Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 409 410 411
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-09 18:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s ok to take a break from the game and not run Odyssey for a couple days ya know. If you don’t log in for half a week the content will still be there waiting for you. Nobody is forcing you to rush through this except yourself.

I’ve been chipping away at it for the past month and a half and I’ve cleared all my t1s and t2s on veng 15, beaten two of the t3s on veng 15, and ranked one of my pieces to 10. And I did most of it through pickup shouts with a little added coordination from some linkshell members here and there. It’s just a matter of persistence.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2021-05-09 19:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Time gating only exists to extend the life of the content. Not to encourage people to do it slavishly every single day.

Not true. Its both to force as many as possible to get on every single day, as daily numbers are used to generate revenue from shareholders etc, as well as extend life of content.

Daily logins to MMOs are what they try for. They dont care how long you login for, just that you do it daily.

And this is based on the SOP of how many subscription based MMO's currently running? Particularly those that have been operating for close to 2 decades.

Sorry, but I don't find your argument supportable given the relatively unusual case that is FFXI.

This is a legacy product run on a shoestring. They likely spend more running an instance in FFXIV than they do on this game!

Daily logins are important when you have a huge userbase, because it gives advance warning of when interest is flagging and income is likely to dip. Its just not that applicable to a game like this in its twilight years, where producing *any* new content of substance is a major undertaking due to scant resources.

In a situation like that any piece of content needs to be budgeted in terms of life-span, hence the staggered roll-outs of every addition over the past few years.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-09 19:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
It’s ok to take a break from the game and not run Odyssey for a couple days ya know. If you don’t log in for half a week the content will still be there waiting for you. Nobody is forcing you to rush through this except yourself.

I’ve been chipping away at it for the past month and a half and I’ve cleared all my t1s and t2s on veng 15, beaten two of the t3s on veng 15, and ranked one of my pieces to 10. And I did most of it through pickup shouts with a little added coordination from some linkshell members here and there. It’s just a matter of persistence.

quite true. And the fact that many of the non-Nyame pieces have amazing value un-augmented reinforces this belief, that one isn't "forced" to grind away. The base pieces are extremely solid, and unlocking the ability to V15 Bumba is great as those augments really do make those pieces amazing vs just solid -DT options, but grinding away at specific Atonement 1-3 pieces isn't a necessity the way that playing the Reisenjima augment game was.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-05-09 22:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So is it "you dont have to run odyssey daily" or "design content sucks because I cant take advantage of mog amplifier"?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-09 23:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Time gating only exists to extend the life of the content. Not to encourage people to do it slavishly every single day.

Not true. Its both to force as many as possible to get on every single day, as daily numbers are used to generate revenue from shareholders etc, as well as extend life of content.

Daily logins to MMOs are what they try for. They dont care how long you login for, just that you do it daily.

And this is based on the SOP of how many subscription based MMO's currently running? Particularly those that have been operating for close to 2 decades.

Sorry, but I don't find your argument supportable given the relatively unusual case that is FFXI.

This is a legacy product run on a shoestring. They likely spend more running an instance in FFXIV than they do on this game!

Daily logins are important when you have a huge userbase, because it gives advance warning of when interest is flagging and income is likely to dip. Its just not that applicable to a game like this in its twilight years, where producing *any* new content of substance is a major undertaking due to scant resources.

In a situation like that any piece of content needs to be budgeted in terms of life-span, hence the staggered roll-outs of every addition over the past few years.

Except its clear their priorities have shifted with FFXI from letting it die out to actively developing for the game again. FFXI brings in enough money on its own to warrant development resources again, especially post covid. So yes, the daily logins are still important.
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-05-10 07:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw this on another forum from a developer, I think it's worth posting since it's pretty universal.

Quote:
When I first started at Paradox, the direct line between community and developers was a major plus for me, because I liked the idea of talking to the community without having to run every post past three different marketing departments first. However, this kind of direct community access comes at a heavy cost for us. As many of you have noticed, we have gotten a little sparse in these forums in the last few months, or even years. The reason for this is that often we do face a debate culture that is not enjoyable to take part in, where it is taken as a given that the devs are either lazy or incompetent and where everything we do is viewed through that lens. Not only is it incredibly demoralizing to spend months of your life creating something, only to see the people you made it for tear it to shreds, it is also a debate that gives no one anything. We aren’t paid to wade through pages of abuse to find a few nuggets of useful feedback, and so that feedback is not acted on.

We’re not looking for fawning adoration (although we will certainly accept it) or a forum in which our decisions can’t be discussed with a critical eye. We want to have your feedback, but there is no point to it if it can’t be delivered with a minimum of respect for each other. If you want to have a forum where developers are willing to go and answer your questions, then it is also your responsibility to build a place where we feel welcome, and where we can disagree in a productive and professional manner. It costs you nothing to assume that we were acting in good faith. None of us wake up in the morning and go to work in order to do a bad job.
The problem is we are wired to fixate on negatives over positives, so if the content they give us is mostly good but a few bad things then there is going to be a mass of aggresion and anger over those few bad things.

Ultimately they love this game or they would not still be working on it, they work at a large company that can easily put them to work on other modern projects (or just retire). That they keep wanting to work on it, is why we get updates. There isn't some army of developers who want to come work on this game as a career choice.

You may not agree with the content they give us in its entirety but it's created with the best of intentions and even if you don't like stuff like content aimed at getting you to login daily, it's there for a reason and without it you (or enough others) will stop logging in. Ultimately, you don't want that because otherwise you wouldn't still be playing an 18 year old game anyway. You're looking for reasons to keep playing.

They have a limited budget, they have limited resources. If you can't understand how that impacts development, maybe you should spend a few minutes contemplating it.
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-05-10 08:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »
Saw this on another forum from a developer, I think it's worth posting since it's pretty universal.

Quote:
When I first started at Paradox, the direct line between community and developers was a major plus for me, because I liked the idea of talking to the community without having to run every post past three different marketing departments first. However, this kind of direct community access comes at a heavy cost for us. As many of you have noticed, we have gotten a little sparse in these forums in the last few months, or even years. The reason for this is that often we do face a debate culture that is not enjoyable to take part in, where it is taken as a given that the devs are either lazy or incompetent and where everything we do is viewed through that lens. Not only is it incredibly demoralizing to spend months of your life creating something, only to see the people you made it for tear it to shreds, it is also a debate that gives no one anything. We aren’t paid to wade through pages of abuse to find a few nuggets of useful feedback, and so that feedback is not acted on.

We’re not looking for fawning adoration (although we will certainly accept it) or a forum in which our decisions can’t be discussed with a critical eye. We want to have your feedback, but there is no point to it if it can’t be delivered with a minimum of respect for each other. If you want to have a forum where developers are willing to go and answer your questions, then it is also your responsibility to build a place where we feel welcome, and where we can disagree in a productive and professional manner. It costs you nothing to assume that we were acting in good faith. None of us wake up in the morning and go to work in order to do a bad job.
The problem is we are wired to fixate on negatives over positives, so if the content they give us is mostly good but a few bad things then there is going to be a mass of aggresion and anger over those few bad things.

Ultimately they love this game or they would not still be working on it, they work at a large company that can easily put them to work on other modern projects (or just retire). That they keep wanting to work on it, is why we get updates. There isn't some army of developers who want to come work on this game as a career choice.

You may not agree with the content they give us in its entirety but it's created with the best of intentions and even if you don't like stuff like content aimed at getting you to login daily, it's there for a reason and without it you (or enough others) will stop logging in. Ultimately, you don't want that because otherwise you wouldn't still be playing an 18 year old game anyway. You're looking for reasons to keep playing.

They have a limited budget, they have limited resources. If you can't understand how that impacts development, maybe you should spend a few minutes contemplating it.

I agree with the virtue of your argument but SE spoonfeeds non-JP players ***. They get weekly dev updates on the JP forums, and we get translated posts a few times/year. When SE touts an NA question/answer session, they have the questions and answers already prepped (if last December/February isn't though proof).

Interactions with SE via public forum as a dubious loot box you have no choice of getting anything good from, because they choose not to treat us the same as JP players. (Let's also not forget, they admitted to Famitsu, they have zero dedicated FFXI developers)
[+]
 Asura.Myasasa
Server: Asura
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2021-05-21 04:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Still no info on a future synergy recipe for all those skill earring (https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Zurim#600_Points_-_Skill_Earrings)?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-21 06:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There are more than 8, so very unlikely it'd happen via synergy.
 Asura.Myasasa
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2021-05-21 06:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah but they can make one for guard/shield/eva/parry, one for divine/enhance/elem/healing/enfee/dark, and another for geo,bard,blu,smn,nin skill
or make Zurim craft a super earring with 2 trades (2 days of work or w/e)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-27 08:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw a BLU in the announcement image for the next Monthly update and thought it was BLUpdate month finally . So sad :(
[+]
By Draylo 2021-05-27 08:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad times but the day will come... #BLUPDATE.

Hopefully we can at least get a Raubahn trust, I've been dying for that for ages lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2021-05-27 09:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Sad times but the day will come... #BLUPDATE.

Hopefully we can at least get a Raubahn trust, I've been dying for that for ages lol.

Don't do this to yourself, they would give him Pollen and Sprout Smack then make him like Luzaf.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-27 09:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Give them some credit. It would be Wild Oats, and it would be reasonable because it lowers vit. Nothing else because it would be overpowered.

You can't lower vit AND do damage, that would be so imba.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-31 12:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't really a tracker thing.

I think they broke unity drops today? I'm getting entire stacks of unity mats, that's never happened before.
6 of my drops were (12) it's never been more than 1 2 or 3

(*)I got a windower resources update this morning logging in a crashed account, it's possible the resources have an error, I don't know if those were actually 12 drops, or errors in text.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-05-31 12:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This isn't really a tracker thing.

I think they broke unity drops today? I'm getting entire stacks of unity mats, that's never happened before.
6 of my drops were (12) it's never been more than 1 2 or 3
This is likely an issue with how battlemod's detection for the number of items you receive from a coffer can be interfered with by Treasury's autostack.

I would check the total number of items in inventory then compare it to the reported value in chat. I suspect you will find some discrepancies.

If coffers actually are giving out stacks, then well.. wow SE. Please don't ban people for opening their coffers. lol. But I suspect it is just a display issue.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-31 12:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a windower resources update this morning logging in a crashed account, so it is possible the resources have an error, I don't know if those were actually 12 drops, or errors in text.

I'll do another set later to see if I get 12's or not, in reality. Or if anyone else sees/gets a stack drop before then.
By Taint 2021-05-31 13:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its battlemod. I had Pluton case state I got 91 but that was not the case since I less that total after the notice.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-31 13:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone wants to mention that on the windower discord that'd be cool then. I don't have a discord.

Or some other method of getting their attention.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-03 03:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They are already fixing the Reprisal Gift thing that they forgot about last month.

I don't get the mentioned changes to Level Correction, to they mean the lower enmity cap on the pre-adoulin zones monsters, where they are all level 99 but with super boosted stats, making it quite hard for tanks to hold hate, because of the greatly reduced enmity caps?
By SimonSes 2021-06-03 04:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I don't get the mentioned changes to Level Correction, to they mean the lower enmity cap on the pre-adoulin zones monsters, where they are all level 99 but with super boosted stats, making it quite hard for tanks to hold hate, because of the greatly reduced enmity caps?

yes.

Im just not sure what they meant with this

Quote:
together with adding high level monsters to some areas

if they are adding some new 99+ lv mobs (possibly new fights for The Voracious Resurgence) or changing already existing 99lv mobs to higher level.
By Taint 2021-06-03 06:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I read it as true 99+ mobs geared towards more
JP camps.

Since they are expanding jobs this may be their answer to crowded Apex camps.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-06-03 08:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully some Apex beasts!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-06-03 08:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

New voracious resurgence is fun for new items and titles

But where is the update for the mastery rank grinders that really matters!

The one from here that makes the odyssey boss titles and newer voracious resurgence titles work on guildwork <_<
 Valefor.Heabea
Server: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2021-06-03 09:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 the big reward talked about this update from VR is a lockstyle of Naja's mace
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-06-03 09:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Morgenstern
[+]
By joemamma 2021-06-03 09:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Heabea said: »
inb4 the big reward talked about this update from VR is a lockstyle of Naja's mace

36 cheese sandwiches.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-06-03 10:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
They are already fixing the Reprisal Gift thing that they forgot about last month.

There's not a different cap. The enmity caps are global.

But it is vastly easier for DD to hit that cap, because the damage to enmity ratio for lvl99 is vastly higher than on higher level monsters.

So, same caps, but way easier to get there cause dmg enmity is nuts on lvl 99 mobs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-03 12:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
but way easier to get there cause dmg enmity is nuts on lvl 99 mobs.

Easy example is on Hidhaegg UNM. One WS from a heavy DD and the Tank literally cannot take hate back for the entire fight. I saw a SAM get Terrored immediately after a high dmg fudo, and basically did nothing for an entire two minutes (lost his buffs from Roar, Terror another 1-2 times), and I was not able to pull it back off with RUN after using every JA minus SPs, Flash, and Foil on timer. Which makes bringing a tank to anything Lv.99 worthless.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-03 13:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

exactely my point Bookki :-(
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 409 410 411