Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 232 233 234 ... 428 429 430
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-24 08:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Weren't the augments made so the largest part of the stats came from the first levels and only bits from the latter?
Or am I thinking about something else?

Edit:
Bunzi Head R30 is +10 acc, +10 att and +3 STP over R20.
Gleti's dagger R30 is +10 acc, +10 att and +4 base damage.

I mean it's undoubtely good don't get me wrong, but if this is the scale of additional augs you get from R20 to R30 it certainly won't "break" a lot? Especially because +5 levels for those NMs will make some of them quite challenging to say the least (but we have ML20 to handle that, I suppose).
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2021-12-24 08:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The fixation with the higher seg return Sheol C making A & B redundant is really short-sighted.

A & B are better options for soloists and casual groups as they allow for a much more relaxed way to gain segs, xp/cp, gil, etc.

Our group has been doing B as standard for our farm runs and even with our irregular schedule of gaol bosses has yielded us with more than 3 fully completed sets to date.

The upside of B is we can show up on any jobs we feel like and still come out with a solid amount of everything, every time.

Obviously we do v15's in triple boosted sets, but we've never really struggled to keep up with the seg requirements. Maybe if they start pushing up to R25 on all items we'll feel pressure to increase the rate, but to date... no need.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-24 08:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How much do you get on average in Sheol B, Inx?
Because in Sheol C with a PUG group it's really hard to get less than 5k Segments, and that's with a very bad run and/or bad group.

I mean you could wipe on first pull and get zero segs, but I'm obviously not talking about THAT bad.

If you ask me I would be very happy if SE made changes to make Sheol A and B a little bit more relevant than they are today, I suggested it last page. They don't have to be as good as C, but clearly they have to make the gap smaller though.

Can't blame it on people being "fixated" on Sheol C efficiency. They are fixated because SE chose the lazy way in an attempt to create an artificial slowdown through progress that ended up being a bit too steep.
In Gaol:
You can't help friends without spending your own segments
You can't try strategies/attempts as much as you want (like Ambuscade) because the KI is consumed on entry.
You need segments to enter and for the Amplifier.
Basically you need a shitton of Segments, for a Content that you can do no more than once per day with no storeable KIs.

Can you blame people if they are less willing to help or to try things and more "fixated" on efficiency? I think it's a natural consequence of the choices SE made to "balance" this content.
You would see more shouts and more people willing to give it a try if you didn't have so much to lose from a single attempt, imho.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-24 08:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, this is what people do. If you get ONE segment more in C then they're only ever going to do C. Always. That's just how it is.

It's just how your brain works. If they change A or B in any way that makes them even 1 seg better than C then NO ONE will ever do C again. It's an objective set in futility.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2021-12-24 09:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I don't pay too much attention anymore. Probably around 4k ish? It fluctuates a lot based on whether we do fetters or not, which in turn depends on what the mobs are.

Not making any claims for efficiency, its more about comfort and flexibility. Also especially when the cp campaign is active its a very tempting way to earn a boatload of JP without having to bother with an organized farm.

To me, the lesser sheols present an opportunity to get other jobs in the mix, with the long-term benefit of making those secondary jobs more useful for Gaol bosses.

The key thing for me though, is that frankly unless you are doing v15 A3+ Gaol bosses regularly, you are going to grind augment ranks so slowly why would you even care about having more segs than required to simply get the kill and unlock gears for purchase?

The disparity in opportunity between unlocking and max ranking gear is I suspect the problem most players are facing. Not their ability to earn segments.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-24 09:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They could be adding new sets to Gaol. I thought they'd get rid of that rare tag on nyame but wishful thinking. Didn't see any Odyssey updates coming, so I guess I'm glad I'm sitting in 400k segments for whatever new grind comes out.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-24 09:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Look, this is what people do. If you get ONE segment more in C then they're only ever going to do C. Always. That's just how it is.
Some people will do, absolutely.
But a lot of other people would be more willing to test things out (both in Gaol and in Sheol A/B) in a more relaxed environment with different less optimal jobs (if anything just for the sake of variation) if the gap wasn't so big and if the need for segments wasn't so intense.

I can easily count myself in the second group and I know for sure a large number of other players would too.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-12-24 10:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone link the R30 datamined stats? I was trying to find that post again recently and came up short.
By SimonSes 2021-12-24 10:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Weren't the augments made so the largest part of the stats came from the first levels and only bits from the latter?
Or am I thinking about something else?

Edit:
Bunzi Head R30 is +10 acc, +10 att and +3 STP over R20.
Gleti's dagger R30 is +10 acc, +10 att and +4 base damage.

I mean it's undoubtely good don't get me wrong, but if this is the scale of additional augs you get from R20 to R30 it certainly won't "break" a lot? Especially because +5 levels for those NMs will make some of them quite challenging to say the least (but we have ML20 to handle that, I suppose).

I guess it would be mostly Nyame that would be ridiculous. I think Nyame B goes to 10% WSD on most pieces at R30? Even more on body? Which basically makes all 10% WSD relic and AF pieces useless. Nyame A at rank 30 is some ridiculous tp set with 70 acc on every piece and also pushes magic accuracy to some crazy levels too (+70 on every piece I think?). Nyame C hands,legs,body at R30 would add like (I'm guessing because I can't find actual R30 path C numbers) 60% to NIN nukes? It would make choosing path even more hardcore, because each path would be game breaking for many jobs.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-12-24 10:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

But then when you get that done, Empy will come along like WSD +573984573749857347573984759739758978934 as the weakest piece
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-12-24 11:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Can someone link the R30 datamined stats? I was trying to find that post again recently and came up short.
https://gist.github.com/Chiaia/e43e539bff62bdd9620dcb5360dd5fbc
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-12-24 11:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
But then when you get that done, Empy will come along like WSD +573984573749857347573984759739758978934 as the weakest piece

I doubt that. It will probably be 10% on one piece too. I think Empy will be more about op ja augments like Impetus on Bhikku body.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-12-24 12:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think we would get r30 right away. If this update is going to increase odyssey augs, my guess is that it would unlock V20 fights which would in turn unlock r25 augs, and we'd see v25 fights and r30 augs at some later date.

Also, the amp bonus from doing 3 v20 fights would be higher than from 3 v15 fights, making things go a little faster.
 Sylph.Pve
Server: Sylph
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2021-12-24 13:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a fan of the "R25~R30 increase" theory because it wouldn't be fair to us players having to second guess our augment paths now that the augment rank can go higher.

This is a typical SE behavior pattern in the past when it comes to rolling out content, unfortunately.

The canteen stored KI for moglophone seems more sensible and is following precedent with how SE rolled out Omen, first they released Omen with 1 KI every 20 hours, then it was 2 canteens, finally adding 3rd canteen.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Omen
Players may only possess one Key Item Mystical canteen at a time.
Players may receive one Mystical canteen every 20 hours (Earth time).
The March 2017 update allowed Incantrix to store up to two charges for redeeming for a Key Item Mystical canteen in a similar fashion to Key Item Imperial Army I.D. tags or Key Item Imprimaturs
As of the October 2017 update, Incantrix will now store up to three charges for redeeming for a Key Item Mystical canteen.
By Guyford 2021-12-24 13:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Were r30 nyame augs in the dat mine? All I can find posted were the r20s with the march update, but that could be because people had already figured out that the other augs stopped at r20.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-24 13:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone who wanted to rush odyssey gear is already done, so just turn off all the restrictions and make it easy mode so the rest of us who have never cared about the gear augments actually do it and can make the early grinders mad at all the babies who didn't do it when it was hard

Get rid of segments and boss phones, let normal phones stack to 4, make rp booster a permanent effect, remove only use a job once restriction, add back in subjobs, make it 18 player content but leave the bosses the same difficulty. Easy mode has been turned on and we can all move on with our lives
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-12-24 14:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My money is on either making Nyame EX only to add some extra grind for endgame players(expect this to happen eventually regardless because people will absolutely do it), or nerfing it significantly in some way.

I don't think they're going to drop R30 augments out of nowhere, but we'll see.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-24 14:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Raising the rank feels inevitable, removing the rare tag feels impossible. Kinda defeats the whole point.

Which is exactly why they'll do it. Now you can get a set of Nyami with the same augs by killing the new skinned dragon Bumbe
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-24 14:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty much what I figured they might do. The picture is of Bumba, so unless they are adding Tier4 weapons from Bumba exclusively, they might just be adding more options to grind out Nyame sets. Though, I think I would welcome different gear/weapons even if Nyame was completely off the table.

An updated fight sequence might be possible; I would love an alliance-styled fight with any 3 bosses at once, with exclusive rewards for the challege. Probably not, because that would mean finding 18 people all on different jobs, but they have done weird things in Odyssey before so anything is possible.
By Vaerix 2021-12-24 15:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

With an alliance you could do 11x jobs with naegling, nin thf cor rng with tp bonus lol. Run and pld would be tanking more than likely or they could Savage spam too. Gonna be a pita for the brd actively jumping between parties at the start to get songs right, but the cor could be doing it with rolls too if they can luck into an 11, and then Savage blade your alliance to victory!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-24 15:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Were r30 nyame augs in the dat mine?
Not that I know of, sadly
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-24 15:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
11x jobs with naegling

lol. in a perfect world, implement a repeat WS nerf, so things like Inundation actually matter. I actually don't want to see 11 Savage Blades going off, and would prefer Denouement trigger after the second SB xD

Gonna be a pita for the brd actively jumping between parties at the start to get songs right, but the cor could be doing it with rolls too if they can luck into an 11, and then Savage blade your alliance to victory!

I was actually thinking they go the Voidwatch route, where you fill the group with all jobs (or as many as possible) and you proc them with abilities/conditions (crits, mb, skillchain etc), and that weakens the monster significantly. Rather than rely on pure buffs, make a challenging event that relies on efficient teamwork rather than brute force.

OH, it will never happen, but the thought of them updating Odyssey makes me think they could extend the fights to something bigger.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-24 16:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, that's what they're doing. They've monitored the fight conditions and are fixing bumba now. Hope you got your cheese fill before they "fix" it in two weeks.
By Vaerix 2021-12-24 16:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
11x jobs with naegling

lol. in a perfect world, implement a repeat WS nerf, so things like Inundation actually matter. I actually don't want to see 11 Savage Blades going off, and would prefer Denouement trigger after the second SB xD

This would be hilarious tbh, because then the amount of nerfs to create a challenging encounter will have almost reached critical mass.

1. GEO debuffs -75%
2. Repeat Blood Pact within 30s reduced effectiveness.
3. No sub jobs.
4. No prebuff
5. No repeat jobs

No repeat ws would change a lot of the fights (because why do for 1 when they'd do it for all), not even just Savage blade, Fudo, Rudras, empyreal arrow (for those savages who did low/no buff Arebati (you're the true heroes of Vanadiel))

But I digress, I think that type of nerf would be hilarious.

Player Base: Y u no let me Savage Blade all n e moar?!?
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-12-24 17:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lesser geared players do lower tier ambuscades.

Lesser geared players don't do Ody at all really, they need to encourage more play there.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-24 17:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Everyone who wanted to rush odyssey gear is already done, so just turn off all the restrictions and make it easy mode so the rest of us who have never cared about the gear augments actually do it and can make the early grinders mad at all the babies who didn't do it when it was hard

Get rid of segments and boss phones, let normal phones stack to 4, make rp booster a permanent effect, remove only use a job once restriction, add back in subjobs, make it 18 player content but leave the bosses the same difficulty. Easy mode has been turned on and we can all move on with our lives

Bro, did you even do CoP before it was nerfed into the ground? You're obviously not a Real Gamer. XD

(I love this suggestion though)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-24 18:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »
Lesser geared players do lower tier ambuscades.

Lesser geared players don't do Ody at all really, they need to encourage more play there.

Even a lot of mid tier players don't bother with Odyssey augmenting tbh. I can't even count how many people I know in game around town in sakpata with zero augments in it. Maybe the Odyssey adjustments are eased requirements for people struggling with clears/RP. I think they could stand to do something else with segments for those without any possible chance of augmenting gear. Just allow a modest conversion rate (like 5:1 segments: RP) so those who can only amass segments and not RP can still just make progress towards gear without having to do bosses. Just an alternative route similar to using heroism to augment necks in dynamis
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-24 18:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We've since switched to farming B because the drops are worth far more then the drops from C and it still provides us with enough segs to cover our bi-weekly triple NM runs.

Doing well in Odyssea requires teamwork and a static group of folks to rotate through various jobs / configurations.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-24 18:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

5:1 is barely a worse ratio than what you get for actually killing a V15 with a non-boosted amplifier. If they did something like that, I can't see it being anywhere near that good.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-24 18:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
11x jobs with naegling

This would be hilarious tbh, because then the amount of nerfs to create a challenging encounter will have almost reached critical mass.

1. GEO debuffs -75%
2. Repeat Blood Pact within 30s reduced effectiveness.
3. No sub jobs.
4. No prebuff
5. No repeat jobs

No repeat ws would change a lot of the fights (because why do for 1 when they'd do it for all), not even just Savage blade, Fudo, Rudras, empyreal arrow (for those savages who did low/no buff Arebati (you're the true heroes of Vanadiel))

But I digress, I think that type of nerf would be hilarious.

Player Base: Y u no let me Savage Blade all n e moar?!?

We could just as easily do Black Halo spam, or a variety of other WS's with similar properties.

The only reasons folks use Savage Blade is because it's the widest available and easiest to fit as both COR and BRD have access to it. Bumba requires you don't do any skill chains, so everyone needs to pick WS's that won't SC with each other.

That is the core issue that drives SB spam solutions.
First Page 2 3 ... 232 233 234 ... 428 429 430