SimonSes 2023-03-22 10:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Worst balance ever by what measure? I struggle to think of a period in the game's history when more jobs were used in strats than we have now. Just about every single job in the game has a place and purpose right now which is more than can be said about many other eras in XI's history.

Magic damage is done nearly exclusively by melee. Corsairs don't shoot, they melee. Rangers don't shoot they melee. There's never been a weapon as pervasive as naegling. There's never been a "tactic" as pervasive as conduit, that went un-addressed. Ninjas don't even want to use katanas. Dragoons don't want to use polearms. Warriors don't want to use greatswords/greataxes.

Tanaka would've never let that ***fly.

Every party consists of 1 melee and 3 buffers, yet the game consists of 13 dd and 3 buffers.

Not sure what game you are playing, but RNG shoots a lot in end game and almost never melee with Naegling. Naegling RNG is mostly a thing for old content or something like segments. At Xevioso, Arebati or Sortie RNGs shoot.

COR is not a stricte ranged job, it has higher dagger skill than marksmanship. It still shoots in end game though. Sometimes mostly to make skillchains, sometimes to make damage. Even in segments you use triple shot + Leaden a lot (or at least you should).

Ninjas don't want to use Katanas? lol Hybrids are super strong and used widely by people playing NINs in end game.

DRG dont want to use polearm? I feel like everything you are saying is based on JP/EPing or old content? Naegling/KC DRG is obviously amazing for segments, but even then you switch to polearm for slashing resist monster. Now for endgame like v25 you will mostly use Polearm. Bumba would be an exception.

WAR don't want to use Great Axe? This is *** too, every record breaking strategy for Ambu done by Kaggra were using Chango WARs usually. You mistake people not wanting to use gaxe with people wanting to make "basic" WAR with just Naegling, because it's easier. Also WAR above any jobs wants (that's it's lore) and use all type of weapons. You use axe at Mboze, Polearm for Xevioso/Arebati, sword for Bumba, club for Ngai and sword/gaxe/club/polearm for segments.
[+]
 Asura.Mcdoogle
user: Montigo
By Asura.Mcdoogle 2023-03-22 10:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
he took the role, he gets the blame. Good riddance.
Hard to disagree with this, he deserves to be getting the blame (even if in truth it wasn't really his fault, we'll never know it) because of the role he covered.

Regardless of that though, I'm not sure how many of the "bad" things that happened to FFXI ever since are truly to blame on him or if he simply couldn't have made anything better given the small instruments/budget SE insisted on presenting to his staff.

The only one who can entirely be blamed for that is Tanaka I think. Back when he was still there, FFXI was still in his prime and had full (or close to full) budget and attention from the high floors.
For Matsui instead we'll never be able to know how much he's to praise for what it could've been much worse without him, or to blame because he's been incompetent in not being able to make his voice strong enough as to force SE into deserving the FFXI project more funds.

Personally I think that, in spite of all the plentyful bad choices he took, it's quite a miracle he managed to complete SoA and even RoV which I personally truly loved.

My belief is that Matsui was very positive for the game overall, most of our complaints are relatively minor in the grand scheme f things. For once the various jobs are mostly balanced and the only real sore point is that there are only 2 sets of "content" worth doing, one strips a core game component away and the other is very mage heavy. Hopefully a third set of content comes out that is more melee friendly so we can get a triumvirate.

Imagine thinking melee is getting shafted after all the MEVA gear and everything else that the game has been for yearrrrssss.

Meanwhile, mages/pet jobs have been in the dumpster forever and outside of very few content for mages, they both still are...

but boohoo sortie comps are mage focused and not mewee focused
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-22 10:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

He just sells gil lol
By SimonSes 2023-03-22 10:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mcdoogle said: »
Meanwhile, mages/pet jobs have been in the dumpster forever and outside of very few content for mages, they both still are...

I don't support Saevel's opinion here, but you are not fully correct either.

Some pet jobs have strong uses for current end game. It might be very narrow tho. BST is mostly used for tp reset, but it's a key component for that. It can also be used for Kalunga as DD and debuffer. It's used for Bumba as DD with unique ability to cut 10%hp and strong debuffer. SMN is/can be used for many reset tp strategy where you can also DD and buff with pet, so you pretty much do everything that SMN has in the arsenal as far as what you can do with pet. Pup is not that wiedly used, but it's amazing for Ngai and it can be used for similar approach at Xevioso probably.

So it's not that bad ad you try to make it look.

Now when you say mages I assume you mean Mages as DD with spells right? Because mages are widely used for everything. RDM has tons of uses as debuffer, buffer, CC, physical/magic DPS etc. sometimes many of those at the same time. Same goes for WHM as healer, buffer, debuffer. Same goes for SCH as healer, buffer and here you also have few places to shine with magic damage like Bumba, Sortie or Ongo. BLU is wiedly used too. It's only a BLM who is mainly a magic DD job has a small problem with how many things requires that, because it's mostly Sortie and Ongo.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-22 10:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is some of the most versatile blu has ever been utilized for endgame on a mainstream level, it's great
[+]
 Asura.Mcdoogle
By Asura.Mcdoogle 2023-03-22 10:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Some pet jobs have strong uses for current end game. It might be very narrow tho. BST is mostly used for tp reset, but it's a key component for that. It can also be used for Kalunga as DD and debuffer. It's used for Bumba as DD with unique ability to cut 10%hp and strong debuffer. SMN is/can be used for many reset tp strategy where you can also DD and buff with pet, so you pretty much do everything that SMN has in the arsenal as far as what you can do with pet. Pup is not that wiedly used, but it's amazing for Ngai and it can be used for similar approach at Xevioso probably.

Now when you say mages I assume you mean Mages as DD with spells right? Because mages are widely used for everything. RDM has tons of uses as debuffer, buffer, CC, physical/magic DPS etc. sometimes many of those at the same time. Same goes for WHM as healer, buffer, debuffer. Same goes for SCH as healer, buffer and here you also have few places to shine with magic damage like Bumba, Sortie or Ongo. BLU is wiedly used too. It's only a BLM who is mainly a magic DD job has a small problem with how many things requires that, because it's mostly Sortie and Ongo.

My big question is if you weren't forced to have job diversity with Ody, would you still want pet jobs/DD mages?

Maybe for some specific fights but for the META as a whole, no.

It's great that BST can TP reset and has ooze but would we even think about using it as a debuffer if GEO wasn't nerfed?

SMN is in a ***place, lets be honest here, outside of niche TP reset and hate reset. 20 seconds on a BP timer is horrible for both rage/ward and you can't even use Apogee in new content because of the halfbaked wall.

PUP is decent for one fight but it's attachments need updates and it's only looked at by the community for turtle tanking/possible sack dyna strats outside of 2 ody fights.

All COR/BRD/GEO buffs/etc need to be updated to share at least a fraction with pets. BST's pets don't get any master buffs but BST is expected by SE to melee along side their pet. SMN avatars get no master magical/physical buffs when they're apart of ranged/magical strats. PUP automatons get nothing when they're apart of turtle tank strats or want to melee along side their automaton or want their automaton to MB with mages.

The MB wall is pure trash until they implement the dyna WS wall on all content, and you'll never change my opinion on that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-03-22 11:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

My big question is if you weren't forced to have job diversity with Ody, would you still want pet jobs/DD mages?

It's great that BST can TP reset and has ooze but would we even think about using it as a debuffer if GEO wasn't nerfed?

SMN is in a ***place, lets be honest here, outside of niche TP reset and hate reset. 20 seconds on a BP timer is horrible for both rage/ward and you can't even use Apogee in new content because of the halfbaked wall.

PUP is decent for one fight but it's attachments need updates and it's only looked at by the community for turtle tanking/possible sack dyna strats outside of 2 ody fights.

All COR/BRD/GEO buffs/etc need to be updated to share at least a fraction with pets. BST's pets don't get any master buffs but BST is expected by SE to melee along side their pet. SMN avatars get no master magical/physical buffs when they're apart of ranged/magical strats. PUP automatons get nothing when they're apart of turtle tank strats or want to melee along side their automaton or want their automaton to MB with mages.

The MB wall is pure trash until they implement the dyna WS wall on all content, and you'll never change my opinion on that.
This right here pretty much wins its for me and is semi same way I feel. Also I'll add to it before anemone says it no people aren't asking for these jobs to be op and ***it's just asking for updates and assistance in these jobs. Gotta be honest when was the last time PUP got updated with stuff for the pet itself. Same with smn hell smn gear has been the same for about 10 years?
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-22 11:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

welp here we go again.

Y'all do know you can play and gear every job in the game if you wanted, and with all the storage options available you can even do so completely if desired.

I've been saying since Dyna-D started that I felt SE didn't know to truly balance their game any more with the amount of growth they had given both us and as a result, the mobs. But what they could do is just create unique content moments that needed different jobs, and since in theory you can gear and play ever job in the game without lockouts, no one is "left out" except by personal choice to only level the biggest ***-swinging heavy DDs possible.

Stop whining about a lack of balance between jobs. Its not like you're stuck with what you chose in 2008.
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-22 11:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've personally always felt a decent update to pet jobs would be to give jobs other than DRG a similar ability to Spirit Link. Not necessarily to heal, but to let them transfer buffs they have to their pets. Would go a long way for pets if I could toss 10 songs and 2 rolls onto them.
[+]
 Asura.Mcdoogle
By Asura.Mcdoogle 2023-03-22 11:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
welp here we go again.

Y'all do know you can play and gear every job in the game if you wanted, and with all the storage options available you can even do so completely if desired.

I've been saying since Dyna-D started that I felt SE didn't know to truly balance their game any more with the amount of growth they had given both us and as a result, the mobs. But what they could do is just create unique content moments that needed different jobs, and since in theory you can gear and play ever job in the game without lockouts, no one is "left out" except by personal choice to only level the biggest ***-swinging heavy DDs possible.

Stop whining about a lack of balance between jobs. Its not like you're stuck with what you chose in 2008.

This is such a horrible take. People want to play pet jobs because they enjoy them. Because they're unique and no other MMO gives these kind of experiences for said pet jobs. But yea, let me go play MNK because hurr durr I can play any job i want! Don't ever ask for your jobs to be even with other jobs, just accept the fact that they're subpar!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-22 11:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

welp here we go again.

This is such a horrible take. People want to play pet jobs because they enjoy them. Because they're unique and no other MMO gives these kind of experiences for said pet jobs. But yea, let me go play MNK because hurr durr I can play any job i want! Don't ever ask for your jobs to be even with other jobs, just accept the fact that they're subpar!

Nothing stops your playing it. But expecting 1 job to be vital to all content in a game designed around the principle of changing jobs as needed is foolish and selfish.

Play your pet jobs, enjoy the window of time where you guys were kings, and soak up the rare times where you get to be MVP for different reasons than just a parse. Its where BLMs have lived for over 8 years til Ongo.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-22 11:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can and should work within the imbalance, by understanding that it is imbalanced. (exploiting the imbalance)

Not accept that it has to be imbalanced.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-03-22 12:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

welp here we go again.

Yes but this is a stupid way to look at it. Stop using it as an excuse for why people shouldn't complain about it. Some jobs legit offer nothing and people want the jobs to be updated. Noone is saying your stuck doing xyz job but it dont feel good to be useless on a job you like. Tons of times I see this comment yet I see the same people wanting healers and buffers at stuff. If people took that same thought process with those buff jobs and healer jobs game wouldn't move. Some jobs it's not even about balance it's about making them useful without some *** nerf to them by making a mob resist xyz.

Edit most of this is just me putting stuff down btw it's not aggressive I'm just at work so it's half sentence.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-03-22 12:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You can and should work within the imbalance, by understanding that it is imbalanced. (exploiting the imbalance)

Not accept that it has to be imbalanced.
But Savage Blade gets so oldddddddddddddd :puke:
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-22 12:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

there's no fix, honestly.

And the population has two extremes on the issue on top of the failures of the development of this game to age well for all jobs-

One extreme are the huge fans of niche jobs that don't have a place in standard setups, and really only get to excel solo or in specific use moments for high-end content. There's no standard place for them, and they so love <insert job, but its usually a pet job player, let's all be honest> they whinge constantly about how SE must have it out for them and their job class.

The other extreme are the players who just enjoy the game, what they're doing isn't nearly as important as the coordination between multiple roles among disparate players from all over the place- all for a few minutes working towards a singular goal.

The first group views the 2nd as carrying SE's water, and not rightfully complaining about faults in the game. And the second group views the 1st as witless fanboys who refuse to adapt.

Neither is really wrong. There's no argument from me that its great to have a favorite job, and to want it to be important to the content you do and the people you spend time with. By the same token- all my friends aren't just my HQ Trusts to allow me to have fun...we're a team that all handles a needed job for a situation because we're playing the situation not just our own little role in it.

I also want balance. I just view successful balance differently in that I don't expect my BLM and RNG to be highly desired for every moment, or equal to other jobs in all content; I just want relevant instances for the jobs I play to be valued. So if my BLM gets a moment once a week to shine, great. I don't need it to be that way every time I log on.
[+]
 Asura.Mcdoogle
By Asura.Mcdoogle 2023-03-22 12:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

welp here we go again.

Nothing stops your playing it. But expecting 1 job to be vital to all content in a game designed around the principle of changing jobs as needed is foolish and selfish.

Play your pet jobs, enjoy the window of time where you guys were kings, and soak up the rare times where you get to be MVP for different reasons than just a parse. Its where BLMs have lived for over 8 years til Ongo.

Please don't change the goalpost. No reasonable person wants their job vital in all content (COR/BRD would like a word) People just want pet jobs to not be trash and be able to work with more comps. I don't want pet jobs to be OP. I just want there to be a shift from "hey, there are no restrictions on this fight, what comp should we use?" why the META of course, tank/melee/COR/BRD/GEO/WHM.

It just gets old after awhile.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-03-22 12:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This charmingly silly. Continue peasants.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-03-22 12:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Horizon has it right, good job balance, same with XIV
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-03-22 12:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, even if it's the end and in maintenance mode or whatever you wanna call it, a 20 year run is crazy. Now games get released and last 20.... minutes. So if SE is deciding to go the NFT/Crypto route and turn Gil Toss into a RL ability, so be it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-22 12:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Look, even if it's the end and in maintenance mode or whatever you wanna call it, a 20 year run is crazy. Now games get released and last 20.... minutes. So if SE is deciding to go the NFT/Crypto route and turn Gil Toss into a RL ability, so be it.

You give me FF6's "Falcon" as a PJ Airship and I'll completely change my beliefs regarding a cash shop in XI.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-03-22 13:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that ffxi is confirming a maint mode, can we remove the rare tag on nyame pls.
 Bahamut.Drumskull
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2023-03-22 13:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Additionally, we are working on replacing the backend hardware which supports FINAL FANTASY XI's ongoing operations. This may cause maintenance to take longer than usual for some version updates, and I'd like to ask for your understanding as this is necessary to ensure the long-term stability of operations.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-22 13:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Drumskull said: »
Additionally, we are working on replacing the backend hardware which supports FINAL FANTASY XI's ongoing operations. This may cause maintenance to take longer than usual for some version updates, and I'd like to ask for your understanding as this is necessary to ensure the long-term stability of operations.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?
In order to reduce costs even further, they're swapping to crappier hardware on their end of things so patching the game will take longer. That probably won't affect us much (if we're not getting any new content), but it'll mean anyone running the game from a fresh install is going to take more time to patch.
(That's my understanding, anyway)
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-22 13:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Drumskull said: »

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?
[+]
 Bahamut.Drumskull
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2023-03-22 13:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
from a fresh install is going to take more time to patch.
(That's my understanding, anyway)
so we are truly going to full maintenance mode now so just ambu and prime and its over?
First Page 2 3 ... 356 357 358 ... 426 427 428