Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-18 01:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
I'm not suggesting kill or no RP
You aren't; I am! XD

It's a vicious circle.
They made the entry requirements quite strict (KI consumed on entrance, 3k Segments for each KI) but in return they tried to ease the scenario of a failure by compensating players with a small amount of RP (and adding lotsa lag to the zone in return, why thank you!).
This was the obvious intent of this thing, clearly they didn't mean people to enter, do 5% damage and then wipe and afk until time is over to farm RP.
In any other game a thing like this would be patched within days lmao.

If you make so the KI is destroyed on win and allow people to participate without the KI (and without gaining anything of course) then you don't need that "compensation" mechanism, so they can remove it entirely, and also make the zone less laggy in return which would be quite a nice icing on the cake if you ask me.

Anyway, we can keep discussing this all we want but as much as I can see further tweaks coming to Odyssey in the future, they surely won't change something this big, this late into the content's life.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
Server: Asura
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-18 02:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Instead, you should get all of the credit for most of the work. Furthermore, you should get extra credit for doing all of the work.
Under that system, the RP returns would need to be boosted massively for it to be worthwhile for the majority of players.
Our group spent a few weeks on Ongo V20 before we got a kill and if we we would have to put as much effort only to get ~5k RP, I'm a pretty sure some members would just quit doing the event.
[+]
By Slowforever 2022-05-18 04:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading through this post has been interesting.

Things that came to mind for me concerning the recent news and FFXI's future.

*all ultimate weapons are locked behind decently sized content- expect the same with prime weapons, not on a new expansion size scale but similar.

*SE (hopefully) will likely make the process of building one more along the path of an aeonic and not as tedious as other ultimate weapons.

*as I get older and see friends and family start to pass away it certainly makes me think about my life and the time I put into gaming. I've been quite selfish all my life and addicted to games. It does make me reconsider what I'm doing with my time. I've started using the readscripture app on my phone and its been fascinating reading through the bible and having historical references and in-depth analysis of each book.

*As far as a remaster, slim chance, possibly in 10 years or more. Remember unlike retail sales where profit margins of 50 % are expected. Gaming sales especially MMO's demand/expect profits of 70-85%. This is a publicly traded company unfortunately. This game if it's lucky is generating maybe 500k usd a year. (475k euros) They are paying for staff and servers so this game is probably only generating 40-60% profit which is fine but not something they would invest large amounts of money into. The best we can hope for is continued success of FFXIV and more players migrating from there and maybe?? Yoshi-P getting more pressure from the fan base.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-18 05:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowforever said: »
This game if it's lucky is generating maybe 500k usd a year. (475k euros)

They estimate themselves that they're making over 3m USD a year.
[+]
By Meeble 2022-05-18 09:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
If you make so the KI is destroyed on win and allow people to participate without the KI (and without gaining anything of course) then you don't need that "compensation" mechanism, so they can remove it entirely, and also make the zone less laggy in return which would be quite a nice icing on the cake if you ask me.

The KI requirement and loss on entry mechanic are a ham-handed way of keeping queue times down. SE isn't investing in improved infrastructure so I don't ever see that going away, but allowing no-RP veng fights with your daily moglophone would be a nice QoL change. They could even make those kind of runs loss on kill instead, but IMO if they allowed mog 1's to stack to 2 or 3 they wouldn't even need to do that.

Would make it so you could meet up once or twice a week and either do no-rp veng progression or seg farms and rp farming. It would have the added benefit of making the initial v0 climb and base gear unlocks far more accessible to players who aren't doing Odyssey now because they suck at seg farming.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-05-18 10:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anyway, we can keep discussing this all we want but as much as I can see further tweaks coming to Odyssey in the future, they surely won't change something this big, this late into the content's life.

They specifically called attention to the JP community feeling that Odyssey was too difficult or restrictive, so I would anticipate they are evaluating changes somewhere.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-05-18 10:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Based JP community actually able to get change in this game.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-18 22:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
They specifically called attention to the JP community feeling that Odyssey was too difficult or restrictive, so I would anticipate they are evaluating changes somewhere.
This gets parroted a lot, but can someone actually point me to a specific timestamp in the livestream where this was said? Because when I rewatched the Odyssey segment, I only heard them talking about how they want to make something even more challenging.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-19 00:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

These two 4gamer interviews and the census they released 2 weeks ago are all you really need to know about FFXI in the modern era.

https://www.4gamer.net/games/005/G000546/20220511037/
https://www.4gamer.net/games/005/G000546/20220513055/
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-05-19 00:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
The KI requirement and loss on entry mechanic are a ham-handed way of keeping queue times down. SE isn't investing in improved infrastructure so I don't ever see that going away, but allowing no-RP veng fights with your daily moglophone would be a nice QoL change. They could even make those kind of runs loss on kill instead, but IMO if they allowed mog 1's to stack to 2 or 3 they wouldn't even need to do that.

Would make it so you could meet up once or twice a week and either do no-rp veng progression or seg farms and rp farming. It would have the added benefit of making the initial v0 climb and base gear unlocks far more accessible to players who aren't doing Odyssey now because they suck at seg farming.

The no-RP fight idea is a good one.

I also wouldn't mind players being able to just participate in a fight for no segment costs (or low segment cost, like maybe a 100 segment alternate entry KI), in exchange for getting no RP. Kind of a similar approach to Unity NMs where they added the ability for players to not spend accolades, not get coffer reward for wins, but still be able to help others to do the fight.

Segment cost isn't that big of a deal for players who regularly farm segs with optimized 6/6 parties - but in my experience, that is not the vast majority of players. Segment costs are a real limitation for a lot of people who might otherwise not mind helping friends get clears for progression, but they just can't afford to spend the segments.

If you're really worried about overcrowding, just put a cap on how many times per day you can do a no-segment fight.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-19 01:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You would just have even more people selling clears or assisting with clears.
[+]
By Manque 2022-05-19 01:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I reviewed the vanaversary video and didnt find any comment saying the JP community thought Odyssey was too difficult. It wasn't in that video at least.

Some notes from the 20 ani. stream from 4:55~ in the video that I found interesting but not sure if was mentioned here or not now that I was forced to watch it:
  • We are just over halfway through VR

• In connection to VR, thinking of adding a new area but not an open area like Reisenjima. More of a 'place to fight', 'place for stories'. Probably to appear near the end of VR.

• Update to seasonal events planned to reinvigorate them as many have already done them and the content is stale. Starting with Sunshine Seekers in June.

• Master level increase to be hopefully finalized around Nov. Sub level up to 59.

• Ody: Venge level increased alongside adding levels to equipment. For equip, increaed aug slots for gear and accessories.

• Thinking of creating new content with stronger foes as a place for players to be able to test/prove the worth of their augmented/strengthened equipment. Things may change, but new battle contents to be placed in Ra'Kaznar. Content will be created with the idea it's challenged as a party and not alliance. Content will be accessible by players starting with those who have good foundation from Ambu gear but it won't shutout started players. Empyrean upgrade items as spoils. +3 will require tougher foes. If things proceed according to plan, release around July but it's very challenging to create stats for each job's equipment. Need to investigate the stats and balance.

• Prime weapons. Need to complete VR to access. Compared to RMEA, prime weapons can be considered a comparable class of weapons, not a replacement. You do NOT have to create a dynamis relic to access prime weapons.

• Omen cards. Too many jobs to create a storage system for cards. Scales cannot be dboxed as they want to limit how easy it is to just fully gear-out a sub-account using a main. May change in the future.

[+]
By Aoibhe 2022-05-19 01:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it was taken from the comments that were happening on YouTube live at the time.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-19 03:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
Thinking of creating new content with stronger foes as a place for players to be able to test/prove the worth of their augmented/strengthened equipment. Things may change, but new battle contents to be placed in Ra'Kaznar.
That whole bit was very confusing to me, since at first they started talking about wanting to create more challenging content, but then immediately segued into +2 empy being more accessible even for people who just got their ambu gear. I kinda got the impression that those were 2 separate pieces of content, but that might be just me missing something.

Manque said: »
Prime weapons. Need to complete VR to access.
This as well, on livestream they were saying you'd need to complete/have progress in TVR to access these, which would place their release around 18 months from now (seeing as we are just in the middle of the story), but then in Matsui's letter he said the new weapons are "close".
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-19 03:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that we're around the middle of VR missions doesn't necessarily mean that:

1) We are EXACTELY at the middle, we could be shortly past that
2) They are going to release the remaining parts with the same speed they released the previous ones
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-05-19 04:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like making Empy+2 approachable is the right decision. I'm in a shell with newer players and I think a lot of them find Odyssey too exclusive and frustrating since they either lack the jobs or gear to participate. You can't keep adding content like that and expect to keep people around if they are just bashing their head into a wall unable to progress.

My expectation because of this is that the Empyrean upgrades will remain somewhat niche in their use cases and the augmented Odyssey gear will continue to be the top tier for what it is being used for. In other words, improvements are likely to be underwhelming outside of a few pieces and when compared to augmented Ody gear.

Asura.Essylt said: »
This gets parroted a lot, but can someone actually point me to a specific timestamp in the livestream where this was said? Because when I rewatched the Odyssey segment, I only heard them talking about how they want to make something even more challenging.

I don't speak JP, I took it from Funk's livestream notes:
Quote:
Odyssey - they want to add stronger equipment. Hes planning on battle content where strong enemies come out. JP players seem upset how hard odyssey is and that this cant happen if its this hard. V25 confirmed, along with appraisal accessory? Future augs will add 4th Aug slot instead of increasing existing stats

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56667/may-8th-2022-livestream-thread

Was this mistranslated or misinterpreted?

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Segment cost isn't that big of a deal for players who regularly farm segs with optimized 6/6 parties - but in my experience, that is not the vast majority of players. Segment costs are a real limitation for a lot of people who might otherwise not mind helping friends get clears for progression, but they just can't afford to spend the segments.

IMO their perceived solution to this is the Amplifiers, they assume people that need RP will spend segments to amplify the RP and those that don't won't. Personally, I think they have it backwards, going in for little/no RP should be less segs than getting amplified RP, but I expect they see that as doing something similar to what you are describing.

I don't see them reducing the entry cost, but I would like to see them provide some kind of mechanism to get either 3k segments or MPIIs another way that is more limited, like a monthly/weekly RoE objective. I think that might encourage more participation without overwhelming the limited resources available. I doubt they'll remove the penalty for failure entirely for clears, although I really wish it was lower so we could at least try different strategies and experiment more with a lower cost of failure.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-19 04:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I see none is really talking about what they said in May Digest about job-specific accessories. I wonder if that's another translation error or we are getting some JSE rings, earrings or belts maybe? :)
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-19 04:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like it, since neither Manque, nor myself could find any mention of it in the actual video.

My expectation because of this is that the Empyrean upgrades will remain somewhat niche in their use cases and the augmented Odyssey gear will continue to be the top tier for what it is being used for. In other words, improvements are likely to be underwhelming outside of a few pieces and when compared to augmented Ody gear.
According to Matsui, +3 empys will be "quite strong". Make of that what you will.

SimonSes said: »
I wonder if that's another translation error or we are getting some JSE rings, earrings or belts maybe? :)
Since the content is tied to empyrean armor reforging, I suspect we will get updated versions of the JSE accessories from Abyssea.
[+]
By Meeble 2022-05-19 09:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see them provide some kind of mechanism to get either 3k segments or MPIIs another way that is more limited, like a monthly/weekly RoE objective.

Repeatable daily RoE's that reward segs would be an excellent improvement. Something like 1k Segments for killing 10 Nostos, or 1 Mog III for clearing a Halo would be a small bonus for people already clearing 6k+ per run, but a massive boost for the folks in ambu gear struggling to break 2k.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-05-19 10:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

When will they release Emp+3?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-19 10:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

July patch, if no further delays.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-19 10:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
When will they release Emp+3?

+2 June or July?
+3 later this year?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-19 10:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I see none is really talking about what they said in May Digest about job-specific accessories. I wonder if that's another translation error or we are getting some JSE rings, earrings or belts maybe? :)
I kind of figured they'd follow the path of the original Empyrean Gear release, how there were JSE earrings in loot pools of Abyssea. I'm kind of expecting something similar, with maybe a set bonus the way the Regal Earring/Ring provide that....and the old Empy sets did have a set bonus (albeit quite small) tied to them.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-19 14:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

jse necks 2 earring edition
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-05-19 14:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess farming them now may be a good idea. There was also JSE backs and necks in abyssea as well. MORE JSE BACKS!
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-19 14:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

would assume theyll be all new pieces rather than upgradeables, and backs im doubtful on but who knows
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-05-19 15:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For the people that still want to have hope:

https://gyazo.com/fe75382334797d39d7198e11527b7849
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-19 19:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair the translation they put out in english to cover the live stream originally said,

"In other battle content news, we're finally going to bring you Empyrean weapon reforging in two separate version updates—one in summer, and one in winter."

I don't assume we get a good translation until I see it. The idea of new empy accessories is cool, but also can easily just be a mistranslation.
[+]
By Manque 2022-05-19 19:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
To be fair the translation they put out in english to cover the live stream originally said,

"In other battle content news, we're finally going to bring you Empyrean weapon reforging in two separate version updates—one in summer, and one in winter."

I don't assume we get a good translation until I see it. The idea of new empy accessories is cool, but also can easily just be a mistranslation.

Unfortunately, this is just a mistranslation.

JPN: バトル関連では、とてもとてもお待たせしてしまいましたが、エンピリアン装束の更なる打ち直しを、夏頃と冬頃の2回に分けて実装します
ENG: Empyrean Attire/Equipment

https://jisho.org/search/%E8%A3%85%E6%9D%9F
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-20 00:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Seems like it, since neither Manque, nor myself could find any mention of it in the actual video.

I think this was the sentiment in chat, not from the transcript of their broadcast. Maybe check the replay to see what people were saying at the time Odyssey adjustments were discussed?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 281 282 283 ... 424 425 426