users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 239 240 241 ... 428 429 430
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-04 12:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
Anywho, the concept of "A firewall preventing item dupes in a video game" is a clear demonstration of "I know the words but I have literally no idea wtf I am talking about"
Lol, I don't know what I'm talking about? Sorry kiddo but I'm making five figures annually as a network engineer. I also drive a 2017 Civic with a 10 inch spoiler and 16 inch metal rims. It's almost entirely paid off as well. Jealous much?
[+]
 Asura.Littlelovin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Monko
By Asura.Littlelovin 2022-01-04 12:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pve
Server: Sylph
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2022-01-04 12:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cpu said: »
Anywho, the concept of "A firewall preventing item dupes in a video game" is a clear demonstration of "I know the words but I have literally no idea wtf I am talking about"
Lol, I don't know what I'm talking about? Sorry kiddo but I'm making five figures annually as a network engineer. I also drive a 2017 Civic with a 10 inch spoiler and 16 inch metal rims. It's almost entirely paid off as well. Jealous much?

lmao, you must be bad at your job if you can't explain details as well as soralin does. The OSI model is like 101 networking/cybersecurity stuff you learn in your first year of college.

Nope, just respond with the classic "check out my car since my confidence has been shot" move. Who does that? 25-year-olds maybe.

Go learn more cybersecurity topics and move up your career into a six-figure and maybe buy a flashier car to compensate yourself some more, but then you would need to learn how firewalls work which is just adding more stress to yourself trying to explain to bosses how you missed an incident report as a junior analyst, so maybe not.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-04 12:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pve said: »

lmao, you must be bad at your job if you can't explain details as well as soralin does. The OSI model is like 101 networking/cybersecurity stuff you learn in your first year of college.

Nope, just respond with the classic "check out my car since my confidence has been shot" move. Who does that? 25-year-olds maybe.

Go learn more cybersecurity topics and move up your career into a six-figure and maybe buy a flashier car to compensate yourself some more, but then you would need to learn how firewalls work which is just adding more stress to yourself trying to explain to bosses how you missed an incident report as a junior analyst, so maybe not.
Don't really feel like I need to explain myself when I'm sitting on a checking account with nearly $3600 in it and holding over 1000 dogecoins. Come check back with me once you're flush as well.
 Sylph.Pve
Server: Sylph
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2022-01-04 12:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't really feel like I need to explain myself when I'm sitting on a checking account with nearly $3600 in it and holding over 1000 dogecoins. Come check back with me once you're flush as well.

Cars and now cryptocurrency, definitely a 25-year-old. Moving along folks from this train wreck. Obvious trolling.

[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-04 12:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cars and now cryptocurrency, definitely a 25-year-old. Moving along folks from this train wreck.
Yeah and a 3rd floor apartment with nearly 8 foot tall ceilings while you're posting from your mom's basement.
By soralin 2022-01-04 12:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao ok I’m actually in the computer science division of Harvard University but sure, you fooled a couple of people on an internet game forum with your egregious lies.

This has gotta be confirmed trolling at this point then. Lol at the "five figures" line though, I too love to go around announcing I make minimum wage ;P
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-04 12:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol at the "five figures" line though, I too love to go around announcing I make minimum wage ;P
Minimum wage? Lmao. Try doubling that and adding 3.
By soralin 2022-01-04 12:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not five figures friend, math is hard.

Edit: I guess depends where you live. In some third world places, like the United States, you could double min wage and add three and still be under 6 figures.

Not something to peacock about though, sort of depressing really.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-04 12:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not five figures friend, math is hard.
Now who looks dumb while I'm sitting here pulling in almost 30 grand annually.
By soralin 2022-01-04 12:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Add "getting very ripped off by your employers and has no idea what the job is worth" then to the list under "works for harvard" and "network engineer"
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-04 12:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Add "getting very ripped off by your employers and has no idea what the job is worth" then to the list under "works for harvard" and "network engineer"

Still feel like arguing with me?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 12:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just block him, he's been trolling for a few pages now.
[+]
 Asura.Littlelovin
By Asura.Littlelovin 2022-01-04 12:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

McDonalds workers make 30k a year. So, adds up.
[+]
By soralin 2022-01-04 12:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news:

Quote:
  • Change maximum stack number of certain items

I'm always excited for this one! Wonder if it will be more handy things that will give some more Inventory+1~2

Its the little QOL stuff like that I always enjoy, to be honest.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-01-04 12:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Harvard network engineer making only 5 figures? Christ, not only are you a joke account, your employers think you must be a joke too paying you like dog ***.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-04 12:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

...how I thought seeing legitimate v20 talk for half a page before we ended up back engaging with the troll.

I don't see no bridges, so ignore the troll.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-01-04 12:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
...how I thought seeing legitimate v20 talk for half a page before we ended up back engaging with the troll.

My bad, I had the page open and ready to post like 20 minutes ago then I was sidetracked.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Littlelovin
By Asura.Littlelovin 2022-01-04 14:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-01-04 18:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cars and now cryptocurrency, definitely a 25-year-old. Moving along folks from this train wreck.
Yeah and a 3rd floor apartment with nearly 8 foot tall ceilings while you're posting from your mom's basement.

funniest part of this is the idea that a 24 year old would somehow find themselves playing final fantasy 11
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Tathamet 2022-01-05 10:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[regarding Dynamis-Divergence]
・Add new method for obtaining key items for characters that already fulfill upgrade requirements

wut?
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-01-05 10:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tathamet said: »
Quote:
[regarding Dynamis-Divergence]
・Add new method for obtaining key items for characters that already fulfill upgrade requirements

wut?

If you have all the clears, you get the JSE KI when you enter any Dynamis zones - eg "Peerless Red Mage's Shard". They will probably make Aurix be able to give you the KI outside of Dynamis.
By Matic 2022-01-05 13:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, just based on the reactions extracted in the last page alone, this would have probably been the best trolling attempt I've seen since the legendary 'Why I play WAR/WHM" thread from alla circa 2005*.

A shame that it started out serious though, that's a lot of points off. Like,all of them.

*Which tbh isn't saying much about the quality of forum trolls over the last ~17 years, but you play the hand you're dealt.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2022-01-05 15:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Still feel like arguing with me?

I don't know what's more embarrassing: the fact that you think IQ actually means anything, or the fact that you use results from an online-***-IQ test to prove you're smart

(I know he's *** with us, but I want to feed the troll because it's funny)
By AegParm 2022-01-05 16:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot believe how many people are falling for what are clearly posts trying to get a rise out of you. They are wildly successful, I can understand why he doesn't stop.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-01-05 16:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

AegParm said: »
I cannot believe how many people are falling for what are clearly posts trying to get a rise out of you. They are wildly successful, I can understand why he doesn't stop.

Pretty sure most know they are a troll but are feeding because.... lets face it most of that ***is hilarious.... but not because its actually funny.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-05 19:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Matic said: »
honestly, just based on the reactions extracted in the last page alone, this would have probably been the best trolling attempt I've seen since the legendary 'Why I play WAR/WHM" thread from alla circa 2005*.

A shame that it started out serious though, that's a lot of points off. Like,all of them.
I always think it's hilarious when a newb with a 2009 forum join date tries to talk ***to a true OG.
First Page 2 3 ... 239 240 241 ... 428 429 430