First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-08 02:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVwb60nU1IA

Let's try to keep this in one thread and not 5 others, FFXIAH. You've been rather messy lately and it's disgusting. Please mass report shitposters so they get hidden for moderation and derails of idiots do not occur. It's the only way to keep this from being a ***thread like all of the others.

Pre-roll music has started, the YT live chat is full of garbage, and everything is schedule to kick off in under 10 minutes.

Relevant other threads:
- Terrible hopes and dreams and expectations thread
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-05-08 02:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to be editing this post with what I can manage to catch.

Schedule:

17:00 ~ historical movie 1
18:10 ~ historical movie 2
19:35 ~ special guest part
20:15 ~ freshly picked vanadiel special

This part around 3:55am is reminiscing the 20 year history of the game... Everyone in chat surprised to see Ridil (not sure his actual name, they are calling him Ridil.)

Tanaka talking about how he got into MMOs

Employees who made an appearance, spoiler for big

None of this is too interesting. "Rongi Pongi" is typing a bunch of stuff in the chat trying to point out highlights.

They are talking about the launch of the game and issues with payment processing... POL infrastructure in the early internet... So far everything has already been covered on http://www.ffxihistory.com

As we already know, FFXI devs met with PSO employees and EQ employees to see how they made quests/game/etc

Just talking about Matsui interviewing everyone in the we were vanadiel website

VANADIEL DEV SECRETS

Unity leader maximum could be 31. Candidates included Octavian and Valanerial, but because the trust limit was reached they were not implemented.

Valanerial was changed because of Majesty. If PLD is changed again. Valanerial might be changed again

"Pamam's Skin" (bad translation) was initially in Yorcia. It was intended to be able to fish in the fountain where Opo-opos were. Team members said "because it is a sacred fountain, dont put garbage in it!"

A "controller flick" system was supposed to be implemented for menus, along with the enter button (X?). It was too difficult so it was abandoned.

When they make a scene/event in dev debug, they use mandragora to see what number of them is associated with a flag to see what flags are set.

There are two people in charge of Ambuscade V1, but one of them regrets that he ovedid the match against medusa and sahagin.

The History of Jeuno was reorganized at the release of TVR. The city declined in popularity, and it is now popular again.

Some lore about jeuno, rolanberries, and how ru lude was built.

We all know mandragora mania is based off of Mancala, but they wanted positions where both opponent and player could move. thats how mandragora mania was born.

There is a hidden command in the quest "Full Speed Ahead!". if you type /psych when the sweat is appearing on raptor when running up the hill, you can maintain maximum speed when the raptor motivation is down.
About the quest: there are two routes to the goal, the north and south. if you run normally, the north route is faster. they expected that the south route would each the goal earlier than the north when using /psych, but the command was not as good as expected. because of this, they forgot to disclose the command. the command is still implemented in the game, so give it a try if interested.

The Ambuscade battle arena was planned to be a raid area that would be implemented earlier than dynamis

Dream Flowers do not drop directly due to a consciousness disorder, hallucinations and euphoria when petals are essential oil and derived from sleeping... (bad translation, kinda dumb anyway)

Dev staff also plays the game with personal characters. They do not talk in game much to not inadvertently talk about game details.

Part 2

Reminiscing of memorable areas.

Reminiscing of memorable BGM.

Vanadiel music tour. sit back and dont fall asleep.

Granblue crossover now

Prishe, Shantotto, Lilisette, and Kraken Club going to be added in Granblue. https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/ujjmwq/granblue_fantasy_collab_event_mirage_minstrel/

VANADIEL DEV SECRETS 2
"Profilaxis" used by Ou is tribute toi the killer queen's ability in JoJo's Bizaare Adventure

When FFXI used to run install verifications, the building manager said the electricity use was unprecidented. After that, the number of breakers in the building was increased.

Initially, the fixed phrase dictionary was a mechanism to support sentence input (japanese). Because other companies had pantents, they instead focused on input completion and auto translate.

The character Angelica, the painter, had an upside down pallette. If it was fixed, "horrifying things would happen".

In early community events, items were placed manually. It is now possible to flag items in the game instead.

A phrase "Stop hiding under your mama's skirt" or something similar to that, was in /say when someone used provoke. This was from EQ. It was removed after the beta concluded.

In the early game life, the dev who made an item was supposed to be responsible to also make the name. (bad translation here) Some devs changed the names of items. it wasn't malacious, but Life Belt was one of the items that was changed. "Physical Hit+" was changed to "Life+" in order to express the stats in as few of characters as possible, but staff read it as "life, not hit". As a result, the name Life Belt had nothing to do with performance.

At the end of Chains of Promathia during debug, as a placeholder Michael Koji-Fox's voice was recorded from localization.

When Meteor was under development, because of the special circumstances that multiple people use it at once, the animation didnt always go off and the server could crash.

Hidden recipe: "Pungent Powder": Alchemy lvl:???, Glass Fiber, Ahriman Lens, Gelatin, Cornstarch, Saruta Cotton, Silk Cloth, pagodite, light crystal

Pungent Powder II: alchemy 102, light crystal, glass fiber x2, ahriman lens,revival tree root, corn starch, saruta cotton, silk cloth, pagodite

"Rolanberry Pickled rarab tail" hidden synth, 115 cooking, dark crystal, black pepper, maple sugar, sock salt, and ro'maeve water, rarab tail x2, apple vinegar, rolanberry

These recipes explain what Pagodite is for! There is probably a recipe for pungent powder III too.

When devs wanted a jail, a larger area than intended was implemented. What it was changed to was the minimum size of an area?

NPC rank contest:
1 Shantotto
2 Lilisette
3 Prishe
4 Arciela
5 Iroha
6 Zeid
7 Aphmau
8 Karaha-Baruha
9 Naja Salaheem
10 Kupipi

Think that this bad green screen with port jeuno is live. We have freshly picked up next it seems.

Freshly Picked special

May and June

Special logo not watermarked. We will get a better quality one on may 16th like usual.

New vanadiel march coming in the title screen as we already know. Mizuta named it "We Are Vana'diel", naturally.

Ambuscade
May: Mamool Ja v1, Pteraketos v2. For V1, changing difficulty of "D and VD". changing element types to match mamool colors lol.

June: Qutrub v1, v2 TBA

TVR
May: meeting Maat, as we know. Art of an elvaan fighting a goblin. probably will be in game as on of those "fading images".

June: ???

Mandragora Mania is changing format for this year's adventurer appreciation campaign.

New "logo shirt", moogle image. part of the new mandragora game. dispenses fireworks that shoot in the air and say anniversary.

Master Level increase in June up to 40.

Cornelia returning for May! Cornelia summonable until November update. Matsui-P going to be added in November for 6 months until May 2023?

Cornelia stats: Haste + 20%, Acc+30, RAcc+30, MAcc +30

Matsui-p also will be altered somehow.

New campaign added in may: 10 million gil in aman trove possible (instead of the 5 mil?) the others are repeat like EXP/CP/ETC. probably will be released later today.

They announced we are getting the aman trove silver voucher campaign.

Fixing Sroda ring not working.

Bonanza will be the same as we have had (bonanza pearls) but we get 2 pearls this time per char.

New lockstyle rank 3 item similar to ballista royale item/Laurel Crown

New 20th anni merch

Goblin for 6380 yen, can preorder - release in Nov '22

Mandragora 4400 yen, can preorder - release in Nov '22

Shantotto 5060 yen, can preorder - release in Nov '22

They are all actually pretty big despite what it looks like above

Coffee mug 3000 yen, can preorder - release oct '22

looks like it changes color with heat? or two colors available?

Music box set 5280 yen, can preorder - release oct '22

Famitsu will have a special 20 page issue featuring FFXI.

Special version upgrade "It's too much version upgrade!" about TVR

Just past halfway with TVR story, so probably another year? if you are expecting anything major at the end, you have to wait.

Updating Sunshine Seeker event, along with other seasonal events.

Master level cap is going to be 50 for the immediate future. seems to be end of the year they will be added from 40 to 50.

Odyssey - they want to add stronger equipment. Hes planning on battle content where strong enemies come out. JP players seem upset how hard odyssey is and that this cant happen if its this hard. V25 confirmed, along with appraisal accessory? Future augs will add 4th Aug slot instead of increasing existing stats

Confirmed that empyrean +2/+3 coming. Seems that new battle content and Empyrean upgrades scheduled for July. Taking place in rakaznar. +2 soloable. Fresh 99 can contribute. +3 requires more work.

"I wonder if the black relic weapon of TVR will be a reward". It will be revealed in TVR why it is the shape of ragnarok and what color it has.

Strength of these weapons will be the same as REM. Involves the birth of relics and the Hydra Corps. Not a relic remake/upgrade. "Prime Weapons" is the term it seems.

JP players were saying the Tanaka tears were as fake as Amber Heard

Cut to Ronfaure was on Bahamut

Matsui not retiring, going to keep working hard until he does.

New Vanadiel march? and player submitted screenshots playing at the end of the stream
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
Server: Asura
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-05-08 02:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone doing a translation somewhere?
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-08 02:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito looking healthier than he has recently. Everyone looks to be in good spirits.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-08 03:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything up to the freshly picked segment seems entirely useless.
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-08 03:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Everything up to the freshly picked segment seems entirely useless.

Depends on the person. At least they gave us a schedule and you know you can circle back in a few hours.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-08 03:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really complaining. Just too used to XIV frontloading all the important announcements before moving to voice actor appearances and other stuff I don't care about.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-08 03:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In the mouth of memes!

By Ryotto 2022-05-08 04:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
I'm not really complaining. Just too used to XIV frontloading all the important announcements before moving to voice actor appearances and other stuff I don't care about.

I actually agree with the above statement, I was hoping for a translation somewhere but....this is boring me, it seems like this is highly disorganized unlike Yoshi-P's live letters. Would be nice if they gave us information on like what's to come and such.
By Draylo 2022-05-08 04:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't be so boring if it was in English, I don't mind reminiscing and small dev notes etc. Of course XIV gets translations from the start, but XI not important enough ;/
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-05-08 04:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Wouldn't be so boring if it was in English, I don't mind reminiscing and small dev notes etc. Of course XIV gets translations from the start, but XI not important enough ;/
The vast majority of Live Letters from Yoshi-P are Japanese only.

Edit: Although the slides they show do have EN parts.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2022-05-08 04:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Even XIV only gets live translation for very big things like expansions and particularly special announcements; regular live letters don't get it.

I don't know what people were expecting; this was always going to be a deep nostalgia dive, and we knew there wouldn't be translation.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-05-08 04:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just be bi-lingual or have a basic understanding of the language to follow along, kek
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-08 04:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with the assessment that xiv live letters don't get live translations either, but these segments aren't live. The history movies are pre recorded. There was nothing stopping them from having EN captions.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-08 04:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

In a few days, subtitles will be available and you can use YT's auto-translate to attempt to infer what's being said. All of the big stuff will be made known in this thread probably tonight.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I agree with the assessment that xiv live letters don't get live translations either, but these segments aren't live. The history movies are pre recorded. There was nothing stopping them from having EN captions.
Dude, that's, like, work.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-08 04:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So who was the guy who randomly came and talked in English? Is that the community team member with the Flan avatar on forums?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-08 04:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bayohne
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-08 04:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So who was the guy who randomly came and talked in English? Is that the community team member with the Flan avatar on forums?
Matt Hilton. Been around a LONG time on the NA community team (remember the Podcast tour?) and now I think runs all of the community team. For whatever that's worth in 2022.
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2022-05-08 04:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

True, I was mostly thinking of the live segments.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-08 04:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They're spending a large amount of time reminiscing about BGM. It's kind of sad they didn't cut this portion and give us a live concert in it's place...

Bahamut.Galakar
Server: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-05-08 04:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've just learnt how to spell Ronfaure correctly. Seems like I've spelling it wrong for my whole life.
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2022-05-08 04:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lusiphur said: »
They're spending a large amount of time reminiscing about BGM. It's kind of sad they didn't cut this portion and give us a live concert in it's place...

1) the soundtrack remains great, some discussion is warranted
2) the cost and preparation for a concert vs a video segment is the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it

Like, I would have liked that too, but let's not kid ourselves about the available resources here
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-05-08 04:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the Mmmmmm's for me its all I can hear now.
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-08 04:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

MMM MM MMM MMMMMM MMM!!

MMMposting is now in effect!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-08 04:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

P i l f e r e d
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-08 04:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
Like, I would have liked that too, but let's not kid ourselves about the available resources here

We've had live-streamed concerts in the past. Even a short piano solo set or what have you would've been nice.
By Draylo 2022-05-08 04:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

People still think this is a little indie game by a small company doing a show out of their basement.
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-08 04:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

and the special guest is *** Granblue guy

Because of course

so predictably lame
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15