users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 189 190 191 ... 424 425 426
By Honeybaked 2021-01-11 17:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Solonuke said: »
I think they're waiting with adding additional KIs until the event is complete (or less buggy). Omen didn't have up to three canteens at launch.
Nope but you could store 2, plus one on yourself.

That would already be an acceptable compromise for odyssey, if you ask me.

Omen was exactly the same as Odyssey. You could hold 1 tag and start the timer for a second. This is until they updated it to have him hold up to three which allows you to have up to four as you have brought up. The single key item created a lot of issues for my group back then trying to do it in the middle of the work week.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-11 18:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Honeybaked said: »
Solonuke said: »
I think they're waiting with adding additional KIs until the event is complete (or less buggy). Omen didn't have up to three canteens at launch.
Nope but you could store 2, plus one on yourself.

That would already be an acceptable compromise for odyssey, if you ask me.

Omen was exactly the same as Odyssey. You could hold 1 tag and start the timer for a second. This is until they updated it to have him hold up to three which allows you to have up to four as you have brought up. The single key item created a lot of issues for my group back then trying to do it in the middle of the work week.
I think you could have 1 KI on yourself and 2 KIs stored on the goblin, this got increased to the current number of 3.

Edit:
I was wrong, originally you could only have one KI on yourself and one on Incantrix (stored automatically).
This was on the Omen Release, December 2016.
By March 2017 (just 3 months later) you could store 2 on Incantrix.
By October 2017 (7 months after previous update, 10 after event release) you could store a total of three.

Odyssey got released in march 2020. Now we're about to receive the January 2021 Odyssey (final?) patch, 10 months after release, and still no increase.
Well, unless the January patch decides to surprise us with an unexpected increase. That would be very welcome of course but so far no mention.
Just a few more hours to find out, but I won't hold my breath.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-01-11 19:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey got released in march 2020. Now we're about to receive the January 2021 Odyssey (final?) patch, 10 months after release, and still no increase.
Well, unless the January patch decides to surprise us with an unexpected increase. That would be very welcome of course but so far no mention.
Just a few more hours to find out, but I won't hold my breath.

Not quite final, they are already planning more NMs next month. Maybe it was supposed to be a 2 month gap between this introduction and these new nms since it was supposed to be last month for the update we are getting tonight.

Quote:
Future Updates
We're planning to add new Notorious Monsters and gear starting February. Please look forward to it!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-11 19:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting February...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-11 22:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see anything in the Content Rules which states entry to boss area is limited by time or that it shares KI with Moglophone entry to A/B/C. I'm hoping that means the boss area is not linked to Moglophone for lower zones, meaning you can do them both on same day to farm points and do boss (rather than either/or)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 04:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a limit in how often you can buy Moglophone II?
There is no mention in the patch notes, leading me to think that you could virtually buy even 20000 if you wanted, provided that you have the 3k Segments to pay each time you want to buy one.

I'm a bit confused on how it works though. I thought it was 9000 Segments to buy a KI and being able to attempt from 1 to 3 NMs.

Instead it's 3k segment for 1 NM attempt. If that's so, how do they cap the maximum number of NMs you can fight to three, if you can buy as many Moglophone II as you want, provided you have the required Segments?

Also anybody knows how many segments can a party of 6 people farm on average during a sheol A, B or C run?
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 05:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bit confused on how it works though. I thought it was 9000 Segments to buy a KI and being able to attempt from 1 to 3 NMs.

Im confused too. Maybe you will be only fight some NMs as 2nd or 3rd? So entering with 1 Moglophone II would onyl let you fight some limited number of weak NMs?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 07:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I mentioned this in other thread. You can enter anytime. You can do up to three, these moglophone II is only consumed after entry to each NM

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Siren.Codegen said: »
Also I was able to buy back more moglophone2s right away, but don't have an option to enter the boss area anymore, so it must be locked to once a day regardless of key item, at least for a solo player.

I was able to buy 3 Moglophones and re-enter right away, so you must have to have 3 to even get the Sheol Gaol 124 option. The only restriction to this is segments.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-01-12 07:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything cleared solo an hour and a half after the content released is incredibly disappointing.

SE continues to be a failure.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-12 07:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
Everything cleared solo an hour and a half after the content released is incredibly disappointing.

So the higher difficulty NMs werent that bad even when getting to max rank?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 07:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That was just the unlock for the weapons. Anybody can do that with requisite amount of segments. The RP part takes longer.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-01-12 07:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think saying the only exciting part is incredibly easy(all cleared in less than 90mins after it was released) and the rest is an obnoxious grind is much better, especially since you can likely do it on easy.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 07:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Its like saying Ambuscade is easy after clearing it at Very Easy.
Is it really that hard to understand that this event like MOST events before has scaling difficulty, so everyone can enjoy it, but only top can master it? People complaining is unbelievable..

especially since you can likely do it on easy.

Ambsucade can also be farmed on easy. RP points in dynamis can also be farmed doing half of Wave 1 etc. The point is that doing it on higher difficulty is much more rewarding and AFAIK you wont be able to augment those items to max level if you wont beat NMs at higher difficulty level, so its even more reward scaling than Ambuscade.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-01-12 07:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Its like saying Ambuscade is easy after clearing it at Very Easy.
Is it really that hard to understand that this event like MOST events before has scaling difficulty, so everyone can enjoy it, but only top can master it? People complaining is unbelievable..
i realize you've kind of assumed the role of village idiot around here lately but not many people argue that ambuscade is good content.

it's filler content at best.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 07:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference though is that ambuscade rewards are the greatest in game, and given the limited time (one month), you are pretty much forced to develop an efficient way to farm it, and thats doing VD and doing VD FAST.

Unlike Odyssey, where the augments per se are meh at best (one extra chunk of att, acc, something better in other gear, something worse in another, etc) and the content isnt going anywhere.

Not saying that the new introduction is bad, but this and ambuscade isnt a fair comparison.
 Sylph.Herbs
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-01-12 07:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you understand the reality of the game.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-01-12 08:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »

oh I definitely do. if SE is going to continue to be subpar they need to lower the monthly cost since it's the most expensive MMO in the history of MMOs.

they are a failure of a company and need to do something to show ffxi players they give a ***and this update, nor any update of the last 4 years, is something that shows that.

white knighting them like this simon kid does all across these forums is exactly why they've been able to get away with it.

expect more.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 08:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
The difference though is that ambuscade rewards are the greatest in game, and given the limited time (one month), you are pretty much forced to develop an efficient way to farm it, and thats doing VD and doing VD FAST.

Unlike Odyssey, where the augments per se are meh at best (one extra chunk of att, acc, something better in other gear, something worse in another, etc) and the content isnt going anywhere.

Not saying that the new introduction is bad, but this and ambuscade isnt a fair comparison.

The difference is that you lose segments here, so if you will keep failing or doing it slow, you will get augment in a year. Also Update notes suggest, that you will need to increase difficulty in order to even push augments higher (so lets say VE can only cap your RP to rank 4, E to rank 8 etc. or something similar. None knows exactly). Also there might be stronger items and augments in the future?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-01-12 08:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Whos the failure:
The company who puts out content that is "incredibly disappointing"
Or
The client who continues to gives said company a subscription fee for said "incredibly disappointing" content
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-01-12 08:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Whos the failure:
The company who puts out content that is "incredibly disappointing"
Or
The client who continues to gives said company a subscription fee for said "incredibly disappointing" content
definitely both

remember reading on BG that you quit for like 3 years due to lack of content wasn't it?

covid has you bored and you like to white knight as well, i get it
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 08:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

oh I definitely do. if SE is going to continue to be subpar they need to lower the monthly cost since it's the most expensive MMO in the history of MMOs.

they are a failure of a company and need to do something to show ffxi players they give a ***and this update, nor any update of the last 4 years, is something that shows that.

white knighting them like this simon kid does all across these forums is exactly why they've been able to get away with it.

expect more.

Im not white knighting anyone. I simply calling you out on your inaccurate comments. Stuff killed on lowest difficulty doesnt equal to cleared content. Also if Im a kid to you, then you must be a grandpa.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-01-12 08:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

since it's the most expensive MMO in the history of MMOs.
Just snipping this out here. FFXI is only base $12.99 USD/mo isn't it? That's $2 USD fewer than WoW and most other subscription-based MMORPG's. And it's the whole package; FFXIV costs the same, but then still peppers you with microtransactions around every corner.

Not that I'm taking either side in this argument, I just figured I should point out this factual error.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-01-12 08:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

guess we'll give it a few weeks and see what the consensus is, won't we simon?

and nah, literally all of your posts are white knighting SE. anyone defending this company at this point is so lost it's unreal

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
since it's the most expensive MMO in the history of MMOs.
Just snipping this out here. FFXI is only base $12.99 USD/mo isn't it? That's $2 USD fewer than WoW and most other subscription-based MMORPG's. And it's the whole package; FFXIV costs the same, but then still peppers you with microtransactions around every corner.

Not that I'm taking either side in this argument, I just figured I should point out this factual error.

incredibly disingenuous argument, the average ffxi player spends nowhere near $12.95 a month on FFXI. also it's not $2 cheaper than WoW it's the exact same price. no idea how you could write that off as "factual" considering you basically need wardrobes to play more than 1 job in this game.

embarrassing.

self defeating argument too since both the mentioned MMOs actually get content updates compared to this utter garbage.
 Sylph.Herbs
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-01-12 08:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

expect more.

Some players use all manner of addons.
Some players do not.

This is like half the runners in an obstacle course using steroids and the other half not, then the ones that do complaining because there wasn't enough challenge.

You can't make the obstacle course for the ones that are using steroids, because it's unfair to the others and because steroids are against the rules anyway.

Also, most MMO players do not want a serious challenge anyway. This appears to be news to you? You think most endgame players want to wipe over and over again for days or weeks? maybe you do and maybe 10-20 do, I guarantee you most do not. This is even important if it is content they have to do over and over again. You make your content for the people that play it, not some "gold standard" difficulty for one person to complain about on a forum.

Also I don't see the people that beat it complaining, only you.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-01-12 08:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

incredibly disingenuous argument, the average ffxi player spends nowhere near $12.95 a month on FFXI. also it's not $2 cheaper than WoW it's the exact same price
It's a really quick Google search: FFXI is $12.99 USD/mo, WoW starts at $14.99/mo unless you pay for 6 months at a time.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-01-12 08:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry buddy, even casual players want something that can't be cleared in 1.5hrs. this is great for "returning players", which funnily enough all of you appear to be.(those who have replied to me)

for active/keeping subscriptions for those of us who have been here the whole time and are caught up on what is currently in the game, this is horrible content and incredibly disappointing.

incredibly disingenuous argument, the average ffxi player spends nowhere near $12.95 a month on FFXI. also it's not $2 cheaper than WoW it's the exact same price
It's a really quick Google search: FFXI is $12.99 USD/mo, WoW starts at $14.99/mo unless you pay for 6 months at a time.

ah ok, so WoW is $12.99/mo for 6 months at a time which is what most people do and is the exact same cost as FFXI.

you look at this in the lens of no wardrobes/mules/etc, everything that FFXI players now a days have deemed "necessary" but you look at just the 1 month subscription model cost for WoW, that's really disingenuous bro.
 Sylph.Herbs
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-01-12 08:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry buddy, even casual players want something that can't be cleared in 1.5hrs. this is great for "returning players", which funnily enough all of you appear to be.(those who have replied to me)

for active/keeping subscriptions for those of us who have been here the whole time and are caught up on what is currently in the game, this is horrible content and incredibly disappointing.

ah ok, so WoW is $12.99/mo for 6 months at a time which is what most people do and is the exact same cost as FFXI.

got it

You complain, alone.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-01-12 08:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

we'll see!
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-01-12 08:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally like this idea of having to rotate your job combinations for each boss, that is unique and something I haven't seen them implement yet. I also like that I don't have to worry about stupid Mog Mastery.

...My big concern is that if it is still as laggy as the other Odyssey zone and Dynamis, I'm still going to have a bad time anyway when I'm farming segments and killing the bosses. Oh and I still hate the fact Mooglephone entry items can't accumulate, daily tasks are stupid.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-01-12 08:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure why people are complaining about "new content being cleared in an hour". They are getting the base item. R20ing this thing is going to take time and also escalating effort, if you read the patch notes. People will be at it for a long time, I'm sure. I think it's a nice little addition. It'll also cause more people to spend time in Sheol A-C farming segments.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 189 190 191 ... 424 425 426