users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 275 276 277 ... 427 428 429
By Rips 2022-05-12 17:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »
Rips said: »
If your goal is to make gil from AMAN Trove, you'll like AMAN Trove prior to the changes. I went from getting a few omen bodies a month to getting 1. However, that is just one month of data post-patch and my accounts are an anomaly as I have many mules at 99.

Out of the thousands of Mars Orbs I popped, and the hundreds of loud thuds I received, I've only ever received 1 O. Sash while I've received over a dozen Shamash Robes and Ashera Harnesses.

Of course I agree the pool is now diluted for specific reasons, but I won't ***. I'll just make a confident claim that for the purpose of making gil, the old patch was superior.

This month, I'm going all in on Venus Orbs and attempt to hone my skill with the audio noise.

I'll agree since it is diluted a lot more that I haven't seen an Omen body actually since it was updated.

That being said, I have sold multiple Malignance, Crepuscular (mail, head, dagger) since. (Also got a random osash last week)

But like you said, money wise, it's lower BUT I will say, now that I have my cloak and dagger from AMAN, I no longer ever have to suffer through running countless Shinryu. So i'm happy overall.

May I ask if you were popping with Mars or Venus orbs?
[+]
By IGDC 2022-05-12 17:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

All Mars
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-05-12 17:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

But like you said, money wise, it's lower BUT I will say, now that I have my cloak and dagger from AMAN, I no longer ever have to suffer through running countless Shinryu. So i'm happy overall.

This is exactly why I hate AMAN Trove. It discourages participating in the actual game content in favor of a gatcha game that gives out top gear for zero input.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-05-12 17:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »

This is exactly why I hate AMAN Trove. It discourages participating in the actual game content in favor of a gatcha game that gives out top gear for zero input.

While I agree that it sucks when someone who doesn't do X content walks away with the best loot from it. But for someone who does the content ad nauseum to get the gear, it's nice that there's another source specifically for the ultra rare drops that you never see from the content.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-12 18:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
But for someone who does the content ad nauseum to get the gear, it's nice that there's another source specifically for the ultra rare drops that you never see from the content.

they could just make the content massively more difficult with higher droprates, like an uber-intense difficulty mode.. giving out the loot through gacha isn't something to be happy about

should be upset they had the nerve to put 1% droprates in there in the first place
[+]
By Rips 2022-05-12 18:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right.

Even though it's designed to be only entered once or twice a month given the amount of silver vouchers you get - and acts as a fun little bonus/gambling mini game - one could just go ahead and buy orb pops to circumvent Omen (and now Dynamis D) altogether.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-12 18:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As with all things, it would be a nice little bonus and totally reasonable to include the drops as they are, if you couldn't make infinite accounts and go infinite times.

Best intentions absolutely ruined by having to exploit everything to the fullest extreme.
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-12 18:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

AMAN Trove is only a loot pinata if you swing your wallet at it. You don't have to pay to win if you don't want to. For a normal player, this event isn't allowing you to skip anything.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-05-12 19:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't discourage participation when 95% of the playerbase wasn't participating.

Discouraging is seeing a linkshell mate go 1/250 or some ***on Ashera.

Discouraging is seeing the hundreds of Shinryu fights that have been done with nothing to show for it.

Discouraging is watching friends struggle to get Malignance gear with a year farming.

Adding these drops to AMAN isn't fixing a problem, it's throwing us a *** bone. Why can't people just be *** happy about the little ***here instead of being nitpicky crying how abysmal BCNM drops were ruined?
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-05-12 19:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

Can't discourage participation when 95% of the playerbase wasn't participating.

Discouraging is seeing a linkshell mate go 1/250 or some ***on Ashera.

Discouraging is seeing the hundreds of Shinryu fights that have been done with nothing to show for it.

Discouraging is watching friends struggle to get Malignance gear with a year farming.

Adding these drops to AMAN isn't fixing a problem, it's throwing us a *** bone. Why can't people just be *** happy about the little ***here instead of being nitpicky crying how abysmal BCNM drops were ruined?

You're making valid arguments as to why drop rates should be tweaked.

You aren't making a case one way or another that gear should just be part of a lottery system.

And it's fine if you prefer getting your gear and progression with no effort. I prefer in an MMORPG that a player's gear and progression be a reflection of the time and effort they have put into their character. To each their own.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-12 19:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want better drop rates; it's literally as easy as doing NOTHING.

Stop. Going. *** with the metrics, get the fix.

You're doing the exact thing they designed it for. Stay subbed, keep doing it for no reward and never quit. The perfect subscriber.
[+]
By Rips 2022-05-12 19:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been over this. You have to protest by unsubbing, but nobody is really doing it, and if they are, they just unsub and walkaway. The often includes not letting us fellow players know and just outright dipping.

Honestly, sometimes I think those people are the real winners/smart ones.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-05-12 19:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you want better drop rates; it's literally as easy as doing NOTHING.

Stop. Going. *** with the metrics, get the fix.

You're doing the exact thing they designed it for. Stay subbed, keep doing it for no reward and never quit. The perfect subscriber.

You can criticize elements of a game without having to just cancel a subscription. If I had to agree with every design choice of an MMORPG, I would have never played a single one.

There very well could be a point where the number of design choices I don't agree with outweigh my enjoyment of the game. At that point I will unsubscribe. But I am not so narcissistic to think or expect SE will change the game to cater to my idiosyncratic preferences thereafter.
[+]
By Rips 2022-05-12 19:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong though. I'm all for riling up the player base by throwing in even more items that have a lower than 1% drop chance. Lookin' at you, Kraken Club.

>:)
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-12 20:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer in an MMORPG that a player's gear and progression be a reflection of the time and effort they have put into their character. To each their own.

Velner, you multibox several accounts so you can make content easier. A reflection of time and effort? Time and effort spent earning the money to float all those accounts or actual in-game effort? C'mon my man, please come down before you fall and hurt yourself.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-05-12 20:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
I prefer in an MMORPG that a player's gear and progression be a reflection of the time and effort they have put into their character. To each their own.

Velner, you multibox several accounts so you can make content easier. A reflection of time and effort? Time and effort spent earning the money to float all those accounts or actual in-game effort? C'mon my man, please come down before you fall and hurt yourself.

Are you accusing me of purchasing my accounts already built? Or did I put hundreds, if not thousands, of hours into each character?

Either way, that is well beyond the point.
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-12 20:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you accusing me of purchasing my accounts already built? Or did I put hundreds, if not thousands, of hours into each character?

I'm not really accusing you of anything. Sure you spend time on your alts, but they weren't all leveled independently as if you were a solo player each time through. You used your main account to funnel gear to your alts and they all progressed at an accelerated rate, similar to how people who have alts to throw at Trove burn through the drops faster.

The issue you have with Trove exists specifically for people who are using additional accounts or mules to take advantage of it. That's not a game development issue.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-05-12 20:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really accusing you of anything. Sure you spend time on your alts, but they weren't all leveled independently as if you were a solo player each time through. You used your main account to funnel gear to your alts and they all progressed at an accelerated rate, similar to how people who have alts to throw at Trove burn through the drops faster.

The issue you have with Trove exists specifically for people who are using additional accounts or mules to take advantage of it. That's not a game development issue.

That's not my issue at all. As you pointed out, I can take advantage of it in that exact same way were I so inclined. . .
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-05-12 21:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Muti boxers with no friends be like...

Touch grass and maybe some *** bro...

Meme brought to you by the #Idontmutiboxgang
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-12 21:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The only other way I take this is that you don't want people to just randomly get drops. Ladies and gentlemen the Moogle Bonanza is officially dead. Also, going forward you will only be able to trade alexandrite you farmed yourself for your Mythics, just like Velner did...
[+]
By IGDC 2022-05-12 21:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

zero effort.
yes, doing shinryu 300+ times on VD at 30 merits a time was zero effort.
me getting it from trove finally so i DONT have to do yet another 300 to maybe have a chance at it? fine by me.
you want to say i've had zero effort in this game to get anything if i got it from trove? (or anyone for that), go right ahead- live in your fantasy world online and in real life.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-05-12 21:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

zero effort.
yes, doing shinryu 300+ times on VD at 30 merits a time was zero effort.
me getting it from trove finally so i DONT have to do yet another 300 to maybe have a chance at it? fine by me.
you want to say i've had zero effort in this game to get anything if i got it from trove? (or anyone for that), go right ahead- live in your fantasy world online and in real life.

I've done 700 and still don't have all the drops. Of course, this is all well beside the point and that's why we're getting so personal. And because this particular pile-on, as is so common on these forums, has devolved to the extremely personal (calling me friendless, saying I'm crying, attacking my playstyle) I am out. Later, cat lovers! Enjoy your gacha! (I really don't mind that you like it, by the by).
[+]
By AegParm 2022-05-12 22:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who farmed every drop from Shinryu, allow me to speak for my people:

We are ok with the gear in AMAN trove. It's really not that good anyway and no one cares. Let's move on with our lives.
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-12 23:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing personal Velner, I just disagree with what you said. It probably comes across a certain way because of how you play. One man's paid dues are another man's subscription to luxury I guess.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2022-05-13 08:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This game has been RNG city since 2002. There are so many gear pieces I've chased over the years that took a while to get, it is what it is. Without the randomness and occasional long chase in getting an item it's just FFXIV or WoW. The flip side of that of course is there's always going to be situations where you go 1/1 , 1/5 or 1/10 on something rare.

Gratend Shinryuu 2.0 is just ridiculous they should think about readjusting the effort required to for that BC. Drop rates on the ultra rare items being increased would go a long way.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-13 09:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

AegParm said: »
As someone who farmed every drop from Shinryu, allow me to speak for my people:

We are ok with the gear in AMAN trove. It's really not that good anyway and no one cares. Let's move on with our lives.
Thanks for the Cloak, bruv!

*rubs hands menacingly*
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-13 10:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty ridiculous.
Every MMO progressively eases the means to obtain certain items once the content they come from gets old enough.
They do it through different means, but the result is the same.
FFXI is no different so I'm not really sure how people can be surprised.

All of the BCs they added to the AMAN trove are pretty old. If you aren't done with the content, what's all the whining about?
Plus it's not like the (scarce and diluted) availability through AMAN denies you the chance to still hunt that specific item through "normal" means.

The only debateable content here is probably Shinryu. It's not exactely new, but it's not as old as the others either. It's kind on a tricky threshold in between those values.
Then again I don't see the big deal, hardly anybody was bothering with Shinryu at all and, again, if you want to keep farming Shinryu nobody is denying you such a chance?

Dyna Shards/Voids, as much as I hate they added them to AMAN because of the extreme dilution of the pool they provide, it's probably a smart move especially for the smallest servers.
Dyna_D is more than 3 years old, god forbid adding more sources of shards/voids for everyone on the server?

It seems to me the real problem here is not adding new sources for certain items.
People cry "omg but then you won't be encouraged to do the content!"
But it seems to me the real issue here is more like "Omg someone is gonna obtain that super-hard-to-obtain item, that I had to spend weeks of sweat to get, with just 20m gil! He won't suffer like me! That's unacceptable!" or even "Omg these *** plebs who dare obtain those super rare items who only super cool players like me deserve to show on the server. UNACCEPTABLE!"

Sorry to be pointing my finger at the elephant in the room, eh.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-13 10:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
This is pretty ridiculous.
Every MMO progressively eases the means to obtain certain items once the content they come from gets old enough.
They do it through different means, but the result is the same.
FFXI is no different so I'm not really sure how people can be surprised.

All of the BCs they added to the AMAN trove are pretty old. If you aren't done with the content, what's all the whining about?
Plus it's not like the (scarce and diluted) availability through AMAN denies you the chance to still hunt that specific item through "normal" means.

The only debateable content here is probably Shinryu. It's not exactely new, but it's not as old as the others either. It's kind on a tricky threshold in between those values.
Then again I don't see the big deal, hardly anybody was bothering with Shinryu at all and, again, if you want to keep farming Shinryu nobody is denying you such a chance?

Dyna Shards/Voids, as much as I hate they added them to AMAN because of the extreme dilution of the pool they provide, it's probably a smart move especially for the smallest servers.
Dyna_D is more than 3 years old, god forbid adding more sources of shards/voids for everyone on the server?

It seems to me the real problem here is not adding new sources for certain items.
People cry "omg but then you won't be encouraged to do the content!"
But it seems to me the real issue here is more like "Omg someone is gonna obtain that super-hard-to-obtain item, that I had to spend weeks of sweat to get, with just 20m gil! He won't suffer like me! That's unacceptable!" or even "Omg these *** plebs who dare obtain those super rare items who only super cool players like me deserve to show on the server. UNACCEPTABLE!"

Sorry to be pointing my finger at the elephant in the room, eh.

Agree with everything, but there were more egalitarian methods to ease Shinryu- first and foremost returning it to a 10 merit BC cost. Until they do that, any other easing method is going to be shouted at furiously, and I can't blame people.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-13 10:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said before, Shinryu is the only content in a threshold between "old" and "new", I can partially understand the whining about that, but we know how SE operates of late.
Either they fix stuff shortly after release, or it's gonna remain like that forever.
And that alas is the fate of Shinryu BC I'm afraid.

If we want to go to the root of the issue, for Crepuscolar Cloak at least, the issue there is not just the incredibly low and frustrating drop rate of the BC, but rather the fact that they keep on keeping an important spell bound to an equipment piece.
An exception that's frankly hardly reasonable in this day and age, if you ask me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-13 10:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
As I said before, Shinryu is the only content in a threshold between "old" and "new", I can partially understand the whining about that, but we know how SE operates of late.
Either they fix stuff shortly after release, or it's gonna remain like that forever.
And that alas is the fate of Shinryu BC I'm afraid.

If we want to go to the root of the issue, for Crepuscolar Cloak at least, the issue there is not just the incredibly low and frustrating drop rate of the BC, but rather the fact that they keep on keeping an important spell bound to an equipment piece.
An exception that's frankly hardly reasonable in this day and age, if you ask me.

Oh again- I did completely agree with everything you said, in particular your reasons for why Shin could be the only "debatable" one- I just wanted to give my thoughts on why I think its still debatable.

The tying of spells to gear is incredibly frustrating when its a drop behind RNG rather than time- for example, if the mage RMEAs had spells attached to them, like Honor March does with Marsyas, I'd have zero complaints.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 275 276 277 ... 427 428 429