Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-05-12 06:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »
So Trove is bugged now?
I've questioned this. Specifically in the case where you get a loud thud immediately on the first chest then open the box. That scenario has never yielded a piece of gear for me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-05-12 06:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm, I still have like 10 venus orbs ish on my mules but I guess i'll wait a few weeks before I try them
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-12 07:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
They're definitely junk though, the loot pool is far too diluted to be good now.

Isn't it possible the pool is just as diluted as it was previously? They removed a ton of escha garbage from the pool I think. They just did a swap of other crap in there. People are just hitting more LTs consistently, as you mentioned, so it's just as likely that the amount of garbage in the pool has neither increased or decreased, but the rate of seeing the highest valuable treasure box has gone up, causing more people to see a higher rate of garbage.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-12 07:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The total number of "bad" items has gone up since all the shards are in there, but if the shards individually have much lower rates, the actual percentage of good vs bad drops might not be all that different from before.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-12 07:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't remove anything from the loud pool, only added ~130 items to it. Diluting it.

They removed noise trash (and by "some" they mean they took two items out)

Zitah drops are still there, Reisen Helm drops are still there.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-12 07:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the clarification on Noise vs LT.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-12 07:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

To be clear, they did not state that, I just know that it's true. Purposely vague.

There is nothing I can think of that they removed from the loud pool.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-12 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought the escha/reisenjima etc trash was possible in all 3 box tiers, and that maybe they moved them from LT T to Noise or something, which is why I said they removed them from the pool (Talking about LT). Because I used to get escha stuff from what I believe was a LT (other stuff was nothing more than normal crafting mats). I could be wrong and they did nothing to LT specifically and was referring to the other boxes.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-12 08:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They didn't remove anything from the loud pool, only added ~130 items to it. Diluting it.
According to my early calculations it was over ~330 items. Or has something more specific been found out meanwhile?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-12 08:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

5 Void pieces
22 jobs
110 items

What else was added to the LT pool? I thought cards/shards were common items in noise category
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-12 09:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They also added Sroda items, Volte items, and Shinryu/Odin/Alexander/Lilith items.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-12 09:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
5 Void pieces
22 jobs
110 items

What else was added to the LT pool? I thought cards/shards were common items in noise category
This is an incomplete list.
There were more drops found later but I stopped bothering to update the list. I think the final count was around ~330

But you're right, this is the total list. Only a part of this number applies to Loud Thud.
110 Void items
20 Volte items
34 HTBF drops
5 Sroda items
5 Omen scales (scales are LT, cards are T like shards, right?)
Not sure on the Lustreless things but I sure do hope they're not part of the LT loot pool.

Not sure if I'm missing anything but with these items alone we're at ~174
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-12 09:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> Guess I need to be clearer.

I'm talking about items that "dilute" the pool, as per the discussion.

They're definitely junk though, the loot pool is far too diluted to be good now.

Asura.Geriond said: »
The total number of "bad" items has gone up since all the shards are in there

Some of those items you both mentioned are the desirable drops in the LT category. I know items were added, talking about the "bad" ones. What items beyond the Void pieces were added that dilute the LOUD THUD pool further and lower your chance of getting the "good" items? I see Lustreless, i forgot about that one. Omen cards is LT, T, or Noise?
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-05-12 09:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What items beyond the Void pieces were added that dilute the LOUD THUD pool further and lower your chance of getting the "good" items?

Keep in mind it's shards + voids, not one or the other.

All the dynamis loot being added was a complete waste and I would hypothesize they did it on purpose to make Sroda / Orpheus / Epam / Omen Bodies / Regal gauntlets more rare to counteract the benefit of receiving "hints".

The old "one step forward, two steps back" strategy for making game adjustments.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-12 09:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What items beyond the Void pieces
How can you go BEYOND the void pieces when they are 110 and them alone probably represent, what, almost 50% of the potential drops? XD

That's an hyperbole probably but take the potential loot pool before the april patch. How many potential drops were in the LT lootpool?
Some (all?) cursed/bewitched/vodoo/jinxed items
5 Omen bodies
18 Pulse weapons (could all drop, or just some?)
~88 reisenjima drops (were ALL reisen items part of the lootpool or just some?)
~126 items from Ru'aun (wondering the same as above)
~86 items from Zi'tah (likewise)

There's also the ~132 drops from "normal" HTBF but I'm not sure if they got added with the April Patch or if they were already there, and I'm not sure if they're bound to T lootpool or if they require LT.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-12 10:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I heard differently. Thought shards were the lower tier, void was the higher tier boxes. Not all dumped into "LT". I could be wrong

Asura.Sechs said: »
How can you go BEYOND the void pieces when they are 110 and them alone probably represent, what, almost 50% of the potential drops? XD

What I am saying is, they did mention they "removed" some items, and "added" other items to Trove. But that's all they told us. It could be that they "Removed" items from one pool distribution and "added" them to another, or they "Removed" it altogether from Trove. The items they "Added" obviously include new drops, but may also include items that were previously higher box quality now a lower box quality. I'm just asking what else do we know other than the 110+ "worthless" "bad" (subjective) Void +3 pieces were added to the LT Pool that diluted it?

I don't consider Sroda items as diluting. Neither Volte nor HTBF. Keep in mind not everyone does Dynamis, so they don't even have access to this gear. Some HTBF drops are an absolute pain to get as well, so that might not be a bad drop either, unless you have everything you need from HTBF (Is there really any "bad" HTBF drops at all? They are all pretty useful). Omen scales are subjective as well, but I would throw those in as "bad" items, simply because they aren't hard to get for anybody, and Trove doesn't allow you to specifically target one card vs another. Other than the void items (and the cards if they are indeed LT), it may not be that much worse of a pool than it previously was.
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-12 10:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What items beyond the Void pieces were added that dilute the LOUD THUD pool further and lower your chance of getting the "good" items?

All the dynamis loot being added was a complete waste and I would hypothesize they did it on purpose to make Sroda / Orpheus / Epam / Omen Bodies / Regal gauntlets more rare to counteract the benefit of receiving "hints".

The old "one step forward, two steps back" strategy for making game adjustments.

Working as intended.

They added mechanics to increase the frequency that players see loud thud so that the event feels more rewarding. If you increase the reward threshold, you have to flood the reward pool to compensate if you still want items in said pool to retain rarity.

It's a matter of preference, but personally I think it works much better the way it is now. You're still going to have to 'win the lottery' to get an amazing piece of gear, but at least you walk away knowing you had a chance at it rather than like you should have just sold your orb.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-12 11:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The void pieces are in loud, and the shards are thuds/noises
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-05-12 11:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »
So Trove is bugged now?
I've questioned this. Specifically in the case where you get a loud thud immediately on the first chest then open the box. That scenario has never yielded a piece of gear for me.

The other day the first chest I opened was a LT and the middle was noise and it gave me Volte Doublet. Just because the scenario never happened, doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Where’s Vaerix for this?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-12 11:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got a lottttt of the ra/ex stuff now that malignance and other HTBF items were added... I think the only things I'm missing are odin sword and shinryu dagger/hat/body, so there's gonna be a lot of "OMG NOTHING DROPPED"
[+]
By IGDC 2022-05-12 14:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the normal ***I get.

Edit: I should say, this was a rainbow chest upon entering and then straight to middle.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-12 15:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Loud pool has 500 things in it of which 450 are trash, so always gonna be that way. (485 are trash but you may think it's valuable)

Putting the voids in there basically doubled the size of the pool. Huge *** move. But none of you will complain so enjoy it.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-12 15:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Most voids were practically worthless previously. What a waste.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-05-12 15:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Loud pool has 500 things in it of which 450 are trash, so always gonna be that way. (485 are trash but you may think it's valuable)

Putting the voids in there basically doubled the size of the pool. Huge *** move. But none of you will complain so enjoy it.

*None of us will waste our time complaining.

fixed that for ya
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-05-12 15:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

About an hour ago I entered with a rainbow on the floor, then middle had a thud, had Volte Mittens. Random drops are random.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Rips 2022-05-12 16:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If your goal is to make gil from AMAN Trove, you'll like AMAN Trove prior to the changes. I went from getting a few omen bodies a month to getting 1. However, that is just one month of data post-patch and my accounts are an anomaly as I have many mules at 99.

Out of the thousands of Mars Orbs I popped, and the hundreds of loud thuds I received, I've only ever received 1 O. Sash while I've received over a dozen Shamash Robes and Ashera Harnesses.

Of course I agree the pool is now diluted for specific reasons, but I won't ***. I'll just make a confident claim that for the purpose of making gil, the old patch was superior.

This month, I'm going all in on Venus Orbs and attempt to hone my skill with the audio noise.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-05-12 17:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
If your goal is to make gil from AMAN Trove, you'll like AMAN Trove prior to the changes. I went from getting a few omen bodies a month to getting 1. However, that is just one month of data post-patch and my accounts are an anomaly as I have many mules at 99.

Out of the thousands of Mars Orbs I popped, and the hundreds of loud thuds I received, I've only ever received 1 O. Sash while I've received over a dozen Shamash Robes and Ashera Harnesses.

Of course I agree the pool is now diluted for specific reasons, but I won't ***. I'll just make a confident claim that for the purpose of making gil, the old patch was superior.

This month, I'm going all in on Venus Orbs and attempt to hone my skill with the audio noise.

I'll agree since it is diluted a lot more that I haven't seen an Omen body actually since it was updated.

That being said, I have sold multiple Malignance, Crepuscular (mail, head, dagger) since. (Also got a random osash last week)

But like you said, money wise, it's lower BUT I will say, now that I have my cloak and dagger from AMAN, I no longer ever have to suffer through running countless Shinryu. So i'm happy overall.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-05-12 17:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In case people didn't notice, Bonanza Rank 3 prizes now include Kupon AW-GFIII - which is for any Escha Zi'tah or Ru'Aun drop, including Ru'Aun AA/Gods/WoC drops. Those are same-account sendable, so you could win a rank 3 on mule and get a Telos Earring or Reiki Yotai (aka Reiki Koshiobi) to send to yourself. Nice little change, even if I wish they had also dropped the AW-UWIII (Unity, includes Tumult Curator drops) and AW-Vgr (Tartarus Platemail) down to rank 3 too.

It's also nice to see that marble sales are occurring during the free login campaign again. So fire up those deactivated mules, grab your marbles, WRITE YOUR BONANZA NUMBERS DOWN, and if you end up a big winner you can reactive them then. I actually did this on one of the previous Bonanzas and won a Rank 2 on an inactive mule. Was well worth the $1 to reactivate and grab an Omen body (same account sendable).

And LOL, WTF is NQ Ebisu Rod still doing in there as a Rank 1 prize?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 274 275 276 ... 432 433 434