2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 233 234 235 ... 433 434 435
By Guyford 2021-12-24 18:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
5:1 is barely a worse ratio than what you get for actually killing a V15 with a non-boosted amplifier. If they did something like that, I can't see it being anywhere near that good.

What?
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2021-12-24 19:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Everyone who wanted to rush odyssey gear is already done, so just turn off all the restrictions and make it easy mode so the rest of us who have never cared about the gear augments actually do it and can make the early grinders mad at all the babies who didn't do it when it was hard

Get rid of segments and boss phones, let normal phones stack to 4, make rp booster a permanent effect, remove only use a job once restriction, add back in subjobs, make it 18 player content but leave the bosses the same difficulty. Easy mode has been turned on and we can all move on with our lives

...not really. Our group still farms because it's the only thing we really care to do at this point. I mean I can't speak for the rest of the group I'm in but, Odyssey and crafting are the only things I do on the game anymore.

Reality is, they're likely going to add another layer and for those who never got into the content are gonna be left further behind.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-24 19:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
5:1 is barely a worse ratio than what you get for actually killing a V15 with a non-boosted amplifier. If they did something like that, I can't see it being anywhere near that good.

What?
A V15 kill with a non-boosted amplifier costs 4500 segments and gives 1176 RP, for a 3.83:1 segment to RP ratio. I don't see SE being anywhere close as generous as giving a 5:1 ratio just by paying straight segments with no fight at all.
By Guyford 2021-12-24 19:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Except the actual ratio is around 2.5:1 if you're doing 3 fights, either 1 amped amp win and 2 lesser wins with no amp, or 1 amped amp win and 2 amped 'losses'.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-24 19:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I just said non-boosted. Quite a few groups don't do three-NM cycles, either because they don't have the jobs or time to do 2 more, don't know it exists, or find it too annoying.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-24 19:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see it being anywhere near that good.

They've already made boosted amp LOSSES a ridiculous value for the time invested, which doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't put anything past SE at this point.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-12-24 20:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Doing well in Odyssea requires teamwork and a static group of folks to rotate through various jobs / configurations.

*Confused /yell group noises*
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-12-24 20:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They are just going to let you have a Third KI for Segment farming...
By Vaerix 2021-12-24 20:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Excalin said: »
They are just going to let you have a Third KI for Segment farming...

AND MAYBE make Mog phone II cost 2900/per cause you know SE is the generous type.
[+]
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-12-24 21:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark matter augs on Ody gear.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-12-24 22:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They should make V0 fights cost no moglophones. This would allow for people to help those needing the clears a lot easier without feeling like you’re wasting segments.

I have V15 T4 access*.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-24 22:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree.

There should have just been an option to forgo obtaining RP if you don't have a Moglophone II in your possession, similar to how you don't get a Quest completion reward for Unity fights if you don't have the quest set at the time the NM is popped. You could save segments just getting all of your clears out of the way, and then choose to use segments when you feel like RPing later on.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-12-24 23:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping to finally be able to hold multiple KI
By SimonSes 2021-12-25 02:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing well in Odyssea requires teamwork and a static group of folks to rotate through various jobs / configurations

Not really. Beside first V15 kill, when you farm you only need to make 5% damage. Your group killing 2 V15 NMs and damaging 3rd to 50% or something, will barely do more segments than group doing 5% damage on all 3, which requires pretty much no effort at all. Doing what your group is doing is mostly for satisfaction. The gain in farming is minimal (maybe 15%).
By Felgarr 2021-12-25 03:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Doing well in Odyssea requires teamwork and a static group of folks to rotate through various jobs / configurations

Not really. Beside first V15 kill, when you farm you only need to make 5% damage. Your group killing 2 V15 NMs and damaging 3rd to 50% or something, will barely do more segments than group doing 5% damage on all 3, which requires pretty much no effort at all. Doing what your group is doing is mostly for satisfaction. The gain in farming is minimal (maybe 15%).

What about job combinations? (Yes, you either have it or you don't). But, someone with only 3 jobs has 1 choice per Gaol NM. Someone with 9 jobs geared has 3 choices per Gaol NM, etc etc. Finding that person with 9 coherent jobs to deal even 5% while the rest the of the party wait or kites the mob, all sounds like a source of frustration that you're maybe not weighing appropriately.
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-12-25 05:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

What about job combinations? (Yes, you either have it or you don't). But, someone with only 3 jobs has 1 choice per Gaol NM. Someone with 9 jobs geared has 3 choices per Gaol NM, etc etc. Finding that person with 9 coherent jobs to deal even 5% while the rest the of the party wait or kites the mob, all sounds like a source of frustration that you're maybe not weighing appropriately.
I've actually easily soloed v15s to 94% using trusts which is another good thing that basically lets you spend a charged amplifier on a different mob you care to finish sooner, or even do it at your own pace after the initial unlocks.
Similarly, 2 or 3 people with a few real jobs could still do a 3 fight charge since you don't use as many jobs or trusts per fight.
And a party of 6 only needs 3-4 actual jobs per fight, the 5th and 6th could be level 1 probably and sitting in a corner (and only takes a few hours to get a job to 99 these days anyways, although yeah to get them to be really useful is a different story).
By Vaerix 2021-12-25 07:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Time savings is a thing too... Doing 3 full 15 min fights vs a few 7 min fights adds up over time. Waiting out 15 every single fight seems like it would just suck.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-25 08:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You cannot be level 1 sitting in a corner, you're required to have the job at level 99.
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2021-12-25 08:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You can pick sub lv99 jobs for NMs, you just need 3 99s to enter.
By SimonSes 2021-12-25 09:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't said there is no requirements at all. I have said that being pro and having jobs geared to properly try to do 3 fights doesn't give much edge over having minimum to make 3*5% damage fight. You can even do it solo.

Vaerix said: »
Time savings is a thing too... Doing 3 full 15 min fights vs a few 7 min fights adds up over time. Waiting out 15 every single fight seems like it would just suck.

I would say it's mostly time save on farming segments, because doing just 5% damage fights, you can simply fight for a minute and afk the rest doing something productive or entertaining in RL or on PC. Trying to win 3 fights usually takes less time if you have really good group, but you need to be focused whole time.
By SimonSes 2021-12-25 11:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone in Odyssey thread asked about Moogle Mastery. I would laugh if upcoming update will be connected with it. Like MM lv15 to hold 2 KI. Lv 30 to hold 3 and lvl45 to hold 4 :)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-25 11:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give you one better than that: RP gain now tied to moogle mastery, except it doesn't give more than we get now, it'll just give as much as we get now at capped mastery and less otherwise.

(:
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-12-25 11:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice one, but I don't believe SE would nerf anything outside of fixing exploits or RMT related stuff.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-25 12:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

We are currently killing two V15's Tier 3's per run and getting the third down to 60~65% using some very creative party setups. The group gets more TP the lower the monsters HP and you need to be in there for 15 minutes anyway, so might as well get the most out of it.

Or they can die and AFK in a corner cause they suck.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-25 12:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone in Odyssey thread asked about Moogle Mastery. I would laugh if upcoming update will be connected with it. Like MM lv15 to hold 2 KI. Lv 30 to hold 3 and lvl45 to hold 4 :)

The update needs to be a new challenge where you beat 3 V15s in one run to unlock Moogle Mastery globally. I have not been in a group that has done that yet, so it would be quite the challenge working that out.
By Guyford 2021-12-25 13:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how we did the vast majority of our runs. Amping a T3/4 then killing 2 T1/2s without amps.
By SimonSes 2021-12-25 17:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
That's how we did the vast majority of our runs. Amping a T3/4 then killing 2 T1/2s without amps.

He probably meant 3*V15 tier atonement 3/4, because just 3*V15 is really easy.
By SimonSes 2021-12-25 17:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Or they can die and AFK in a corner cause they suck.

It's one thing to be proud of your accomplishments, but trashing people who are worse or less ambitious is just pure elitist ***.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-12-25 21:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like whatever they change is going to be a give/take. I also think it should be taken in context of what is coming in updates in the near future (empy+3, ambu+3, bonanza weapons).

My hope is that they lower the bar for entry but increase the difficulty. What this would look like is easier availability of segments or phone Is, but a higher damage bar to obtain RP. That would allow more attempts, varied party structure, and so on, but without the high consequences of failure. I think a lot of folks that are in steady statics don't appreciate how difficult it is for players not in a regular group to obtain segments especially if you only have certain jobs geared.

The 5% thing always felt like a bug to me, though. It's very not-SE-like and unlike FFXI to reward failure so highly especially when the RP is applied to some of the most powerful armor pieces in the game. I'd be shocked if they keep that going. It seems more reasonable to me to start rewarding RP later (or to scale more) or tie the 5% thing to just charged runs.

If they really wanted to torture people, they'd give Bumba and other mobs increased resistance to the same WS/skill/spell as the fight goes on.

All that said, with new armor and gear on the horizon, it's possible they are just going to lower the bar altogether to emphasize participation now before the new stuff, which may replace Odyssey gear, becomes available.

Draylo said: »
Hoping to finally be able to hold multiple KI

I feel like this will end up leading to seg farm mercs, something they are aware of and are not likely to do.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-12-25 23:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I feel like this will end up leading to seg farm mercs, something they are aware of and are not likely to do.

I don't see the problem with that as long as it isn't RMT (Don't think RMT could pull off a decent segment run anyway)
First Page 2 3 ... 233 234 235 ... 433 434 435